Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

what are you listening to right now?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
I come on here during class or studying sometimes. How do you think I'm on for such a good part of the day? lol It's a bad habit, and my ipod touch makes it easier. (Although the ipod is helpful in some ways by keeping me off the computer more.)

I've been in an Owl City or Relient K mood lately. Crush 40 would be good, too. I believe I've burnt myself out on Skillet for the time being.

@questdriven : Too much Christian hard rock for the time being, maybe? Blessings.

GuyshelpIcan'tstopchainsawing

[video=youtube;lbI0-jdwj54]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbI0-jdwj54[/video]

[video=youtube;uY_kZnhpnAs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uY_kZnhpnAs[/video]

Who doesn't want to hit the cray button?
I wonder happens if I hit the cray button
I guarantee the whole place starts jumpin'
I'm gonna do it
Let me hit the cray button!

[video=youtube;WB6jhbtDUZE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WB6jhbtDUZE[/video]

Ecc 3:1-22 YLT said:
1 To everything -- a season, and a time to every delight under the heavens:
  • A time to bring forth, And a time to die.
    A time to plant, And a time to eradicate the planted.
  • A time to slay, And a time to heal,
    A time to break down, And a time to build up.
  • A time to weep, And a time to laugh.
    A time to mourn, And a time to skip.
  • A time to cast away stones, And a time to heap up stones.
    A time to embrace, And a time to be far from embracing.
  • A time to seek, And a time to destroy.
    A time to keep, And a time to cast away.
  • A time to rend, And a time to sew.
    A time to be silent, And a time to speak.
  • A time to love, And a time to hate.
    A time of war, And a time of peace.

What advantage hath the doer in that which he is labouring at?

10 I have seen the travail that God hath given to the sons of man to be humbled by it.
11 The whole He hath made beautiful in its season; also, that knowledge He hath put in their heart without which man findeth not out the work that God hath done from the beginning even unto the end.​
12 I have known that there is no good for them except to rejoice and to do good during their life,
13 yea, even every man who eateth and hath drunk and seen good by all his labour, it [is] a gift of God.​
14 I have known that all that God doth is to the age, to it nothing is to be added, and from it nothing is to be withdrawn; and God hath wrought that they do fear before Him.

What is that which hath been? already it is, and that which [is] to be hath already been, and God requireth that which is pursued.

16 And again, I have seen under the sun the place of judgment -- there [is] the wicked; and the place of righteousness -- there [is] the wicked.
17 I said in my heart, `The righteous and the wicked doth God judge, for a time [is] to every matter and for every work there.' 18 I said in my heart concerning the matter of the sons of man that God might cleanse them, so as to see that they themselves [are] beasts.​

19 For an event [is to] the sons of man, and an event [is to] the beasts, even one event [is] to them; as the death of this, so [is] the death of that; and one spirit [is] to all, and the advantage of man above the beast is nothing, for the whole [is] vanity.
20 The whole are going unto one place, the whole have been from the dust, and the whole are turning back unto the dust. 21 Who knoweth the spirit of the sons of man that is going up on high, and the spirit of the beast that is going down below to the earth?​

22 And I have seen that there is nothing better than that man rejoice in his works, for it [is] his portion; for who doth bring him in to look on that which is after him?
[MENTION=7377]Brother Mike[/MENTION]

Is there a way to get music free and like... not steal it? I used 2 just download music, but now that Im going 2 church Ive started listening to Christian music. There are a few bands like sidewalk prophets that I like a lot. I want 2 listen 2 them bad but I dont have ne money. I feel especially bad stealing Christian music LOL. Is there any other way 2 get it?

Thanks!

Not exactly free but what I love to do is visit Christian Bookstores and look for their discounted specials. $5 for a CD? easy to find.

There are other places and other ways that may be explored, but I wanted to share my top fav method. Easy to take CD's and populate the music from the Harddrive of my PC to the other devices that I can carry around with me.

What other tips do we have for music? [MENTION=89910]questdriven[/MENTION]

Pandora is fairly famous, there are free internet radio stations and that might work? I just don't have the links handy is all. Bing Search "Free Music Online"

Is there a way to get music free and like... not steal it?

Share your results, please? I like free too.

Use Spotify! You can stream as much music as you like for free with ads once per like 3 songs, and for the small amount of $10 or something you can get unlimited music without any ads and also the ability to download them to your phone.

Blessings

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk 4

Listening to music on youtube is an option, too. Usually the person who uploaded it didn't do so legally. But I can't get in trouble for simply viewing it, can I?
I have Pandora on my ipod.

You can buy individual songs from iTunes and they're usually around .99, or something like 1.29 for more popular bands. Probably most of the "albums" on my iPod consist of one or two songs. lol I do want to buy the rest of those albums sometime, just to have more music to listen to on the go.

Anyway, yeah, I don't pirate music both because I don't want the law to decide to make an example of me, and I want to support the bands I like by helping them stay in business.

[MENTION=89910]questdriven[/MENTION]:

So have you heard any more really good hard rock lately, from Christian bands?

Blessings.

Is there a way to get music free and like... not steal it? I used 2 just download music, but now that Im going 2 church Ive started listening to Christian music. There are a few bands like sidewalk prophets that I like a lot. I want 2 listen 2 them bad but I dont have ne money. I feel especially bad stealing Christian music LOL. Is there any other way 2 get it?

Thanks!

JB, I've been told that the music on You Tube is not considered pirated or illegal and this is why You Tube is still out there and their music hasn't been taken down like so many other sites. So you can use a freeware program like Audacity to record the music right off of You Tube and then convert it to a number of file formats, including .wav and .mp3. Sure you won't get the absolute top quality sound, but very few people would ever be able to tell the difference if they aren't looking for it. In fact, the song I linked to above was converted to mp3 with Audacity.

I don't believe for a minute that God only wants His music to be heard only by those who can afford to pay for it, so I don't feel the least bit guilty about recording off of You Tube! Can't see how it's any different than 20 years ago when people turned on a cassette recorder in front of a radio and recorded songs. As long as those tapes weren't being sold, there was no problem!

Last edited by a moderator:
Companies often make a big deal just because they can these days. They can and do go too far at times.
YouTube appeases copyright holders when they complain by removing videos, suspending accounts, restricting access to certain countries, and disabling audio.

I don't see songs removed from YouTube very often, though, if ever. Usually it's uploads of or clips from a TV series or AMVs using copyrighted footage or something that get removed.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk - now Free

I used to download music off youtube, but stopped because I just wanted to be safe. I've either deleted the downloads or went and bought the tracks I downloaded.

Anyways, right now I'm enjoying the Vice Verses album by Switchfoot. Currently playing is Selling the News.

I used to download music off youtube, but stopped because I just wanted to be safe. I've either deleted the downloads or went and bought the tracks I downloaded.

Anyways, right now I'm enjoying the Vice Verses album by Switchfoot. Currently playing is Selling the News.

Some good hard rock there, from these Christian artists?

Blessings.

Blessings.
According to wikipedia, Switchfoot does some hard rock.

Blessings.

I see. So maybe it wasn't particularly hard rock from Switchfoot that you've just been listening to, though?

Going back a few months, you were really into Christian hard rock, weren't you?

Blessings.

Blessings.

I see. So maybe it wasn't particularly hard rock from Switchfoot that you've just been listening to, though?

Going back a few months, you were really into Christian hard rock, weren't you?

Blessings.
I like and listen to a lot of stuff. Hard rock is one of things I tend to like the most. But I do like variety.

I like and listen to a lot of stuff. Hard rock is one of things I tend to like the most. But I do like variety.

Once you had became an adult and discovered that you had a strong sense of affinity with the expressiveness of Christian hard rock, you would be likely to retain a strong identification with it, whatever other varieties of musical style you might also come to, or continue to, enjoy also. (If this makes sense?)

For myself, I must admit that Disciple's Battle Lines is among the most expressive Christian hard rock I've ever heard, with bold and uncompromising lyrics.

Blessings.

[video=youtube;EYzxQr7LC_w]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYzxQr7LC_w[/video]

Quite possibly one of my favorite songs of all time. It's one of Red's softer songs, but I love the lyrics and the message so much. It's very relateble (sp?) and represents a lot of emotions, hopes, and fears.
I think the music suits it perfectly.

Back