Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Depending upon the Holy Spirit for all you do?

Read through the following study by Tenchi for more on this topic

https://christianforums.net/threads/without-the-holy-spirit-we-can-do-nothing.109419/

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

https://christianforums.net/forums/questions-and-answers/

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

what are you listening to right now?

Bridge over Troubled Waters by Guyman and Sorefunkel is an old fave... :)

I love "Bridge" to ..
/grin .. I spent many hours in my youth, decades ago, listening to "Gimon and Sarfunkel" ... they had some cool tunes to be sure. :rocking

Speaking of "Bridge" give this one a shot .. it beats the "Guyman and Sorefunkel" version, me thinks:

This is a powerful version .. Josh Groban with Brian McKnight coming in about midway ..
and sort of a tribute to the very cool David Foster [Andrea Bocelli's
good friend and the number one promoter of great music] ..

♫ ♪ ♫ ♪

Spontaneous Duet- By Nichole Fujan (sung in Tongues!) Very powerful and beautiful. With interpretation towards the end. In Nichole's own words:

Nicole:
" The Lord wanted me to bring in an instrumental track by an Italian composer, Ludovico Einaudi, and then sing in tongues along with one of his songs for recording. Nothing was planned. Nothing was rehearsed. I simply walked in the studio by faith that God would sing through me. I told my studio engineer that I going to do something different artistically. He didn’t know what to expect when I told him I’m going to sing in babble, but if he wanted to know that technical term, it’s called singing in the Spirit. So we did two takes and while I was singing, the GLORY of God showed up in a magnificent way….nothing like I’ve ever experienced in or out of the recording studio. I felt like the hot sun, or some really hot baking lamps were shining on me and the heat only intensified as I continued to sing this song in tongues. After I was finished, I was sweating from head to toe and all I did was stand there and sing in faith that God would deliver a song from heaven to the earth. In production, my engineer decided to overlap the tracks just for fun to hear what it would sound like as a duet. (We did not intend for it to be a duet initially) Well, when he played it each track fit together like pieces of a puzzle! I was able to be a witness to the non-believing engineer when he said, “Oh that was a cool coincidence.” I said, ‘No. THAT was not a coincidence. That was God.”

When I got back home, the Lord instructed me to put it up on Youtube to bless other with it. I hear many lyrical layers within this prophetic song. I perceive in my heart that this song will be written and re-written with English lyrics and in many different languages. My greatest hope is that every person who hears this song would hear for themselves what the Holy Spirit is speaking to their hearts. This is what I hear God crying out in that song:

All the earth is mine! I am coming soon
for a bride washed white, spotless, GLORIFIED!
I will restore My people soon!
For those who prepare, I’ll give them room~
Seated at my table on that day of My Wedding Feast
To them I’ll say, pull up a chair, IT’S TIME TO EAT!
Don’t delay in your preparation
To those who find the oil are those who chose separation
From all the world and the love of its stuff
My bride, she clings to Me only and refuses to give up
On My Word and having FAITH
For I have set aside one glorious DATE
To have her walk into the wedding chambers
With me forever…all because I came to save her.
So rise up! Rise up! Rise UP, my church!
You’re warriors though you look wounded and hurt
I’ve come to heal, deliver and prosper you- body, soul and spirit
But this only comes to those who choose to hear it
And do the WORDS I’ve spoken
It’s not too late, to choose LIFE
And heal your hearts so broken.
I’m breathing life in you right now
Surrender to these words I’m singing and I will show you how
To love me greater and greater each day
I won’t leave your side, I haven’t gone astray.
Keep seeking me day and night
And I will give you Words of LIGHT
For all the darkness that pervades around you
It will have no chance to drown or harm you
You should never by dismayed
Since all the earth is mine~ I am surely preparing the way
Keep your lamps well lit and oil to spare
Don’t give it away or try to share
You each should seek me on your own time
And then you will have each a glorious ride
UP, UP, UP to my glorious kingdom- RISE!
I have got such a wonderful SURPRISE
For each of my faithful servants who choose not to keep their own lives, but DIE
Rewards unspeakable are theirs in heaven
On earth I have created them for my glory to SHINE.
So shine, SHINE, SHINE
Shine brightly as the sun! (Son)
I cannot have a church united when they are broken and undone
With division~evil pervades damnation
Yet in unity~ the whole church resounds SALVATION
Is found in Christ the Lord, our One True Savior
They will know us by our Love
So be willing to give and give and give
Yet NEVER GIVE UP!

I posted an English fandub of this a while back. It's simply epic. This is the original version of the song.

Opening to Attack on Titan, which I'm watching currently. (I'm midway through the episodes that have been produced so far. An official English dub is coming within the next year. I look forward to it.)
Mild violence in this video, but nothing all that bad I don't think. Those things like look like giant people are called titans, and in the anime they are the predators of humanity.

Spontaneous Duet- By Nichole Fujan (sung in Tongues!) Very powerful and beautiful. With interpretation towards the end. In Nichole's own words:

Nicole:
" The Lord wanted me to bring in an instrumental track by an Italian composer, Ludovico Einaudi, and then sing in tongues along with one of his songs for recording. Nothing was planned. Nothing was rehearsed. I simply walked in the studio by faith that God would sing through me. I told my studio engineer that I going to do something different artistically. He didn’t know what to expect when I told him I’m going to sing in babble, but if he wanted to know that technical term, it’s called singing in the Spirit. So we did two takes and while I was singing, the GLORY of God showed up in a magnificent way….nothing like I’ve ever experienced in or out of the recording studio. I felt like the hot sun, or some really hot baking lamps were shining on me and the heat only intensified as I continued to sing this song in tongues. After I was finished, I was sweating from head to toe and all I did was stand there and sing in faith that God would deliver a song from heaven to the earth. In production, my engineer decided to overlap the tracks just for fun to hear what it would sound like as a duet. (We did not intend for it to be a duet initially) Well, when he played it each track fit together like pieces of a puzzle! I was able to be a witness to the non-believing engineer when he said, “Oh that was a cool coincidence.” I said, ‘No. THAT was not a coincidence. That was God.”

When I got back home, the Lord instructed me to put it up on Youtube to bless other with it. I hear many lyrical layers within this prophetic song. I perceive in my heart that this song will be written and re-written with English lyrics and in many different languages. My greatest hope is that every person who hears this song would hear for themselves what the Holy Spirit is speaking to their hearts. This is what I hear God crying out in that song:

All the earth is mine! I am coming soon
for a bride washed white, spotless, GLORIFIED!
I will restore My people soon!
For those who prepare, I’ll give them room~
Seated at my table on that day of My Wedding Feast
To them I’ll say, pull up a chair, IT’S TIME TO EAT!
Don’t delay in your preparation
To those who find the oil are those who chose separation
From all the world and the love of its stuff
My bride, she clings to Me only and refuses to give up
On My Word and having FAITH
For I have set aside one glorious DATE
To have her walk into the wedding chambers
With me forever…all because I came to save her.
So rise up! Rise up! Rise UP, my church!
You’re warriors though you look wounded and hurt
I’ve come to heal, deliver and prosper you- body, soul and spirit
But this only comes to those who choose to hear it
And do the WORDS I’ve spoken
It’s not too late, to choose LIFE
And heal your hearts so broken.
I’m breathing life in you right now
Surrender to these words I’m singing and I will show you how
To love me greater and greater each day
I won’t leave your side, I haven’t gone astray.
Keep seeking me day and night
And I will give you Words of LIGHT
For all the darkness that pervades around you
It will have no chance to drown or harm you
You should never by dismayed
Since all the earth is mine~ I am surely preparing the way
Keep your lamps well lit and oil to spare
Don’t give it away or try to share
You each should seek me on your own time
And then you will have each a glorious ride
UP, UP, UP to my glorious kingdom- RISE!
I have got such a wonderful SURPRISE
For each of my faithful servants who choose not to keep their own lives, but DIE
Rewards unspeakable are theirs in heaven
On earth I have created them for my glory to SHINE.
So shine, SHINE, SHINE
Shine brightly as the sun! (Son)
I cannot have a church united when they are broken and undone
With division~evil pervades damnation
Yet in unity~ the whole church resounds SALVATION
Is found in Christ the Lord, our One True Savior
They will know us by our Love
So be willing to give and give and give
Yet NEVER GIVE UP!
Tongues...interesting. Having grown up around a church that preached against speaking in tongues, I find it very interesting.

Tongues...interesting. Having grown up around a church that preached against speaking in tongues, I find it very interesting.

I guess it does beg the question, If we already have the complete Word of God, in which His mind in Christ is fully revealed in an authoritative way, why are there further experiences necessary?

It seems to follow from this: What does it say about the attitude to the Scriptures on the part of people who want these supposed revelatory experiences?

Blessings.

Well, this isn't a debate about tongues, so let's not turn it into one. :)

Well, okay; maybe another thread would be better than this one for a subject which I didn't originally raise, in any case. (For whichever section, Biblical doctrine does matter...)

Blessings.

Well, okay; maybe another thread would be better than this one for a subject which I didn't originally raise, in any case. (For whichever section, Biblical doctrine does matter...)

Blessings.
That could be a good discussion. I'd suggest the Bible study forum or general talk. Or apologetics & theology, if actual debate is what you want.

Back