Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Three person God identified in the Bible?

Where is the three person God identified in the Bible?

• Total voters

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,038.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Status
Not open for further replies.
Please, don't be so quick to say that something was missed. I'll get to things when I get to them, as I did with that post.
Alright, just be sure to answer everything.

There have been times in our conversations that you have ignored certain arguments.

(they are long gone and I don't remember anymore what they were; just that you never answered them).

One person can be three Persons.
No, that is a contradiction.

If He is one Spirit, existing in eternity, who descends into time and takes on an added nature of human flesh, becoming a 2nd Person and taking on a 2nd personality. And then, if He releases His Spirit, at death, back into eternity to exist side-by-side with Himself as a Spirit before time began and throughout eternity.
Again, you're conflating two different points in time. That is poor exegesis and simply not how it works.

I believe that God is an absolute unity and yet that He is three distinct Persons. Go figure.
And that is a contradiction.

I believe that in that I hold Him to be three distinct Persons, that that is Trinitarian theology.
That is certainly not Trinitarian theology. It is a "Trinity" of your own making, not the Trinity of historical, orthodox Christianity.

John 4:23-24 teaches that God the Father is Spirit. If Ephesians 4:4, therefore, is talking about the Holy Spirit, is not God the Father another Spirit? That is not one Spirit, but two.
You're missing the finer nuances that are taught in Scripture. There are different uses of "spirit" even when it comes to God. God is spirit (immaterial), but there is one Holy Spirit (a distinct person), who proceeds from the Father (John 15:26; some say also from the Son).

The Son was begotten in the incarnation (Luke 1:35). I challenge you to bring forth scripture for your statement.
I have done so numerous times. I'm getting tired of repeating myself so often.

Not at all.

Again, I have given this numerous times.

I am not a Unitarian; while I do emphasize the Oneness of God in the Trinity in order to combat the heresy of tritheism.
You are a Unitarian. As soon as you say there is only one person, which you have on numerous occasions, you are Unitarian. Saying that it was the Father who became incarnate, making the person of the Son, further supports this.

The diagram gives the mormon point of view about God.
No, it absolutely does not. You simply misunderstand what the diagram is saying.

I believe in three distinct Persons in the Godhead.
Not in the biblical, Trinitarian way. Your way is contradictory.

I am not a Unitarian. Be careful about saying this again, I may report you for misrepresentation.
Go ahead. I have a solid case based on what you have stated. You're not Trinitarian and have continually stated that historical, orthodox Trinitarianism is tritheism, which is purposeful misrepresentation of all Trinitarians. Need I remind you that this is a Trinitarian site, in the correct, historical sense.

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

The Word is both God and with God.

Thus, God is with Himself; the Word is with Himself.
That is absolutely nonsensical and incorrect. I have given the exegesis of John 1:1, not that it is really needed since even in the English, that is nonsense. No one is ever said to be with oneself. If you think God communicates to us in such a nonsensical manner, then your God is deficient.

I'll pray for you that Jesus takes the blinders off.
Maybe pray for yourself.

I have seen no such arguments. And you are accusing me of twisting scripture, an accusation without evidence. The burden of proof is on you to prove that I am twisting scripture; because I don't think that I am doing so.
I have given such arguments and shown that you are twisting Scripture. Your nonsensical view of John 1:1 is one example. Your conflating two different points in time in order to redefine the Trinity is another. Your confusing "spirit" with the "Spirit" (Holy Spirit) is another.

Alright, just be sure to answer everything.

There have been times in our conversations that you have ignored certain arguments.

(they are long gone and I don't remember anymore what they were; just that you never answered them).
This, I have not done. I have addressed everything that I am aware of.

Say you have three big boulders and you want to call that the Trinity.

You cannot say that they are one rock, of the same substance, unless the atoms in rock #1 are the same atoms as in rock #2 and rock #3.

That is how I perceive the Trinity. God is one Spirit (John 4:24, Ephesians 4:4) / substance and rock #2 has the same Spirit-atoms as rock #1 but is also different from rock #1 in that (to depart from the analogy for a moment) Jesus is come in flesh as rock #2 and rock #1 is a Spirit without flesh.

So, how do you perceive it? Are they the same atoms?

Last edited:
No, that is a contradiction.
But not an illogical one. It is reconciled.
Again, you're conflating two different points in time.
There is nothing wrong with that.
And that is a contradiction.
Again, not an illogical one. For it is reconciled.
It is a "Trinity"
:clap
You're missing the finer nuances that are taught in Scripture. There are different uses of "spirit" even when it comes to God. God is spirit (immaterial), but there is one Holy Spirit (a distinct person), who proceeds from the Father (John 15:26; some say also from the Son).
God the Father is a Spirit according to John 4:23-24.

If Ephesians 4:4 is talking only of the Holy Spirit, that is two Spirits.

I have done so numerous times. I'm getting tired of repeating myself so often.

Not that I have seen.

Not at all.
Wrong again.
You are a Unitarian.
Nope. Reported.
As soon as you say there is only one person, which you have on numerous occasions, you are Unitarian.
I declare that there are three distinct Persons within the substance / Spirit of who God is. Again, reported.
No, it absolutely does not.
It teaches three Gods.
Not in the biblical, Trinitarian way.
three Persons in one God is by definition the Trinity.
It is a "Trinity"
:clap
You're not Trinitarian and have continually stated that historical, orthodox Trinitarianism is tritheism,
You are not preaching the historical doctrine. The historical doctrine states that the members of the Godhead are not separate but distinct.

Your contention that "the Father IS NOT the Son IS NOT the Holy Ghost" portrays them as separate.

That goes against the creeds.
Your confusing "spirit" with the "Spirit" (Holy Spirit) is another.
So, are you saying that John 4:23-24 teaches that God the Father is a spirit (small "s")?

Why would you demote God like that?

WE'RE ON POST 2400 AND IT SEEMS ONLY FREE AND JUSTBYFAITH ARE LEFT IN THIS THREAD. IT WAS NOT SET UP AS A PRIVATE DEBATE.

THIS THREAD IS BEING CLOSED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE. REVIEW BY STAFF IS NECESSARY.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back