Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Theistic evolution, what is it ?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Luci said:
I don't understand these views happyjoy... Why even believe in God if EVERYTHING in the world has a natural cause...? And if nothing of the biblical miracles, including Jesus' resurrection, ever happened? If that's the case why believe that there is something more besides the material world, that there is God who cares for us and that we have immortal souls? Without any belief in the "supernatural" we can as well be materialists and atheists.

God is the natural cause of everything. It is not impossible for God to exist, so God exists. Every effect has a cause so God exists. God made the universe. We live in the universe. Things in this universe obviously work in certain ways.

Magic is not one of the ways things work because magic is not real. If you want me to believe in it show me some.

All the threads about evolution, age of the earth whatever come down to this major divide. Is magic real.

happyjoy said:
John said:
Show me some. I don't take the bible as literal so I don't believe the miracles of the bible are literal events.

I think we are done here.

Meaning you can't show any reason to believe in magic.

The word is Miracles not magic for one and for two i do not feel like engaging with an avid atheist at the moment.

John said:
The word is Miracles not magic for one and for two i do not feel like engaging with an avid atheist at the moment.

Miracles or Magic they both describe the same thing. Legs regrowing, mountains moving, blood or virginity having special powers.

happyjoy said:
John said:

Miracles or Magic they both describe the same thing. Legs regrowing, mountains moving, blood or virginity having special powers.

Do you still stand behind your statement that you don't refute Christianity? Can you list that which you are in agreement with? That should be a pretty short list. :shame

mjjcb said:
happyjoy said:
John said:

Do you still stand behind your statement that you don't refute Christianity? Can you list that which you are in agreement with? That should be a pretty short list. :shame

I do not refute the teachings of Jesus.

happyjoy said:
mjjcb said:

I do not refute the teachings of Jesus.

How do you know what they are? :readbible

Biblereader said:
theistic evolution, IN THE END, is a fancy term for another way to trip up ungrounded Christians.
To get them to start, basically, disbelieving the bible.

hmmmm........let's see here. Genesis 1:24 states, "And God said, "Let the land produce living creatures according to their kinds: livestock, creatures that move along the ground, and wild animals, each according to its kind." And it was so." (NIV)

Did God merely 'speak' animals into existence (not what the Bible says) or did he let nature (what the Bible says) do what the evidence tells us happened?

cheers

hmmmm........let's see here. Genesis 1:24 states, "And God said, "Let the land produce living creatures according to their kinds: livestock, creatures that move along the ground, and wild animals, each according to its kind." And it was so." (NIV)

Did God merely 'speak' animals into existence (not what the Bible says) or did he let nature (what the Bible says) do what the evidence tells us happened?

cheers

Let the land produce creatures, and it did, each created kind after its kind. We still only see this today. God spoke them into existence and they reproduced according to their kind.

John said:

cheers

Let the land produce creatures, and it did, each created kind after its kind. We still only see this today. God spoke them into existence and they reproduced according to their kind.

Yet that is not what it says??

Funny thing is, when you read Genesis 1 it makes it quite clear that 'God' did his work by using nature. Christians long before literal creationists were okay with a non-literal reading of Genesis 1 and this was well before the 'evil' theory of evolution so why don't you accept the evidence?

cheers

John said:
The Bible also says that He did it in 6 days. Why can't you accept that? ;)

So what did Adam and Eve feed their pet T-Rex?

happyjoy said:
Luci said:
I don't understand these views happyjoy... Why even believe in God if EVERYTHING in the world has a natural cause...? And if nothing of the biblical miracles, including Jesus' resurrection, ever happened? If that's the case why believe that there is something more besides the material world, that there is God who cares for us and that we have immortal souls? Without any belief in the "supernatural" we can as well be materialists and atheists.

God is the natural cause of everything. It is not impossible for God to exist, so God exists. Every effect has a cause so God exists. God made the universe. We live in the universe. Things in this universe obviously work in certain ways. then answer me why seem to sqeal at the shear mention that god kills innocents. if he is using natural selection, and evolution has no goal. and is a process by the Lord. like any engineer we can blame him for defective workmanship. we do this all the time. i say that if evolution then we can honestly stop praying for the hurting sick. after all thats natural selection in process and lest ye be happy to resist the lord's will to make us better by some "random" mutation and natural event. remember whats good for the species may not be good for the indivual.

when you can honestly answer that then you have the real answer to who and what God is.

jasoncran said:
happyjoy said:
Luci said:

God is the natural cause of everything. It is not impossible for God to exist, so God exists. Every effect has a cause so God exists. God made the universe. We live in the universe. Things in this universe obviously work in certain ways.

Magic is not one of the ways things work because magic is not real. If you want me to believe in it show me some.

All the threads about evolution, age of the earth whatever come down to this major divide. Is magic real.
then answer me why seem to sqeal at the shear mention that god kills innocents. if he is using natural selection, and evolution has no goal. and is a process by the Lord. like any engineer we can blame him for defective workmanship. we do this all the time. i say that if evolution then we can honestly stop praying for the hurting sick. after all thats natural selection in process and lest ye be happy to resist the lord's will to make us better by some "random" mutation and natural event. remember whats good for the species may not be good for the indivual.

when you can honestly answer that then you have the real answer to who and what God is.

Reality is what it is. The world can be a harsh place where many bad things happen. Evolution is real, the earth is old. God still doesn't kill babies or cause earthquakes, or whatever. As for praying, people do that to make themselves feel better. There is no magic. Real life isn't that scary really. Just observe reality. We don't need magic. God still exists with out all the superstitions.

if he is the prime mover by your logic and is using evolution to accomplish creation then he does.

God is A supersition!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! can you prove God? tell me?

can you prove magic any more via the scientific method then the lord, no.
so which is it? happyjoy. is the lord a superstition or not, for if we take the higher power of choose that is the prime mover, say allah, tiamat, and who else ah the flying spaghetti monster.

evolution is still the same isnt it. if God or the higher power is using it then what god is he to you, or are you views of a diestic one(which would fit your non biblical thinking).

you,pick and choose which is superstition, at least be constistent, and accept that you have some "magical object to believe in"

i'm not picking on, just calling you to be consistent.

that is all. my position as a yec is just that. the Lord isnt responsible for those deaths as he is allowing them to happen as judgment as a whole upon man. men sinned and the earht and men were cursed for this. we this daily.

are the innocent sent to hell,no. but he will judge and condemn the unrepentant.

jasoncran said:
if he is the prime mover by your logic and is using evolution to accomplish creation then he does.

God is A supersition!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! can you prove God? tell me?

can you prove magic any more via the scientific method then the lord, no.
so which is it? happyjoy. is the lord a superstition or not, for if we take the higher power of choose that is the prime mover, say allah, tiamat, and who else ah the flying spaghetti monster.

evolution is still the same isnt it. if God or the higher power is using it then what god is he to you, or are you views of a diestic one(which would fit your non biblical thinking).

you,pick and choose which is superstition, at least be constistent, and accept that you have some "magical object to believe in"

i'm not picking on, just calling you to be consistent.

that is all. my position as a yec is just that. the Lord isnt responsible for those deaths as he is allowing them to happen as judgment as a whole upon man. men sinned and the earht and men were cursed for this. we this daily.

are the innocent sent to hell,no. but he will judge and condemn the unrepentant.

Jason if all this magic/miracle/demon/ stuff is true. Show me some. Let's get down to brass tax. It just isn't real. There is reality and there is fantasy. Con men prey on the superstitious for power. Whether it's new agers who believe in Jon Edwards, or christian who believe in Robert Tilton. Its the same, and it is NOT REAL. It is an illusion. Magic is all illusion. Penn and Teller or Pat Robertson are Both Fake.

The universe is governed by natural laws.

then who or what is God to you? what is he? dont dodge the question, you claim to worry about hell, yet claim no such superstitions exists. why worry over something that doesnt exist.

there's no soul to falsifble as that is a metaphysical concept, nor can there be a hell as that too is metaphysical.

you worrry much about something that doesnt exist, then.

happyjoy you cant have it both ways. God be a god yet no miracles, yet theres a heaven.

at least barbarian admits this. that theres a God in heaven.

happyjoy wrote
Show me some. I don't take the bible as literal so I don't believe the miracles of the bible are literal events. Show me some happening right now. No some Ropert Tilton clip, or that guy from Africa with their silly theatrics.

As for the Virgin birth that isn't impossible. There have been documented cases of virgins giving birth. A woman does not necessarily have to have intercourse to get pregnant.
Now that is scary

Lewis W said:
happyjoy said:
John said:
The Bible also says that He did it in 6 days. Why can't you accept that? ;)

So what did Adam and Eve feed their pet T-Rex?
The T-Rex was vegetarian

LOL

On that note healer Rev Popov exposed

[youtube:1pntmlvn]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZ-7beRITYM[/youtube:1pntmlvn]

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back