Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

The Myth of saying that Jesus Christ died for all men without exception !

Another popular Myth in the religious world today, is the Jesus Christ died or gave His Life for everyone in the world without exception, but the problem with that, is there is not one shred of scripture evidence that states that.

The scripture however does say that He died for His Sheep or His Church as per Jn 10:

11I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep.

15As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep.

eph 5:

25Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;

His People Isa 53:

8He was taken from prison and from judgment: and who shall declare his generation? for he was cut off out of the land of the living: for the transgression of my people was he stricken. cp Matt 1:21

Now, are all without exception His Sheep ? No

Are all without exception His Church ? No

Are all without exception His People ? No

For surely the children of the devil Jn 8:44 cannot be of His Sheep, His Church, or His People.

So why does the religous world proclaim that Jesus Christ died for all men without exception, when they have no scripture proof ? Because it is a Myth.

John 3:16-20 NLT
"For God loved the world so much that he gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life. 17 God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through him.
18 “There is no judgment against anyone who believes in him. But anyone who does not believe in him has already been judged for not believing in God’s one and only Son. 19 And the judgment is based on this fact: God’s light came into the world, but people loved the darkness more than the light, for their actions were evil. 20 All who do evil hate the light and refuse to go near it for fear their sins will be exposed. 21 But those who do what is right come to the light so others can see that they are doing what God wants."

"For God loved the world so much that he gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life. 17 God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through him. 18 “There is no judgment against anyone who believes in him. But anyone who does not believe in him has already been judged for not believing in God’s one and only Son. 19 And the judgment is based on this fact: God’s light came into the world, but people loved the darkness more than the light, for their actions were evil. 20 All who do evil hate the light and refuse to go near it for fear their sins will be exposed. 21 But those who do what is right come to the light so others can see that they are doing what God wants."

OOFFF, another crushing body blow to the OP... :clap

No doubt, "the world" will be whittled down to include only those members of the elect who happened to be alive in 33 AD, which "sbg" has already done, cutting himself off from the salvific works of Christ.

The lengths one must go to cut off their nose to spite their face...

Regards

This use of “all men†is like saying, “all men who come to the party will wear costumes.†It doesn’t at all mean that “all men†are invited to the party…

A similar sentence: Anyone who comes to my house will be treated well.

This use of “all menâ€, like John 3:16’s use of “whoever†or “whosoeverâ€, means “those who do†rather than “anyone mayâ€.
I think Alabaster wants us to take John 3:16 the way I indicated earlier in post 333…

Again, I expect only Calvinists to acknowledge the distinction. For an Arminian, this is an inconvenient one.

Again, I’d like to put this question on the table for our Arminian friends…

What is the deciding factor between those in Heaven and those in Hell?

A Calvinist will rightly say, “God’s grace is the only difference between the two.â€

An Arminian must say something like, “tose in Heaven decided wisely…â€

Right?

-HisSheep

"For God loved the world so much that he gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life. 17 God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through him. 18 “There is no judgment against anyone who believes in him. But anyone who does not believe in him has already been judged for not believing in God’s one and only Son. 19 And the judgment is based on this fact: God’s light came into the world, but people loved the darkness more than the light, for their actions were evil. 20 All who do evil hate the light and refuse to go near it for fear their sins will be exposed. 21 But those who do what is right come to the light so others can see that they are doing what God wants."

Your point ?

Jesus died for those it was promised that He shall save from their sins Matt 1:

21And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins.[which means by the way, those he does not save from their sins were not his people]

Thats the promise, all else is speculation and doctrines of men and devils.

Lk 19:

10For the Son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost.[which means those He came to seek and to save are not lost but found]

He came to do His Fathers will, that all the Father hath given Him, He should loose nothing Jn 6:

39And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given [perfect tense] me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.

The word for will here is the greek word:
thelēma:

what one wishes or has determined shall be done

a) of the purpose of God to bless mankind through Christ
b) of what God wishes to be done by us
1) commands, precepts
2) will, choice, inclination, desire, pleasure

All that He hath given me indicates all who has been chosen by the Father, and has been given [ once and for all in the past time with effects into the present] by the Father to the Son for salvation and to give eternal life Jn 10:

26But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you.

27My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:

28And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.

29My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.

30I and my Father are one.

Now in light of the afore mentioned scriptures, how do we or should understand 1 tim 2:

4Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.

Who is it that desires this ? Is it not the Father of Jesus Christ who sent Him to do His will ?

Are the same people in view in 1 tim 2 4 as is in Jn 6:39 ?

Where it is said of Jesus, that He should not loose nothing !!

What about those in 2 pet 3 :

9The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

Are the ones here, whom God is not willing that any should perish, the same as the ones in Jn 6:39 ?

If so, then the conclusion is , it is The Fathers will for the Son to save all and bring all to repentance as indicated, and if the Son does not, and looses some, that they perish, then He has not done His Fathers will. If any do perish that Christ is to save, according to His Fathers will [jn 6:39] then Christ has failed in executing His Fathers will, because some has perished, whom His Father was not willing to perish [ 2 pet 3:9], hence, Christ was a disappointment and not a complete Saviour.

He may have sought that was lost lk 19:10, but He did not save all that was lost.

This is the dilemma we have if we say that Christ died for all men without exception to save them, but yet all men without exception are not saved, and some of them perish in their sins.

Jesus came to seek and to save that which is lost--THAT IS EVERYONE!

Jesus came to seek and to save that which is lost--THAT IS EVERYONE!

Then you believe everyone without exception is saved ? If you do, thats the heresy of universalism, and if you dont, you are saying that Christ failed His Fathers will ! Which is it ?

The point is, if you strictly look at the thread title, is that it is only a myth to say that Jesus Christ didn't die for all men without exception.

It is a myth, and nothing you quoted denied it, so whats the point ?

Then you believe everyone without exception is saved ? If you do, thats the heresy of universalism, and if you dont, you are saying that Christ failed His Fathers will ! Which is it ?

Absolutely NOT. Jesus came to seek and to save everyone--that was His mission. The fact that not everyone is saved doesn't mean He has failed in any way. What it means is that His people may have failed at passing on the message of hope to individuals, and most of all, it means that millions have chosen to reject that message.

You can buy an expensive gift for someone you love, but that person doesn't have to accept it.
You can pay the cashier for an expensive meal at a fancy restaurant for someone you don't know, but that person can still opt to pay for it himself. Dumb? Yes!

alab:

Was He successful ?

Absolutely. It's people who are failures. Everyone He has foreknown will come. Everyone has a choice. All those who are predestined to come will do so. No one will slip through His fingers.

1 Timothy 2:3-4
This is good and pleases God our Savior, 4 who wants everyone to be saved and to understand the truth.

2 Peter 3:9
The Lord isn’t really being slow about his promise, as some people think. No, he is being patient for your sake. He does not want anyone to be destroyed, but wants everyone to repent.

Absolutely. It's people who are failures. Everyone He has foreknown will come. Everyone has a choice. All those who are predestined to come will do so. No one will slip through His fingers.

1 Timothy 2:3-4
This is good and pleases God our Savior, 4 who wants everyone to be saved and to understand the truth.

2 Peter 3:9
The Lord isn’t really being slow about his promise, as some people think. No, he is being patient for your sake. He does not want anyone to be destroyed, but wants everyone to repent.

Well if He was successful, there is no need for the Lake of fire is it. Matt 25:

41Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

Well if He was successful, there is no need for the Lake of fire is it. Matt 25:

41Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

Believe the Word of God. Everyone has an opportunity to receive Christ, the Way, the Truth and the Life. Those who reject Him are not successful.

Jesus did His Calvary work, and it was a complete and utter success. People are the losers when they deny Him His rightful place. It is no reflection on Him and His incredible and perfect love.

ala:

Jesus did His Calvary work, and it was a complete and utter success

Well if it was, did it save all whom The Father wanted to be saved ? Yes or no !!

ala:

Well if it was, did it save all whom The Father wanted to be saved ? Yes or no !!

Not really, but that is not the measure of success that God uses. Not everyone will come to Christ, and millions will be cast into hellfire, yet all who does come are those who are predestined to do so.

His plan is a total success...even though people lose out on life forever. Does that sound strange? It is true but it is also a mystery.

Back