Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Depending upon the Holy Spirit for all you do?

Read through the following study by Tenchi for more on this topic

https://christianforums.net/threads/without-the-holy-spirit-we-can-do-nothing.109419/

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

https://christianforums.net/forums/questions-and-answers/

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Bible Study WELCOME TO A DEEP LOOK AT GENESIS

Thank you, Chopper. :)

Hi Deb, you are welcome, I'll just bet that you have been a great Mother. I personally wanted you to know how much I appreciate you as a Christian Woman. I don't really know you but in the Spirit, I am impressed with your knowledge of the Scriptures and the way you present your views here in the Forum. We are certainly blessed to have you as a member of CF.net. I continue to look forward to your posts and for the blessings that you put forth in type from your keyboard. And I also want to thank you for being a special friend to Reba, she is my favorite! I would not still be here if it wasn't for her and her prayers for me. So again, thank you for being you, and for how you display who you are here....Love you! :hug

Gen 7:17 And the flood was forty days upon the earth; and the waters increased, and bare up the ark, and it was lift up above the earth.
Gen 8:4 And the ark rested in the seventh month, on the seventeenth day of the month, upon the mountains of Ararat.

This is the month of Tishri, Feast of Tabernacles. Noah and his family stayed in the ark for another six months after the ark rested.

Gen 7:11 In the six hundredth year of Noah's life, in the second month, the seventeenth day of the month, the same day were all the fountains of the great deep broken up, and the windows of heaven were opened.
Gen 8:14 And in the second month, on the seven and twentieth day of the month, was the earth dried.

Chopper pointed out the days add up to a full year.

This is the month of Iyar, Counting Omer. The Wave Offering (omer of grain) lifted up and the counting of 50 days til Pentecost.

Gen 8:13 And it came to pass in the six hundredth and first year, in the first month, the first day of the month, the waters were dried up from off the earth: and Noah removed the covering of the ark, and looked, and, behold, the face of the ground was dry.

This is the month of Nissan, Passover month.

Gen 8:20 And Noah builded an altar unto the LORD; and took of every clean beast, and of every clean fowl, and offered burnt offerings on the altar. [Clean animals for offerings.]

Gen 9:2 And the fear of you and the dread of you shall be upon every beast of the earth, and upon every fowl of the air, upon all that moveth upon the earth, and upon all the fishes of the sea; into your hand are they delivered.
Gen 9:3 Every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you; even as the green herb have I given you all things.
Gen 9:4 But flesh with the life thereof, which is the blood thereof, shall ye not eat.

Act 15:29 That ye abstain from meats offered to idols, and from blood, and from things strangled, and from fornication: from which if ye keep yourselves, ye shall do well. Fare ye well.
something a Chassidic jew would say. interesting but well food for thought. pre-torah line up from moses. they say that enoch was the first man to do rosh hoshanna.

I see the Messiah. :)
of course. I was going to allude to that but its rare to hear from a Christian saying what you said. save stovebolts. there something he sends me and we talk about on the phone that I haven't posted.

such as this
When you find the Infinite, where will you put it?

In your broken vessel?
It will not stay.

In a new whole one?
It will not fit.

Let the heart be broken in bitterness for its confines. Let it be whole in the joy of a boundless soul.

This is the secret that the human being holds over the angels: Only the human heart can be broken and whole at once.

Tzvi Freeman
this is something If one gets over the usage Ifinite for God that Christians often say. funny how much in common we have with them.

The food source for Noah and family has for the first time includes a good steak along with veggies. This must have been puzzling for them, as to which ones would be good to eat. It must have been a funny experiment in my thinking.

I don't think that was the first time people ate meat. People base that idea on the fact that this is the first time that eating meat is mentioned. But that doesn't mean it was the first time it happened. There were already rules in place about which animals could be eaten and which ones could not. Just before the flood, God told Noah:

Take with you seven pairs of all clean animals, the male and his mate, and a pair of the animals that are not clean, the male and his mate, and seven pairs of the birds of the heavens also, male and female, to keep their offspring alive on the face of all the earth. (Gen. 7:2-3 ESV)​

Noah already knew about clean and unclean animals. But even without that, we know that people were making sacrifices since shortly after the fall. What did they do with those sacrifices? Most sacrifices were not burnt whole, but were eaten, either by the priests or by the one making the sacrifice. Before the priesthood was established, it would have been the latter.

The TOG​

I don't think noah did. I believe that genesis was written to post exodus Hebrews and explained what he eat to them and from a kosher point of view.

Genesis Day One.
1:1-5 "In the beginning God" Elohim, is a plural noun in form and three in essence.
God — the name of the Supreme Being, signifying in Hebrew, “Strong,” “Mighty.” It is expressive of omnipotent power; and by its use here in the plural form, is obscurely taught at the opening of the Bible, a doctrine clearly revealed in other parts of it, namely, that though God is one, there is a plurality of persons in the Godhead - Father, Son, and Spirit, who were engaged in the creative work (Pro_8:27; Joh_1:3, Joh_1:10; Eph_3:9; Heb_1:2; Job_26:13). (Used by permission E-Sword)

Regardless of what science imagines how the earth and everything in it came about, the Bible teaches us that the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit were the creators of creation.

There is great emphasis that we put on God creating out of nothing, not just remodeling, but creating NEW! When God created, He spoke with His voice what exists.

"Without form and void" Thomas Chamlers (1780-1847) In 1814 he was the first to mention that there was a gap between verse 1 and 2. He places a pre- Adamic age. Some great catastrophe took place and ruined it. There are quite a few theories of a cosmos prior to this account of creation. My teaching has always been, if our Lord wanted us to know about this, He would have instructed us in His Word.

Praise the Lord for the light! Light I feel is Holy! Light dispels darkness. Day and Night is the official Biblical 24 hour, per day. At the "beginning" it was important to establish how many hours in a day. This would establish our day count for months and years.

Hi,

I am not sure if I can post yet. Apparently my name I chose is a "no-no". I can't figure out how to change it.

This is very exciting to find a deeper study on Genesis. Many won't go deep into Genesis because on the surface it looks like the physical creation we have. It's not! It's a deep, spiritual book. I used to think there was a HUGE gap in Gen 1:1 and Gen 1:2, but don't believe there is. Here is the powerful key I discovered.

Genesis 1 is all spiritual. It is the creation of the spiritual side of the realm called "Earth" and the creation of spiritual man who has spiritual ruling power over "Earth". The "days" are spiritual days and not regular 24 hour natural days. I believe natural creation is currently in Day 6 which is the day of "man". True believers are in Day 7 which is God's rest or rest from works. This is different where in Genesis 2 talks of the specific "day" that the current PHYSICAL creation of Adam was created. I suspect there were other creations of man-like beings before Adam and that is where we get things like dinosaurs and cavemen. There is no denying the scientific evidence that shows they were there for a long time before Adam. Genesis 2 is only about the current creation of "Adam" or natural physical man made in the "likeness" of God. Previous versions of "man" were not in the likeness of God. Science has proven that Neanderthal man has different DNA than homo-sapiens. They are not related.

So, the big point is that Genesis 1 talks of the spiritual side of the realm of Earth and Genesis 2 is the creation of physical, natural man called Adam or the current natural creation. Believe it or not, God calls Genesis 2 natural man a "beast" in Gen 1 that the powerful Gen 1 spiritual man would "rule over". I can believe that knowing my old natural person and how he was without God - an animal! Here is a little proof. Look at Gen 9:3

Every moving thing that is alive shall be food for you; I give all to you, as I gave the green plant. (Gen 9:3 NASB)

Who is God talking to in Genesis 9:3? Noah, right? He was a man. He had previously given him the "green plant" but now he could also eat the flesh of animals.

Now, go back to Genesis 1 and find out who God originally gave the "green plant" to for food. It wasn't man, was it? There is MUCH more to all this that I have been discovering. I believe God is finally unlocking the powerful story of Genesis so we can know the truth.

Kicked

Hi,

I am not sure if I can post yet. Apparently my name I chose is a "no-no". I can't figure out how to change it.

This is very exciting to find a deeper study on Genesis. Many won't go deep into Genesis because on the surface it looks like the physical creation we have. It's not! It's a deep, spiritual book. I used to think there was a HUGE gap in Gen 1:1 and Gen 1:2, but don't believe there is. Here is the powerful key I discovered.

Genesis 1 is all spiritual. It is the creation of the spiritual side of the realm called "Earth" and the creation of spiritual man who has spiritual ruling power over "Earth". The "days" are spiritual days and not regular 24 hour natural days. I believe natural creation is currently in Day 6 which is the day of "man". True believers are in Day 7 which is God's rest or rest from works. This is different where in Genesis 2 talks of the specific "day" that the current PHYSICAL creation of Adam was created. I suspect there were other creations of man-like beings before Adam and that is where we get things like dinosaurs and cavemen. There is no denying the scientific evidence that shows they were there for a long time before Adam. Genesis 2 is only about the current creation of "Adam" or natural physical man made in the "likeness" of God. Previous versions of "man" were not in the likeness of God. Science has proven that Neanderthal man has different DNA than homo-sapiens. They are not related.

So, the big point is that Genesis 1 talks of the spiritual side of the realm of Earth and Genesis 2 is the creation of physical, natural man called Adam or the current natural creation. Believe it or not, God calls Genesis 2 natural man a "beast" in Gen 1 that the powerful Gen 1 spiritual man would "rule over". I can believe that knowing my old natural person and how he was without God - an animal! Here is a little proof. Look at Gen 9:3

Every moving thing that is alive shall be food for you; I give all to you, as I gave the green plant. (Gen 9:3 NASB)

Who is God talking to in Genesis 9:3? Noah, right? He was a man. He had previously given him the "green plant" but now he could also eat the flesh of animals.

Now, go back to Genesis 1 and find out who God originally gave the "green plant" to for food. It wasn't man, was it? There is MUCH more to all this that I have been discovering. I believe God is finally unlocking the powerful story of Genesis so we can know the truth.

Kicked
h.neanderthalis was very much human.

I don't know what that means to be very much human, but the articles I have read say that the DNA is different than that of modern man that I called "Adam". Check out the 4th paragraph of this article. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neanderthal_genome_project. Here is the part I was referring to:

Additionally, in 2010, the announcement of the discovery and analysis of Mitochondrial DNA (mtDNA) from the Denisova hominin in Siberia revealed that this specimen differs from that of modern humans by 385 bases (nucleotides) in the mtDNA strand out of approximately 16,500, whereas the difference between modern humans and Neanderthals is around 202 bases. In contrast, the difference between chimpanzees and modern humans is approximately 1,462 mtDNA base pairs.

Point is that DNA for Neanderthal man does NOT match Adam. It's a little closer than chimpanzees, but does not match Adam's DNA.

To me, this is good news because it shows that the current creation of Adam is around 7-9k years old as expected, but there were "pre" man types like Neanderthal and other types of man not as advanced as Adam. As the scientific evidence shows that Neanderthal man was not part of "Adam" but was actually before Adam. Thus, we can account for all the scientific evidence such as fossils that are older than 7,000-9,000 years (Age of Adam). Science and the Bible perfectly do reconcile then! Biblically, this makes sense if we think that Genesis 1 is all spiritual (not physical man) and could include many creations of "beasts" but Genesis 2 is the specific creation of natural man or Adam that we are currently aware of and the Bible is about.

I always believed the truth would shut up science who is trying to disprove God and this definitely seems to be the case. I could be wrong, but this is pretty strong evidence IMHO.

I don't know what that means to be very much human, but the articles I have read say that the DNA is different than that of modern man that I called "Adam". Check out the 4th paragraph of this article. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neanderthal_genome_project. Here is the part I was referring to:

Additionally, in 2010, the announcement of the discovery and analysis of Mitochondrial DNA (mtDNA) from the Denisova hominin in Siberia revealed that this specimen differs from that of modern humans by 385 bases (nucleotides) in the mtDNA strand out of approximately 16,500, whereas the difference between modern humans and Neanderthals is around 202 bases. In contrast, the difference between chimpanzees and modern humans is approximately 1,462 mtDNA base pairs.

Point is that DNA for Neanderthal man does NOT match Adam. It's a little closer than chimpanzees, but does not match Adam's DNA.

To me, this is good news because it shows that the current creation of Adam is around 7-9k years old as expected, but there were "pre" man types like Neanderthal and other types of man not as advanced as Adam. As the scientific evidence shows that Neanderthal man was not part of "Adam" but was actually before Adam. Thus, we can account for all the scientific evidence such as fossils that are older than 7,000-9,000 years (Age of Adam). Science and the Bible perfectly do reconcile then! Biblically, this makes sense if we think that Genesis 1 is all spiritual (not physical man) and could include many creations of "beasts" but Genesis 2 is the specific creation of natural man or Adam that we are currently aware of and the Bible is about.

I always believed the truth would shut up science who is trying to disprove God and this definitely seems to be the case. I could be wrong, but this is pretty strong evidence IMHO.
that would mean death before death and h.neanderthalis had a culture. intelligent and able to have a culture. sorry I will let chopper or a mod deal with this. gap theory isn't being taught in this thread.

The verses for today are Gen 9, 1-6 lets try to keep it close to those :confused2
I believe that noah taught abram the accounts or his sons. sure he came to god as his family was a serveant of god. nahor. we do know that abram was an idolater and later came to god.

Gen 9:8 And God spake unto Noah, and to his sons with him, saying,
Gen 9:9 And I, behold, I establish my covenant with you, and with your seed after you;
Gen 9:10 And with every living creature that is with you, of the fowl, of the cattle, and of every beast of the earth with you; from all that go out of the ark, to every beast of the earth.
Gen 9:11 And I will establish my covenant with you; neither shall all flesh be cut off any more by the waters of a flood; neither shall there any more be a flood to destroy the earth.
Gen 9:12 And God said, This is the token of the covenant which I make between me and you and every living creature that is with you, for perpetual generations:
Gen 9:13 I do set my bow in the cloud, and it shall be for a token of a covenant between me and the earth.
Gen 9:14 And it shall come to pass, when I bring a cloud over the earth, that the bow shall be seen in the cloud:
Gen 9:15 And I will remember my covenant, which is between me and you and every living creature of all flesh; and the waters shall no more become a flood to destroy all flesh.
Gen 9:16 And the bow shall be in the cloud; and I will look upon it, that I may remember the everlasting covenant between God and every living creature of all flesh that is upon the earth.
Gen 9:17 And God said unto Noah, This is the token of the covenant, which I have established between me and all flesh that is upon the earth.

Rev 6:2 And I saw, and behold a white horse: and he that sat on him had a bow; and a crown was given unto him: and he went forth conquering, and to conquer.

NOTICE: This is a study on the basics and foundation of Genesis. There are many bunny trails that one can take like the one Reba has been deleting. If you want to discuss these bunny trails I suggest you go to another Forum. DO NOT USE THIS THREAD FOR OTHER TOPICS.

Day 26 5/12/14 Genesis 9:8-17 The Covenant.

In this Chapter, in V.1, and in V.8 God is now speaking to Noah and his sons. It's always good to have a witness, and since this is an important occasion that will carry into the future, God included Shem, Ham, and Japheth, who will be the ones who start the new population of man on earth.

YHWH Himself makes a covenant with Noah, his sons, and their offspring. This is the first clearly named Covenant that God gives mankind.

A covenant legally and formally bind two parties together. Usually there are penalties for breaking a covenant. It is interesting that not only is Noah, his sons, mentioned, but the animals, and in a round about way, the earth being affected by a flood.

Some covenants require a sign, such as circumcision being the sign of the Covenant with Abraham. This Covenant's sign is the rainbow, or as God calls it a "Bow". There have been some unusual interpretations of the "bow" being God's warrior bow. It seems to be something different for various people. To some, it's an indication that the earth is round. Me being Irish, I'm still looking for the "pot of gold".

To me, a Covenant established by YHWH is very serious! I don't have to hope or to have faith that it will happen, if God said it, I believe it, case closed!

Back