Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

what are you listening to right now?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
[video=youtube;AiluhlHipyw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AiluhlHipyw[/video]
[MENTION=89910]questdriven[/MENTION]:

Excellent quality hard rock; I was intrigued at first with the lyrics (especially by 'smoke in the lungs') but it became clearer that it was speaking about Christian fellowship and being strengthened by the Lord in prayer.)

Blessings.

PS: [MENTION=89910]questdriven[/MENTION]:

Re. Disciple The One:

Did you even actually hear Disciple in person? I was wondering if they were active in the concert circuit.

Blessings.

Listening to Pandora on my iPod. I love this! It's helping me to finally getting around to checking out new bands. I listened to some songs by Flyleaf, Thousand Foot Crutch, and Seventh Day Slumber. Hard rock/ alternative metal/rap metal type stuff. I'm in heaven. Lol

Plus you can look up the lyrics, and info about the band as well as the particular track.

Listening to Pandora on my iPod. I love this! It's helping me to finally getting around to checking out new bands. I listened to some songs by Flyleaf, Thousand Foot Crutch, and Seventh Day Slumber. Hard rock/ alternative metal/rap metal type stuff. I'm in heaven. Lol

Plus you can look up the lyrics, and info about the band as well as the particular track.

@questdriven :

Well, you've grown up, no longer an adolescent and are evidently a seriously hard rock Christian woman.

I agree it's good to be able to look up the lyrics.

Blessings.

PS: thanks also for the track tips.

No.

Currently listening to The Saga Begins, by Weird Al. I'd share the music video I was watching of it, but I don't think I can do that on my iPod.

No.

Currently listening to The Saga Begins, by Weird Al. I'd share the music video I was watching of it, but I don't think I can do that on my iPod.

Weird Al... interesting; is he a Christian songwriter, too?

Blessings.

No.

Blessings.

Haha, no. He's just a parody song writer. He's been around since my mom was in high school.
The Saga Begins is a Star Wars parody of an old song.

No.

Blessings.

Haha, no. He's just a parody song writer. He's been around since my mom was in high school.

Well, I guess I should have known this... Maybe your mom likes his songs, too?

Blessings.

No.

Blessings.

Blessings.

Yeah, she does. She was the one who first told me about him, several years back.

Blessings.

Yeah, she does. She was the one who first told me about him, several years back.

Well, I see. I don't quite figure why she doesn't 'approve' of Christian rock, then. (Unless it's not a problem now with you guys.)

Blessings.

Guess she felt he was at least better than the other stuff she used to listen to in high school.
For her, rock music in general reminds her of a place in her life that she doesn't want to return to, spiritually.

Guess she felt he was at least better than the other stuff she used to listen to in high school.
For her, rock music in general reminds her of a place in her life that she doesn't want to return to, spiritually.

Well, I can understand this, can't you? it's a viewpoint worthy of respect, anyway.

I guess she feels / she felt that Christian rock was somehow the same, although according to my two cents' it's the lyrics that count, anyway.

Blessings.

Back