Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

The things which are... and the things which shall be hereafter...

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Re: Matthew 25..

I post the references so the verses can be read in context.

If you're implying tha the Lord Jesus Christ is already King over all the earth... Then Houston we have a problem...

That would mean that the Day of the Lord has already come, that the resurrection is past, and that the Lord has already come with all His saints..
The resurrection according to, how i read, what Jesus said is the last day. John chapters 5-6 The sunrise this morning was beautiful!
Is that what you believe Reba ?
Eventide, i am not good with words so i am going to answer your question with a few scriptures/statements/questions.

Joh 12:31 Now is the judgment of this world: now shall the prince of this world be cast out.
Joh 12:32 And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me.
Joh 12:33 This he said, signifying what death he should die.
What did Jesus preach? Here are a few examples

Mat 4:17 From that time Jesus began to preach, and to say, Repent: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.
Mat 4:23 And Jesus went about all Galilee, teaching in their synagogues, and preaching the gospel of the kingdom, and healing all manner of sickness and all manner of disease among the people.
Luk 9:60 Jesus said unto him, Let the dead bury their dead: but go thou and preach the kingdom of God.

Jesus says this....

Luk 22:16 For I say unto you, I will not any more eat thereof, until it be fulfilled in the kingdom of God.

And later this, which is after His resurrection..
Luk 24:40 And when he had thus spoken, he shewed them his hands and his feet.
Luk 24:41 And while they yet believed not for joy, and wondered, he said unto them, Have ye here any meat?
Luk 24:42 And they gave him a piece of a broiled fish, and of an honeycomb.
Luk 24:43 And he took it, and did eat before them.
Why does the Word record He ate, my thoughts it is recorded because it is important.

Zec 9:9 Rejoice greatly, O daughter of Zion; shout, O daughter of Jerusalem: behold, thy King cometh unto thee: he is just, and having salvation; lowly, and riding upon an ass, and upon a colt the foal of an ass.

Mat 21:5
Tell ye the daughter of Sion, Behold, thy King cometh unto thee, meek, and sitting upon an ass, and a colt the foal of an ass.

Yes He is our King His kingdom is not of 'this world'

Rom 14:17 For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost.

We can read the Word differently and still be in His family. These passages are only part of why i believe what i do... I think i have told you before i grew up literally in dispensational teaching. A brother has dads old 1906 or 1909 Scofield bible. I have one from 1967.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jesus says this....

Luk 22:16 For I say unto you, I will not any more eat thereof, until it be fulfilled in the kingdom of God.

And later this...
Luk 24:40 And when he had thus spoken, he shewed them his hands and his feet.
Luk 24:41 And while they yet believed not for joy, and wondered, he said unto them, Have ye here any meat?
Luk 24:42 And they gave him a piece of a broiled fish, and of an honeycomb.
Luk 24:43 And he took it, and did eat before them.

wow it says inside us! just like the sages and my favorite hebrew commentary said God's temple would be like in the messianic era!
Interesting conversation.

Revelation 3:20 Behold, I stand at lthe door, and knock: if any man hear hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me. KJV

Luke 17: 20-21 .......The kingdom of God cometh not with observation:
21 Neither shall they say, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you. KJV

When we accept Jesus he comes into us as individuals. In my humble opinion he is partaking of our food and we are living off his spirit (insert your own description).

After we are a living stone we join with others to form the Church.

I really believe the kingdom is within us. I sometimes draw flack because I go on to use biology (His Creation) to add a second / another wittness.

eddif

So what's your point.. ?
Sheeesh Eventide.. the point with the above was just for background. When all we have is printed words understanding others can be difficult. We do not have the expressions that are in eyes or the tilt of a head for understanding all that stuff....To have you understand i know and understand what your saying...

Asking you, Why no commit on the other part of the post?

Sheeesh Eventide.. the point with the above was just for background.

What's the point though.. should I give you my background too ? What's that going to prove ?

When all we have is printed words understanding others can be difficult. We do not have the expressions that are in eyes or the tilt of a head for understanding all that stuff....To have you understand i know and understand what your saying...

Let's make it simple..

Has the resurrection of the dead happened yet ?

Has the Lord returned yet ?

Has the Day of the Lord come yet ?

Asking you, Why no commit on the other part of the post?

I've posted literally pages of scripture.. every last one ignored.. or statements saying that they've already been discussed etc.. no comments on that ?

Not working to prove anything... Just talking... I will leave you be again as i did months ago....hope you have a pleasant day.

Ever notice how preterists can't just come out and say what they believe..?

It's obvious to me that there's no real conviction there.. otherwise why would anyone not be willing to simply share what they believe ?

And the seventh angel sounded...

So when will the kingdoms of this world become the kingdoms of our God and of His Christ..?

The scriptures tell us plainly.. when Revelation 11:15 comes to pass.. as it too pertains to the things which shall be... here... after...

Interesting conversation.

I really believe the kingdom is within us. I sometimes draw flack because I go on to use biology (His Creation) to add a second / another wittness.

eddif

I am beginning to understand your post as i keep reading them. :yes

Where else could this be but in us?
Rom 14:17 For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost.
I have not read another definition in Scripture of His Kingdom.

I am beginning to understand your post as i keep reading them. :yes

Where else could this be but in us?
I have not read another definition in Scripture of His Kingdom.

Hi:wave
If you are right, then I have a question for you. (and I do agree that the Born Again of 'living' mankind has the Christ of His kingdom in ones heart, even then it is conditional to keep Him there)

OK: Question. Is this Kingdon of Christ a New Thing? Eccl. 3:15
And if it only became a New thing in 70AD, (or in all of mankind's period) then was there NEVER BEFORE a [Kingdom of God???] His WORD even has other worlds spoken of in the plural, + a 'heavenly temple' located where??? And LONG LONG before man was created!

And satan fell from where??

--Elijah

Back