Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

The Unchangeableness of God and the Will of God

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Judging from your response, it sounds like you did not read the original post which contains the answer to that very question.

Nonetheless, here is some more that makes it Scripturally clear about whether people have a free will or not.

Let's examine the free-willian dearly held faith that "my free-will is uncontrolled by God" as compared to linguistics, logic, and Scripture in Truth (John 14:6).
Free-willians abstract (compartmentalize) at two different levels when free-willians think "my free-will is uncontrolled by God".

God is a Being.

You are a being.

A "will" is not a being.

A "will" is part of a being, and a "will" does not exist without a being.

Let's look at free-willian's dearly held belief that "my free-will is uncontrolled by God" from a related perspective, "this being's free-will is uncontrolled by that Being".

Free-willian foundation is the relationship that a "will" is "free" from a "being", and the relationship succeeds logically and linguistically only by including that a "will" is "free" from every "being"; therefore, that "will" must be free from the "Being" (God) as well as that "will" free from the "being" (the free-willian) as well as that "will" free from every other "being", yet a "will" must be part of a "being" resulting in a controlling relationship between the "being" and the being's "will", so the concept of a "will" free from a "being" is illogical.

The free-willian's level of abstraction fails because free-willians have grouped "will" at the same level as the group of "beings", so free-willians are comparing unrelated things, that is, a "will" and a "being"; in other words, free-willian's faulty premise results in a sinfully false conclusion.

The word "free" means "a something detached from an other something", but free-willians redefine "free" to mean "a something detached from that something's self"; therefore, free-willian's linguistics are illegal.

No Scripture states that God imparted man a free-will, in fact, the single occurrence of free-will in the New Testament is where the Apostle Paul refers to free-will as illusory (Philemon 1:14).

Now, a free-willian's "will" is not free from all beings because the free-willian's "will" is part of himself or herself. See the word "self" in the words "himself" and "herself", and "self" is key because by definition free-willians have a self-will (2 Peter 2:9-10) per the free-willian's own proclamation that the free-willian "will" is uncontrolled by God, and, here, in Scripture, we find that free-willians are out of accord with Apostolic testimony.

In Truth (John 14:6), we Christian's have a "will" controlled by the Christ of us Christians for it is written "it is God who is at work in you, both to will and to work for His good pleasure" (Philippians 2:13).
Faith is imparted to man, man is exhorted to use that faith truly, and not be corrupted by evil, but to overcome evil with good.

The purpose of lying spirits is to deceive, the purpose of the Spirit of truth is to show how to not be deceived.

Those lying evil spirits do not want man to do good, humility, righteousness, kindness, long suffering, believe in truth, believe in justice and judgement, but charity believes all things, and all things are told for what we have to keep believing and trusting in, even while the whole world speaks deception.

Right and right again. I am really really slow. Can you be so gracious as to answer the following in your next reply:
Did people in the OT have freewill?

Perhaps you could be so gracious as to read and reply in context the posts that already contain the answer to your inquiry, such as the original post to this current thread or this post to which you recently replied in this thread or this other thread which starts off with the Word of God in Genesis chapters 1 through 5 that explains the answer Was Adam imparted free will from the beginning of Creation? (on this site).

Faith is imparted to man, man is exhorted to use that faith truly, and not be corrupted by evil, but to overcome evil with good.

The purpose of lying spirits is to deceive, the purpose of the Spirit of truth is to show how to not be deceived.

Those lying evil spirits do not want man to do good, humility, righteousness, kindness, long suffering, believe in truth, believe in justice and judgement, but charity believes all things, and all things are told for what we have to keep believing and trusting in, even while the whole world speaks deception.

Instead of insinuating yourself into the correspondence between TonyChanYT and I, why don't you respond to the post that God had me make to you? Here it is.

All are called by the gospel, chosen to believe in the righteousness of Christ being risen from the dead, those who believe in righteousness go to God, those who are contentious do not.

Really very simple. God recognises the changeableness of man, God had to change with man from the law in ordinances, to the law in the heart.

John 3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

John 20:31 But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.

Romans 2:4 Or despisest thou the riches of his goodness and forbearance and longsuffering; not knowing that the goodness of God leadeth thee to repentance?
5 But after thy hardness and impenitent heart treasurest up unto thyself wrath against the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God;
6 Who will render to every man according to his deeds:
7 To them who by patient continuance in well doing seek for glory and honour and immortality, eternal life:
8 But unto them that are contentious, and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness, indignation and wrath,
9 Tribulation and anguish, upon every soul of man that doeth evil, of the Jew first, and also of the Gentile;
10 But glory, honour, and peace, to every man that worketh good, to the Jew first, and also to the Gentile:
11 For there is no respect of persons with God.

Galatians 1:6 I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel:

2 Thessalonians 2:14 Whereunto he called you by our gospel, to the obtaining of the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ.

You wrote "God had to change with man from the law in ordinances, to the law in the heart" (the word of gordon777) which is a flat out contradiction of the Word of God "I, YHWH, do not change" (The Word of God, Malachi 3:6).

Behold, God changes man, not man changing God, but truly God changing man according to God's Plan "I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit within you; and I will remove the heart of stone from your flesh and give you a heart of flesh" " (Ezekiel 36:26).

You wrote "All are called by the gospel, chosen to believe in the righteousness of Christ" (the word of gordon777) with your sentence construction in such a way that you convey "all are called" and "all are chosen", so you have "called" and "chosen" being equalities; however, the Word of God distinguishes difference between "called" and "chosen" with Lord Jesus Christ's magnificent saying of "many are called but few are chose" (Matthew 22:14), and Christians do not practice the lawlessness (Matthew 7:21-23) of calling the Word of God a lie, and, in effect you call the Word of God a lie - just like you did as shown in this post.

In fact, you just now mentioned "chosen", and this post to which you just replied proclaims about "chosen" that the Lord God Almighty exclusively chooses persons unto salvation and sanctification with “you did not choose Me, but I chose you” (John 15:16), and no Christian calls the Word of God a lie.

In effect, you declared the Word of God is not the Gospel of Christ!

The Gospel is the Power of God (Romans 1:16), and the Power of God is Christ Himself (1 Corinthians 1:24). The Word of God is clear that Christ is the center of the Gospel, but you make man to be center, even the power, of the gospel. In effect, you switch Jesus out for yourself.

In 2 Peter 2:3-6, the self-willed people are condemned by God. Self-willed people includes free-willian philosophers.

Praise Jesus the Lord, the love of Christ controls us Christians (2 Corinthians 5:14)!!!

Since I have not received a reply post from you, Josef, I suspect you may have missed the below.

Hey All,
Kermos, are you saying that Eve's tempting was the cause of Adam's sin? Actually nowhere in the Genesis 3 account does it state that Eve tempted Adam. She handed him the fruit. Verse 12 tells us that Adam received the fruit from his wife, and then ate from the tree. (It is assumed this was the temptation of Eve. I think that's a huge leap to get there.) Was the sin taking the fruit from his wife, or not listening to God and consuming it? Sure, his wife was a contributing factor. Nobody is saying otherwise. Satan is a contributing factor in my sin. But I am responsible for my actions. Likewise, Adam was responsible for his actions. That is why he was punished. God does not punish the innocent. Remember Enoch?

Genesis 5:22-24 And Enoch walked with God after he begat Methuselah three hundred years, and begat sons and daughters:
And all the days of Enoch were three hundred sixty and five years:
And Enoch walked with God: and he was not; for God took him.

Enoch's walk with God was good enough that he was taken before he died. (What did he do to achieve this?)

"A "choice" by Adam is explicitly excluded by using scripture with scripture referencing, in fact, "the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly" (Romans 8:20, KJV), so Adam acted not willingly but rather acted subject to vanity in his eating of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil."

"Not willingly" indicates "not choice".
Quote from Kermos

Romans 8 is probably one of the most loved chapters in all the Bible. Because it starts and ends talking about the assurance and security of the believer. Verse 1 tells us there is no condemnation on believers. (assurance) Verse 39 states nothing can separate us from the love of God. (security) (Who wouldn't love that?)
Verses 1-17 tell us that we as believers have received the Holy Spirit. and we are to live by the Spirit rather than the flesh. Verse 18 continues to address believers hence the plural pronoun "us."
All of theses verses are addressing all believers. To say that singular noun "creature" in verses 20-21 suddenly addresses just one man, Adam, is not grammatical context. Because verse 21 tells us that the creature shall be delivered from bondage and corruption. This cannot be Adam. Everyone who believes that Jesus died for their sins has been delivered from bondage and corruption spiritually. So the creature here cannot be just Adam.
"Creature" is a singular noun entity within the total creation. Mankind for example would be a creature within creation. So would believers. To be fair, if you take just the word, Adam is a creature within creation. But we have to take out of context to make Adam fit.
"Creation" is a plural noun which means all that was created. The whole universe or all believers would be examples. Adam would not fit as he was a singular creature.
What is the single entity within the entire creation that fits what Paul wrote? It has to be an entity that fits " . . . delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God"
Answer: The body of believers; to which this whole chapter is addressed. Believers, as a group, would be the smallest entity (creature) within creation to which creature can apply.

So, I do not see Romans 8:20 supporting your theory.
I am not going to do this to every Scripture reference you have given. If I find one reference taken out of context, I assume there are more.

I look at every Scripture reference I give. If I am not sure it applies, I will not use it. I owe that effort to the reader. Well enough for now. Keep walking everybody.
May God bless,
Taz

Hello Josef,

Adam moved away from God when Adam ate of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, not Adam moving toward God, but, truly, Adam moved away from God, so Adam fails as an example of free-will choosing God.

Please pay attention to this response, Josef, because God had me proclaim "the cause of Adam's sin" (this quote is from your opening sentence) according to the Word of God in the previous response.

Would you please reply to posts instead of making a "post reply" at the bottom of the page? By replying, the correspondence maintains proper linkage thus reducing the need for back-links like this post that I suspect you just replied.

The Word of God very specifically declares Adam was accountable for Adam's sin/disobedience to God, after all, Adam certainly did the work of eating of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil (Genesis 3:6). To avoid confusion, I made no other attribution about Adam's accountability in this post to which you responded. Also, it is clear that Adam blaming Eve did not atone for Adam's disobedience towards God, and the "blaming" shows fleshly selfish fear not free-will.

Adam's work of eating, that sinfully disobedient action by Adam, is specifically attributed to "Because you have listened to the voice of your wife, and have eaten from the tree about which I commanded you, saying, 'You shall not eat from it'" (Genesis 3:17), so the precise cause of Adam's sin of eating of the tree forbidden as food is that Adam "listened to the voice of" Eve - thus says the Word of God!

The second question in your post contains two premises, but you failed to include the Word of God proclaimed to you that the cause of Adam's sin of eating of the tree forbidden as food was that Adam "listened to the voice of" Eve (Genesis 3:17), so this is a reason I requested that you read this post carefully.

In Romans 8, Paul switches context and topics, so an outside topic does not negate an inside topic.

Adam is inextricably included as part of "creation" (or "creature" in the KJV which really should be "creation") in Romans 8:20-22. Adam and Seth and David and Elijah and Peter and Paul are all part of "creation", so this dispenses with your unsupported "verses 20-21 suddenly addresses just one man". I proclaimed that Paul wrote "until now" by which Paul included Paul's own time.

Let's look at the passage in whole:

(20) For the creation was subjected to futility, not willingly, but because of Him who subjected it in hope (21) that the creation itself also will be set free from its slavery to corruption into the freedom of the glory of the children of God (22) for we know that the whole creation groans and suffers the pains of childbirth together until now.
(Romans 8:20-22)

Per the Greek language, all 3 occurrences of the word "creation" In this passage are singular, not plural, so your grammatical analysis of Romans 8:20-22 is flawed.

You wrote "Because verse 21 tells us that the creature shall be delivered from bondage and corruption. This cannot be Adam", so I ask you, have you not heard of the new heavens and new earth and the inhabitants thereof? Moreover, your assertion fails to extract Adam out of "creation" in verse 20, and your assertion fails to extract Adam out of "the whole creation" in verse 22.

In verse 21, the word is "creation", not "creature", in fact, Paul just wrote "creation" without the adjective "whole" in verse 21.

In contrast, Paul declared "the whole creation" in verse 22, and Paul includes timeframe boundaries covering "not willingly" in Romans 8:20-22 as shown in the following:
  • See "until now" (Romans 8:22) indicates all time prior to the Apostle Paul for he wrote "the whole creation" (Romans 8:22), as in "the whole creation" "until now".
  • See the serpent was in the garden tempting Eve (Genesis 3:1-5) before Adam ate of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil (Genesis 3:6).
  • See "subjected to futility" (Romans 8:20) as the serpent's futility of lying to Eve with "You surely will not die" (Genesis 3:4) - before Adam or Eve ate of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil (Genesis 3:6), yet Adam and Eve died (Genesis 5:5, Genesis 7:21 none of mankind, besides the 8 [Genesis 7:7 and 1 Peter 3:20], survived the flood, so Eve had to be dead).
  • See "not willingly" (Romans 8:20) applies to Adam eating of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil (Genesis 3:6) for the Word of God specifically attributed the cause of Adam eating of the tree as "Because you have listened to the voice of your wife, and have eaten from the tree about which I commanded you, saying, 'You shall not eat from it'" (Genesis 3:17), so here God reveals for Adam the cause (listen to wife) and the effect (eat of tree); therefore, eating of the tree was "not willingly" (Romans 8:20).

Paul includes the "not willingly" (Romans 8:20-22) to apply to Adam because Paul included the time that Adam ate of the tree (Genesis 3:6), so the Apostle Paul declares that Adam not willingly ate of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.

No Scripture states Adam was imparted a free-will, so no man thereafter was imparted free will, either.

Instead of insinuating yourself into the correspondence between TonyChanYT and I, why don't you respond to the post that God had me make to you? Here it is.

You wrote "God had to change with man from the law in ordinances, to the law in the heart" (the word of gordon777) which is a flat out contradiction of the Word of God "I, YHWH, do not change" (The Word of God, Malachi 3:6).

Behold, God changes man, not man changing God, but truly God changing man according to God's Plan "I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit within you; and I will remove the heart of stone from your flesh and give you a heart of flesh" " (Ezekiel 36:26).

You wrote "All are called by the gospel, chosen to believe in the righteousness of Christ" (the word of gordon777) with your sentence construction in such a way that you convey "all are called" and "all are chosen", so you have "called" and "chosen" being equalities; however, the Word of God distinguishes difference between "called" and "chosen" with Lord Jesus Christ's magnificent saying of "many are called but few are chose" (Matthew 22:14), and Christians do not practice the lawlessness (Matthew 7:21-23) of calling the Word of God a lie, and, in effect you call the Word of God a lie - just like you did as shown in this post.

In fact, you just now mentioned "chosen", and this post to which you just replied proclaims about "chosen" that the Lord God Almighty exclusively chooses persons unto salvation and sanctification with “you did not choose Me, but I chose you” (John 15:16), and no Christian calls the Word of God a lie.

The Gospel is the Power of God (Romans 1:16), and the Power of God is Christ Himself (1 Corinthians 1:24). The Word of God is clear that Christ is the center of the Gospel, but you make man to be center, even the power, of the gospel. In effect, you switch Jesus out for yourself.

In 2 Peter 2:3-6, the self-willed people are condemned by God. Self-willed people includes free-willian philosophers.

Praise Jesus the Lord, the love of Christ controls us Christians (2 Corinthians 5:14)!!!
God made man to dwell in man forever, and man was not ready to dwell in until changes were made, that change was Christ learning obedience for us all to believe in, so we be obedient to God, who changed us, for Himself, and changed with us to be perfect for Him to dwell in us, on top of changing the law, because it had to become harmless, which is again the new thing created in the earth.

Isaiah 43:19 Behold, I will do a new thing; now it shall spring forth; shall ye not know it? I will even make a way in the wilderness, and rivers in the desert.

Jeremiah 31:22 How long wilt thou go about, O thou backsliding daughter? for the Lord hath created a new thing in the earth, A woman shall compass a man.

Adam moved away from God when Adam ate of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, not Adam moving toward God, but, truly, Adam moved away from God, so Adam fails as an example of free-will choosing God.

Adam neither moved to, nor away from, because Adam is death, and darkness, neither are any way to go to God ever.

Please pay attention to this response, Josef, because God had me proclaim "the cause of Adam's sin" (this quote is from your opening sentence) according to the Word of God in the previous response.
Adams sin is because Adam is not the Spirit of Christ, that Spirit is faith, Jesus Christ shows free will, because we are called to believe in Him, not to show the disbelief of Adam.

Would you please reply to posts instead of making a "post reply" at the bottom of the page? By replying, the correspondence maintains proper linkage thus reducing the need for back-links like this post that I suspect you just replied.

The Word of God very specifically declares Adam was accountable for Adam's sin/disobedience to God, after all, Adam certainly did the work of eating of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil (Genesis 3:6). To avoid confusion, I made no other attribution about Adam's accountability in this post to which you responded. Also, it is clear that Adam blaming Eve did not atone for Adam's disobedience towards God, and the "blaming" shows fleshly selfish fear not free-will.
Adam did all that shows death came on him and on all who do like him, which is blame guilt before God.

This also was God changing the previous non requirement of repentance, to all men everywhere to repent.

Acts 17:30 And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent:

Romans 3:19 Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God.
Adam's work of eating, that sinfully disobedient action by Adam, is specifically attributed to "Because you have listened to the voice of your wife, and have eaten from the tree about which I commanded you, saying, 'You shall not eat from it'" (Genesis 3:17), so the precise cause of Adam's sin of eating of the tree forbidden as food is that Adam "listened to the voice of" Eve - thus says the Word of God!

The precise reason Adam listened to the voice of Eve, is because and only because of the voice of the serpent in Eves ears and also after God had first spoken the truth.

Genesis 3:13 And the Lord God said unto the woman, What is this that thou hast done? And the woman said, The serpent beguiled me, and I did eat.

2 Corinthians 11:3 But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.
Adam is inextricably included as part of "creation" (or "creature" in the KJV which really should be "creation") in Romans 8:20-22. Adam and Seth and David and Elijah and Peter and Paul are all part of "creation", so this dispenses with your unsupported "verses 20-21 suddenly addresses just one man". I proclaimed that Paul wrote "until now" by which Paul included Paul's own time.

Let's look at the passage in whole:
(20) For the creation was subjected to futility, not willingly, but because of Him who subjected it in hope (21) that the creation itself also will be set free from its slavery to corruption into the freedom of the glory of the children of God (22) for we know that the whole creation groans and suffers the pains of childbirth together until now.​
(Romans 8:20-22)​

Per the Greek language, all 3 occurrences of the word "creation" In this passage are singular, not plural, so your grammatical analysis of Romans 8:20-22 is flawed.

You wrote "Because verse 21 tells us that the creature shall be delivered from bondage and corruption. This cannot be Adam", so I ask you, have you not heard of the new heavens and new earth and the inhabitants thereof? Moreover, your assertion fails to extract Adam out of "creation" in verse 20, and your assertion fails to extract Adam out of "the whole creation" in verse 22.

In verse 21, the word is "creation", not "creature", in fact, Paul just wrote "creation" without the adjective "whole" in verse 21.

In contrast, Paul declared "the whole creation" in verse 22, and Paul includes timeframe boundaries covering "not willingly" in Romans 8:20-22 as shown in the following:
  • See "until now" (Romans 8:22) indicates all time prior to the Apostle Paul for he wrote "the whole creation" (Romans 8:22), as in "the whole creation" "until now".
  • See the serpent was in the garden tempting Eve (Genesis 3:1-5) before Adam ate of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil (Genesis 3:6).
  • See "subjected to futility" (Romans 8:20) as the serpent's futility of lying to Eve with "You surely will not die" (Genesis 3:4) - before Adam or Eve ate of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil (Genesis 3:6), yet Adam and Eve died (Genesis 5:5, Genesis 7:21 none of mankind, besides the 8 [Genesis 7:7 and 1 Peter 3:20], survived the flood, so Eve had to be dead).
  • See "not willingly" (Romans 8:20) applies to Adam eating of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil (Genesis 3:6) for the Word of God specifically attributed the cause of Adam eating of the tree as "Because you have listened to the voice of your wife, and have eaten from the tree about which I commanded you, saying, 'You shall not eat from it'" (Genesis 3:17), so here God reveals for Adam the cause (listen to wife) and the effect (eat of tree); therefore, eating of the tree was "not willingly" (Romans 8:20).

Paul includes the "not willingly" (Romans 8:20-22) to apply to Adam because Paul included the time that Adam ate of the tree (Genesis 3:6), so the Apostle Paul declares that Adam not willingly ate of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.

No Scripture states Adam was imparted a free-will, so no man thereafter was imparted free will, either.

The whole of creation is what is created new, as I just posted that scripture for you. ( the new created is Christ born.)

That is when the birth begins, not before, not after.

I do not want to be forever correcting threads like this, but I will for as long as it is easy for me.

Romans 7:4 Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another, even to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God.

Romans 8:22 For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now.

Galatians 4:19 My little children, of whom I travail in birth again until Christ be formed in you,

God made man to dwell in man forever, and man was not ready to dwell in until changes were made, that change was Christ learning obedience for us all to believe in, so we be obedient to God, who changed us, for Himself, and changed with us to be perfect for Him to dwell in us, on top of changing the law, because it had to become harmless, which is again the new thing created in the earth.

Isaiah 43:19 Behold, I will do a new thing; now it shall spring forth; shall ye not know it? I will even make a way in the wilderness, and rivers in the desert.

Jeremiah 31:22 How long wilt thou go about, O thou backsliding daughter? for the Lord hath created a new thing in the earth, A woman shall compass a man.

You wrote of Christ "changing the law"; in contrast, Lord Christ says "For truly I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not the smallest letter or stroke shall pass from the Law until all is accomplished" (Matthew 5:18).

But, wait, Jesus Christ intensifies His saying with "Whoever then annuls one of the least of these commandments, and teaches others to do the same, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever keeps and teaches them, he shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven" (Matthew 5:19).

In essence, you believe the law changed, yet Christ Jesus declares the law remains intact, so you assign the title of deceiver to Jesus. No Christian refers to the Christ as a liar.

Since my Lord Jesus is the Truth (John 14:6), then your writing is deception; therefore, your response is demonstrated a lie.

All are called by the gospel, chosen to believe in the righteousness of Christ being risen from the dead, those who believe in righteousness go to God, those who are contentious do not.

Really very simple. God recognises the changeableness of man, God had to change with man from the law in ordinances, to the law in the heart.

John 3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

John 20:31 But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.

Romans 2:4 Or despisest thou the riches of his goodness and forbearance and longsuffering; not knowing that the goodness of God leadeth thee to repentance?
5 But after thy hardness and impenitent heart treasurest up unto thyself wrath against the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God;
6 Who will render to every man according to his deeds:
7 To them who by patient continuance in well doing seek for glory and honour and immortality, eternal life:
8 But unto them that are contentious, and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness, indignation and wrath,
9 Tribulation and anguish, upon every soul of man that doeth evil, of the Jew first, and also of the Gentile;
10 But glory, honour, and peace, to every man that worketh good, to the Jew first, and also to the Gentile:
11 For there is no respect of persons with God.

Galatians 1:6 I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel:

2 Thessalonians 2:14 Whereunto he called you by our gospel, to the obtaining of the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ.

If a parent has ways set in stone, they wont know how to adapt to how the child is growing up, or for the changing environment around them of this world.

God similarly at first made all very good, but as a Father, the creation was not good, and touched the forbidden thing.

Then instead of every herb being for food for man, animals became the food for man.

Genesis 1:29 And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat.

Genesis 9:3 Every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you; even as the green herb have I given you all things.

God had given one language to all men, but again, because of those creations, how they were changing t the world around them, God again had to change things, this time the languages.

Genesis 11:9 Therefore is the name of it called Babel; because the Lord did there confound the language of all the earth: and from thence did the Lord scatter them abroad upon the face of all the earth.

After this God chooses Abraham, but the children of Abraham did not do right, they did as Adam and Eve had done, as the people of Noah had done also, they worked against God.

God had chosen the Levites to be His priest, to walk before God for ever, but now God said that was far from Him, those who honour God are honoured, and those who despise God are lightly esteemed.

God also tells of the faithful priest He would raise up to walk before His anointed for ever.

1 Samuel 2:30 Wherefore the Lord God of Israel saith, I said indeed that thy house, and the house of thy father, should walk before me for ever: but now the Lord saith, Be it far from me; for them that honour me I will honour, and they that despise me shall be lightly esteemed.

1 Samuel 2:35 And I will raise me up a faithful priest, that shall do according to that which is in mine heart and in my mind: and I will build him a sure house; and he shall walk before mine anointed for ever.
36 And it shall come to pass, that every one that is left in thine house shall come and crouch to him for a piece of silver and a morsel of bread, and shall say, Put me, I pray thee, into one of the priests' offices, that I may eat a piece of bread.

Here is quick fulfilment of that anointed, which is David, which brings about another change, of the Spirit of the Lord departing from Saul, and an evil spirit entering into Saul instead.

1 Samuel 10:1 Then Samuel took a vial of oil, and poured it upon his head, and kissed him, and said, Is it not because the Lord hath anointed thee to be captain over his inheritance?

1 Samuel 16:14 But the Spirit of the Lord departed from Saul, and an evil spirit from the Lord troubled him.

God tells the people He had once chosen, that a law would come from God, but it would be for the Gentiles.

God also tells Israel who He had once chosen, that their name would be left for a curse, as God had a new chosen, ( the faithful priest)

The priesthood being changed, there is made of necessity a change also of the law.

Isaiah 42:1 Behold my servant, whom I uphold; mine elect, in whom my soul delighteth; I have put my spirit upon him: he shall bring forth judgment to the Gentiles.

Isaiah 51:4 Hearken unto me, my people; and give ear unto me, O my nation: for a law shall proceed from me, and I will make my judgment to rest for a light of the people.

Isaiah 65:15 And ye shall leave your name for a curse unto my chosen: for the Lord God shall slay thee, and call his servants by another name:

Matthew 12:18 Behold my servant, whom I have chosen; my beloved, in whom my soul is well pleased: I will put my spirit upon him, and he shall shew judgment to the Gentiles.

Hebrews 7:11 If therefore perfection were by the Levitical priesthood, (for under it the people received the law,) what further need was there that another priest should rise after the order of Melchisedec, and not be called after the order of Aaron?
12 For the priesthood being changed, there is made of necessity a change also of the law.

Change occurred from the very beginning, and continued, and continues until now, how the Lord once saved the people out of the land of Egypt, but afterwards had to destroy those who did not believe, and that example is for all who still live ungodly. ( they do not recognise all the changes God has made and instead are deceived by the filthy dreamers.)

Jude 1:5 I will therefore put you in remembrance, though ye once knew this, how that the Lord, having saved the people out of the land of Egypt, afterward destroyed them that believed not.

Jude 1:8 Likewise also these filthy dreamers defile the flesh, despise dominion, and speak evil of dignities.

2 Peter 2:5 And spared not the old world, but saved Noah the eighth person, a preacher of righteousness, bringing in the flood upon the world of the ungodly;
6 And turning the cities of Sodom and Gomorrha into ashes condemned them with an overthrow, making them an ensample unto those that after should live ungodly;

Genesis 1:29 And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat.

Genesis 9:3 Every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you; even as the green herb have I given you all things.

Genesis 11:9 Therefore is the name of it called Babel; because the Lord did there confound the language of all the earth: and from thence did the Lord scatter them abroad upon the face of all the earth.

1 Samuel 2:30 Wherefore the Lord God of Israel saith, I said indeed that thy house, and the house of thy father, should walk before me for ever: but now the Lord saith, Be it far from me; for them that honour me I will honour, and they that despise me shall be lightly esteemed.

1 Samuel 2:35 And I will raise me up a faithful priest, that shall do according to that which is in mine heart and in my mind: and I will build him a sure house; and he shall walk before mine anointed for ever.
36 And it shall come to pass, that every one that is left in thine house shall come and crouch to him for a piece of silver and a morsel of bread, and shall say, Put me, I pray thee, into one of the priests' offices, that I may eat a piece of bread.

1 Samuel 10:1 Then Samuel took a vial of oil, and poured it upon his head, and kissed him, and said, Is it not because the Lord hath anointed thee to be captain over his inheritance?

1 Samuel 16:14 But the Spirit of the Lord departed from Saul, and an evil spirit from the Lord troubled him.

Isaiah 42:1 Behold my servant, whom I uphold; mine elect, in whom my soul delighteth; I have put my spirit upon him: he shall bring forth judgment to the Gentiles.

Isaiah 51:4 Hearken unto me, my people; and give ear unto me, O my nation: for a law shall proceed from me, and I will make my judgment to rest for a light of the people.

Isaiah 65:15 And ye shall leave your name for a curse unto my chosen: for the Lord God shall slay thee, and call his servants by another name:

Matthew 12:18 Behold my servant, whom I have chosen; my beloved, in whom my soul is well pleased: I will put my spirit upon him, and he shall shew judgment to the Gentiles.

Hebrews 7:11 If therefore perfection were by the Levitical priesthood, (for under it the people received the law,) what further need was there that another priest should rise after the order of Melchisedec, and not be called after the order of Aaron?
12 For the priesthood being changed, there is made of necessity a change also of the law.

Jude 1:5 I will therefore put you in remembrance, though ye once knew this, how that the Lord, having saved the people out of the land of Egypt, afterward destroyed them that believed not.

Jude 1:8 Likewise also these filthy dreamers defile the flesh, despise dominion, and speak evil of dignities.

2 Peter 2:5 And spared not the old world, but saved Noah the eighth person, a preacher of righteousness, bringing in the flood upon the world of the ungodly;
6 And turning the cities of Sodom and Gomorrha into ashes condemned them with an overthrow, making them an ensample unto those that after should live ungodly;

No Scripture you cited states that God changes.

No Scripture you cite states man has a free-will to choose toward God, but here is the Word of God which clearly states man does not choose God!

The gracious Benefactor of us Christians exclusively produces
  1. divine choice of we beneficiaries unto salvation, for the Christ of us Christians says
    you did not choose Me, but I chose you” (John 15:16) and “I chose you out of the world” (John 15:19)
    AND, Paul is in accord with Jesus’ words for he wrote to the Ephesians “Blessed [be] the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly [places] in Christ, just as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we would be holy and blameless before Him in love” (Ephesians 1:3-4)
    SO, clearly, Jesus’ words in John 15:16 and John 15:19 state God exclusively chooses us believers by/of/through God
  2. beneficiaries’ faith/belief in Lord Jesus, for the Christ of us Christians says (see also a word about belief/faith (Greek πίστις pistis) and believe (Greek πιστεύω pisteuó))
    This is the work of God, that you believe in Him whom He has sent” (John 6:29)
    AND Paul is in accord with Jesus’ words for Paul wrote to the Ephesians “by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, [it is] the gift of God; not as a result of works, so that no one may boast. For we are His work” (Ephesians 2:8-10)
    AND Peter is in accord with Jesus’ words for Peter declared “God, who knows the heart, testified to them giving them the Holy Spirit, just as He also did to us; and He made no distinction between us and them, cleansing their hearts by faith” (Acts 15:8-9)
    SO, clearly, Jesus’ words in John 6:29 state for us believers to believe in Jesus whom the Father has sent is exclusively by/of/through God
  3. beneficiaries’ fruit of the Spirit/righteous actions/good works, for the Christ of us Christians says
    he who practices the truth comes to the Light, so that his deeds may be manifested as having been wrought in God” (John 3:21)
    AND Paul is in accord with Jesus’ words for he wrote to the Philippians “being filled with the fruit of righteousness that [is] by Jesus Christ, to the glory and praise of God” (Philippians 1:11)
    SO, clearly, Jesus’ words in John 3:21 state fruit in we believers is exclusively by/of/through God
  4. beneficiaries’ birth by the Holy Spirit, for the Christ of us Christians says
    Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. Do not be amazed that I said to you, ‘You must be born again.’ The wind blows where it wishes and you hear the sound of it, but do not know where it comes from and where it is going; so is everyone who is born of the Spirit” (John 3:5-8)
    AND Peter is in accord with Jesus’ words for he wrote to persons residing as aliens “Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who according to His great mercy has caused us to be born again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead” (1 Peter 1:3)
    SO, clearly, Jesus’ words in John 3:5-8 state we believers being born again is exclusively by/of/through God
  5. beneficiaries’ repent by God’s working, for the Christ of us Christians says
    I praise You, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that You have hidden these things from the wise and intelligent and have revealed them to babes” (Matthew 11:25)
    AND the apostles and elders are in accord with Jesus’ words with thier saying, “Well then, God has granted to the Gentiles also the repentance that leads to life” (Acts 11:18)
    SO, clearly, Jesus’ words in Matthew 11:25 state that God exclusively causes man to think differently after an encounter with God (repent means to think differently afterward)
  6. beneficiaries’ love by God’s working, for the Christ of us Christians says
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another, even as I have loved you, that you also love one another” (John 13:34)
    AND John is in accord with Jesus’ words for he wrote “Beloved, let us love one another, for love is from God; and everyone who loves is born of God and knows God” (1 John 4:7, see the phrase “love is from God” meaning God is the source of true love)
    AND John expands with his writing of “God is Love, and the one who abides in Love abides in God, and God abides in him” (1 John 4:16, see the phrase “one who abides in Love” is equivocated with “one who abides” “in God” which extends from God’s exclusivity with “God is Love”)
    SO, clearly, Jesus’ words in John 13:34 states that the love, true love (John 3:33), the very righteous love, the Godly love within us children of God, this love is exclusively by/of/through God

Thus says the Lord, "I, YHWH, do not change" (Malachi 3:6), but, clearly, you do not be the Word of God!

And here we have the Truth (John 14:6), the love of Christ controls us believers (2 Corinthians 5:14)!

God does not change in justice, truthfulness, holiness, righteousness, but does have to change according to how He is changing man, from the beginning with Adam, to when man becomes one with God through Jesus Christ.

God at one time gave laws to stone and kill, Jesus took that away because of telling what was never told before to anyone, ( a change in the world) and showed the world it was time to have a conscience.

Kermos changed a little, he had to, to give less personal remarks. ( this is changeableness, how God had to change things around people, as people had to begin to change also.)

Acts 17:30 And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent:
31 Because he hath appointed a day, in the which he will judge the world in righteousness by that man whom he hath ordained; whereof he hath given assurance unto all men, in that he hath raised him from the dead.

John 8:2 And early in the morning he came again into the temple, and all the people came unto him; and he sat down, and taught them.
3 And the scribes and Pharisees brought unto him a woman taken in adultery; and when they had set her in the midst,
4 They say unto him, Master, this woman was taken in adultery, in the very act.
5 Now Moses in the law commanded us, that such should be stoned: but what sayest thou?
6 This they said, tempting him, that they might have to accuse him. But Jesus stooped down, and with his finger wrote on the ground, as though he heard them not.
7 So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.
8 And again he stooped down, and wrote on the ground.
9 And they which heard it, being convicted by their own conscience, went out one by one, beginning at the eldest, even unto the last: and Jesus was left alone, and the woman standing in the midst.
10 When Jesus had lifted up himself, and saw none but the woman, he said unto her, Woman, where are those thine accusers? hath no man condemned thee?
11 She said, No man, Lord. And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more.

No one has a will that is good enough to choose God.

The Tradition Man Created Teaching That Man Is Good - An Open Conspiracy​

Free-willian philosophers base their "man is inherently good" philosophy on Bible passages such as:

Let no one say when he is tempted, "I am being tempted by God"; for God cannot be tempted by evil, and He Himself does not tempt anyone. (James 1:13)
In the following, it is imperative to remember that Jesus Christ is truly Man (Luke 1:26-33) - the Son of Man, and Jesus Christ is truly God (Luke 1:34-35, John 8:58, John 20:28, John 5:18, John 10:30-31) - the Son of God. This means Jesus is good because He says "No one is good except God alone" (Lord Jesus Christ, Mark 10:18), so Christ alone is the exception to when I write all people and such.

Man starts initially as evil, self-willed for the Apostle gives no exception for a person starting otherwise in life with "the Lord knows how to rescue the godly from temptation, and to keep the unrighteous under punishment for the day of judgment, and especially those who indulge the flesh in its corrupt desires and despise authority, daring, self-willed, they do not tremble when they revile angelic majesties" (2 Peter 2:9-10).

Here are the relevant spiritual points about James 1:13 that are together a cohesive unit proving the deception of the free-willian way:

• free-will is not contained therein, so James 1:13 is not a proof text for free-will.
  • self-will is not mentioned therein. James 1:13 does not indicate "God does not given any man self-will".
  • the audience for James' letter is people who are in Christ; in other words, people that are saved (James 1:1-2, James 2:1). The audience constrains the meaning of "anyone" in James 1:13 to exclusively the people of the faith, so James is not addressing the faithless in James 1:13.
  • it is written "YHWH tests the righteous and the wicked, And the one who loves violence His soul hates" (Psalm 11:5), so God does not tempt people, but God does test people.
  • it is written "Behold, I was brought forth in iniquity, And in sin my mother conceived me" (Psalm 51:5), so all, and I mean every person except Christ (2 Corinthians 5:21), all people start off as evil, fleshly, self-willed persons for there is no exception indicated anywhere in Scripture.
  • it is written "The wicked are estranged from the womb; these who speak lies go astray from birth" (Psalm 58:3), so all, and I mean every person except Christ (2 Corinthians 5:21), all people start off as evil, fleshly, self-willed persons for there is no exception indicated anywhere in Scripture.
  • it is written "The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?" (Jeremiah 17:9), so man is evil and self-willed in his deceitful heart from birth without exception - man is created in the flesh, evil, and self-willed.
  • the Apostle Paul wrote

you were dead in your trespasses and sins, in which you formerly walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, of the spirit that is now working in the sons of disobedience. Among them we too all formerly lived in the lusts of our flesh, indulging the desires of the flesh and of the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, even as the rest. But God, being rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us, even when we were dead in our transgressions, made us alive together with Christ by grace you have been saved (Ephesians 2:1-5)
    So, everyone in the Assembly of God formerly were self-willed people; therefore, everyone starts out in life with a self-will because all of the unsaved people are self-willed.
  • thus says Adonai YHWH (Lord GOD) "The soul who sins shall die. The son shall not suffer for the iniquity of the father, nor the father suffer for the iniquity of the son. The righteousness of the righteous shall be upon himself, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon himself" (Ezekiel 18:20), so every self-willed person goes to hell for practicing lawlessness because of the person's own doing of sin (crimes against God) - their sin is accounted to them yet no self-willed person can escape being self-willed of their own initiative for the Word of God says "And why do you not even on your own initiative judge what is right?" (Luke 12:57).

And here we have the Truth (John 14:6), the love of Christ controls us believers (2 Corinthians 5:14), His vessels of mercy (Romans 9:21-23)!

Teachers of lies profit nothing.

Godliness is profitable unto all things.

Jeremiah 23:32 Behold, I am against them that prophesy false dreams, saith the Lord, and do tell them, and cause my people to err by their lies, and by their lightness; yet I sent them not, nor commanded them: therefore they shall not profit this people at all, saith the Lord.

1 Timothy 4:8 For bodily exercise profiteth little: but godliness is profitable unto all things, having promise of the life that now is, and of that which is to come.

2 Timothy 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

There is no such thing as free-will.

The Bondage Of A Man's Will​

Free-willians, in a respect, are correct that "there's no difference between self will and free will", and that respect is that both self will and free will lead to hell.
Now, instead of listening to themselves lie with things like "Free will is all through the scriptures", they need to listen to Apostolic testimony as shown below.

Peter the Apostle wrote that prior to being saved, people have a self will that brings such people under damnation with the devil according to the Apostle Peter (2 Peter 2:9-10).

Paul the Apostle wrote that after being saved, people have a will that is bound under the loving control of God according to the Apostle Paul (Philippians 2:13).

Here's Paul from the Bible, again. Overall, Paul uses free will as illusory instead of concrete in Philemon 1:14 - and this is the only occurrence of "free will" that I am aware of in the New American Standard Bible New Testament.

Free-willians do not have a free will, as described by Paul.

Free-willians do have a self will, as described by Peter.

Free-willians gleefully separate themselves from God's will and the Christ of us Christians Who says "you did not choose Me, but I chose you" (John 15:16) and "I chose you out of the world" (John 15:19). We Christians in God's Spirit have a will bound enthusiastically in joy and love to God by God for God through God, as described by Paul.

The above mentioned Apostolic testimony verbatim:

• "the Lord knows how to rescue the godly from temptation, and to keep the unrighteous under punishment for the day of judgment, and especially those who indulge the flesh in its corrupt desires and despise authority; daring, self-willed, they do not tremble when they revile angelic majesties" (2 Peter 2:9-10).
  • "it is God who is at work in you, both to will and to work for His good pleasure" (Philippians 2:13).
  • "but without your consent I did not want to do anything, so that your goodness would not be, in effect, by compulsion but of your own free will" (Philemon 1:14).
We Christians are saved from the wrath of God by God's grace for God's glory!

And here we have the Truth (John 14:6), the love of Christ controls us believers (2 Corinthians 5:14), His vessels of mercy (Romans 9:21-23)!

God came to earth in the name of Jesus Christ, declaring the Father.

It begins in the Gospel chapter 1.

Chapter 2 shows how God is in control of peoples lives, through them believing in His name. ( by seeing and believing in what the Son does in the Fathers name.)

John 1:18 No man hath seen God at any time, the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.

John 2:23 Now when he was in Jerusalem at the passover, in the feast day, many believed in his name, when they saw the miracles which he did.

I will finish for now on John chapter 3.

Jesus tells us ( gives us the testimony to believe in) that the Son of man will be lifted up. ( to heaven) and speaks these words that whosoever believes ( in His testimony) should not die, but have eternal life. ( Jesus Christ who is life in them)

Jesus teaches us the testimony of God, ( declaring the Father) that God gave HIS ONLY BEGOTTEN SON, that whosoever believes in the Son should not die, but have everlasting life. ( the testimony is to believe in the love God has for the world.)

This again is the teaching of Jesus Christ of the Father, that God DID NOT SEND HIS SON INTO THE WORLD TO CONDEMN IT, but that the world through Him, ( the Son) might be saved. ( Jesus tells again in John 12 what being lifted up from the earth means, it means He will draw all men up to Him, by the death He dies, as He arises after that.)

John 3:14 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up:
15 That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.
16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

John 12:32 And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me.
33 This he said, signifying what death he should die.

See my new thread everybody about the teacher of lies, because they PROFIT NOTHING TO THE PEOPLE.

Who Causes What​

God forms man in the womb.*

Man is born of the world.*

God causes man's conversion from the worldly realm to the heavenly realm.*

* As shown scripturally throughout this thread, and the below scripture.

Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, And before you were born I consecrated you; I have appointed you a prophet to the nations (Jeremiah 1:5)

And now says YHWH, who formed Me from the womb to be His Servant, To bring Jacob back to Him, so that Israel might be gathered to Him for I am honored in the sight of YHWH, And My God is My strength (Isaiah 49:5)

There is no one who does good, not even one (Romans 3:12, Psalm 53:3)

Behold, I was brought forth in iniquity, And in sin my mother conceived me (Psalm 51:5)

Among them we too all formerly lived in the lusts of our flesh, indulging the desires of the flesh and of the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, even as the rest (Ephesians 2:3)

The wicked are estranged from the womb; These who speak lies go astray from birth (Psalm 58:3)

For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh and the lust of the eyes and the boastful pride of life, is not from the Father, but is from the world (1 John 2:16)

I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit within you; and I will remove the heart of stone from your flesh and give you a heart of flesh (Ezekiel 36:26)

Jesus answered and said to him, "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born again he cannot see the kingdom of God." Nicodemus said to Him, "How can a man be born when he is old? He cannot enter a second time into his mother's womb and be born, can he?" Jesus answered, "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. Do not be amazed that I said to you, 'You must be born again.' The wind blows where it wishes and you hear the sound of it, but do not know where it comes from and where it is going; so is everyone who is born of the Spiritual."(John 3:3-8)

"I am no longer in the world; and [yet] they themselves are in the world, and I come to You. Holy Father, keep them in Your name, [the name] which You have given Me, that they may be one even as We [are]" (John 17:11)

"I do not ask You to take them out of the world, but to keep them from the evil one. They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world" (John 17:15-16)

And here we have the Truth (John 14:6), man causes not salvation, not even choosing Jesus, because the love of Christ controls us believers (2 Corinthians 5:14), His vessels of mercy (Romans 9:21-23)! Praise be to my powerful Deliverer, Lord Jesus Christ!

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back