Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

The nation of Israel was given the Law,and it was never given to the the Gentiles

The following is what I (webb) will affirm for Glorydaz to deny in a one-on-one.

The scriptures teach that the baptism of the Holy Spirit WAS a promise to be received, for certain persons, for certain purposes which purposes have been fulfilled and thus no one today receives such baptism. The scriptures further teaches that the baptism of Matthew 28:19,20 and Mark 16:15-16 is water baptism and is for "remission of sins", "to be saved", to become "a new creature", to be in the "one body", to have sins "washed away'', and to be "in Christ" and to "put on Christ. That water baptism is a COMMAND to be obeyed by all accountable people to the end of the world.

I can see you've "fine-tuned" your belief. I might consider a one-on-one with you if I thought you'd actually consider the verses I put forward. So far, you've dismissed them out-of-hand. I did find a web site that matches what you're saying, and I didn't agree with them, either.

So, I would only consider such an arangement if I could be assured I wasn't just wasting my time and beating my head against a brick wall. So far, that's been the extent of our dialogue. What kinds of assurance would you be able to give me? I'm not interested in hearing one single thing that cannot be supported with Scripture. Everything must be backed up with the Word or it's nothing more than rank speculation.

Once again, Glorydaz, from your post #128 you wrote: ''YOU DISREGARD ANY OF THE SCRIPTURE THAT I'VE GIVEN YOU AS IF YOU HAVEN'T EVEN GLANCED AT THEM."

My answer is: I have told before, and I tell you again: none of the scriptures you presented are at the issue. Just quoting scripture is not enough, thats why I have urged in this thread the imporftance of "rightly dividing the word of truth." Some seem to be satisfied with the idea that every time they see the word "Sp;iritr" it means Holy Spirit baptism. Not so. If so, prove it as you will have to do in our one-on-one.

And not every "baptism" is the one you assume it to be. I have no problem using scripture to prove my case. That's all that Jesus used when he was tempted in the wilderness. Rightly dividing the Word is finding agreement in Scripture. If there is no agreement, then one's own understanding is at fault. At the same time, you can't throw out verses that explain fully what is meant by the baptism of the Holy Spirit, simply because the word "baptism" is not in the verse. You can't excude the "Comforter" because the baptism of the Spirit is not mentioned. This is where true spiritual discernment comes into the mix.

Glorydaz

In our consideration for a one-on-one I am put in the position of affirming which means you will have to follow me. You will have plenty of scripture and reasoning on rightly dividing it, that I can assure. When you are in the affirmative (if you in the future choose to do so) I will follow each scripture you provide. In the mean while if you check the posts, you have placed me in the affirmative.

Hi Glorydaz

If you send me the website you mentioned I'll look at it and let you know if I agree with it.

And not every "baptism" is the one you assume it to be. I have no problem using scripture to prove my case. That's all that Jesus used when he was tempted in the wilderness. Rightly dividing the Word is finding agreement in Scripture. If there is no agreement, then one's own understanding is at fault. At the same time, you can't throw out verses that explain fully what is meant by the baptism of the Holy Spirit, simply because the word "baptism" is not in the verse. You can't excude the "Comforter" because the baptism of the Spirit is not mentioned. This is where true spiritual discernment comes into the mix.

Discernment is the "key" word...

Glorydaz

In our consideration for a one-on-one I am put in the position of affirming which means you will have to follow me. You will have plenty of scripture and reasoning on rightly dividing it, that I can assure. When you are in the affirmative (if you in the future choose to do so) I will follow each scripture you provide. In the mean while if you check the posts, you have placed me in the affirmative.

Oh my, you mean there are certain rules? I may not know how to go about this.
It's already getting annoying. ;)

Do I assume correctlly you have given the green light for the one-on-one?

I'm as green about setting this up you seem to be. Give me the definite yes or no and I will or will not proceed.

Oh, yes, what about the website you mentioned? I would like to see that.

Do I assume correctlly you have given the green light for the one-on-one?

I'm as green about setting this up you seem to be. Give me the definite yes or no and I will or will not proceed.

Oh, yes, what about the website you mentioned? I would like to see that.

Yes, it's a go. If you get rude, I'll just stop.

I'm not giving you that website...You just prove it from the Word.

Thank you for the "go". If you get rude I'll stop too.

The website would have been interesting to read but thats up to you. I would not need it for the one-on-one anyway, all I need is the sword of the Spirit, Eph.6:17

Good morning Glorydaz

Yesterday I asked a moderater to put us on line. We are in the waiting mode.

Wish you well

Glorydaz

One-on-one is ready, will follow the proposition with my 1st affirmative at my earliest opportunity.
God bless

The law was delivered to the nation of Israel. It was "NEVER" placed upon the gentiles. I would "challenge" you to find Scripture that states, The law was delivered to the gentiles... The law was made for "law breakers." The gentiles (us) are under "Grace" and were never under the law...From Adam on,sin was in the world and we are all (Jew and Gentile) guilty of sin. However, the law was delivered to the "Chosen" house of Israel only, not the gentiles...We "the gentiles" were grafted in later, but we (the gentiles) were and are under Grace not law...

The law was & is from ETERNITY in all directions!! Rev. 14:6 + 1 John 3:4's heavenly rebellion.

And jewish? not hardly, unless God had Inspired a faulty Gen. 26:5 'documentation' for why Abe was called by Him for Salvation to mankind long before Isaac came on the scene! See Gen. 12:5's 'souls' even won to Christ before any Jew was hybrid!;)

If you check things out, you will find that Salvation was nothing new from day one on. Eccl.3:15:thumbsup

--Elijah

Jesus affirmed that every WORD of God is applicable to man. Man, not just Jews. And this is 'inclusive' of every Word of God in the LAW.

Luke 4:4
And Jesus answered him, saying, It is written, That man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word of God.

If we were to believe the voices of many who decry and eliminate the Law of Moses to Gentiles we would have to re-write the scriptures to eliminate Jesus' statement above. That is just not possible.

There may be many views of the Law, amply shown. But none of those views will change the facts of God Himself, that 'man' shall live by ALL OF GODS WORDS.

Perhaps the problem LIES in those who can not find LIFE in the LAW.

Romans 7:10
And the commandment, which was ordained to life, I found to be unto death.

Many men encountered Gods Living Word, and fell at His Feet AS DEAD.

enjoy!

s

Murder is no more sanctioned under grace than law, therefore there is no difference.

Murder has never been sanctioned in any age or dealing God has had with man and the injunction against it goes all the way back to Cain:

{11} "Now you are cursed from the ground, which has opened its mouth to receive your brother's blood from your hand. {12} "When you cultivate the ground, it will no longer yield its strength to you; you will be a vagrant and a wanderer on the earth." Genesis 4:11-12 (NASB)

The injunction against murder preceded both Law and grace.
Therefore murder - like other things God deems sinful (idolatry, covetousness) - does not establish a common, let alone permanent, bond between Law and grace, as it - again - precedes both!

There is clearly a difference between Law and grace which is what Paul consistently illustrated in his letters!

Abe was called by Him for Salvation to mankind long before Isaac came on the scene! See Gen. 12:5's 'souls' even won to Christ before any Jew was hybrid!

The covenant God made with Abraham was a covenant of faith, not Law. Faith in God has always led to righteousness in God's eyes. Read Hebrews 11.

Back