Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

The nation of Israel was given the Law,and it was never given to the the Gentiles

Glorydaz
I have read your post and as I understand it that is not the issue. Perhaps you will suggest what you want me to affirm.

Those who do NOT have the Holy Spirit dwelling in them are NOT God's children.

If you cannot affirm that you have the Holy Spirit dwelling in you, it's because you don't, and are none of His.

"But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his."

Glorydaz

I believe your last post. Maybe more than you, however that is not the issue. I cannot affirm something I do not believe nor can I deny what I do believe. The issue is ( correct me if I misunderstand you ) you believe people are baptized with the Holy Spirit today and I do not. Now is this a correct stating of our differences or no???

Glorydaz

I believe your last post. Maybe more than you, however that is not the issue. I cannot affirm something I do not believe nor can I deny what I do believe. The issue is ( correct me if I misunderstand you ) you believe people are baptized with the Holy Spirit today and I do not. Now is this a correct stating of our differences or no???

Why do you wish to debate with "Glory" if your "diametrically" opposed to his beliefs?? What have you to gain my friend... Surely your not going to claim a "convert" to your beliefs...He already HAS the truth, why would he want to replace it with "fallacy?"...

Grubal in reply to your above post, God has said His word would not return to Him void. That applies to me. It applies to Glorydaz. It applies to you as well.

Glorydaz

Besides your reading of the bible what gives you the impression that no one can be baptized in the Spirit after Cornelius?

Glorydaz

I KNOW all true believers are filled with the Holy Spirit, and, yes, that is the baptism of the Holy Spirit.

If they weren't, they would not have a clean heart (circumcision of the heart).

Romans 2:28-29 said:
For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh: But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

They would not be a "new creature".
2 Corinthians 5:17 said:
Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

They would have no "fruit".
Gal. 5:22-23 said:
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

And, most important, they would have no LIFE. It's the Spirit that gives us Life. No Spirit....No Life.
2 Corinthians 3:5-7 said:
Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think any thing as of ourselves; but our sufficiency is of God; Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.

The Bible indeed teaches believers are filled with the Holy Spirit but such is not the baptism of the Holy Spirit, and none of the passages you submitted say so.

The baptism in the Holy Spirit begins the walk of being surrounded by the Spirit. You experience light all around and an anointing from heaven. While not so common these days, yet many have walked in this power in the past.

John the Baptist spoke of the "Baptism of the Holy Spirit," in Matthew 3:11---"I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance: but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and with fire:"

Water Baptism was actually only for the "House of Israel" and not intended for Gentiles. However Gentiles were not "held back" from being Baptized in this manner. When the Gentiles were "branched" in with the "House of Israel" Spirit Baptism became the manner of Baptism, and it remains so today...

The Bible indeed teaches believers are filled with the Holy Spirit but such is not the baptism of the Holy Spirit, and none of the passages you submitted say so.

What is your criteria for such a baptism? Wasn't Paul baptized in the Spirit (at a later date than Cornelius)?

Are you just hung up on what you think you are reading into the bible account?

The fact remains that even without a written out law, all men have an idea of what is right and wrong. It comes from having eaten of that tree! (The tree of the knowledge of good and evil)

So maybe we have been estranged from God and His life, but we still have a conscience that tells us what is right and wrong....written code aside.

The knowledge of good and evil is a knowledge of comparative perspectives so as to give value to that which is good. This knowledge has no power to make one righteous so as to choose to be good.

The knowledge of good and evil is a knowledge of comparative perspectives so as to give value to that which is good. This knowledge has no power to make one righteous so as to choose to be good.

No but it sure convicted Adam and Eve of sin!!!! They hid from God! They KNEW they had done very wrong!

Baptism "with" the Holy Ghost and Baptism "by" the Spirit.

The 12 were baptized "with" the Holy Spirit.

For John truly baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost not many days hence. -Acts 1:5

But we on the other hand

For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit. -1 Corinthians 12:13

No but it sure convicted Adam and Eve of sin!!!! They hid from God! They KNEW they had done very wrong!

They knew they were naked whereas before they didn't care. They hid from God and I do think they were ashamed of who they were whereas before they were not ashamed. I think we're into a deeper subject here than they simply knew they had done wrong. They were altered in their conscience and were more self-conscious as in they now had a pride they never had before.

For Adullam on his post 117:

The Bible tells you how to be born again but where does it tell you how to be baptized with the Holy Spirit??????

Back