Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

UFOs in the Bible

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
ProphetMark said:
But a God that speaks things into existence doesn't need a jar of water to create wine either.
If you take the time to figure out what 6 stone water pots filled with grape juice represent you'll understand exactly why God needs to fill 6 stone water pots with wine.

Man is represented by the six:

Gen 1:26 ¶ And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

Gen 1:31 And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, [it was] very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day.

The stone represents our stoney hearts:

Job 41:24 His heart is as firm as a stone; yea, as hard as a piece of the nether [millstone].

Eze 36:26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.

The pot represents man:

Lev 6:28 But the earthen vessel wherein it is sodden shall be broken: and if it be sodden in a brasen pot, it shall be both scoured, and rinsed in water.

1Th 4:4 That every one of you should know how to possess his vessel in sanctification and honour;

The wine (grape juice) represents the blood of the New Covenant:

Mat 26:27 And he took the cup, and gave thanks, and gave [it] to them, saying, Drink ye all of it; Mat 26:28 For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.

That doesn't mean he doesn't use spaceships/jars of water necessarily.
It certainly shows that God does not use spaceships! He does however fill the stoney hearts of men with the spirit of God!

So, just exactly what type of prophet are you?

researcher said:
2Ki 2:11 And it came to pass, as they still went on, and talked, that, behold, there appeared a chariot of fire, and horses of fire, which parted them both asunder; and Elijah went up by a whirlwind into heaven.

Well, God at least has flying chariots. Lol.
His angels.

Psa 68:17 The chariots of God [are] twenty thousand, [even] thousands of angels: the Lord [is] among them, [as in] Sinai, in the holy [place].

RND said:
Brother, I worry about you that you could be so easily swayed from the truth of scripture.

Thank you for your concern but please do not worry yourself over my salvation. I do and will continue to work out my own salvation with fear and trembling as we are all advised to, and I strive to not listen to any man but to be led by the Holy Spirit, to truth, and love.

http://getwiththeword.blogspot.com/

Steve76 said:
Thank you for your concern but please do not worry yourself over my salvation.
I'm not worried about your salvation. I don't doubt your salvation. What I'm concerned about is how easily you can be drawn away from the truth.

I do and will continue to work out my own salvation with fear and trembling as we are all advised to, and I strive to not listen to any man but to be led by the Holy Spirit, to truth, and love.
The HS doesn't fly around on spaceships either. :)

Steve76 said:
Vic C. said:
The problem with this wild, outlandish interpretation is the interjecting of 20th./21st. visions and terminology to something written well, well over 2,000 years ago. :confused

Go research what it may have meant at the time it was written... and then come back and discuss. Maybe look at it from a Jewish/Hebrew scholar (Rashi), since the 20th. century interpretation doesn't hold much water. Hey, did you ever stop to think this is NOT about God in the sense some of you are stating?

http://www.chabad.org/library/bible_cdo ... rashi/true

Interesting opinions from Rashi, thanks for that.. ;)

Think of all the artwork created from the visions we are talking about here and we usually get -
an old looking human with a long grey beard, peering out of pillars of clouds looking down at the people below.
It would be interesting to see a piece of artwork expressing exactly what Ezekiel saw instead of the normal
'Bearded old guy' which is so common. Anyone know of any such artwork? Art that has a close resemblance to what Ezekiel witnessed?

Here are some samples of ancient artwork depicting the type of things Ezekiel saw....long before men flew. Of course, maybe they're just swamp gas, weird lights, imagination. All those biblical references don't mean anything. :biggrin

http://www.stumbleupon.com/url/...dudem ... o/art.html

RND said:
Steve76 said:
Thank you for your concern but please do not worry yourself over my salvation.
I'm not worried about your salvation. I don't doubt your salvation. What I'm concerned about is how easily you can be drawn away from the truth.

I do and will continue to work out my own salvation with fear and trembling as we are all advised to, and I strive to not listen to any man but to be led by the Holy Spirit, to truth, and love.
The HS doesn't fly around on spaceships either. :)

I never said the HS flies around on spaceships Bro. Yet again, you are assuming things about me!
Grrr, I think I just may have to give up here.. :salute

Anyway, back to what I posted a few mins earlier when there was a bit of peace on here, does anyone know of any interesting artwork that expresses Ezekiel's interesting vision?

RND said:
researcher said:
2Ki 2:11 And it came to pass, as they still went on, and talked, that, behold, there appeared a chariot of fire, and horses of fire, which parted them both asunder; and Elijah went up by a whirlwind into heaven.

Well, God at least has flying chariots. Lol.
His angels.

Psa 68:17 The chariots of God [are] twenty thousand, [even] thousands of angels: the Lord [is] among them, [as in] Sinai, in the holy [place].

Well, yes, that's interesting, but, is there an actual throne God sits on? What is the throne made of? Does God need to sit? Why is he sitting if he is God? Does God get tired? Lol.

So, let's see, Ezekiel sees this throne above the Cherubim and flying wheels etc...

Eze 1:26 And above the firmament that was over their heads was the likeness of a throne, as the appearance of a sapphire stone: and upon the likeness of the throne was the likeness as the appearance of a man above upon it.

And the Cherubims and wheels in the vision were flying (Eze 1:21)

Now contrast with
Rev 20:11 And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them.

How did the throne get there? Is it stationary? Is it hanging in space above the earth and then just appears all of the sudden (possible)? What is it sitting on? Is there solid ground in heaven, or does everything float? Lol. Lots of questions! ;)

whirlwind said:
Here are some samples of ancient artwork depicting the type of things Ezekiel saw....long before men flew. Of course, maybe they're just swamp gas, weird lights, imagination. All those biblical references don't mean anything. :biggrin

Thanks for the link, some interesting artwork there. I think I've seen one or two of these in the past!
Will take a good look at these later, thanks again. ;)

researcher said:
Well, yes, that's interesting, but, is there an actual throne God sits on? What is the throne made of? Does God need to sit? Why is he sitting if he is God? Does God get tired? Lol.
It is the Ark of the Covenant.

Exd 25:22 And there I will meet with thee, and I will commune with thee from above the mercy seat, from between the two cherubims which [are] upon the ark of the testimony, of all [things] which I will give thee in commandment unto the children of Israel.

So, let's see, Ezekiel sees this throne above the Cherubim and flying wheels etc...

Eze 1:26 And above the firmament that was over their heads was the likeness of a throne, as the appearance of a sapphire stone: and upon the likeness of the throne was the likeness as the appearance of a man above upon it.

Goes back to the mountain where God met with Moshe and gave Him the Ten Commandments.

Exd 24:10 And they saw the God of Israel: and [there was] under his feet as it were a paved work of a sapphire stone, and as it were the body of heaven in [his] clearness. Exd 24:11 And upon the nobles of the children of Israel he laid not his hand: also they saw God, and did eat and drink. Exd 24:12 ¶ And the LORD said unto Moses, Come up to me into the mount, and be there: and I will give thee tables of stone, and a law, and commandments which I have written; that thou mayest teach them.

And the Cherubims and wheels in the vision were flying (Eze 1:21)
Flying is synonymous with angels (cherubim) delivering a message. See Rev. 14:6.

Now contrast with
Rev 20:11 And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them.

How did the throne get there? Is it stationary? Is it hanging in space above the earth and then just appears all of the sudden (possible)? What is it sitting on? Is there solid ground in heaven, or does everything float? Lol. Lots of questions! ;)
There is a temple in heaven where God dwells. That was the pattern on which the earthly tabernacle was patterned. But, we always have to be willing to accept this:

Deu 29:29 The secret [things belong] unto the LORD our God: but those [things which are] revealed [belong] unto us and to our children for ever, that [we] may do all the words of this law.

Steve76 said:
whirlwind said:

Thanks for the link, some interesting artwork there. I think I've seen one or two of these in the past!
Will take a good look at these later, thanks again. ;)

You're very welcome. What a beautiful country you live in Steve. My husband and I only saw a small part of it on a trip we took many years ago but....very beautiful. However...we couldn't read the street signs at all. :lol

Actually, his family was originally from Wales....long, long ago.

Hehe, no sheep jokes now ok? :biggrin

Yes, it is nice but the weather does it no favours!

Also, there are numerous hotspots of UFO sightings in Wales, I actually saw one in Burry Port about 10 years ago, it was a facinating sight; glowing, sparkling orange and about the size of a large house!
Funny really, as it seemed to be hovering around and humming, not really knowing where it was heading...
Maybe the Welsh road signs were a bit too much for them.. :lol

But, we always have to be willing to accept this:

Deu 29:29 The secret [things belong] unto the LORD our God: but those [things which are] revealed [belong] unto us and to our children for ever, that [we] may do all the words of this law.

Absolutely! ;) Although I find no harm in asking the hard questions.

Like, what is the throne made of? Obviously not material as we know it. It would be spiritual material. Which begs the question.. are there "things" in heaven that are inanimate such as cups and tables etc. If so, what are they made of?

If God does actually sit on a throne and the throne happens to be able to "fly," I'm OK with that. God and angels can fly without the help of anything, but, if they happen to also fly on things, I'm OK with that too. Of course, God and angels are spirits thus outside of our dimension so anything they sat or rode on would be outside of it too. If they do ride on "things" it would be made of spiritual material thus unseen also unless they choose to allow it to be seen. Of course, God is not a little green alien, but, Jesus did say -

Joh 8:23 And he said unto them, Ye are from beneath; I am from above: ye are of this world; I am not of this world.

He's not from here. Lol! ;) ;) ;)

All those biblical references don't mean anything. :biggrin
Or maybe all that Biblical imagery means something else... something that would have been somewhat comprehended by the people of the times it was written. But if you and others choose the Chariots of the Gods interpretation instead, understand you will get oppositions from the believers on the site.

Vic C. said:
Or maybe all that Biblical imagery means something else... something that would have been somewhat comprehended by the people of the times it was written. But if you and others choose the Chariots of the Gods interpretation instead, understand you will get oppositions from the believers on the site.

Vic..by "believers on the site" do you mean believers in God? If yes, then are you saying that I am not a believer?

I wasn't expecting all of the replies here its good to see various points of view and personal experiences.
I m going to throw something out there please just try and go with it for a moment.

If we were to go back in time to these various biblical places and we came from the sky, skydiving with a parachute. How about dressing up as an astronaught and walking around. How about a bullet train whizzing by at 300 mph. How about a plane, tank, submarine, helicopter, hovercraft, motorcycle, a 2 liter bottle of soda.

How would they describe what they are seeing?

Now jump ahead to our time. How are we explaining what we are seeing? I would say alot better now then way back then? Are we the only life forms in the universe. My opinion is No, not at all. The bible does not say he DID NOT create other life forms. The bible is strictly for humans

Vic C. said:

Right, so does that mean that if I am open to there being a possibility of unidentified flying objects being described in the Bible, that I am an unbeliever? And if so, what exactly am I allowed to ponder on in scripture? I mean, what do you feel is acceptable for me to become like you and believe with utmost conviction that I truly know for absolute certain that there are no unidentified flying objects whatsoever in scripture?

If I am to conform to a certain acceptable way of thinking to become a believer, what way is that?
Just wondering here as I am a true believer yet I feel that I am missing something?? :shrug

If you and others do not believe or are not open to the idea of objects portrayed as God in the Bible sound strikingly similar to what we would class as UFOs then I respect that. It is not like we are saying that God is an alien flying around in a UFO. We are just open to discussing it, that is all. If this means that I am an unbeliever then my God, I am going to hell!
:verysad

Steve76 said:
Hehe, no sheep jokes now ok? :biggrin

Yes, it is nice but the weather does it no favours!

Also, there are numerous hotspots of UFO sightings in Wales, I actually saw one in Burry Port about 10 years ago, it was a facinating sight; glowing, sparkling orange and about the size of a large house!
Funny really, as it seemed to be hovering around and humming, not really knowing where it was heading...
Maybe the Welsh road signs were a bit too much for them.. :lol

I saw one last year. It was 1:00 in the afternoon so it was broad daylight. It was hanging there motionless just at the top of the trees. It too was about the size of a house but no lights, no anything....just solid, dull metal that was donut shaped...not like a thin saucer but like a fat donut. And then....it was gone, just disappeared.

I trekked through the woods looking for anything that it could possibly have been but...it was just solid woods. My husband didn't know what to think when I told him...he's very skeptical but, a few weeks later he came in with a quizzical look on his face. When I asked what was wrong he said he was driving by the spot where I saw the UFO and out of the corner of his eye noticed some type of rolling, atmosphereic thing happened. He couldn't explain it past that...just some strange atmospheric thing like air circulating.

We drive by that spot every day and have never seen anything else but we sure saw something.

whirlwind said:
Vic C. said:
Vic..by "believers on the site" do you mean believers in God? If yes, then are you saying that I am not a believer?
I guess it could be taken that way, but what I should have written was, "those who believe otherwise...".

I will say this though; God is a Spirit and should be worshiped in both spirit and truth. Taking HIM out of His spiritual realm and putting HIM on a physical plane (outside of HIS incarnation we know as the Son of God, Jesus) is just way, way out there, very new age-ish. :nono

That ^ will receive extreme opposition from some here, as you know. There isn't a member here who has an edge on truth, but there on certainly some beliefs that are on the edge.

This is one of those beliefs.

2Cr 11:14 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.

2Th 2:9 [Even him], whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,

It is interesting to note that the apparent abductions of people that were taken aboard spacecrafts and had their semen or eggs taken always felt that the aliens were unfriendly and lacked compassion.

There is also an interesting part of the Bible where the sons of God went into the daughters of men and had children with them that became giants and ended up becoming a wicked generation - Genesis 6:1-8. The Nephilim :o
As Satan is portrayed as a Son of God in the book of Job it does sound like a sort of xenogensis went on there which can be likened to the apparent modern time alien abductions..
I just hope I'm allowed to ponder on that one for a while... :gah

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back