Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Toys of old

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
O the abuse i take

Usually the boys accepted me better than the girls. Until this day I have more guy friends than girl friends and find men easier to talk to than women....
me too it has some what leveled out over time..

Why is there a picture of Reba in your post?

The TOG​

Fine I'm gonna use a different one for my physical violence threats.
How about
smiley-rpg010.gif
violence.12.gif
smiley-violent014.gif

There was that one old toy where you'd take a large coin or a large button and put some string through it. And you could make it spin back and forth--for hours on end, if you had that kind of patience.
I remember reading about that being a toy centuries ago. And my science book back from elementary school mentioned it during a lesson about energy.

I don't care how young I am.:tongue

Rubber bands are weapons of mass destruction in the wrong (or right) hands. Slingshots could be made using thumb and forefinger. Best ammo would be your sister's hair pins. The ones that didn't have their ends touching - "U" shaped --I don't know their name.

Boy-fun includes breaking things so stuff like sticks, rocks, pine-cones, even fingers for pretend guns were fun. Sound effects were necessary for realism.

Probably the best "toy" is the imagination.

At the mention of teachers the "spitwad" comes to mind. All that takes is a straw. The paper wrap becomes the ammo.

I know Legos have been around for a while. My son and I have been making things from all the Legos he has collected over the past few years. All the sets are mixed together but it's fun to see what you can build together.

Popular were erector sets and science sets.
Kids learned to blow themselves up.
My mother would never let me have one.
I always felt under-privileged.

I remember when Legos were very basic and more along the lines of Lincoln-Logs - no way to build the entire Set for [Insert Movie Title here].

What about GI-Joe and other vintage action figures. Rubber Duckies for the bath? Soap box racers. That monkey mounted on two sticks that would do flips? Jack in the box. I forget the name but there was a ball, paddle and rubber-band that would occupy hour upon hour too.

Tinker-toys. Tops. Raggedy Ann and Andy. It's not that old, but Silly Putty too. I loved anything that made noise - pots and pans worked great.

Thanks for the trip down memory lane.

Last edited:
Hey, this toy thread is popular.
All you old people are reverting back to your childhoods.
Boy, there's a lot of you old people on the forum.

legos a good new toy cept they are making sets that are made for ya

You mean the sets come already put together? Or just with instructions? What's fun and good for creativity is when you gather all the pieces from the old sets and make your own designs. My son is 7 and we both have a great time doing this.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back