Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

The Protestant Pope and The Passion

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Amen to that!

Someone should explain about STATE APPROVED CHURCHES.
I've never heard of this and it sounds really scary.
I believe one such denomination is the one I've been battling (I will no longer name them). They seem to be untouchable and have the apparent blessings of law enforcement, government at every level and corporate/media empowerment to do and teach the latest socially acceptable propaganda whenever/however they please.

The same could be said about any religious teachers. The difference is you can discuss scripture with the regular christian who studies there bible as with religious teachers its a bit harder to find time to spend with them to discuss. As i said if i would like to question something i cant just raise my hand in a church or ring the pope.

How many people get the opportunity to question maybe even correct there teachers?. Everyone has the same bible. The thing with many teachers is they think they cannot be corrected because they are the teacher. Some probably even get offended they dont like there authority being questioned.
When I attended college and tech school, one major difference between them and high school was in college we weren't told what to believe. We were given the task to study and learn for ourselves from our studies. One professor put it this way, "In college you're not taught a trade or what is truth. You're taught how to learn."

This is one area where college, at least some colleges, seems to be changing that approach and now their aim is to mold minds.

[ACMP=announcement]Folks, this is a Christian site and most of us claim the title of Christian. Let's remember what that means and how we are to speak to one another. There's no need for disrespectful comments concerning various denominations. [/ACMP]

Typical ignorant Catholic LIES. The Holy Spirit is the one who (according to Jesus) will lead us into all truth, and the one who guides our steps.

Since the Catholics appear to KNOW NOTHING of the Holy Spirit, then they "THINK" they need some sort of "Committee" to determine "Truth" - and wind up with a dike's mix or pagan lies, worthless traditions, and generall avoidance of Biblical truths.
Oh for goodness sake Bob,
How do you know what you know of the Catholic Church?

1. If the Holy Spirit guides us, how come we can't seem to agree on some doctrine?

2. Catholic Tradition goes all the way back to the persons that were taught by the Apostles. I think they knew what they were taught and that it is legitimate.

3. And the CC knows nothing of the Holy Spirit?
Do you suppose the Holy Spirit is Protestant?

Doctrine is based on biblical truths.
There are 2 or 3 that came about for differing reasons....but that is the exception.

John 13:35
34by this shall all know that you are my disciples, that you love one another.

Those who are members of the Body of Christ are brothers.
Even those we do not agree with on all doctrine.

Oh for goodness sake Bob,
How do you know what you know of the Catholic Church?

1. If the Holy Spirit guides us, how come we can't seem to agree on some doctrine?

2. Catholic Tradition goes all the way back to the persons that were taught by the Apostles. I think they knew what they were taught and that it is legitimate.

3. And the CC knows nothing of the Holy Spirit?
Do you suppose the Holy Spirit is Protestant?

There are 2 or 3 that came about for differing reasons....but that is the exception.

John 13:35
34by this shall all know that you are my disciples, that you love one another.

Even those we do not agree with on all doctrine.
I like the way you express yourself.
"for goodness sake"...
Isn't that another way of saying "for God's sake?"
After all, God is all goodness.

If the Holy Spirit guides us, how come we can't seem to agree on some doctrine?
That's a VERY BIG "IF". The Holy Spirit doesn't guide us AWAY from the written Word.
Catholic Tradition goes all the way back to the persons that were taught by the Apostles. I think they knew what they were taught and that it is legitimate.
Actually, Catholic "TRADITION" doesn't do any such thing it's grown, been added to, modified, paganized, and corrupted continually over the last 1500 years. Paul WARNED that false prophets, and Teachers would corrupt the church, and they have. Luther (and others) began the restoration of what had been lost - STARTING WITH the fact that Salvation IS BY FAITH not "works" Eph 2:8,9.
Correction: Doctrine SHOULD BE BASED on Biblical truths. Catholic Doctrine is based on "TRADITION" and political expediency - Biblical or otherwise.
The KEY Being: "Members of the Body of Christ" which consists ONLY of Born Again Christians, regardless of "Denominational label".

Some Baptists (Catholics, Assembly of God, Methodist, Presbyterian, etc.) are Born Again Christians - Members of the "Body of Christ".

And some are nothing more than religious "Baptists" (Catholics, Assembly of God, Methodist, Presbyterian, etc) without a CLUE about the "Body of Christ".

That's a VERY BIG "IF". The Holy Spirit doesn't guide us AWAY from the written Word.

Actually, Catholic "TRADITION" doesn't do any such thing it's grown, been added to, modified, paganized, and corrupted continually over the last 1500 years. Paul WARNED the false prophets and Teachers would corrupt the church, and they have.

Correction: Doctrine SHOULD BE BASED on Biblical truths. Catholic Doctrine is based on "TRADITION" Biblical or otherwise.

The KEY Being: "Members of the Body of Christ" which consists ONLY of Born Again Christians, regardless of "Denominational label".

Some Baptists (Catholics, Assembly of God, Methodist, Presbyterian, etc.) are Born Again Christians - Members of the "Body of Christ".

And some are nothing more than religious "Baptists" (Catholics, Assembly of God, Methodist, Presbyterian, etc) without a CLUE about the "Body of Christ".
How do you know so much?

Wow.

No wonder catholics feel so unwelcome among their brethren!

Where is the love?

And why don't Protestants know church history?

Reactions: WIP
Back