Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Depending upon the Holy Spirit for all you do?

Read through the following study by Tenchi for more on this topic

https://christianforums.net/threads/without-the-holy-spirit-we-can-do-nothing.109419/

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

https://christianforums.net/forums/questions-and-answers/

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Bible Study WELCOME TO A DEEP LOOK AT GENESIS

neat question Angel ... They had rain for 40 days... then about 300 without...
God may have found a way to supply them water as we know it or it may have been a flat out miracle...

neat question Angel ... They had rain for 40 days... then about 300 without...
God may have found a way to supply them water as we know it or it may have been a flat out miracle...
Maybe they drank goat milk?

How big was the Ark? Say In terms as in football fields or miles please :)

Gen 8:1 And God remembered Noah, and every living thing, and all the cattle that was with him in the ark: and God made a wind to pass over the earth, and the waters asswaged;
Gen 8:2 The fountains also of the deep and the windows of heaven were stopped, and the rain from heaven was restrained;
Gen 8:3 And the waters returned from off the earth continually: and after the end of the hundred and fifty days the waters were abated.
Gen 8:4 And the ark rested in the seventh month, on the seventeenth day of the month, upon the mountains of Ararat.
Gen 8:5 And the waters decreased continually until the tenth month: in the tenth month, on the first day of the month, were the tops of the mountains seen.
Gen 8:6 And it came to pass at the end of forty days, that Noah opened the window of the ark which he had made:
Gen 8:7 And he sent forth a raven, which went forth to and fro, until the waters were dried up from off the earth.
Gen 8:8 Also he sent forth a dove from him, to see if the waters were abated from off the face of the ground;
Gen 8:9 But the dove found no rest for the sole of her foot, and she returned unto him into the ark, for the waters were on the face of the whole earth: then he put forth his hand, and took her, and pulled her in unto him into the ark.
Gen 8:10 And he stayed yet other seven days; and again he sent forth the dove out of the ark;
Gen 8:11 And the dove came in to him in the evening; and, lo, in her mouth was an olive leaf pluckt off: so Noah knew that the waters were abated from off the earth.
Gen 8:12 And he stayed yet other seven days; and sent forth the dove; which returned not again unto him any more.
Gen 8:13 And it came to pass in the six hundredth and first year, in the first month, the first day of the month, the waters were dried up from off the earth: and Noah removed the covering of the ark, and looked, and, behold, the face of the ground was dry.
Gen 8:14 And in the second month, on the seven and twentieth day of the month, was the earth dried.
Gen 8:15 And God spake unto Noah, saying,
Gen 8:16 Go forth of the ark, thou, and thy wife, and thy sons, and thy sons' wives with thee.
Gen 8:17 Bring forth with thee every living thing that is with thee, of all flesh, both of fowl, and of cattle, and of every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth; that they may breed abundantly in the earth, and be fruitful, and multiply upon the earth.
Gen 8:18 And Noah went forth, and his sons, and his wife, and his sons' wives with him:
Gen 8:19 Every beast, every creeping thing, and every fowl, and whatsoever creepeth upon the earth, after their kinds, went forth out of the ark.
Gen 8:20 And Noah builded an altar unto the LORD; and took of every clean beast, and of every clean fowl, and offered burnt offerings on the altar.
Gen 8:21 And the LORD smelled a sweet savour; and the LORD said in his heart, I will not again curse the ground any more for man's sake; for the imagination of man's heart is evil from his youth; neither will I again smite any more every thing living, as I have done.
Gen 8:22 While the earth remaineth, seedtime and harvest, and cold and heat, and summer and winter, and day and night shall not cease.

Day 24 5/10/14 Genesis 8:1-22 150 Day Voyage.

I see the importance of God using the flood to end this first wicked population of people. Water has always been an agent of YHWH to make acceptable something that has become unclean or polluted.

Thus the earth has been cleansed from the wicked deeds of mankind, and in Noah, there is God's design for a new covenant people.

The following dates represent the total time of the flood account. (used be permission of Albert Barnes notes on Genesis).
Rain continued 40 days
Waters prevailed 150 days
Waters subside 99 days
Noah delays 40 days
Sending of the raven and the dove 20 days
Another month 29 days
Interval until the 27th of the 2nd month 57 days
Sum-total of days 365 days

It looks like Gen. 1:2 has been repeated. The Spirit of God has hovered over the face of the waters. Here, God made a wind, (sometimes wind and Spirit is the same).

The first thing that Noah does upon existing the ark is to build and altar to worship YHWH. The sacrifice of clean animals and clean birds as a burnt offering, thus making atonement. This act of Noah was received by God as a pleasing aroma.

Gen 8:1 And God remembered Noah, and every living thing, and all the cattle that was with him in the ark: and God made a wind to pass over the earth, and the waters asswaged;

Rev 7:1 And after these things I saw four angels standing on the four corners of the earth, holding the four winds of the earth, that the wind should not blow on the earth, nor on the sea, nor on any tree.

Gen 8:21 And the LORD smelled a sweet savour; and the LORD said in his heart, I will not again curse the ground any more for man's sake; for the imagination of man's heart is evil from his youth; neither will I again smite any more every thing living, as I have done.

2Co_2:15 For we are unto God a sweet savour of Christ, in them that are saved, and in them that perish:
Eph 5:1 Be ye therefore followers of God, as dear children;
Eph 5:2 And walk in love, as Christ also hath loved us, and hath given himself for us an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweetsmelling savour.

I find real comfort in this promise...Gen 8:22 While the earth remaineth, seedtime and harvest, and cold and heat, and summer and winter, and day and night shall not cease.

"Remember" in this case doesn't mean God had forgotten Noah, but that He was faithful to His promise to him. To remember a covenant or promise is to be faithful to that covenant or promise, and to forget the covenant or promise is to break it. This can be seen in many places in the Bible.

The TOG​

It says, And God remembered Noah...
What else was He up to? Other stuff?
yes >>>
timeless really >>>
and not realized on earth save for , well, not many >>>
(please create another thread to pursue this if desired :) ) >>>
(I was just looking for the part where He constantly always holds all things together (every molecule, every atom, everything in existence !!!) (what else He was up to !! - "OTHER STUF" :) :) :) )
>>> but the GOOD NEWS in the CONTEXT is too wonderful not to repeat once here>>> :) :) :)
from biblegateway.com Amplified >>
COLOSSIANS 1: 9 For this reason we also, from the day we heard of it, have not ceased to pray and make [special] request for you, [asking] that you may be filled with the full (deep and clear) knowledge of His will in all spiritual wisdom [in comprehensive insight into the ways and purposes of God] and in understanding and discernment of spiritual things—

10 That you may walk (live and conduct yourselves) in a manner worthy of the Lord, fully pleasing to Him and desiring to please Him in all things, bearing fruit in every good work and steadily growing and increasing in and by the knowledge of God [with fuller, deeper, and clearer insight, acquaintance, and recognition].

11 [We pray] that you may be invigorated and strengthened with all power according to the might of His glory, [to exercise] every kind of endurance and patience (perseverance and forbearance) with joy,

12 Giving thanks to the Father, Who has qualified and made us fit to share the portion which is the inheritance of the saints (God’s holy people) in the Light.

13 [The Father] has delivered and drawn us to Himself out of the control and the dominion of darkness and has transferred us into the kingdom of the Son of His love,

14 In Whom we have our redemption through His blood, [which means] the forgiveness of our sins.

15 [Now] He is the exact likeness of the unseen God [the visible representation of the invisible]; He is the Firstborn of all creation.

16 For it was in Him that all things were created, in heaven and on earth, things seen and things unseen, whether thrones, dominions, rulers, or authorities; all things were created and exist through Him [by His service, intervention] and in and for Him.

17 And He Himself existed before all things, and in Him all things consist (cohere, are held together).

18 He also is the Head of [His] body, the church; seeing He is the Beginning, the Firstborn from among the dead, so that He alone in everything and in every respect might occupy the chief place [stand first and be preeminent].

19 For it has pleased [the Father] that all the divine fullness (the sum total of the divine perfection, powers, and attributes) should dwell in Him permanently.

20 And God purposed that through (by the service, the intervention of) Him [the Son] all things should be completely reconciled back to Himself, whether on earth or in heaven, as through Him, [the Father] made peace by means of the blood of His cross.

21 And although you at one time were estranged and alienated from Him and were of hostile attitude of mind in your wicked activities,

22 Yet now has [Christ, the Messiah] reconciled [you to God] in the body of His flesh through death, in order to present you holy and faultless and irreproachable in His [the Father’s] presence.

23 [And this He will do] provided that you continue to stay with and in the faith [in Christ], well-grounded and settled and steadfast, not shifting or moving away from the hope [which rests on and is inspired by] the glad tidings (the Gospel), which you heard and which has been preached [as being designed for and offered without restrictions] to every person under heaven, and of which [Gospel] I, Paul, became a minister.

now back to your regular channel :)

n

"Remember" in this case doesn't mean God had forgotten Noah, but that He was faithful to His promise to him. To remember a covenant or promise is to be faithful to that covenant or promise, and to forget the covenant or promise is to break it. This can be seen in many places in the Bible.

The TOG​
:agreed

Gen 9:1 And God blessed Noah and his sons, and said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth.
Gen 9:2 And the fear of you and the dread of you shall be upon every beast of the earth, and upon every fowl of the air, upon all that moveth upon the earth, and upon all the fishes of the sea; into your hand are they delivered.
Gen 9:3 Every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you; even as the green herb have I given you all things.
Gen 9:4 But flesh with the life thereof, which is the blood thereof, shall ye not eat.
Gen 9:5 And surely your blood of your lives will I require; at the hand of every beast will I require it, and at the hand of man; at the hand of every man's brother will I require the life of man.
Gen 9:6 Whoso sheddeth man's blood, by man shall his blood be shed: for in the image of God made he man.

Day 25 5/11/14 Genesis 9:1-7 Blood Restrictions.

This Chapter starts out with God blessing Noah and his sons. To bless is to favor. God is pleased with Noah for following His commands and being the vessel to begin a new civilization, For God to bless someone, He has at His disposal a great many favors, such as prosperity in his ability to produce crops is what might be considered poor soil.

Not much has been said over the years about the soil. Some say it was good, and some say it was very poor. An interesting fact about why when Noah released the raven, it didn't return like the dove. That's because of the flesh of the dead was on the water at that time. This poses a question in my mind, what happened to all those dead bodies. Did during that year of beginning flood to the end cause different layers of silt to cover them up? Did the fossils that geologists uncover come from bodies being covered by the silt and then the tremendous pressure of the water in the deep fossilize them? Wow, lots of questions.

Another fact because of the flood no more nephilim, or giants. The flood took care of all the questions about their origin. Also, in blessing Noah and his family, God would cause the following events to go favorably. Child bearing to multiply and fill the earth. The dread of the animals toward humans which would establish a sense of safety for everyone.

The food source for Noah and family has for the first time includes a good steak along with veggies. This must have been puzzling for them, as to which ones would be good to eat. It must have been a funny experiment in my thinking.

Now we come to the restrictions of the blood of the animals. The blood is sacred. The blood must be completely drained from any animal that was going to be eaten by man. Sorry, no steaks rare or medium rare. That's a no, no, although many Christians pay no attention to this basic law of God. There are doctors that suggest that cancer can occur in people who eat their meat with the blood still in it. It does seem to me that there would be a penalty to those who disregard Gods warning about the blood.

In 9:5, we have the prohibition of suicide. "Man must not take away his own life" This is the statement of our beloved Matthew Henry.
"Man must not take away his own life: Your blood of your lives will I require, Gen_9:5. Our lives are not so our own as that we may quit them at our own pleasure, but they are God's and we must resign them at his pleasure; if we in any way hasten our own deaths, we are accountable to God for it." (from E-Sword)

Last we have capital punishment, life for life.
Gen 9:6 Whoso sheddeth man's blood, by man shall his blood be shed: for in the image of God made he man.

Gen 7:17 And the flood was forty days upon the earth; and the waters increased, and bare up the ark, and it was lift up above the earth.
Gen 8:4 And the ark rested in the seventh month, on the seventeenth day of the month, upon the mountains of Ararat.

This is the month of Tishri, Feast of Tabernacles. Noah and his family stayed in the ark for another six months after the ark rested.

Gen 7:11 In the six hundredth year of Noah's life, in the second month, the seventeenth day of the month, the same day were all the fountains of the great deep broken up, and the windows of heaven were opened.
Gen 8:14 And in the second month, on the seven and twentieth day of the month, was the earth dried.

Chopper pointed out the days add up to a full year.

This is the month of Iyar, Counting Omer. The Wave Offering (omer of grain) lifted up and the counting of 50 days til Pentecost.

Gen 8:13 And it came to pass in the six hundredth and first year, in the first month, the first day of the month, the waters were dried up from off the earth: and Noah removed the covering of the ark, and looked, and, behold, the face of the ground was dry.

This is the month of Nissan, Passover month.

Gen 8:20 And Noah builded an altar unto the LORD; and took of every clean beast, and of every clean fowl, and offered burnt offerings on the altar. [Clean animals for offerings.]

Gen 9:2 And the fear of you and the dread of you shall be upon every beast of the earth, and upon every fowl of the air, upon all that moveth upon the earth, and upon all the fishes of the sea; into your hand are they delivered.
Gen 9:3 Every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you; even as the green herb have I given you all things.
Gen 9:4 But flesh with the life thereof, which is the blood thereof, shall ye not eat.

Act 15:29 That ye abstain from meats offered to idols, and from blood, and from things strangled, and from fornication: from which if ye keep yourselves, ye shall do well. Fare ye well.

Back