Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Thoughts on Joel Osteen

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Mormonism is another gospel ..
And the problem is that many Christians don't realize this. This is why it just doesn't do to say that they believe Jesus is the Son of God whom was raised from the dead--they believe Jesus is a literal son of the Father through physical, sexual intimacy with his heavenly wife, and is just one of many gods, as is the Father (I'm sure you know; this is for the benefit of those who don't).

We are to call out false teachers according to the Bible, we just need to make sure that what they are teaching is actually false.

Sweet nice fluff does not a cover up another gospel... Letting folks think they are on the right path, from the pulpit, is about as bad as one can get... i so agree Free

Sweet nice fluff does not a cover up another gospel... Letting folks think they are on the right path, from the pulpit, is about as bad as one can get... i so agree Free
Joel says Mormons are brothers in Christ..... kind a makes you wonder doesn't it?:confusedWhat about gay Mormons? :poke

A post with some thought behind it. Good.

I don't like false doctrine "According" to what "I Believe" I have also not just picked Joel to defend, I have defended every Pastor that people have run down ignorantly on this site. Judging others brings Judgement on yourself, and if I can wake some up here and save them grief, being ignorant on how spiritual laws work, then good.

I would recommend People listen to what I listen to, and it's not Joel. I have heard Joel a lot of times, and He delivers a good upbeat message for anyone who is down on themselves, doubt God's Love, and in general knows very little about scriptures, but just needs loved on.

Nothing Joel Preaches is against Scriptures. I know lots of scriptures.

Joel gets blasted not for preaching against scriptures, He get's blasted for not preaching what people like to hear.

As for is Joel is concerned, everyone is going to make it. People have a very big issue with that, but then they would have a issue with God also.

Mormons for example, do Love the Lord, and Joel based his comments on Mitt Romney most likely the only Mormon Joel has heard. Mitt Romney said Jesus is the Son of God, and was raised from the dead. Good enough for Joel, Mitt is all good to go.

If God had the attitude we did, then He would not have sent his Son. God would have said screw them, their heathens. God however in Jer 29:11 said he is not thinking evil of us, or thinking we won't make it. God is hoping we make it, hoping we obey, hoping we make the right choice.

God will save us to the utmost, giving chance, after chance. Joel is a lot like this, He refuses to condemn anyone or talk bad about them.

Lewis, thank you for the intelligent Post. Joel does believe Jesus is the Only way, Joel is not going to put off any group, because it makes it impossible to help them later. Churches that slam the Catholic belief, Calling praying to Mary idol worship do not help any Catholics. All that may be true, but I see more and more how important it is to protect our witness with the others.

We can examine the doctrine, but we should never put down the man. Joel is not the only one that sounds like Joel, it's only because Joel had been blessed to the point of being noticed, there are many more Joels out there.

Mike.
Surely Joel knew that Mormons believe in a different Jesus despite Romney not specifically saying that in the interview. I can see how a Christian attending a gay wedding so that at least there is someone there to be a Christlike example and maybe speak up about the truth of the matter might be helpful, but Joel did not state that this was the reason he might go to a gay wedding.

I am not trying to put down Joel. He has a lot of followers and who knows...maybe 10 years down the road he could change, perhaps by maturing as a Christian and admitting he was wrong about some things when he was younger??

I am not trying to put down Joel. He has a lot of followers and who knows...maybe 10 years down the road he could change, perhaps by maturing as a Christian and admitting he was wrong about some things when he was younger??

I can sure tell ya i am not the same Christian as i was in my youth...

I can sure tell ya i am not the same Christian as i was in my youth...
Amen Reba! I have matured a lot since my youth too and still have a long way to go. I pray that Joel Osteen matures as well. I am not trying to say that he has more maturing to do than I do, he is open and honest about these views he has that many consider contrary to scripture.

And I think that this applies to going to gay weddings as well. For those people who know that a certain person is a Christian at a gay wedding, both those in attendance and those who didn't attend, it appears as though that Christian supports gay marriage, and by extension, that either the Bible supports it or that what the Bible says is irrelevant.

That is to say, going to a gay wedding "lets folks think they are on the right path."

Surely Joel knew that Mormons believe in a different Jesus despite Romney not specifically saying that in the interview. I can see how a Christian attending a gay wedding so that at least there is someone there to be a Christlike example and maybe speak up about the truth of the matter might be helpful, but Joel did not state that this was the reason he might go to a gay wedding.

I certainly know more things than I do now. I hope Joel is learning and growing everyday.

Joel won't preach against any group, or put anyone down. I don't see a problem with that. If we want to hear others put down others, then we need to listen to someone else besides Joel. I personally don't care for it, even if someone deserves it.

Also, I don't have anything against Mormons, some of them are very sincere in what they believe. Being in Salt Lake for awhile, and seeing lots of them on the street with signs warning about Sin, I think is not bright, but it shows they believe and have a conviction.

I believe I am going to get to be a Pastor again, and I am going to teach healing, and God wants to bless you. God has certainly done amazing things in my life, and He is no respecter of persons. I am going to rub people's doctrine the wrong way, and don't need a bunch of seed ready for harvest later.

There are some in Ministry right now I would love to see removed. Fake healing, saying you heard God when you actually have a hidden mic in your ear, is lying against the Holy Spirit.

To me, the heart is the most important thing, and Joel has a awesome heart for everyone. He also gives most of all that 23 million that comes into his church to help kids, other churches, and takes a mere 200,000 salary for his own family. I don't see him pull for money, or con people. The money he has personally made came from books he has written, and I don't see an issue someone making money off of something they produced.

People grow and change, and a big Shock to me that Kenneth Copeland admitted he is Learning faith from my Pastor. Kenneth Watches my Pastor every single time He is on. That sort of shocked me, concerning a lot my Pastor Learned came from Kenneth, but My Pastor teaches faith in a more complete way besides confessing what you believe.

We are all growing hopefully, and we don't need to tear people down. If they are not against us, then we should at least leave them alone.

Mike.

What are you saying?

One of the biggest lies Believers believe from the devil is they are a watchman who have to warn everyone and judge. We are suppose to life up and exhort.
When someone tries to warn me of some bad teaching, or preacher. What I really hear is that I am so stupid as not to understand who the Heck I need to listen to. Thing is, I have heard some of the most convoluted doctrines right here on this forum. Things I never thought people would be stupid enough to believe. Hearing Joel say God wants to bless you and pay your bills is 110% truth compared to some of the nonsense I have read here.

One brother who was released from prison, the Lord kept his wife, set him up as a assistant Pastor, was moving him in his calling. The wife wrote us in prison to let us know what happened to him. He was trying to make ends meet when he left prison, and thought just one more drug drop to catch the bills ups, that was all. They found him dead in a alley with his bullet in his head. He was a great brother, and for a long time I could not figure out why the Lord could not have had more mercy. The Lord told me two things took place. Violation of Light, and His constantly judging others for sin and bad doctrine.

Come, ye children, hearken unto me: I will teach you the fear of the LORD. What man is he that desireth life, and loveth many days, that he may see good? Keep thy tongue from evil, and thy lips from speaking guile.
(Psa 34:11-13)

And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption. Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking, be put away from you, with all malice: And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you.
(Eph 4:30-32)

The Lord knoweth how to deliver the godly out of temptations, and to reserve the unjust unto the day of judgment to be punished: But chiefly them that walk after the flesh in the lust of uncleanness, and despise government. Presumptuous are they, selfwilled, they are not afraid to speak evil of dignities.
(2Pe 2:9-10)

The Lord knows how to judge, we have enough to judge our own under us and have to be faithful in it. We have to reap, putting anyone down, even those who by all accounts need put down. Let the foolish of heart speak evil of someone else, I don't want that latter in my own life.

Blessings.

And I think that this applies to going to gay weddings as well. For those people who know that a certain person is a Christian at a gay wedding, both those in attendance and those who didn't attend, it appears as though that Christian supports gay marriage, and by extension, that either the Bible supports it or that what the Bible says is irrelevant.

That is to say, going to a gay wedding "lets folks think they are on the right path."
Do you think God goes to gay weddings?
Of course he does, and I don't want him to be alone.

That is not what it has to mean. It means you love the person and you are there for them. They know you are a Christian and God's love is there for them when they need you.

Romans 2:4 Or do you show contempt for the riches of his kindness, tolerance and patience, not realizing that God's kindness leads you toward repentance?

I also know this is how I found the true God. I repented like crazy when I understood God's kindness, not man's kindness......God's kindness.

I think far too many of us forget that God TOLD us to go to all the unsaved, not to decide which ones were "OK" and worth saving, and shun the rest. We are fooling ourself if all we do is go "preach at them", without showing them we actually care about them. Or, is it that, perhaps, we honestly, don't?

Last edited:
My sister who was very far from God even a couple years ago, likes Joel. She is coming back to Jesus and maybe she needed Joel's positive words. But, he does need to have more of this in what he preaches:

John 6:29 Jesus answered, "The work of God is this: to believe in the one he has sent." ~ talking about himself

and

Romans 10:9 That is you confess with you mouth, "Jesus is Lord" and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

My sister who was very far from God even a couple years ago, likes Joel. She is coming back to Jesus and maybe she needed Joel's positive words. But, he does need to have more of this in what he preaches:

John 6:29 Jesus answered, "The work of God is this: to believe in the one he has sent." ~ talking about himself

and

Romans 10:9 That is you confess with you mouth, "Jesus is Lord" and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

Joel needs to change and add more of something to what He preaches?

That is like saying Walmart needs to do transmissions, as they are the only ones that work on cars and don't extend their services to transmissions.

We should start a thread on How Walmart is not following the full mechanics gospel.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back