Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Bible Study The Word of God.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Brother, if you read the link slowly, you will see what numerics is about. :)

My study here is not about numerics. I am going to enjoy looking at the Word as a whole in this study. As you have pointed out, this is not debate forum. I am going to post my understanding as I believe I was shown through the years. I am not doing this to convince people of anything. Even faith is a gift and so is understanding. Luk 24:45 Then opened he their mind, that they might understand the scriptures;

I did read it. I was simply curious if it played a significant role in how you interpret scripture and the NT writings. You had brought up the idea, I figured it was something you wanted to talk about.

I am not looking for a debate either. I apologize if that is how it seems. I ask questions to understand things.

Yes, this is what I see and you are the only other person, who I have ever "met", see this, too. Although, I am young perhaps this is common knowledge and I am just now seeing.
It is huge, the entire Word full and then comes Revelation. :)
Thanks -
Jake

Consider yourself to have "met" two now. :lol

I believe this is true, always have.

Cornelius,

You make a comment about two "parts" of Christianity. One with the Holy Spirit, and one with out.

I am confused. How can a Christian be a Christian without the Holy Spirit? I guess I have not seen that in the Bible.

I have always been taught that to be a follower of Christ you must have the Spirit of God in you.

Do you believe this to be wrong?

I did read it. I was simply curious if it played a significant role in how you interpret scripture and the NT writings. You had brought up the idea, I figured it was something you wanted to talk about.

I am not looking for a debate either. I apologize if that is how it seems. I ask questions to understand things.

I use the numeric pattern by simply reading the Numeric New Testament (Nobody has done the Old in this way yet ) when I study. It has all the correct plurals and tenses in tact. :) I has not been translated with any doctrinal slant and that is what I prize about it. I do not have to look out for human opinions that have slipped into the translation. It is slightly more difficult to read, but its pure and that is all important to me.

Interpretation comes through the Holy Spirit . I can never claim that everything I see it 100% correct. I also know that many types and shadows have more than one meaning. For instance: The two tablets of stone that Moses carried also means "Two witnesses" so there is another layer there for those who want to look at it. It will link with Jesus sending the disciples out "two by two" and with the "Two witnesses" in Revelation.

Cornelius,

You make a comment about two "parts" of Christianity. One with the Holy Spirit, and one with out.

I am confused. How can a Christian be a Christian without the Holy Spirit? I guess I have not seen that in the Bible.

I have always been taught that to be a follower of Christ you must have the Spirit of God in you.

Do you believe this to be wrong?

This is off topic , but I will answer you. Some churches teach that you receive the Holy Spirit when you believe. But this is not so and can be seen here too:

Act 8:14 Now when the apostles that were at Jerusalem heard that Samaria had received the word of God, they sent unto them Peter and John:
Act 8:15 who, when they were come down, prayed for them, that they might receive the Holy Spirit:
Act 8:16 for as yet it was fallen upon none of them: only they had been baptized into the name of the Lord Jesus.
(So they were believers and they were already baptized )
Act 8:17 Then laid they their hands on them, and they received the Holy Spirit.

Here is another account where they believed and then later they received the Holy Spirit only after being prayed for.

Act 19:2 and he said unto them, Did ye receive the Holy Spirit when ye believed? And they said unto him, Nay, we did not so much as hear whether the Holy Spirit was given.
Act 19:3 And he said, Into what then were ye baptized? And they said, Into John's baptism.
Act 19:4 And Paul said, John baptized with the baptism of repentance, saying unto the people that they should believe on him that should come after him, that is, on Jesus.
Act 19:5 And when they heard this, they were baptized into the name of the Lord Jesus.
Act 19:6 And when Paul had laid his hands upon them, the Holy Spirit came on them; and they spake with tongues, and prophesied.

They first were baptized with the baptism of John (repentance) then Paul baptized them into the name of the Lord and then he prayed for them and only then did they receive the Holy Spirit.

There are more Christians today that do not believe in the baptism of the Holy Spirit with the evidence of the gifts, then there are Spirit filled Christians.

First lets be clear : The Word of God is the Bible. That is what is referred to when the Bible refers to itself as the Word. The Bible is one manifestation of the Word It is the written form of the Word.
Do you have an actual argument to support these assertions? I trust you are aware that establishing the Bible is divinely inspired does not, by itself, rule out the possibility that other sources of divine authority may be at work in the world.

Act 7:38 This is he that was in the church in the wilderness with the angel that spake to him in the Mount Sinai, and with our fathers: who received living oracles to give unto us:

+ the other texts.
Again - no one is denying that the written scriptures are inspired. However, this does not rule out other authoritative sources as well. I am not so much challenging your thesis as I am your method of establishing it.

Thanks. Just for the record. What is the topic you are wanting to discuss? Or is this more for a blog of sorts?

I do not want to rain on your parade if you are simply wanting to share things without discussion.

I want to study and talk around the Word as the OT suggests. I really do not mind discussing different things, but I know the forum has rules regarding topics and forums like "Bible Study" ; it being for Bible study! I know that any study would create questions and I think the best way for all is to either open another study for the question or take it to another section. It just keeps things in order.

A blog would suggest that I am the only one posting, but that is not true. A positive contribution to the subject matter is welcome and can only enrich us all.

Do you have an actual argument to support these assertions? I trust you are aware that establishing the Bible is divinely inspired does not, by itself, rule out the possibility that other sources of divine authority may be at work in the world.

Again - no one is denying that the written scriptures are inspired. However, this does not rule out other authoritative sources as well. I am not so much challenging your thesis as I am your method of establishing it.

This is not a debate about the Word. This study and my view would indeed be uncomfortable to those who do not share this view. I am not going to try and convince anybody about the Word being the only authority. I believe God is sovereign and even what we believe He has control over. He closes and opens minds.

Luk 24:45 Then opened he their mind, that they might understand the scriptures;

Ok. So then how do you come to the conclusion that the NT writings are equivalent to the OT writings apart from numerics?

I really find this topic interesting. I am still not finding where the NT ever claims to be the "word of God" as the OT does.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back