Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

The Sabbath day and its origin.

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Sabbath = permission?

Our Father created this world. We did not see how he built this world, because we have just been born, on the 6th day of creation. We did not see our Father creating at all.

We are born in an already completed world, and our Father is concerned about us having a helper, hence our mother Eve. What happens after? Nothing. Our Father is not doing anything. Yet this is not His Sabbath. This is OUR Sabbath, as I think. Sabbath is about Love, turning our hearts to Father, because He turned His heart to us. We meant to stay with our Father, in Sabbath. And we failed.

We leave Eden, into a cursed land, and some time later Israel gets a permission, one day a week free from that curse. It is a gift, as I think. As if Israel was in Eden, for a day. Yes, the mosaic law technicalities prohibit work on that day, but that is not what Sabbath is about. Sabbath is about unshared heart. Our Father invites us back, as I think.

you are taking the shabat from a day to everyday. that's not what that was for. it was for a reminder of god being a provider and to also give the Hebrew rest as the Egyptians didn't let them rest. '
1) to reduce greed
2) to worship YHWH
3) to give thanks, and also to be with family

Yes, you can share your thoughts but how are the two connected? How is shabbat a violation of these passages?

The prophesy of the genesis passages turn Adam's life into hard work. Yet Sabbath is time free from work. It would be a rebellion, if it did not come as a permission.

Jews spend time in the Babylon for the number of Sabbath they failed i.e. jews failed observing Sabbath for 490 years.

Adam failed Sabbath. Jews failed Sabbath too. I think Jesus came because of Sabbath.

you are taking the shabat from a day to everyday. that's not what that was for. it was for a reminder of god being a provider and to also give the Hebrew rest as the Egyptians didn't let them rest. '
1) to reduce greed
2) to worship YHWH
3) to give thanks, and also to be with family

Not from a day to every day.

From a day to eternity. Sabbath sets free from the routines of this world, the way Jesus sets free. I think. Jesus is Sabbath, and the lord of Sabbath.

Yes, you can share your thoughts but how are the two connected? How is shabbat a violation of these passages?
I'm wondering about the spelling of "shabbat" ... I cannot find it anywhere in Hebrew strong's.
Where are you all getting that terminology.
What I'm finding is shâbath---

ok, that was rather cabalistic but NO. in communion with but he gives a rest. that rest is salvation.

Sabbath is not just rest. I understand you are talking about a spiritual rest when soul has grown over the body needs, in Jesus.

However Sabbath is also in your heart that connects you to your Father, through love.

Sabbath is not just rest. I understand you are talking about a spiritual rest when soul has grown over the body needs, in Jesus.

However Sabbath is also in you heart that connects you to your Father, through love.
the word shabat isn't rest. I was posted by brother paul.

shabat has the connotation of rest but well if I say im resting as in taking a nap. I wouldn't use shabat.

the word shabat isn't rest. I was posted by brother paul.

shabat has the connotation of rest but well if I say im resting as in taking a nap. I wouldn't use shabat.

Well, you also mentioned that Sabbath is a family and worship thing. I am just brining this to Father and Jesus family.

No, nap cannot be Sabbath. Nap is death. There will be no nap in the kingdom of Heaven, as I think.

thet word for nap is close to shabat.

yes but that shabat can be any day and not a command the thread is about the law and the command to do the shabat and not work.

then it was Friday to Saturday. now after the cross its any day we choose.

thet word for nap is close to shabat.

yes but that shabat can be any day and not a command the thread is about the law and the command to do the shabat and not work.

then it was Friday to Saturday. now after the cross its any day we choose.

You cannot choose a day. Because you will fail.

By choosing a day you mimic mosaic law. The law cannot make anyone perfect.

You cannot do Sabbath one day, and not do another day. Once your are in Sabbath, you stay in Sabbath, and you cannot stay in Sabbath without the spirit of Jesus. As I think.

You cannot choose a day. Because you will fail.

By choosing a day you mimic mosaic law. The law cannot make anyone perfect.

You cannot do Sabbath one day, and not do another day. Once your are in Sabbath, you stay in Sabbath, and you cannot stay in Sabbath without the spirit of Jesus. As I think.
I can choose a day of worship. you are failing to define what shabat actually is. the Hebrew wouldn't never say the shabat. that word you are using is called SHALOM.

Jesus defines, as I think.
no, he doesn't. the rest in Christ is spiritual sabaath but that rest is defined in Hebrews. entering to the promised land. while it does have the shabat as a shadow. your description of a right relationship is a mix of the shabat, shalom and holiness. shalom entails holiness.i have made that definition.

no, he doesn't. the rest in Christ is spiritual sabaath but that rest is defined in Hebrews. entering to the promised land. while it does have the shabat as a shadow. your description of a right relationship is a mix of the shabat, shalom and holiness. shalom entails holiness.i have made that definition.

In the end of the day it is what you feel in your heart, Jason. I would not try to define it.

Nobody needs that definition either, as I think. It is useless.

There is no map, the path begins through repent.

We are free to decide what to do. We can choose a day of worship. We can come up with a symbol of faith. We can do a million of things and yet the path begins through repent. Right?

In the end of the day it is what you feel in your heart, Jason. I would not try to define it.

Nobody needs that definition either, as I think. It is useless.

There is no map, the path begins through repent.

We are free to decide what to do. We can choose a day of worship. We can come up with a symbol of faith. We can do a million of things and yet the path begins through repent. Right?

Deuteronomy 12:8 - You shall not do after all the things that we do here this day, every man whatsoever is right in his own eyes.
Judges 17:6 In those days there was no king in Israel, but every man did that which was right in his own eyes.
We do not decide what to do as far as obedience to Yahweh's commands are concerned. Our Father commands and we obey as loving children. We don't say to our Father, "Dad, the 7th day is out. It is old fashioned. The new 8th day is in. I'll rest then instead."

Yes, the path begins through repentance. What is repentance, but the turning away from sin (breaking Yahweh's law - 1 John 3:4) and doing the exact opposite (obeying the law that we were breaking). Under the New Covenant, the Holy Spirit will cause us to keep Yahweh's commandments, statutes and judgments if we allow him to.

Eze 36:26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.
Eze 36:27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and you shall keep my judgments, and do them.​

Reactions: TOG
Back