Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Depending upon the Holy Spirit for all you do?

Read through the following study by Tenchi for more on this topic

https://christianforums.net/threads/without-the-holy-spirit-we-can-do-nothing.109419/

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

https://christianforums.net/forums/questions-and-answers/

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Bible Study WELCOME TO A DEEP LOOK AT GENESIS

ooops = kekyboard moved.

was supposed to be "this is still true" .... (although not always a 'good' effect, btw) as in a fragrant aroma for the redeemed is an odor of death to the lost who remain in rebellion against Jesus. (looking it up)

now think, who do you know leads an observably holy(set apart) life that others can see ? ... ... ... (quite different from their fellow neighbors or countrymen who live a pagan life)

2 Corinthians 2:14-16
Expanded Bible (EXB)

Victory Through Christ
14 But thanks be to God, who always leads us as captives in Christ’s victory ·parade [procession; C the image is of a victorious Roman general leading his army and his captives through the streets]. God uses us to spread ·his knowledge everywhere like a sweet-smelling perfume [L the aroma/fragrance of the knowledge of him; C incense or spices were burned during such victory parades]. 15 ·Our offering to God is this: [or For God’s sake; or To God] We are the ·sweet smell [aroma; fragrance] of Christ among those who are being saved and among those who are ·being lost [perishing; headed for destruction]. 16 To those who are ·lost [perishing; headed for destruction], we are the ·smell [aroma] of death that brings death, but to those who are being saved, we are the ·smell [aroma] of life that brings life. So who is ·able [qualified; adequate] to do this work?
Thanks Jeff.

Good point Chop. 1Peter tells us we will need to put up with being treated badly, as Noah did. because of our faith.

1Pe 3:13-17 KJV And who is he that will harm you, if ye be followers of that which is good? (14) But and if ye suffer for righteousness' sake, happy are ye: and be not afraid of their terror, neither be troubled; (15) But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear: (16) Having a good conscience; that, whereas they speak evil of you, as of evildoers, they may be ashamed that falsely accuse your good conversation in Christ. (17) For it is better, if the will of God be so, that ye suffer for well doing, than for evil doing.

Considering Jesus said the end times will be like in the days of Noah I also wonder about what you said. Sometimes the effect is Baptism with Spirit and sometimes with fire maybe.

Thank you for quoting 1 Peter 3:13-17 it fits. The Baptism in the Holy Spirit is the only way to be involved in His work convicting the world of sin and a judgment to come.

Gen 6:11 The earth also was corrupt before God, and the earth was filled with violence.
Gen 6:12 And God looked upon the earth, and, behold, it was corrupt; for all flesh had corrupted his way upon the earth.
Gen 6:13 And God said unto Noah, The end of all flesh is come before me; for the earth is filled with violence through them; and, behold, I will destroy them with the earth.
Gen 6:14 Make thee an ark of gopher wood; rooms shalt thou make in the ark, and shalt pitch it within and without with pitch.
Gen 6:15 And this is the fashion which thou shalt make it of: The length of the ark shall be three hundred cubits, the breadth of it fifty cubits, and the height of it thirty cubits.
Gen 6:16 A window shalt thou make to the ark, and in a cubit shalt thou finish it above; and the door of the ark shalt thou set in the side thereof; with lower, second, and third stories shalt thou make it.
Gen 6:17 And, behold, I, even I, do bring a flood of waters upon the earth, to destroy all flesh, wherein is the breath of life, from under heaven; and every thing that is in the earth shall die.
Gen 6:18 But with thee will I establish my covenant; and thou shalt come into the ark, thou, and thy sons, and thy wife, and thy sons' wives with thee.
Gen 6:19 And of every living thing of all flesh, two of every sort shalt thou bring into the ark, to keep them alive with thee; they shall be male and female.
Gen 6:20 Of fowls after their kind, and of cattle after their kind, of every creeping thing of the earth after his kind, two of every sort shall come unto thee, to keep them alive.
Gen 6:21 And take thou unto thee of all food that is eaten, and thou shalt gather it to thee; and it shall be for food for thee, and for them.
Gen 6:22 Thus did Noah; according to all that God commanded him, so did he.

Day 22 5/8/14 Genesis 6:11-22 Man left to himself.

In this segment of early life on this earth without any law governing the actions of men, here we have the results. God, the righteous One says "the earth was corrupt in God's sight, and the earth was filled with violence." This part of our study really bothers me! With Seth's righteous family living on the mountain, and the rule placed down by Seth that his sons would not go down to the daughters of Cain, I believe that life would have taken a different direction. BUT, Oh no! the old lust of the eyes and lust of the flesh caused these lads not to be satisfied with the women that were there because the daughters of Cain were so much more beautiful. That mixture reminds me of the N.T. restriction on Born again folk, not marry those who are not born again. Mixed marriages are filled with conflict, same here with the descendents of Seth and Cain. In fact, disaster came on all but Noah.

There are those who wish that they could live in a place where there are no laws or rules, something like the autobahn in Germany, no speed limits. IMO, however modern man feels about his capabilities, life would eventually end up the same as this society in Genesis six, "all flesh had corrupted their way.

God gave Noah specific measurements for building the arc that would save the lives of Noah and his family. The measurements would be....Note, in looking up what different men estimate the measurements, three different men proposed three different measurements of the arc. So, somewhere around 540' long, 90' wide, and 54' high would be the size. Apparently, a cubit was the measurement from the elbow, to the middle finger. No wonder there is such a difference in measurements, depending on whose elbow to finger is being measured. :lol I found it very amusing at the different suggestions of measurements. :hysterical

There were precise materials to be used, as well as pitch for sealing. God was also clear on the different animals and insects to occupy the arc, as well as food for Noah and the animals. (I'll just bet that the black flies drove them nuts!

The best part IMO is Noah "did all that God commanded."

We see salvation in the arc. Those in the ark (HIM) are save and carried through the storm.
The ark is covered inside and out with pitch.. Pitch (sap) is the lifeblood of the tree...We are covered in His Blood
It is built in 3 stories

We see a Godly covenant ... we see obedience from Noah

We see salvation in the arc. Those in the ark (HIM) are save and carried through the storm.
The ark is covered inside and out with pitch.. Pitch (sap) is the lifeblood of the tree...We are covered in His Blood
It is built in 3 stories

Thank you Reba, I was hoping someone would mention something about Salvation. I really like your remark about the Pitch being a type of life blood, I had never thought of it that way. :amen :sohappy

It is built in 3 stories

3 stories ? What do you see?
His-story?

pitch - H3722
A primitive root; to cover ; figuratively to expiate or condone, to placate or cancel: - appease, make (an) atonement, cleanse, disannul, forgive, be merciful, pacify, pardon, to pitch, purge (away), put off, (make) reconcile (-liation).

Wow cool Pitch now that's way cool thanks Rebs and Debs that one gave me goosebumps .

Gen 7:1 And the LORD said unto Noah, Come thou and all thy house into the ark; for thee have I seen righteous before me in this generation.
Gen 7:2 Of every clean beast thou shalt take to thee by sevens, the male and his female: and of beasts that are not clean by two, the male and his female.
Gen 7:3 Of fowls also of the air by sevens, the male and the female; to keep seed alive upon the face of all the earth.
Gen 7:4 For yet seven days, and I will cause it to rain upon the earth forty days and forty nights; and every living substance that I have made will I destroy from off the face of the earth.
The patterns of 7 and 40 are showing up
Gen 7:5 And Noah did according unto all that the LORD commanded him.
the importance of obedience
Gen 7:6 And Noah was six hundred years old when the flood of waters was upon the earth.
Gen 7:7 And Noah went in, and his sons, and his wife, and his sons' wives with him, into the ark, because of the waters of the flood.
Gen 7:8 Of clean beasts, and of beasts that are not clean, and of fowls, and of every thing that creepeth upon the earth,
Gen 7:9 There went in two and two unto Noah into the ark, the male and the female, as God had commanded Noah.
Gen 7:10 And it came to pass after seven days, that the waters of the flood were upon the earth.
Gen 7:11 In the six hundredth year of Noah's life, in the second month, the seventeenth day of the month, the same day were all the fountains of the great deep broken up, and the windows of heaven were opened.
I have often wondered if this was the time the continents divided
Gen 7:12 And the rain was upon the earth forty days and forty nights.
Gen 7:13 In the selfsame day entered Noah, and Shem, and Ham, and Japheth, the sons of Noah, and Noah's wife, and the three wives of his sons with them, into the ark;
Gen 7:14 They, and every beast after his kind, and all the cattle after their kind, and every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth after his kind, and every fowl after his kind, every bird of every sort.
Gen 7:15 And they went in unto Noah into the ark, two and two of all flesh, wherein is the breath of life.
Gen 7:16 And they that went in, went in male and female of all flesh, as God had commanded him: and the LORD shut him in.
Gen 7:17 And the flood was forty days upon the earth; and the waters increased, and bare up the ark, and it was lift up above the earth.
Gen 7:18 And the waters prevailed, and were increased greatly upon the earth; and the ark went upon the face of the waters.
Gen 7:19 And the waters prevailed exceedingly upon the earth; and all the high hills, that were under the whole heaven, were covered.
Gen 7:20 Fifteen cubits upward did the waters prevail; and the mountains were covered.
Gen 7:21 And all flesh died that moved upon the earth, both of fowl, and of cattle, and of beast, and of every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth, and every man:
Gen 7:22 All in whose nostrils was the breath of life, of all that was in the dry land, died.
Gen 7:23 And every living substance was destroyed which was upon the face of the ground, both man, and cattle, and the creeping things, and the fowl of the heaven; and they were destroyed from the earth: and Noah only remained alive, and they that were with him in the ark.
Gen 7:24 And the waters prevailed upon the earth an hundred and fifty days.

Day 23 5/9/14 Genesis 7:1-24 A Forty Day Cruise.

Clean Beasts = 7 Pairs, male & female
Unclean Beasts = 1 pair, male & female
Fowls = 7 pair, male & female

Some of the animals are more important than others because they will be used after the flood for sacrifices, and will be eaten for food.

It seems important to me that the Scriptures include the exact date of the flood as well as Noah's age, so that in the future, archeologists may stumble on these truths to prove this is no fairy tale.

There are some interesting ideas that I have heard of in the past. I couldn't find any of those in my studies today. So I'll try to jog my memory and see what comes up! :eek A flood means rain, no problem for us but prior to the flood, it had never rained. You can hear the people saying, "Right Noah, it's going to rain, what's that? Up to this point, it had never rained. The earth was moistened by a "mist". Now, consider where Noah lived, there were no large bodies of water near by to float a big boat like the ark, "is Noah crazy?" They would say.

For 120 years Noah and perhaps his boys would be sawing, hammering, pitching horse shoes, opps :lol pitching the ark, day in and day out, 120 years. Man, you got to have a lot of faith that God told you to do it! All the while, Noah kept it up, knowing that he and his family were the only ones who were going to be saved from the flood. Reba pointed out that the ark represents Christ, our Vessel of Salvation.

It must have been very difficult for the family of Noah to know that all their neighbors, friends, and relatives of the wives of the boys are going to perish. You got to know that those wives loved their moms & pops, brothers and sisters etc. and to hear the screams of their loved ones and the others banging on the side of the ark, must have been heart wrenching for them all. It would be like folks realizing that they should have listened to the one who was presenting Salvation to them BUT now it's to late!

Have you ever considered that Noah might not have known he was building a boat? That the ark may have been the very first boat? Prior to the knowledge that man made structures could float, everyone might have just believed Noah was building a ridiculous large house. Noah might not even have known how the ark would enable salvation, but simply built it as instructed in faith.

Have you ever considered that Noah might not have known he was building a boat? That the ark may have been the very first boat? Prior to the knowledge that man made structures could float, everyone might have just believed Noah was building a ridiculous large house. Noah might not even have known how the ark would enable salvation, but simply built it as instructed in faith.

That certainly poses an important question. I suppose it could be possible. I don't know if this is the first boat. The following is from (Wikipedia, used by permission.)"The earliest boats are thought to have been logboats,[6] and the oldest boats found by archaeological excavation date from around 7,000–10,000 years ago. The oldest recovered boat in the world is the Pesse canoe, a dugout made from the hollowed tree trunk of a Pinus sylvestris and constructed somewhere between 8200 and 7600 BC. This canoe is exhibited in the Drents Museum in Assen, Netherlands."

Certainly the size of the ark would raise some questions I'm sure. You guess about Noah building a house is very possible.

Interesting Sinthesis I've never thought about that before. Yahweh did say he was bringing a watery flood and that He was making a covenant with Noah ( while destroying all flesh ) but I suppose we can't be sure how Noah pictured this would happen.

Back