Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

Three person God identified in the Bible?

Where is the three person God identified in the Bible?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Its clear to me the source of the witness is the one and same God, "The" "Father" from whom all things came.
In the past God spoke to our ancestors through the prophets at many times and in various ways, 2 but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed heir of all things, and through whom also he made the universe.

The Sons witness - through whom all things came
What does Jesus state about this witness?
John 12
“If anyone hears my words but does not keep them, I do not judge that person. For I did not come to judge the world, but to save the world. 48There is a judge for the one who rejects me and does not accept my words; the very words I have spoken will condemn them at the last day. 49For I did not speak on my own, but the Father who sent me commanded me to say all that I have spoken. 50I know that his command leads to eternal life. So whatever I say is just what the Father has told me to say.”

Jesus then is the "word" of the "Father" (God) - From the Father but given through the Son

John 16:13
The Holy Spirits witness
But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all the truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come.

They will ALL be taught by "GOD" specifically the Father.
John 6:45
45 It is written in the Prophets: ‘They will all be taught by God.’ Everyone who has heard the Father and learned from him comes to me.

Of course about that Son the "Father" spoke "through" - the imprint of Gods very being -the image of the invisible God or ALL that the Father is
Hebrews 1:3
The Son is the radiance of God’s glory and the exact representation of his being, sustaining all things by his powerful word.
Col 1:15
The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation.

The exalted Jesus in heaven holds to the testimony that the one on the throne in heaven is "His" God and "His" Father

The Church does see and state this despite adding language such as coeternal, coequal

In the same context
The Father unbegotten
The Son begotten of the Father before all worlds,
It looks like to me that you have a great grasp on it Randy.

The Word is the expression of thought, intent and will.

The Son expressed the will of the Father.

The Spirit of Christ spoke through the prophets.

Of this salvation the prophets have inquired and searched carefully, who prophesied of the grace that would come to you, searching what, or what manner of time, the Spirit of Christ who was in them was indicating when He testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ and the glories that would follow. 1 Peter 1:10-11

Example:

The burden of the word of the LORD against Israel. Thus says the LORD, who stretches out the heavens, lays the foundation of the earth, and forms the spirit of man within him:… And I will pour on the house of David and on the inhabitants of Jerusalem the Spirit of grace and supplication; then they will look on Me whom they pierced. Yes, they will mourn for Him as one mourns for his only son, and grieve for Him as one grieves for a firstborn. Zechariah 12:1,10

JLB
No its the named Deity in living IN Jesus doing His work as I read.
John 14:10
Don’t you believe that I am in the Father, and that the Father is in me? The words I say to you I do not speak on my own authority. Rather, it is the Father, living in me, who is doing his work.

I have a named Deity living in Jesus by Jesus. There is only one true Deity regardless on how many persons you state.
John 17:3
Now this is eternal life: that they know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent.
Living In Him, the Son, not Him but the Father. The Son sat down "with" the Father on His "Fathers" throne. The one the Son calls His God as well.
Col 2:9 In this manner God in the flesh and Jesus named that One true Deity. The Father.
For in Christ all the fullness of the Deity lives in bodily form,

The named Deity created through, by and for Jesus. It is the Father living in Him doing His works.
Hebrews 1
In the past God spoke to our ancestors through the prophets at many times and in various ways, 2 but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed heir of all things, and through whom also he made the universe.

Rev 4:11
You are worthy, our Lord and God, to receive glory and honor and power, for you created all things, and by your will they were created and have their being.”
The named Deity IN HIM doing His works

Col 1:16
For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him.

FROM WHOM ALL THINGS CAME (God) (VS) (Lord) THROUGH WHOM ALL THINGS CAME
1 corth:8-6
yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom all things came and for whom we live; and there is but one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things came and through whom we live.

Do you understand that in what I said, it means they have always been eternally distinct persons—there has never been a time when all three did not exist?
I wouldn't state that with "certainty" even about the Father.

God in speaking about a God such as Himself stated...
Isaiah 43:10
“You are my witnesses,” declares the LORD, “and my servant whom I have chosen, so that you may know and believe me and understand that I am he. Before me no god was formed, nor will there be one after me.

So then the only answer from above is that if the Father has a beginning it could NOT be by any other being.

It looks like to me that you have a great grasp on it Randy.
Many years ago I asked Jesus as one who believes in Him, "Can anyone explain the trinity?". He was pleased to give me understanding. I still counsel others He still lives and answers prayers. He loves all His children who the Father has given Him.

James 1:5
If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you.

Do you understand that in what I said, it means they have always been eternally distinct persons—there has never been a time when all three did not exist?
The Word has always existed. God is Spirit, so yes, the pre-incarnate Jesus was Spirit. Still only one though, and we don't have the Father until the birth of Jesus.

The Word has always existed. God is Spirit, so yes, the pre-incarnate Jesus was Spirit. Still only one though, and we don't have the Father until the birth of Jesus.
God has always been three distinct persons—the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. That is what the sum of the biblical evidence tells us, or at least strongly hints at.

I wouldn't state that with "certainty" even about the Father.

God in speaking about a God such as Himself stated...
Isaiah 43:10
“You are my witnesses,” declares the LORD, “and my servant whom I have chosen, so that you may know and believe me and understand that I am he. Before me no god was formed, nor will there be one after me.

So then the only answer from above is that if the Father has a beginning it could NOT be by any other being.
Except that if the Father had a beginning, then he cannot be God, and there necessarily must be another who caused him to come into being. The above verse is a statement of monotheism only.

God has always been three distinct persons—the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. That is what the sum of the biblical evidence tells us, or at least strongly hints at.
Well, The one God is Spirit, he is our heavenly Father, and he was present with us in the flesh for a season, but I'm only seeing one God. I'm taking a break for now. Bye.

No its the named Deity in living IN Jesus doing His work as I read.
John 14:10
Don’t you believe that I am in the Father, and that the Father is in me? The words I say to you I do not speak on my own authority. Rather, it is the Father, living in me, who is doing his work.

You must rightly divide the work of the Man Jesus Christ, who was born of a virgin, in which He ”became” a little lower than the angels, with the the Lord God,YHWH, who spoke through the mouth of the prophets and created the heavens and the earth.

Here in Zechariah we see the Son, the Lord God, YHWH the covenant keeping God of Israel, prophesying about when He as the Messiah, a flesh and blood Man, would be pierced.

JLB

Well, The one God is Spirit, he is our heavenly Father, and he was present with us in the flesh for a season, but I'm only seeing one God. I'm taking a break for now. Bye.

What about the Son and the Holy Spirit?

Do you believe they also are God?

JLB

What about the Son and the Holy Spirit?

Do you believe they also are God?

JLB
Father, Son and Holy Spirit are One God. 1 John 5:7 and 1 Timothy 3:16 Mark 12:29 and others.

This is why I tremble in fear when I see the Almighty God being divided.

Last edited:
I only see one God too, which is exactly what the doctrine of the Trinity states. But God has existed for "eternity past" as three distinct, coequal, consubstantial persons, as God reveals to us in the Bible.

You posted John 5:6-8. That’s about the man Jesus healed by the pool. That’s not what your post was about
Found it! Post 793. I posted John 5:6-8 instead of 1 John 5:6-8.

I went back to change it, but I was out of time. 30 minutes is not long enough.

I do apologise, I hate anything like that, but I did try. I'm sorry.

Found it! Post 793. I posted John 5:6-8 instead of 1 John 5:6-8.

I went back to change it, but I was out of time. 30 minutes is not long enough.

I do apologise, I hate anything like that, but I did try. I'm sorry.
I have the power and made it happen, just so that we prevent any confusion for someone late to the discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back