Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

Three person God identified in the Bible?

Where is the three person God identified in the Bible?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, however you are a spirit, you have a soul and you occupy a flesh body.

The scriptures teach us that the Father beget the Son.

1. God the Father is an individual divine Being.
  2. God the Son, who was begotten of the Father, is an individual divine Being.
  3. God the Holy Spirit who the Son was born of, is a divine individual being.

That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. John 3:6

We are sons of God because we are born of the Spirit.

JLB
Hence, the word 'not' giving us three god's, instead of thinking maybe the one universal God is a composite of all three.

But, as I have proven, there is not a single verse in the Bible to support that God is an absolute unity, as you are. That is a central issue with your position.
How about toning it down a bit?

Deuteronomy 6:4 “Hear, O Israel! The Lord is our God, the Lord is one!

Mark 12:29 Jesus answered, “The foremost is, ‘Hear, O Israel! The Lord our God is one Lord;

Job 23:13 “But He is unique and who can turn Him? And what His soul desires, that He does.

Mark 12:32 The scribe said to Him, “Right, Teacher; You have truly stated that He is One, and there is no one else besides Him;

Romans 3:30 since indeed God who will justify the circumcised by faith and the uncircumcised through faith is one.

Galatians 3:20 Now a mediator is not for one party only; whereas God is only one.

Zechariah 14:9 And the Lord will be king over all the earth; in that day the Lord will be the only one, and His name the only one. (Jesus)

1 Corinthians 8:4 Therefore concerning the eating of things sacrificed to idols, we know that there is no such thing as an idol in the world, and that there is no God but one.

James 2:19 You believe that God is one. You do well; the demons also believe, and shudder.

Ephesians 4:6 one God and Father of all who is over all and through all and in all.

Jesus was born of both the flesh and the spirit. He is God made visible. "I and the Father are one."

Jesus was begotten before the foundation of the world.

Jesus created everything.

Jesus spoke through the mouth of the prophets.

Jesus appeared to Abraham and made covenant with him.

Jesus appeared to Moses out of the burning bush.

Jesus rescued the three Hebrew children from the fire.

Then King Nebuchadnezzar was astonished; and he rose in haste and spoke, saying to his counselors, “Did we not cast three men bound into the midst of the fire?”
They answered and said to the king, “True, O king.”
“Look!” he answered, “I see four men loose, walking in the midst of the fire; and they are not hurt, and the form of the fourth is like the Son of God.” Daniel 3:24-25

JLB

Then King Nebuchadnezzar was astonished; and he rose in haste and spoke, saying to his counselors, “Did we not cast three men bound into the midst of the fire?”
“Look!” he answered, “I see four men loose, walking in the midst of the fire; and they are not hurt, and the form of the fourth is like the Son of God.” Daniel 3:24-25

JLB
Brilliant. Jesus is the Alpha and Omega the beginning and the end.

Mark 12:29 Jesus answered, “The foremost is, ‘Hear, O Israel! The Lord our God is one Lord;

Job 23:13 “But He is unique and who can turn Him? And what His soul desires, that He does.

Mark 12:32 The scribe said to Him, “Right, Teacher; You have truly stated that He is One, and there is no one else besides Him;

Romans 3:30 since indeed God who will justify the circumcised by faith and the uncircumcised through faith is one.

Galatians 3:20 Now a mediator is not for one party only; whereas God is only one.

Zechariah 14:9 And the Lord will be king over all the earth; in that day the Lord will be the only one, and His name the only one. (Jesus)

1 Corinthians 8:4 Therefore concerning the eating of things sacrificed to idols, we know that there is no such thing as an idol in the world, and that there is no God but one.

James 2:19 You believe that God is one. You do well; the demons also believe, and shudder.

Ephesians 4:6 one God and Father of all who is over all and through all and in all.

You covered the Son.

Let the Son cover the Father.
John 17:3
Now this is eternal life: that they know you, the only true God, AND Jesus Christ, whom you have sent.
So since Jesus is the mediator between God and man He is NOT the Father.
1 Corinthians 15:27 If it does not include how can they be the same person?
For he “has put everything under his feet.” Now when it says that “everything” has been put under him, it is clear that this does not include God himself, who put everything under Christ.
Is God talking to Himself and doesn't God already have all authority IN HIMSELF? He exalted His Son. The Jesus in heaven sat down with the Father on His "Father's" throne. "Begotten of the Father before all worlds"
referenced by the Hebrew that wrote Hebrews
Psalm 45:7
You love righteousness and hate wickedness; therefore God, your God, has set you above your companions by anointing you with the oil of joy.

Nobody denies that Jesus does the Fathers works. In the beginning, the Son of Man, and the exalted Lord Jesus at the right hand of God.

John 10
Jesus answered them, “Is it not written in your Law, ‘I have said you are “gods” ? 35If he called them ‘gods,’ to whom the word of God came—and Scripture cannot be set aside— 36what about the one whom the Father set apart as his very own and sent into the world? Why then do you accuse me of blasphemy because I said, ‘I am God’s Son’? 37Do not believe me unless I do the works of my Father. 38But if I do them, even though you do not believe me, believe the works, that you may know and understand that the Father is in me, and I in the Father.” 39Again they tried to seize him, but he escaped their grasp.
The Deity "living" in the Son was identified by Jesus Himself as the "Father" and as He states "His God" and "Our God". In that manner they are ONE. In that manner the Son is the imprint of Gods very being. And by that Deity Jesus can do at will "the Fathers" works.

Before the world began, Before all things. By the will of another.
Col 1:19
For in him all the fullness of God was pleased to dwell,
John 14:10
Don’t you believe that I am in the Father, and that the Father is in me? The words I say to you I do not speak on my own authority. Rather, it is the Father, living in me, who is doing his work.

Col 2-9
For in Christ all the fullness of the Deity lives in bodily form,

So I read one true Deity the Father and the fullness of that same Deity in the Son and they are ONE. As in One God and One Lord. (From whom all things came and through whom all things came) Unbegotten and begotten of the Father before all worlds.

Again who gave Jesus the "glory" of this "Oneness"? Let Jesus Himself answer.
John 17:22-23
I have given them the glory that you gave me, that they may be one as we are one23I in them and you in me—so that they may be brought to complete unity. Then the world will know that you sent me and have loved them even as you have loved me.

Jesus has always been the Son. He sat on His Fathers throne.

Not one of those verses says that God is one in the way you are saying God is one—an absolute unity. They are statements of monotheism only which the doctrine of the Trinity fully affirms.

JLB
Jesus is the word of the Father. So if Jesus spoke through the prophets it was the Father in Him doing His works.
Hebrews 1
In the past God spoke to our ancestors through the prophets at many times and in various ways, 2 but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son,

Jesus answered, “My teaching is not my own. It comes from the one who sent me.

You covered the Son.

Let the Son cover the Father.
John 17:3
Now this is eternal life: that they know you, the only true God, AND Jesus Christ, whom you have sent.
So since Jesus is the mediator between God and man He is NOT the Father.
1 Corinthians 15:27 If it does not include how can they be the same person?
For he “has put everything under his feet.” Now when it says that “everything” has been put under him, it is clear that this does not include God himself, who put everything under Christ.
Is God talking to Himself and doesn't God already have all authority IN HIMSELF? He exalted His Son. The Jesus in heaven sat down with the Father on His "Father's" throne. "Begotten of the Father before all worlds"
referenced by the Hebrew that wrote Hebrews
Psalm 45:7
You love righteousness and hate wickedness; therefore God, your God, has set you above your companions by anointing you with the oil of joy.

Nobody denies that Jesus does the Fathers works. In the beginning, the Son of Man, and the exalted Lord Jesus at the right hand of God.

John 10
Jesus answered them, “Is it not written in your Law, ‘I have said you are “gods” ? 35If he called them ‘gods,’ to whom the word of God came—and Scripture cannot be set aside— 36what about the one whom the Father set apart as his very own and sent into the world? Why then do you accuse me of blasphemy because I said, ‘I am God’s Son’? 37Do not believe me unless I do the works of my Father. 38But if I do them, even though you do not believe me, believe the works, that you may know and understand that the Father is in me, and I in the Father.” 39Again they tried to seize him, but he escaped their grasp.
The Deity "living" in the Son was identified by Jesus Himself as the "Father" and as He states "His God" and "Our God". In that manner they are ONE. In that manner the Son is the imprint of Gods very being. And by that Deity Jesus can do at will "the Fathers" works.

Before the world began, Before all things. By the will of another.
Col 1:19
For in him all the fullness of God was pleased to dwell,
John 14:10
Don’t you believe that I am in the Father, and that the Father is in me? The words I say to you I do not speak on my own authority. Rather, it is the Father, living in me, who is doing his work.

Col 2-9
For in Christ all the fullness of the Deity lives in bodily form,

So I read one true Deity the Father and the fullness of that same Deity in the Son and they are ONE. As in One God and One Lord. (From whom all things came and through whom all things came) Unbegotten and begotten of the Father before all worlds.

Again who gave Jesus the "glory" of this "Oneness"? Let Jesus Himself answer.
John 17:22-23
I have given them the glory that you gave me, that they may be one as we are one23I in them and you in me—so that they may be brought to complete unity. Then the world will know that you sent me and have loved them even as you have loved me.

Jesus has always been the Son. He sat on His Fathers throne.
Jesus humbled himself, came down from heaven's glory, and took on the likeness of man. It would be best if you looked to see who he was in the beginning, and although Jesus existed long before the Old Testament was written, he is there, in the Old Testament also.

Jesus is the word of the Father. So if Jesus spoke through the prophets it was the Father in Him doing His works.
Hebrews 1
In the past God spoke to our ancestors through the prophets at many times and in various ways, 2 but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son,

That is God's dual nature, he became man, so He could take on the sins of mankind and pay the penalty himself for our eternal salvation, so that we shall be redeemed. God is our Saviour, and is so wonderful.

Not one of those verses says that God is one in the way you are saying God is one—an absolute unity. They are statements of monotheism only which the doctrine of the Trinity fully affirms.
Trinity means three, but you are right, it is the One God in three persons.

Hebrews 1

The Word is the expression of thought, intent and will.

The Son expressed the will of the Father.

The Spirit of Christ spoke through the prophets.

Of this salvation the prophets have inquired and searched carefully, who prophesied of the grace that would come to you, searching what, or what manner of time, the Spirit of Christ who was in them was indicating when He testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ and the glories that would follow. 1 Peter 1:10-11

Example:

The burden of the word of the LORD against Israel. Thus says the LORD, who stretches out the heavens, lays the foundation of the earth, and forms the spirit of man within him:… And I will pour on the house of David and on the inhabitants of Jerusalem the Spirit of grace and supplication; then they will look on Me whom they pierced. Yes, they will mourn for Him as one mourns for his only son, and grieve for Him as one grieves for a firstborn. Zechariah 12:1,10

JLB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back