Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Three World Ages

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00
And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.
And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night.

Tell me, what is Satan, the accuser of the brethren, accusing them of before God day and night?
Satan has been an accuser of the brethren since the day he was kicked out of the garden of Eden where God had placed him until pride became his downfall wanting to be like God. This took place way before the creation of Adam.

Satan has been an accuser of the brethren since the day he was kicked out of the garden of Eden where God had placed him until pride became his downfall wanting to be like God. This took place way before the creation of Adam.

I asked you: WHAT is he ACCUSING them OF?

He didn't create it out of chaos

Genesis 1:1 "Inthe beginning God created the heaven and the earth."
There are two bodies mentioned in this verse; the heaven and the earth. It simply stated a fact and left the time factor out.

Genesis 1:2 "And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep."

In the Hebrew translation of the word, "was", as used in this verse "...the earth was without form,..."; in the original text it reads "became without form..." This same mistranslation of the word "became", and turning it into the word "was" is also present in Genesis 2:7. It should read there; "..and man became a living soul."

was
1961 hayah
hayah (haw-yaw); a primitive root [compare OT:1933]; to exist, i.e. be or become, come to pass (always emphatic, and not a mere copula or auxiliary):KJV - beacon, altogether, be (-come), accomplished, committed, like), break, cause, come (to pass), do, faint, fall, follow, happen, have, last, pertain, quit (oneself-), require, use.

void
bohuw (bo'-hoo); from an unused root (meaning to be empty); a vacuity, i.e. (superficially) an undistinguishable ruin:
KJV - emptiness, void.
The correct Hebrew translation from the Massoretic Hebrew text for the words, "without form" is "tohu-va bohu" in the Hebrew Strong's dictionary. So we see that the earth was not "created without form", but it "became [tohu] without form and void"

The next logical verse in Arnold Murray's teaching on the 3 world ages then is Isa 45:18.

Isaiah 45:18
For thus saith the Lord that created the heavens;
God himself that formed the earth and made it; he hath established it,
he created it not in vain, he formed it to be inhabited:
I am the Lord; and there is none else.

I asked you: WHAT is he ACCUSING them OF?
The war in heaven between Michael and Satan has not happened yet so he still travels back and forth and stands before God trying to accuse us of our sin, but Jesus is our advocate before the Father in the battle against these accusations.

Rev 12:10 And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night.

Sadly no, but rather you are acting the role of the accuser, accusing them of sin, telling them they must get right with God, and pointing to the law and the scripture to justify it. As the accuser, what do you think Satan claims as his authority?
If you want to continue with this please start a new thread and tag me in for further discussion as this is off topic. Thank you.

If you want to continue with this please start a new thread and tag me in for further discussion as this is off topic. Thank you.

This has everything to do the the 3 world ages. The 3 world ages presupposes Satan rebellion. How did he rebel? If Satan caused a third of the angels to rebel with him as the three world ages teaching claims, then what authority do you think Satan claimed that would convince a third of God's children to rebel and then be cast down?

So before we can talk of rebellion and previous earth ages, we should at least agree on the nature of the rebellion that caused the earth to become void creating a gap between Gen 1:1 and Gen 1:2.

Since the scripture tells us that Satan is called the ACCUSER of Brethren, and so that we have a common understanding in the context of this thread; I asked you simple question.

Moderator notice: the aforementioned question has been moved to a thread of its own by mutual agreement of both parties:

Last edited by a moderator:
[ACMP=announcement]
Some posts have been moved to a new thread by mutual agreement of both parties:

[/ACMP]

Last edited:
I can agree that this world is older then 6 or 7000 years, but yet no one could ever know for sure. Another point is that the earth was already created with the Garden of Eden within it before the creation of man as there God placed Satan and soon his heart became prideful wanting everything that was God's and even claimed to be higher than God, Isaiah 14:12-17; Ezekiel 28:13-19.
satans heart became prideful before Adam ,like looooong before .Had he not rebelled ,he, nor Adam would had been placed in the Garden .They were in the Garden before the Garden

Let's go to Ezekiel and let the Word explain

Ezekiel 28:14 "Thou art the anointed cherub that covereth; and I have set thee so: thou wast upon the holy mountain of God; thou hast walked up and down in the midst of the stones of fire."

Now we know this one in Eden has to be Satan, and not Adam, for a cherub has never lived in the body of a man. Back in the thirteenth verse there are ten precious stones mentioned , and each of these stones are on the breastplate of the of the high priest. Before Satan's fall, he sat in an extremely high position, of responsibility.

Satan was anointed by God to fill that high position. It was not an accident of God that Satan sat in that position, for Satan was created and anointed for that position; and he failed.

The position of the "cherub" is to protect the mercy seat of God. "Coverth" means to guard, in the Hebrew text. God is saying that "I set you there on mine own altar, and you walked before me." It is because of Satan's vanity that he turned against God, and this caused Satan's sentence of death. It was because of this sentence that God also allowed for His own Son to die, to pay the price of all sin, so those who fall from God's grace, can return to His.

Ezekiel 28:15 "Thou wast perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created, till iniquity was found in thee."

Satan was perfect in every way, until he stopped loving God. Satan's focus then turned from serving God, to serving himself. Doing things his way. God created all souls, and gave them the right to choose. He has the right also to receive our love and respect, so we should take the time to tell him we love Him.

Ezekiel 28:16 "By the multitude of thy merchandise they have filled the midst of thee with violence, and thou hast sinned: therefore I will cast thee as profane out of the mountain of God: and I will destroy thee, O covering cherub, from the midst of the stones of fire."

This is the over-throw from the world that was, the first earth age. God told Satan that he was to be removed from the altar of God.

I already showed you in post #8 when Satan rebelled against God. It was when God placed Lucifer in the Garden of Eden way before His creation of man.

Can you see a spirit, no, so only something with substance can be physically seen.
Do you not understand that we are in a different dimension ,and yet scripture tells us that we may have entertained angels

Angels have substance

satans heart became prideful before Adam ,like looooong before .Had he not rebelled ,he, nor Adam would had been placed in the Garden .They were in the Garden before the Garden

Let's go to Ezekiel and let the Word explain

Ezekiel 28:14 "Thou art the anointed cherub that covereth; and I have set thee so: thou wast upon the holy mountain of God; thou hast walked up and down in the midst of the stones of fire."

Now we know this one in Eden has to be Satan, and not Adam, for a cherub has never lived in the body of a man. Back in the thirteenth verse there are ten precious stones mentioned , and each of these stones are on the breastplate of the of the high priest. Before Satan's fall, he sat in an extremely high position, of responsibility.

Satan was anointed by God to fill that high position. It was not an accident of God that Satan sat in that position, for Satan was created and anointed for that position; and he failed.

The position of the "cherub" is to protect the mercy seat of God. "Coverth" means to guard, in the Hebrew text. God is saying that "I set you there on mine own altar, and you walked before me." It is because of Satan's vanity that he turned against God, and this caused Satan's sentence of death. It was because of this sentence that God also allowed for His own Son to die, to pay the price of all sin, so those who fall from God's grace, can return to His.

Ezekiel 28:15 "Thou wast perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created, till iniquity was found in thee."

Satan was perfect in every way, until he stopped loving God. Satan's focus then turned from serving God, to serving himself. Doing things his way. God created all souls, and gave them the right to choose. He has the right also to receive our love and respect, so we should take the time to tell him we love Him.

Ezekiel 28:16 "By the multitude of thy merchandise they have filled the midst of thee with violence, and thou hast sinned: therefore I will cast thee as profane out of the mountain of God: and I will destroy thee, O covering cherub, from the midst of the stones of fire."

This is the over-throw from the world that was, the first earth age. God told Satan that he was to be removed from the altar of God.

I can agree with this, but yet it does not show any three world ages. I have heard of the gap theory, but yet it is only theory without facts as it's only man's ideas that they have wrote of the time between Genesis 1:1 and 1:2 as there being other ages before the creation of the heavens and the earth.

Here is my question, Since Jesus was/is God's plan of salvation before the foundation of the world and there was so much choas in those others ages then why was not Christ sacrificed all those ages ago for the sins of men?

It's hard to believe that in all those millions of years that no one found favor in the Lord until Noah came along in what would seem to be the third earth age according to the theories on the three world ages. How many other world ages could there possibly be seeing that after Christ returns this present heaven and earth will pass away and be renewed again as then the New Jerusalem will be be ushered down from heaven and we will ever be with the Lord for eternity. There will be no more creation of any worlds after we are with the Lord.

Do you not understand that we are in a different dimension ,and yet scripture tells us that we may have entertained angels

Angels have substance
Angels are essentially “ministering spirits,” (Hebrews 1:14) and do not have physical bodies like humans. Jesus declared that “a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have” (Luke 24:37-39).

Angels have no gender (Matthew 22:30) and are innumerable (Hebrews 12:22). They are incarnate in human form at times (Genesis 18:2-8) for the purpose of ministry. Angels also express emotions (Luke 15:10), are wise (2 Samuel 14:20) and powerful (Psalms 103:20).

Just gonna sit this here ,don't wanna debate ,I'm just planting.
Do read the rest from the below link

I did read your article (except for maybe a few paragraphs in hopes of finishing it). It was interesting/informative. I hope to check out some of your other articles over time.

n2thelight: "The position of the "cherub" is to protect the mercy seat of God."
Protect the mercy seat from what? I was under the impression that the cover was to protect those on the outside.

Anyway, thanks for your effort. I hope you're obtaining results, even if it is "one post at a time".

Back