Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

The Rapture Deception

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
So....
I got a question about this whole rapture thingy...

Exactly how long is this thing going to take?
Obviously it is going to take longer than a day...because the whole earth has two separate days on its surface at any given moment in time.

So....

Who gets to go first?
Who goes last?
Where is it going to start?
Don't ya think that a camera phone would be there to catch the video and pictures while it is going on?
Will I look good on camera getting raptured?...even if I am having a bad hair day?

So....
I got a question about this whole rapture thingy...

Exactly how long is this thing going to take?
Obviously it is going to take longer than a day...because the whole earth has two separate days on its surface at any given moment in time.

So....

Who gets to go first?
Who goes last?
Where is it going to start?
Don't ya think that a camera phone would be there to catch the video and pictures while it is going on?
Will I look good on camera getting raptured?...even if I am having a bad hair day?
The timing will follow the time that Santa follows.
He seems to be able to get all over the globe in one night.

It happens in the twinkling of an eye.
?

Women and children go first.
Men go last....it's only right.
It'll start in New York City --- the center of the world.
Or maybe everywhere at once...isn't God omnipresent?
Don't worry about a bad hair day....
You'll be getting your glorified body...
Good hair day every day...
No extra charge.

So you're saying the rapture....the living
and the resurrection....the dead
takes place at the same time....
OK,,,,I agree.

1 Thessalonians 4:15-17
15For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord, will not precede those who have fallen asleep.
16For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first.
17Then we who are alive and remain will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so we shall always be with the Lord.
Yes , that has always been my understanding that the two things will happen simultaneously

Yes , that has always been my understanding that the two things will happen simultaneously
I agree.
I never believed in the "rapture" theory.
I do believe it's a modern day idea that never existed before in Christianity.
It makes for good movies though.

I agree.
Yes , It really does not really matter what name ascribe to it .
The "Triumphant Transformation" , "Crowning Day" , could suit me as much as "Rapture" .
Knowing that His faithful people on earth that day will be liberated from their corrupt bodies & sin nature in the twinkling of an eye without ever making that trip to the funeral home is the reliable implicitness .
The physical transformation affords no special status ,it is really just a supernatural logistical matter more than anything else .
The vital life giving transformation having already taken place prior to that day .
After all once in Christ we are compelled to give our bodies, not our corpses, as a " living sacrifice ".

Where is this alternate universe you speak off where Christians are not being beheaded, tortured , raped , imprisoned TODAY more than any other faith on the face of the earth ?
I would like to see that place .

What did Jesus say in Matthew 24:15-21 and Rev 12:14 about us fleeing into the wilderness where He will take care of us when we see the son of perdition taking his seat in Jerusalem as this is the abomination Daniel prophecied of.

Many Christians ignore this warning and will be captured and beheaded for not renouncing Christ as they are taught a false doctrine that we are out of here before the seven trumpets of God's great wrath begins. These pretrib teaches try to use Rev 4:1 as one of their supporting scriptures, but this is not what this verse says.

Like I said,,,I don't know too much about the end times.

I'm just wondering how the rapture and the resurrection could happen at the same time.
I would go ahead and call this the resurrection.

I don't believe any rapture is going to happen BEFORE Jesus comes back.

1 Thessalonian 4:13 But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope. 14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him. 15 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep. 16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: 17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. 18 Wherefore comfort one another with these words.

I agree.

It started with Margaret MacDonald in Port Glasgow, Scotland in the 1800’s who had a vision of a pretrib rapture, but she felt that the vision felt dark and evil as an untruth. When telling others of her vision many preachers ran with it as being true and started teaching their theories on pretrib rapture. There theories were handed down to us through such men as J.N. Darby, Edward Irving, C.I. Lewis and many others to present day, but yet no scriptural support. Notice the word theory. Theory is just the carnal minds way of interpreting something.

The timing will follow the time that Santa follows.
He seems to be able to get all over the globe in one night.

It happens in the twinkling of an eye.
?

Women and children go first.
Men go last....it's only right.
It'll start in New York City --- the center of the world.
Or maybe everywhere at once...isn't God omnipresent?
Don't worry about a bad hair day....
You'll be getting your glorified body...
Good hair day every day...
No extra charge.
Sometimes I look around this house trying to find my wife and, when I have a hard time finding her, I mutter under my breath "What happened? You get raptured again?"

I've seen several beheading videos to prepare myself for a possible Saudi work assignment with Aramco back around 1990. I was told that if I was out and about, there was a chance I could get caught up in a round up of the public to witness the punishment of criminals. This could be to witness punishments like floggings, stonings, amputation of tongues/hands and even.......beheadings.

I've seen several beheading videos to prepare myself for a possible Saudi work assignment with Aramco back around 1990. I was told that if I was out and about, there was a chance I could get caught up in a round up of the public to witness the punishment of criminals. This could be to witness punishments like floggings, stonings, amputation of tongues/hands and even.......beheadings.
I know about this.
Seems impossible in this century we find ourselves in.
And to think that they'd like the whole world to be like that.

Yes , It really does not really matter what name ascribe to it .
The "Triumphant Transformation" , "Crowning Day" , could suit me as much as "Rapture" .
Knowing that His faithful people on earth that day will be liberated from their corrupt bodies & sin nature in the twinkling of an eye without ever making that trip to the funeral home is the reliable implicitness .
The physical transformation affords no special status ,it is really just a supernatural logistical matter more than anything else .
The vital life giving transformation having already taken place prior to that day .
After all once in Christ we are compelled to give our bodies, not our corpses, as a " living sacrifice ".
I don't like the term "rapture" because some take it to mean that Christians will be removed from the Earth and then this tribulation will begin and then after some time Jesus is supposed to come back (a second time) and that will be the end.

I know that Jesus comes back ONE TIME,,,not two.

Also, when He spoke of one being taken and one being left, it could have meant something different. Some historians believe that the FORTUNATE one was left and the unfortunate one was taken...for example by Roman soldiers...I believe this was referring to the fall of Jerusalem in 70AD. (or any time really).

A rapture as some like to call it, but the Bible calls it being caught up to meet Jesus in the air, will take place, but not the way others are teaching it to be before a Great Tribulation. No one will know the day or the hour of Christ return, Matthew 24:36, but scripture does give us signs to watch for, especially Matthew 24:29-31. There is no mention in scripture of a great seven year tribulation as we will always have tribulations until Jesus comes for us. IMO, there is no literal 1000-year reign with Christ either, because we reign with Christ the first time we ask him into our heart as we become joint heirs with him. We will face much tribulation before Jesus returns as Gods word says this world will wax worse and those who endure until the end are those who will be saved, which means the end of all things this world will go through including God's great wrath to come before the new heaven and new Jerusalem can be ushered down from heaven. Matthew 24:36, 37; Deuteronomy 4:29-31; Matthew 24:21; Acts 14:22; Romans 5:17; Matthew 24:13.

God's great wrath during the sounding of the seven trumpets in Revelations is poured out into the world in hopes all would turn back to Him as He would that none should perish, 2 Peter 3:9. This is the ending of God's long suffering and patience like that of Sodom and Gomorrah, Genesis 18, 19. We are kept by God during these times of temptation during His great wrath that we not turn away from Him, but stand strong in faith that is Christ Jesus and our promised inheritance of the kingdom of God, 1 Peter 1:5-23. We are not to fear that which must come first nor what man can do to us, Matthew 10:28, and also forewarned to flee when we see the abomination that causes desolation that Daniel in Daniel Chpater 7spoke of, Matthew 24:15-21, Rev 13. God does not want us to fear those things which must come, but be prepared for those things which have to come first before Christ returns. If we are truly indwelled and sealed by the Spirit of God through repentance and faith that is Christ Jesus then we need not fear what man can do to the flesh as we have the Holy Spirit dwelling in us. We have died to self and we no longer live, but Christ lives in us. We will be the witness of Christ to the world when the last of the abominations take place and our only concern needs to be of us being the witness to the nations that God has called us to be.

It is so imperative to understand the full context of scripture so we will not be taken as a thief in the night when Jesus returns on the last day with His army of angels, Rev 19:11-21. (Note: No saints return with Him as no one has ever died and ascended up to heaven other than Christ who descended down from heaven to seek and save the lost, John 3:13-21. At that time every eye will see Him come in the clouds the same way He ascended up to heaven, even those who pierced Him, Acts 1:11; Rev 1:7. Notice where it says even those who pierced Him as they are even now in their grave. On the last day after the seventh trumpet has sounded and the beast and false prophet are destroyed and cast into the lake of fire Satan is then bound for a time as the one and only resurrection of all who are in their grave will hear His voice calling them to come forth out of them. They that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation, John 5:28, 29; 6:40.

At the great white throne judgement Jesus will be seated on His throne of glory as God commits all judgment unto the Son, John 5:22. The books will be opened, including the Lamb's book of life, and all will be judged as Jesus will then gather all nations (people) before Him and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats and he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left. The sheep will hear Jesus say: "Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world". The goats will hear Jesus say: "Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels", Matthew 25:31-46.

Pretrib teachers twist and add to Rev 4:1, 2 to show we are caught up to Jesus before the great tribulation (God's great wrath). This is a deceptive teaching as it is only John being caught up in the Spirit while being a prisoner on the isle of Patmos as he sees a vision of a door opening before him. The first voice he heard speaking to him was that of great power and authority similar to the powerful sound a trumpet makes. The voice tells John to draw in closer to Gods Spirit to see the visions of those things that are yet future. After hearing this voice John was immediately immersed (slain) in the Holy Spirit and the visions were revealed to him. Being slain in the Spirit is like those disciples in John 18:6 who fell backwards when they realized the Spirit of Christ as being the I Am. It's also like that of Paul's conversion on the road to Damascus in Acts 9:3-8. Many, including myself, that have ever experienced this knows what I am talking about.

There is no mention in scripture about a so called secret quiet rapture or a second chance after the saints of God are caught up to meet Jesus in the air. Jesus will descend with a shout and with the trump of God. This does not sound like it’s going to be a quiet so called rapture does it. And every eye will see him and every knee will bow saints and those who choose to reject Jesus. The Holy Spirit dwells in us the believers and isn’t something that just floats around in the air so for this reason when we are taken up so is the Holy Spirit giving no one a second chance because we are sealed by Gods Spirit for Salvation, Ephesians 1:13-14 and after the Spirit is taken up no one has a second chance.

1Thessalonians 4:16 for the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

Revelation 1:7 Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen.

John 14:17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

2Corinthians 1:21 Now he which establisheth us with you in Christ, and hath anointed us, is God; 22 Who hath also sealed us, and given the earnest of the Spirit in our hearts.

Ephesians 1:13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise, 14 Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.

Ephesians 4:30 And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.

John 5:28 Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice, 29 And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

John 6:40 And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.
I find the second chance idea rather funny.
What idiot would still say NO after seeing this supposed "rapture"???

I don't like the term "rapture" because some take it to mean that Christians will be removed from the Earth and then this tribulation will begin...
You seem to believe there will be a " tribulation " , just no rapture then ?
What event do you understand will cause this tribulation to " begin " ?
How will you know it has begun ?
What will kick off this " tribulation " period as you understand it ?

What did Jesus say in Matthew 24:15-21 and Rev 12:14 about us fleeing into the wilderness where He will take care of us when we see the son of perdition taking his seat in Jerusalem as this is the abomination Daniel prophecied of.
" Jerusalem " ?
You live in Israel ?
How is it you would ever be fleeing from Jerusalem when you don't live there ?

You seem to believe there will be a " tribulation " , just no rapture then ?
What event do you understand will cause this tribulation to " begin " ?
How will you know it has begun ?
What will kick off this " tribulation " period as you understand it ?
I don't believe in any tribulation.

This is what I said:

I don't like the term "rapture" because some take it to mean that Christians will be removed from the Earth and then this tribulation will begin...

I don't participate in the SOME.....

I believe the end will come.
Jesus will return.
We will all be taken up.
This will be the resurrection.

Simple.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back