Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

The Saving results of the Death of Christ !

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00

brightfame52

Calvinism Overseer
Calvinism Overseer
The religion of man doesn't believe that the death of Christ alone results in the Eternal Salvation of all for whom Christ died, namely His Sheep Jn 10:11,15 or His Church Eph 5:25, or His People Matt 1:21.

His death for His people produces saving results Jn 12:32-33 23,24

32 And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me. 33 This he said, signifying what death he should die.

23 And Jesus answered them, saying, The hour is come, that the Son of man should be glorified. 24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abideth alone: but if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit.

The Death of Christ alone saved them he died for, namely the Elect, the Sheep, since by His One Offering they were sanctified unto God once and for all Heb 10:10

10 By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.5

brightfame52

How does one become the elect?

Did not Christ die for all even before they/we confessed Him as Lord and Savior or do you believe He only died for a certain few?

The word sanctified here in Heb 10:10 is the word hagiazō and means:

to purify by expiation: free from the guilt of sin

The Death of Christ has freed them He died for from the guilt of sin. It also agrees with Heb 1:3

Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;
The word purged is the word katharismos:

a cleansing from the guilt of sins wrought by the expiatory sacrifice of Christ

So cleansing from and freedom from the guilt of sin is automatically a saving result of the death of Christ !

The religion of man doesn't believe that the death of Christ alone results in the Eternal Salvation of all
the biggest problem is the word religion 2nd i dont know about where you live, but in my area if you asked a 100 people does the death of Christ on the cross result in eternal salvation. i would estimate 80 would say yes ! why in most cases on Easter the Church's attendance comes up. many of them are not regular Church goers .or even for that matter saved. while we were yet sinners

Romans 5:8​

“But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.” you make salvation out only for a special select group of people. much like the recess days playing a sports game. you line up to play. but only those who can play good are picked. the plan of salvation is for any and all

the biggest problem is the word religion 2nd i dont know about where you live, but in my area if you asked a 100 people does the death of Christ on the cross result in eternal salvation. i would estimate 80 would say yes ! why in most cases on Easter the Church's attendance comes up. many of them are not regular Church goers .or even for that matter saved. while we were yet sinners

Romans 5:8​

“But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.” you make salvation out only for a special select group of people. much like the recess days playing a sports game. you line up to play. but only those who can play good are picked. the plan of salvation is for any and all
Okay then let us discuss the details of the op where scripture was used

The word sanctified here in Heb 10:10 is the word hagiazō and means:

to purify by expiation: free from the guilt of sin

The Death of Christ has freed them He died for from the guilt of sin. It also agrees with Heb 1:3

Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;
The word purged is the word katharismos:

a cleansing from the guilt of sins wrought by the expiatory sacrifice of Christ

So cleansing from and freedom from the guilt of sin is automatically a saving result of the death of Christ !
You didn't even need to add the word "guilt" to your last sentence.
His death freed us from committing sin.

Okay then let us discuss the details of the op where scripture was used
there is not much to be discussed while WE was yet sinners this was future/ see this is where i split hairs with reformed/Calvinism Christ tasted death for ALL not some but all . when peter wrote not willing any should perish but all come to repentance .the all is redefined

Election is of God. Now what did I point out in the OP then post 2 ?
That's why I asked you those questions from that which you said in the OP. Why can't you just answer them so I can understand you better in what you are presenting.

brightfame52

In your OP you said: The religion of man doesn't believe that the death of Christ alone results in the Eternal Salvation of all for whom Christ died, namely His Sheep Jn 10:11,15 or His Church Eph 5:25, or His People Matt 1:21.

First, what is this religion of man you speak of?

Was not Christ's death God's plan of salvation before the foundation of the world that whosover believes in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life? I see nothing in these verses below that states He only died for those who already believed in Him as God did not predestine the man, but predestined the plan of His salvation for how man could turn back to Him and be saved by His grace through faith that is Christ Jesus.

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
John 3:17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

there is not much to be discussed while WE was yet sinners this was future/ see this is where i split hairs with reformed/Calvinism Christ tasted death for ALL not some but all . when peter wrote not willing any should perish but all come to repentance .the all is redefined
Okay so we wont discuss it.

That's why I asked you those questions from that which you said in the OP. Why can't you just answer them so I can understand you better in what you are presenting.
So you want to evade talking about the points I made, to talk about your questions instead. Please lets go over the points made in the OP

Okay so we wont discuss it.
what do you think could be said? in the words of other Calvinist i am a free wilier al the way. god gave us the plan of salvation / the free gift / the who so ever shall call upon the name OF THE lord SHALL BE SAVED. ALL that come to him he will in no wise cast out / he draws us we can either accept or reject . Calvinist use the term irestibale Grace meaning when God calls you. no way you can reject . i disagree knowing right from wrong sin needing to be saved . i refused many times

no body denies this .its called justification declared righteous not guilty just as if we never sinned . you try to change scripture by redefining words . i am very familiar with this method you on the other hand have failed to show what the The religion of man is. its not about religion but relationship

no body denies this .its called justification declared righteous not guilty just as if we never sinned . you try to change scripture by redefining words . i am very familiar with this method you on the other hand have failed to show what the The religion of man is. its not about religion but relationship
According to the scripture I provided, How was this sanctification accomplished ?

Back