Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

This Fool Deserves Death

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Lewis

This man deserves death I don't care what some of you passive Christians say. This man should be killed for his actions. And I would pull the switch, and then go out to dinner. And people like Drew on this forum are still going to give this guy mercy, but not me, he needs to be cut up alive. That poor child did not deserve the hand he was dealt, the poor boy did not stand a chance against this low life. I am so mad, at this idiot. And on top of all this the boy was a special needs child. I hope when he gets to jail, somebody gets to him, they can't put this fool in jail population, because he would not last 5 minutes. In cases like this I am strictly Old Testament. And Jesus did not do away with the death penalty.

Police: US man decapitated disabled son, 7<cite class="byline vcard">
</cite>

• This undated mug shot provided by the Lafourche Parish Sheriff's Office on Aug. 15, …
  • Flowers, balloons and stuffed animals are seen outside the home where seven year …

NEW ORLEANS (AP) — A man in the state of Louisiana is accused of bludgeoning, decapitating and dismembering his disabled 7-year-old son and leaving the boy's head near the street so the child's mother would see it — a killing that brought seasoned police officers to tears, authorities said Monday.
Jeremiah Lee Wright, 30, waived his right to an attorney and confessed to killing Jori Lirette within 30 minutes of being brought to the police station Sunday, Police Chief Scott Silverii said. He said Wright was booked with first-degree murder and held in lieu of $5 million bond.
He was in isolation, Silverii said during a Monday afternoon news conference. The department spokesman, Detective Ricky Ross, said he does not believe Wright has an attorney.
Flowers, balloons and stuffed animals were left Monday outside the house where Jori died.
"He was maybe the best thing that ever happened to me," his mother, Jesslyn Lirette, said at the news conference.
A preliminary autopsy found the boy was bludgeoned, decapitated and dismembered, Silverii said. Whatever hit him caused "excessive bleeding in the head," he said.
Silverii said the motive was unclear, though Wright told police "that he'd gotten to the point where he was tired of taking care" of the boy, who had cerebral palsy and heart problems, needed a feeding tube, had limited speech and was in a wheelchair.
"He said when he put his head out by the side of the road it was so the mother would see it when she came by," Silverii said. He said Wright's only explanation for doing so was "just that he wanted her to feel stupid when she saw the head."
The police chief said Jori's feet and one hand also were cut off, recovered with the body in several white plastic garbage bags.
The slaying was the first in Thibodaux since 2008.
Silverii said the boy apparently was decapitated over the kitchen sink, which was sent to the Louisiana State Police crime lab along with a box of tools found nearby. Wright told investigators he began killing the boy about 30 minutes after Lirette had left Sunday to repair her pickup truck so she could take Jori to a doctor on Tuesday.
Police had been called to the house last month when the couple had an argument — possibly about money — though neither person brought charges, Ross said. The police chief said Wright had been arrested a few times previously, though he was never charged with violent crimes. Wright served 10 days for theft in 2005.
Lirette, 27, told The Daily Comet of Thibodaux that she and Wright had been together for 10 years, but that she had planned for some time to leave him.
She said she cared for another disabled person to pay household bills and was still around to care for her son, who had been born three months premature, could say only a few words and weighed no more than 50 pounds (22 kilograms) when he died.
"He was my star. No matter what people think or say, he was always top priority in my life," Lirette said through tears during the news conference. "I've done everything I can for him."

Police: US man decapitated disabled son, 7 - Yahoo! News

Last edited by a moderator:
NEW ORLEANS (AP) — 'A man in the state of Louisiana is accused of ...'

But do you want to be sure of this, or just sound like a bunch in a lynch mob??

This is starting to sound like another thread with 'ones' postings that Christ's Law is no longer!! But that works both ways, huh??

And another question? If you were on the jury, and the evidence was just not there as for the guilt, yet, you were sure 'inside' that he were guilty, would you vote for his execution???

And how about the'good' folks (Matt. 7:20-21) with their & your known false teaching that have people being lined up to fill hell in the Eternal SECOND DEATH, what are you saying about them? or, perhaps is it me the poster who is now frowned at or even hated?? calling him a liberal democrat.. which is far far from the truth!!

And yes, when one is proven guilty whatever the penalty for the crime is, it should be carried out. And as vicious as this 'accused' man crime is, he still would have a trial by the Lord's 'court'! 1 Cor. 6:2-3 And my reason for this [post] is for all of the forum to understand who it is on earth that Christ finds the most guilty of [ALL CRIMES!] Luke 12:47-48 & Matt. 10:5-6 & then verse 15!

Do we want to be like the ones in overseas riots??? Lynce him, lynch him! (like some church's going by only excitement + emotion & feelings, making a lot of noise??) How much better are we than they?? And again, one best start thinking of their own death, if it is going to be the second eternal death of not?

--Elijah

NEW ORLEANS (AP) — 'A man in the state of Louisiana is accused of ...'

But do you want to be sure of this, or just sound like a bunch in a lynch mob??

This is starting to sound like another thread with 'ones' postings that Christ's Law is no longer!! But that works both ways, huh??

And another question? If you were on the jury, and the evidence was just not there as for the guilt, yet, you were sure 'inside' that he were guilty, would you vote for his execution???

And how about the'good' folks (Matt. 7:20-21) with their & your known false teaching that have people being lined up to fill hell in the Eternal SECOND DEATH, what are you saying about them? or, perhaps is it me the poster who is now frowned at or even hated?? calling him a liberal democrat.. which is far far from the truth!!

And yes, when one is proven guilty whatever the penalty for the crime is, it should be carried out. And as vicious as this 'accused' man crime is, he still would have a trial by the Lord's 'court'! 1 Cor. 6:2-3 And my reason for this [post] is for all of the forum to understand who it is on earth that Christ finds the most guilty of [ALL CRIMES!] Luke 12:47-48 & Matt. 10:5-6 & then verse 15!

Do we want to be like the ones in overseas riots??? Lynce him, lynch him! (like some church's going by only excitement + emotion & feelings, making a lot of noise??) How much better are we than they?? And again, one best start thinking of their own death, if it is going to be the second eternal death of not?

--Elijah

There won't be a jury. He confessed.

There is no question of his guilt...he has admitted he did it.

Jeremiah Lee Wright, 30, waived his right to an attorney and confessed to killing Jori Lirette within 30 minutes of being brought to the police station Sunday, Police Chief Scott Silverii said.

Wright told police "that he'd gotten to the point where he was tired of taking care" of the boy, who had cerebral palsy and heart problems, needed a feeding tube, had limited speech and was in a wheelchair.
"He said when he put his head out by the side of the road it was so the mother would see it when she came by," Silverii said. He said Wright's only explanation for doing so was "just that he wanted her to feel stupid when she saw the head."

Wright told investigators he began killing the boy about 30 minutes after Lirette had left Sunday to repair her pickup truck so she could take Jori to a doctor on Tuesday.

I honestly don't know what to say.. God must be merciful to free him from the devil. As for the little boy, it should be his happiest day as he will be with Christ forever in Heaven.

Caycee Anthony confessed.

I could pull the plug, flip the switch, drop the plank, etc.. God does not need our concept of time to present His salvation message.
Many threads in many forums have shown God set capital punishment in motion. They have also shown there is mercy to be considered. God's plan is a good one.

[B said:
Drummer4Christ[/B]]

Reba said:
Caycee Anthony confessed.

Good point, Reba. A confession to the police, while it does take away the doubt of guilt, in no way means that there won't be a trial and that the confessed murderer won't go free.

I don't think that will happen in this case though. There really isn't any mystery here, and the guy confessed within 30 minutes of him being taken downtown.

Can the love and mercy of Christ come to him after such a horrible deed? Yes, it can. Does this mean that the state of Louisiana has no "right" to put him to death for what he did to his own, helpless son, or that God does not give the government the sword to enact punishment to such a one? They do, because He does indeed.

When I read the article I feel immensely sad. :sad
But I do not feel the need to "punish", nor to make his death painful.
I feel sad for the conditions of men that cause them to do such crimes, and feel urged to do more to prevent them. But I do not feel any rage at the criminal - he is broken. Can he be rehabilitated? Perhaps, perhaps not. I think it's worth finding out. Perhaps life in prison for a rehabilitated man could result in advocacy for the helpless that saves another life. Perhaps the article hints that this man would not be such a person, in which case it makes sense to simply remove him from society.

I'm for the death penalty in cases of unrehabilitatable criminal impulse; a quick, quiet, sad necessity to protect other humans. But I don't see what good comes from anger or punishment. I support removing dangerous people from society, and have no particular problem with death penalty if there is no good to be gained by jailing them for life.

But I still don't agree with the anger, the readiness to "flip the switch" and be the one to exact punishment and retribution.

I feel monumental sadness for the boy and his mother. But I'm not able to see what good comes from the hate and anger towards the criminal.

When I read the article I feel immensely sad. :sad
But I do not feel the need to "punish", nor to make his death painful.
I feel sad for the conditions of men that cause them to do such crimes, and feel urged to do more to prevent them. But I do not feel any rage at the criminal - he is broken. Can he be rehabilitated? Perhaps, perhaps not. I think it's worth finding out. Perhaps life in prison for a rehabilitated man could result in advocacy for the helpless that saves another life. Perhaps the article hints that this man would not be such a person, in which case it makes sense to simply remove him from society.

I'm for the death penalty in cases of unrehabilitatable criminal impulse; a quick, quiet, sad necessity to protect other humans. But I don't see what good comes from anger or punishment. I support removing dangerous people from society, and have no particular problem with death penalty if there is no good to be gained by jailing them for life.

But I still don't agree with the anger, the readiness to "flip the switch" and be the one to exact punishment and retribution.

I feel monumental sadness for the boy and his mother. But I'm not able to see what good comes from the hate and anger towards the criminal.
I agree here. Whether I support the death penalty or not for this guy, and for the sake of the argument let's say I believe justice would be done if this guy received the death penalty, I see no reason to be gleeful about this person's demise.

:twocents

No, I don't see a need to be "gleeful" either....as a matter of fact, I would view any "glee" at this man's death as sinful.

Do not rejoice when your enemy falls,
And do not let your heart be glad when he stumbles;
Or the LORD will see it and be displeased,
And turn His anger away from him. Proverbs 24:17-18

I honestly think that death would be the most humane thing to do...he really won't be able to remain in prison society...all corrections personnel admit that those who harm children do not get treated...well...on the inside. The man is only 30, if he is put in prison, he'll most likely have to live in solitary confinement...for the next 40 to 50 years...23 hours a day alone.

When it comes to rehabilitation...I don't know...I truly don't. I believe that we, as a society, and our government, as God's chosen vessel of sword bearing and vengeance...have the "right" to put persons who commit atrocities to death. And, killing and decapitating one's own son and putting his little boy's head where the mother would be sure to find it, so that she would "feel stupid"...describes someone who certainly deserves death.

Rehabilitation requires too much second-guessing as to what is in another's heart. In the extremely controlled environment of prison...especially solitary confinement...when most of the interaction that a person has is with state mandated psychiatric care, it's easy to think that one has achieved "rehabilitation" and get sent back into society. But, when the criminal gets back outside...and societal pressures begin to mount...they snap and go back and kill again. This has happened many, many times.

Perhaps a rehabilitated murderer has helped prevent other loss of life...I don't know if this is really something that can be proved.

But, it's been proven, over and over, especially in the case of child killers, that supposedly "rehabilitated" offenders go out and kill again.

Well' yes God forgives and even so, He still in many cases allows the consequences of your actions, to take it's course.

Genesis 6:9 If man sheds man's blood, by man shall his blood be shed. For in the image of God made He man.

And please don't hit me with the, we are living under grace argument. I have said on this board a thousand times, that the moral part of the 613 laws in the OT still stand.

I had a hard time reading the article. Honestly, it's taken me several times viewing this thread to actually get the courage up to read the details... and now I feel like puking and my stomach hurts.

Rhea, I think my sentiments most reflect yours, although I know if I let myself dwell on it, anger is just simmering above the hurt and if I entertained the anger, it wouldn't take long for it to consume me.

I think about the times that Jesus got angry, and what caused him to get angry, but most importantly what he did with his anger. What keeps coming back is that he always made things better when he acted in anger.

Does this man need to be in society? Absolutely not. He needs to be taken out of society. But more so, what would cause somebody to do such an awful thing to their own child? I disagree, but I could almost understand his anguish over his son, but to cut him into pieces and leave the childs head where his mother would see him is beyond my comprehension. But worse, I can't wrap my mind around his words, "I want her to feel stupid". This tells me that it was never really about the child, but the woman.

To cause that much intended pain on somebody else shows such selfishness that it doesn't take much for me to conclude that the world would be a much better place without this man based on what I've just read. Maybe there is more to the story, but regardless, as to his why... it's just so inhumane and we ought not entertain the idea of rehabilitation, but rather we should cut to the chase, do what needs to be done and move on...

For those opposed to the death penalty in this case, I really need to ask, "What good could come of letting this man live" because simply put, we know what he is capable of, so what kind of an influence would he be on those with a weaker moral or esteem and if he did have a conscience, don't you think that sooner or later when his atrocity hit him, don't you think he would want to kill himself?

Grace and Peace.

Rehabilitation requires too much second-guessing as to what is in another's heart. In the extremely controlled environment of prison...especially solitary confinement...when most of the interaction that a person has is with state mandated psychiatric care, it's easy to think that one has achieved "rehabilitation" and get sent back into society. But, when the criminal gets back outside...and societal pressures begin to mount...they snap and go back and kill again. This has happened many, many times.

Perhaps a rehabilitated murderer has helped prevent other loss of life...I don't know if this is really something that can be proved.

But, it's been proven, over and over, especially in the case of child killers, that supposedly "rehabilitated" offenders go out and kill again.

Just to clarify; a rehabilitated person does not have to be returned to society. I was thinking in terms of some other rather atrocious criminals who, in prison, saw the horror of their crimes and, from prison, acted to educate others about that path. So they were rehabilitated, they improved society by their actions, and yet, they remained behind bars because society never felt truly comfortable with their rehabilitation if released. But they did indeed go on to "do good" even while that was from behind bars.

So it doesn't have to be second guessing, and it doesn't have to be immediate, and it doesn't have to be "released" upon rehabilitation.

Off topic here, but I further think that death penalty should be something that inmates can volunteer for. They may want to try to rehabilitate, only to find life behind bars too painful, or life in solitary too painful. Or, in one case, life on medication with the new knowledge of their crime - too painful. I would want to offer those prisoners the option of choosing the death penalty over finishing a life sentence - because at that point the life sentence is merely torture.

I guess my view of the death penalty turns out to be a sad but necessary protection of society, never something we "deserve" to mete out, and not something that someone "ought" to get. Not a punishment or a retribution or even a "justice". Just a sad necessity sometimes for the purpose of protection.

Hi Rhea,

Know that I do very much appreciate your tender heart in this matter. But the question I have is this.

How long does society suffer the burden, even if only financial, of an individual who has committed such a horrific crime?

I can't forgive this man, because he has done no wrong to me. Perhaps the Mother of the boy who was hacked up should have some say in this man's destiny. But I do know this, if anyone ever hacked up my son and put his head in my driveway for me to see when I got home, ... the only court appearance I would be going to would be my own. :nono2 :grumpy

The Lord Himself created the death penalty, not man. And Jesus did not do away with it. God has ordained man to kill these types of people Romans 13. People today know that they can get appeal after appeal, and by time they finish they have lived a extra 20 years. Solomon said when you have to kill them, do it quickly or the hearts of men will be set to do this crime again. In other words when people see that you have wiped this guy of the face of the earth real fast, they will think before they act. Passive people have put us in a dangerous spot. Yes we are to forgive, but we are to be harsh when needed too. Setting that poor child's head out in the driveway for the mother to see, warrants death, and death quickly.

No, I don't see a need to be "gleeful" either....as a matter of fact, I would view any "glee" at this man's death as sinful.

Do not rejoice when your enemy falls,
And do not let your heart be glad when he stumbles;
Or the LORD will see it and be displeased,
And turn His anger away from him. Proverbs 24:17-18

I honestly think that death would be the most humane thing to do...he really won't be able to remain in prison society...all corrections personnel admit that those who harm children do not get treated...well...on the inside. The man is only 30, if he is put in prison, he'll most likely have to live in solitary confinement...for the next 40 to 50 years...23 hours a day alone.

When it comes to rehabilitation...I don't know...I truly don't. I believe that we, as a society, and our government, as God's chosen vessel of sword bearing and vengeance...have the "right" to put persons who commit atrocities to death. And, killing and decapitating one's own son and putting his little boy's head where the mother would be sure to find it, so that she would "feel stupid"...describes someone who certainly deserves death.

or killed like dahmer was by a fellow death row inmate whose relative was a victim of dahmer.

The Lord Himself created the death penalty, not man. And Jesus did not do away with it. God has ordained man to kill these types of people Romans 13. People today know that they can get appeal after appeal, and by time they finish they have lived a extra 20 years. Solomon said when you have to kill them, do it quickly or the hearts of men will be set to do this crime again. In other words when people see that you have wiped this guy of the face of the earth real fast, they will think before they act. Passive people have put us in a dangerous spot. Yes we are to forgive, but we are to be harsh when needed too. Setting that poor child's head out in the driveway for the mother to see, warrants death, and death quickly.
ya know i would agree, but well pm me. or read what i stated elsewhere.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back