Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

The sad truth about the Afghan Army

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Why should I tell you what my news source is?

Why should you tell me what you don't watch? Which you did.

Why are you afraid to admit your source of news? Will that disclose something about you?

If you're ashamed of, or scared to admit your news source, then maybe you should find another.

Quantrill

Good verses. They don't speak to a thing that I addressed, other than prove what I have addressed.

I liken your reply to a Christian man whose house has been broken into and the intruders are raping his wife. While she is being raped he kneels beside her and tells her to be strong in faith. Our struggle is not against flesh and blood. And then tells her to pray for those raping her. Because we do not wage war as the world does. What a blessing she is getting from you.

It is this thinking that absolutely nauseates me. People using their christianity as an excuse for their own cowardice and as an excuse for the cowardice of the nation.

We've produced a nation of 'guys'. Real men can hardly be found anymore. Even in the Christian community.

Quantrill
Prove one single Christian has had that happen to him.

Good verses. They don't speak to a thing that I addressed, other than prove what I have addressed.

I liken your reply to a Christian man whose house has been broken into and the intruders are raping his wife. While she is being raped he kneels beside her and tells her to be strong in faith. Our struggle is not against flesh and blood. And then tells her to pray for those raping her. Because we do not wage war as the world does. What a blessing she is getting from you.

It is this thinking that absolutely nauseates me. People using their christianity as an excuse for their own cowardice and as an excuse for the cowardice of the nation.

We've produced a nation of 'guys'. Real men can hardly be found anymore. Even in the Christian community.

Quantrill
You are not speaking as a Christian.
You are speaking as a citizen of an earthly country that has nothing to do with Christianity.
You are worldly, not other worldly as the Bible tells us to be.
,You don't understand the powers I fight against or else you wouldn't talk the way you do.
You think the spirit world is a joke?
Then you are primed for an attack and you won't know what to do about it.
Are you calling Jesus a coward or just those that follow his word?

Prove one single Christian has had that happen to him.

I don't need to prove it. It was an illustration that I likend to what you are saying to make a point. Which you ignored. If it were to occur to you, is that how you would act?

You are not speaking as a Christian.
You are speaking as a citizen of an earthly country that has nothing to do with Christianity.
You are worldly, not other worldly as the Bible tells us to be.
,You don't understand the powers I fight against or else you wouldn't talk the way you do.
You think the spirit world is a joke?
Then you are primed for an attack and you won't know what to do about it.
Are you calling Jesus a coward or just those that follow his word?

I am speaking as a Christian in this country, America.

Do you vote? Republican or Democrat? Did you vote for Biden? Pay taxes? Do you have a drivers license? Marriage license? Do you have any license from the State or Federal Govt.? Are you on Medicare? Do you have any other forms of insurance on your health, house, car, etc? Have you ever served in the military?

Are you not acting as, or speaking as a Christian, when you do or address these things? Just whose side of the spirit world are you on if you have or do these things?

I am calling that form of thinking, which you project, that wants to just quote the Bible and ignore the tragedy and responsibility we have in what America is doing in Afghanistan, cowardice and treason. You want to salve your conscience by just saying 'God is all powerful'.

America is responsible. We cannot be trusted. We seek allies and then abandon them. We give the enemy their names so they and their families will later be killed, if they are not being killed already.

If and when those we abandon are Christians, do you think the Taliban will let them live? When the Taliban slaughters a Christian family over there, whose name we gave to them, is that an earthly or a spiritual thing? When they slaughter those we abandon just because they befriended us, is that an earthly or a spiritual thing?

Quantrill

I don't need to prove it. It was an illustration that I likend to what you are saying to make a point. Which you ignored. If it were to occur to you, is that how you would act?

I am speaking as a Christian in this country, America.

Do you vote? Republican or Democrat? Did you vote for Biden? Pay taxes? Do you have a drivers license? Marriage license? Do you have any license from the State or Federal Govt.? Are you on Medicare? Do you have any other forms of insurance on your health, house, car, etc? Have you ever served in the military?

Are you not acting as, or speaking as a Christian, when you do or address these things? Just whose side of the spirit world are you on if you have or do these things?

I am calling that form of thinking, which you project, that wants to just quote the Bible and ignore the tragedy and responsibility we have in what America is doing in Afghanistan, cowardice and treason. You want to salve your conscience by just saying 'God is all powerful'.

America is responsible. We cannot be trusted. We seek allies and then abandon them. We give the enemy their names so they and their families will later be killed, if they are not being killed already.

If and when those we abandon are Christians, do you think the Taliban will let them live? When the Taliban slaughters a Christian family over there, whose name we gave to them, is that an earthly or a spiritual thing? When they slaughter those we abandon just because they befriended us, is that an earthly or a spiritual thing?

Quantrill
You are not speaking as a Christian that represents Jesus Christ.
The Apostle Paul used his rights as a roman citizen yet he never supported the activities of that government.
Christians were killed by lions in the arena and they were considered martyrs, not cowards.
And no group of Christians ever rose up against our worldly enemies to do battle the worldly way.
We are not a country on earth as Israel is.
If you put the USA before your service to Christ, then that's your business, but I'll always speak against it.
By the way, I was born in the good ol' US of A, I paid taxes all my life, and I'm a 100% disabled Viet Nam vet.
So shut up with all your accusations.

You are not speaking as a Christian that represents Jesus Christ.
The Apostle Paul used his rights as a roman citizen yet he never supported the activities of that government.
Christians were killed by lions in the arena and they were considered martyrs, not cowards.
And no group of Christians ever rose up against our worldly enemies to do battle the worldly way.
We are not a country on earth as Israel is.
If you put the USA before your service to Christ, then that's your business, but I'll always speak against it.
By the way, I was born in the good ol' US of A, I paid taxes all my life, and I'm a 100% disabled Viet Nam vet.
So shut up with all your accusations.

The only accusation I made was against your form of thinking about what the U.S. is doing in Afghanistan and their accountability and guilt and your willingness to ignore because God is all powerful. The rest were questions. Most of which you ignored.

Concerning Paul's loyalty, it was to Israel. Which he had undying loyalty to.

How in the world am I putting the U.S. before Christ? What did I say that makes you say that? Explain.

Quantrill

The only accusation I made was against your form of thinking about what the U.S. is doing in Afghanistan and their accountability and guilt and your willingness to ignore because God is all powerful. The rest were questions. Most of which you ignored.

Concerning Paul's loyalty, it was to Israel. Which he had undying loyalty to.

How in the world am I putting the U.S. before Christ? What did I say that makes you say that? Explain.

Quantrill
Go to Sunday school and learn.
I am not your tutor

Why should you tell me what you don't watch? Which you did.

Why are you afraid to admit your source of news? Will that disclose something about you?

If you're ashamed of, or scared to admit your news source, then maybe you should find another.

Quantrill
Believe it or not... I don't answer to you.

I know that you're not my tutor. I just asked for an explanation to what you accused me of.

Going to Sunday school is not going to provide an explanation to what you said.

Quantrill
Yes it will.
It's your lack of understanding that makes you think you won't.

Look: 20 years and four Presidents have gone by, and yet somehow the Taliban is still there and strong as ever. High school seniors today were not even alive when the U.S. first went into Afghanistan. That is not propaganda--that's the facts. No one questions that. Clearly, the U.S. mission there is a failure--not because of Biden pulling out. Not because of the "manner" in which they pulled out. But because the U.S.' mission there all along was to root out the Taliban, and yet 20 years go by and they still can't seem to get that done.

Just watched the 'world news'. The American General is assuring that all military personal will be evacuated. Like we are all supposed to 'feel good' about it.

So what? That was never the question. The question involved the American citizens that are being abandoned by America that can't get to the airport that are left behind to the Taliban.

The question was, the Afghans that befriended America that are left behind to the Taliban.

The way the news loves to spin this tragedy is appalling. Worse yet, that Americans are willing to believe it is more appalling.

To you who believe America has done it's duty here, I only hope that one day you get to feel the fear, the horror, the hopelessness that these people feel, for what they know is coming.

America wants to hang it's flag half mast to honor the 13 dead military victims. It should hang that flag upside down to show how it has abandoned America and it's friends.

My opinion.

Quantrill

Just watched the 'world news'. The American General is assuring that all military personal will be evacuated. Like we are all supposed to 'feel good' about it.

So what? That was never the question. The question involved the American citizens that are being abandoned by America that can't get to the airport that are left behind to the Taliban.

The question was, the Afghans that befriended America that are left behind to the Taliban.

The way the news loves to spin this tragedy is appalling. Worse yet, that Americans are willing to believe it is more appalling.

To you who believe America has done it's duty here, I only hope that one day you get to feel the fear, the horror, the hopelessness that these people feel, for what they know is coming.

America wants to hang it's flag half mast to honor the 13 dead military victims. It should hang that flag upside down to show how it has abandoned America and it's friends.

My opinion.

Quantrill
What americans are being left behind?
Why are they still there instead of leaving ahead of time?

What americans are being left behind?
Why are they still there instead of leaving ahead of time?

I don't know their names. They are the ones left behind.

They are still there because America abandoned them. As she has those Afghans who befriended America.

As I said, the American flag should not only be half mast. It should be upside down.

Quantrill

I don't know their names. They are the ones left behind.

They are still there because America abandoned them. As she has those Afghans who befriended America.

As I said, the American flag should not only be half mast. It should be upside down.

Quantrill
Stupid people remain behind trusting others with their life.

"Stupid people"?

They trusted America.

They trusted the President.

Indeed, they were foolish. America cannot be trusted. Which is what I have said.

Quantrill
Why stay behind in danger?
Money!
What else.
Maybe stupid is not a good word.
Maybe a better word is "fools".

It's very sad.

The root problem being this American idealism that all people are the same and all people need to have their governments just like ours. And if we can just show them and teach them the joys of our liberty and licentiousness, they will embrace it.

And while America spends years in that process, many ally themselves to America. But overall nothing has changed with the vast majority of the people. And when America decides it's time to go, she abandons those who allied themselves to her.

You can see it in Viet Nam and in our own War between the states. America used the blacks, former slaves, in trying to take everything from the Southern white people. But their efforts failed. And the Feds went home leaving bitter hatred among the whites against the blacks they used against us. Resulting in much death and retribution.

It is a sad picture. When you see babies tossed up like a sack of potatoes by a parent just to get it over the wall, you can't imagine the horror and fear going on inside those people at that time. Utter hopelessness.

And the whole world is watching. Makes you wonder what they are thinking.

Quantrill
A person doesn't have to wonder what the rest of the world is thinking. They know that America has officially died as a superpower, and now it's just a matter of making themselves more powerful to be the one who's going to fill the void. China, Russia, and Germany are basically at the forefront of that race, and history says these 3 countries have zero qualms in using their military to enforce their will on other nations, and they aren't nearly as scrupulous as America is when it comes to how their soldiers should conduct themselves in foreign places.

President Reagan once stated in a commencement speech at Notre Dame that he believed America was ordained by God to be the world's police(he didn't know just how right he was about that), and now even the "Christian" conservatives in America are slapping God in the face by saying we shouldn't have to waste any time, effort, or resources trying to police everybody else. America has fallen so far in just 20 years. It's gotten so bad that even the religious conservatives in America fail to recognize the message our cowardice sends to the rest of the world.

A person doesn't have to wonder what the rest of the world is thinking. They know that America has officially died as a superpower, and now it's just a matter of making themselves more powerful to be the one who's going to fill the void. China, Russia, and Germany are basically at the forefront of that race, and history says these 3 countries have zero qualms in using their military to enforce their will on other nations, and they aren't nearly as scrupulous as America is when it comes to how their soldiers should conduct themselves in foreign places.

President Reagan once stated in a commencement speech at Notre Dame that he believed America was ordained by God to be the world's police(he didn't know just how right he was about that), and now even the "Christian" conservatives in America are slapping God in the face by saying we shouldn't have to waste any time, effort, or resources trying to police everybody else. America has fallen so far in just 20 years. It's gotten so bad that even the religious conservatives in America fail to recognize the message our cowardice sends to the rest of the world.
The United States has not "officially died as a superpower". We still are the #1 military power in the entire world. BTW, why do you include Germany as one of the world's superpowers? It's also wrong to state that they, a NATO country, have zero qualms in using their military to enforce their will on other nations. Hitler was defeated 76 years ago, and democratic Germany is very peaceful.

Also, Ronald Reagan saying America was ordained by God to be the world's police is irrelevant. He was President more than 40 years ago. A lot has changed since then.

Who are the Christian conservatives that are slapping God in the face?
Nobody slaps God in the face, period.
That is a very poor analogy.
You sound very much like an American first, a Christian second.
Is that true?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back