Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Views on Taxation

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Treason is attempting to overthrow the constitution and sovereignty of a country and its people or work in favor of a foreign establishment. When someone is taking orders from a unelected foreign establishment to dictate what that country can and cannot do, in my opinion that is treason.

The people elect someone to represent them who then goes meet there unelected globalist billionaire friends and make agreements so there unelected friends can then dictate and rule over and control an entire nation and its people.

As soon as you elect the next Leader ask yourself where they are the next day. They be flying around in there private jets going to next globalist meeting to dictate what there country can and cannot do..

Myself personally I don't mind helping people. But when your country is suffering and citizens are asking if someone has somewhere they can live as they living in there vehicle with there kids because they got kicked out there rental, and at the same time the government is welcoming there next quota of refugees and giving them housing.

I mean come on man. A unelected foreign agreement with a unelected foreign establishment is more important than housing and looking after your own citizens. The people of the country who not only pay taxes but are expected to vote for a government. Get raal. Wake up..

If I understand you correctly, you are saying that because the majority lives with an entitlement attitude, the rest of us, the minority, are stuck paying the difference. While I don't agree it is fair or right, I think I can see what you are saying, if I'm hearing you correctly.
HI WIP

Pretty much. It's government by the people, for the people. However, while I agree there are some with an 'entitlement' attitude, and that's a sad fact, but it's not much different from the 'entitlement' attitude of many of the wealthy. I'm not one to deny the value of a social program just because there are some who would take advantage.

God bless,
Ted

HI WIP

Pretty much. It's government by the people, for the people. However, while I agree there are some with an 'entitlement' attitude, and that's a sad fact, but it's not much different from the 'entitlement' attitude of many of the wealthy. I'm not one to deny the value of a social program just because there are some who would take advantage.

God bless,
Ted
Better management of the social programs would be the best solution. There was a time, about two years, when I needed to ask the state for help. One of the things I noticed is there was little incentive to get off the programs. My family received some cash each month, food stamps, heating fuel assistance, and health insurance. When I finally found a job I didn't have to make very much before I was disqualified from receiving all the help even though the job paid less than what I received through the programs. It was only my own pride and desire to not be beholden to the state of MN that I was able to take the cut in pay and accept the employment opportunity. It sure would have been a lot easier if the system would have allowed me to more gradually move back into the workplace. I know there are a lot of people that will not do as I did. Why should they?

I was doing some repair work for an old friend of the family, and she came to the tv shop driving a 1968 SS396 Chevelle .
I asked to drive it and she said ok, I crank it up and start backing it up and notice NO power steering or power brakes :shock . I found out I was spoiled to ps and pb right away , lol . I am out in the road and get my foot down good on the gas and the car starts coughing and bucking and I asked her "what kind of gas are you using ?" Regular she said :lol . I guess she never mashed the pedal down very far .

My wife's Nissan has lane alert and vibes the wheel if you get on the line . I found out I get on lines a lot more than I thought , lol .
You know I have a 68 Camaro! Yes, I’ve made many upgrades including modern suspension and 4 wheel disc brakes etc. but she’ll never be like a modern car. Right now I’m swapping out the Cam and adding Vintage Air! Speaking of lane assist, I drove a GM vehicle last year where you could take your hands off the wheel and it would stay in its lane, even around turns. However, she would yell at you to put your hands back on the wheel lol!
22A64FF4-9FF9-4EC1-A0B8-247AF352C803.jpeg

Because there is a vast majority of those who don't think they can trust themselves to save for their retirement.
So why does that become my problem where I’m taxed at a higher rate to support those who lived high on the hog while I buckled down and did without. It’s not fair, and it should not be “made” my problem. This is a common since problem. Leave it alone and people will overcome their fears, or a greater fear will drive them to save for retirement.
Because not everyone gets a chance to save enough to see them through 10-20 years of a retired life.
Not everyone can, I agree. For those that can’t, we should help them. However, the vast majority of them can, but they don’t. I don’t feel responsible for those that can, but don’t. It’s called discipline. You simply live below your means. Many live above their means. When the time comes where they can no longer live above their means, it’s a reality check. I don’t feel sorry for them and I don’t feel compelled to bail them out so they can continue living a lifestyle they could never truly afford. Many of them will die with massive credit card debt and mortgages that society will ultimately pay for.

I ran out of time. Hope to get back to replying to the rest of what you wrote at a later time.

Better management of the social programs would be the best solution. There was a time, about two years, when I needed to ask the state for help. One of the things I noticed is there was little incentive to get off the programs. My family received some cash each month, food stamps, heating fuel assistance, and health insurance. When I finally found a job I didn't have to make very much before I was disqualified from receiving all the help even though the job paid less than what I received through the programs. It was only my own pride and desire to not be beholden to the state of MN that I was able to take the cut in pay and accept the employment opportunity. It sure would have been a lot easier if the system would have allowed me to more gradually move back into the workplace. I know there are a lot of people that will not do as I did. Why should they?
HI WIP

Right! And that's good of you. However, I think you're focusing on the bad of social programs and allowing that weight to cloud all the good that also comes from the same program. Listen! Shock alert!! We're human beings!!! We ain't nearly as smart as we think we think that we are. Man's heart is wicked!!! Who can know it????!!!! There are always in every group of society those that are not going to be particularly enamored by the idea of doing good for others. Now, as a believer in the one true and living God, who also trusts that God will ultimately make right all the wrongs. I look at such programs, and while I really hate that there are people who take advantage, I know that the overall benefit of the program is good and that, as frail human beings, we're doing the best we can.

Hopefully no one looked at you while you were getting your assistance and proclaiming all the worthless, lazy, cheats that are taking advantage of our system. Hey! No one is denying that every program run by any governmental entity, whether it be city, state, national is subject to 'dipping'. Some by the operators of the program and some by those who receive benefits from it. But again, we're all just human beings doing the best we know to do.

Yes, better management is always a goal to reach for, but ultimately when programs the size of what the federal government operates, working out solutions get to be very, very difficult.

Let me ask you. Let's suppose you were the commandant in charge of the world. How would you set up laws to prevent people from cheating such systems? Nuts and bolts! What's one specific problem that you see with social assistance and how would you address that as a law?

God bless,
Ted

So why does that become my problem where I’m taxed at a higher rate to support those who lived high on the hog while I buckled down and did without. It’s not fair, and it should not be “made” my problem. This is a common since problem. Leave it alone and people will overcome their fears, or a greater fear will drive them to save for retirement.

Not everyone can, I agree. For those that can’t, we should help them. However, the vast majority of them can, but they don’t. I don’t feel responsible for those that can, but don’t. It’s called discipline. You simply live below your means. Many live above their means. When the time comes where they can no longer live above their means, it’s a reality check. I don’t feel sorry for them and I don’t feel compelled to bail them out so they can continue living a lifestyle they could never truly afford. Many of them will die with massive credit card debt and mortgages that society will ultimately pay for.

I ran out of time. Hope to get back to replying to the rest of what you wrote at a later time.
They will file bankruptcy and we'll we all pay.no such thing as a free lunch .

Florida high cost of homeowner insurance is from lawsuits .

I have been guilty of that .

Before the depression ,banks didn't do mortgages much.

Western Australia bans fishing for like 6 months of the year. Of course it's always about sustainability. Just go the dupolopy and pay $50 a kilo for the same fish your banned from catching.

Jeff, I have read most of the comments in this thread, but just haven't been interested in commenting on them. Almost passed on this one too, because your comments just seem to lack grace for better words. I actually did move on, but then a verse came to my mind. Be ye perfect, as your father in heaven is perfect..... who makes it rain on the just and the unjust alike.....

Is that the Spirit you are reflecting in your comments here? You claim it's not fair; what is? You said it should not be made your problem, but then whose problem is it? You're right, it's not your problem, it is a societal problem, and it is one that the government has a role in managing. Now, if you were a state representative, then I would expect it to actually be your problem to solve.

There is one thing I do find curious so often displayed in those of the Christian mindset. Taxes and Tithing. Why do they feel blessed of God when they pay their tithes to the church, but at the same time cursed because they are also asked to pay taxes for the government. Are not both institutions of God? The church and the state? If you receive joy paying into the one and yet despise paying into the other, should you then look for a blessing?

The 3rd largest democracy that includes a ban on insulting the President or state institutions. Lol. One year in jail is not that bad, I mean 2 dealers who were thrown in prison and were remorseful and opened a programme to help other prisoners improve there lives for the better got no mercy and shot in the head, while a terrorist who blew up over 200 people and injured many got released early for good behaviour.

Jeff, I have read most of the comments in this thread, but just haven't been interested in commenting on them. Almost passed on this one too, because your comments just seem to lack grace for better words. I actually did move on, but then a verse came to my mind. Be ye perfect, as your father in heaven is perfect..... who makes it rain on the just and the unjust alike.....

Is that the Spirit you are reflecting in your comments here? You claim it's not fair; what is? You said it should not be made your problem, but then whose problem is it? You're right, it's not your problem, it is a societal problem, and it is one that the government has a role in managing. Now, if you were a state representative, then I would expect it to actually be your problem to solve.

There is one thing I do find curious so often displayed in those of the Christian mindset. Taxes and Tithing. Why do they feel blessed of God when they pay their tithes to the church, but at the same time cursed because they are also asked to pay taxes for the government. Are not both institutions of God? The church and the state? If you receive joy paying into the one and yet despise paying into the other, should you then look for a blessing?

It's freely give and freely recieve. Not by force. Tithing was specifically given to the Levites as there share of inheritance by the other tribes.

Taxes are forced and people like to give in good faith that there taxes are not being used and abused. I have absolutely no problem paying taxes but if it's being used and abused and for unreasonable situations I'm going to call it out.

Back