Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

What are You Trusting in for Your Salvation?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Yes, I agree. But, as I'm sure you know, our capacity to exercise faith in anything comes ultimately from God.

Romans 12:3 (NASB)
3 For through the grace given to me I say to everyone among you not to think more highly of himself than he ought to think; but to think so as to have sound judgment, as God has allotted to each a measure of faith.

And our faith must be helped by Him as we consider the Gospel and move toward Christ.

John 6:44 (NASB)
44 "No one can come to Me unless the Father who sent Me draws him; and I will raise him up on the last day.

John 16:7-8 (NASB)
7 "But I tell you the truth, it is to your advantage that I go away; for if I do not go away, the Helper will not come to you; but if I go, I will send Him to you.
8 "And He, when He comes, will convict the world concerning sin and righteousness and judgment;

2 Timothy 2:24-26 (NASB)
24 The Lord's bond-servant must not be quarrelsome, but be kind to all, able to teach, patient when wronged,
25 with gentleness correcting those who are in opposition, if perhaps God may grant them repentance leading to the knowledge of the truth,
26 and they may come to their senses and escape from the snare of the devil, having been held captive by him to do his will.

I point out these things because sometimes faith gets exaggerated beyond its rightful place and becomes an exercise of human will and credulity rather than something which comes from God.
I believe Jesus Christ, is my Saviour, Healer, Baptiser and Coming King.

What more do I need?

The Jews did not have faith in God, if they did, they would have accepted his Messiah.

What they had faith in was their religion. They thought that they could please God by their works and obedience to the law. Read the 23rd chapter of Matthew and see what Jesus thought about them.
Th Jews did have faith in God, and still do. They believe in the OT law and Midrash and are waiting for the Messiah to arrive. Not accepting Jesus as God's promised Messiah was a serious mistake, but they remain the people of God regardless.

To live eternally in Glory with my redeemer.

Well, you need the Holy Spirit to respond to your faith by "baptizing" you into Christ (Titus 3:5; Romans 8:9). If he doesn't, you can believe all you like and you'll never be part of God's kingdom or family. He's the really crucial thing, you see, not your faith.

Faith is our hope as we have never seen Jesus, which is the substance of that which we have never seen.

Heb 11:1 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.
Faith is not the same thing as hope. They are distinct and different virtues...

1 Cor 13:13 ---> "So now faith, hope, and love abide, these three; but the greatest of these is love."

Once again, the ONLY place in all of Scripture where the words "faith alone" appear are a condemnation of it. (James 2:24)

Well, you need the Holy Spirit to respond to your faith by "baptizing" you into Christ (Titus 3:5; Romans 8:9). If he doesn't, you can believe all you like and you'll never be part of God's kingdom or family. He's the really crucial thing, you see, not your faith.
My faith springs from the indwelling Holy Spirit.
You judge me without knowing me, and that is BAD.
Only God is my judge, He is my Saviour, Healer, Baptiser (in the Holy Spirit) and Coming King, and Him alone.
You have offended me by telling me I need the Holy Spirit when He lives within my heart.
Do you think Jesus baptised me in water!

Last edited:
My faith springs from the indwelling Holy Spirit.
You judge me without knowing me, and that is BAD.
Only God is my judge, He is my Saviour, Healer, Baptiser (in the Holy Spirit) and Coming King, and Him alone.
You have offended me by telling me I need the Holy Spirit when He lives within my heart.
Do you think Jesus baptised me in water!

Woah. Easy, there, fella'. No one's making a personal observation about you. I was speaking generally, on the level of principle, not about your specific spiritual condition.

Th Jews did have faith in God, and still do. They believe in the OT law and Midrash and are waiting for the Messiah to arrive. Not accepting Jesus as God's promised Messiah was a serious mistake, but they remain the people of God regardless.
If you think that the Christ rejecting Jews are God's people, then you should read the 23rd chapter of Matthew. Jesus called them hypocrites 7 times. No one will see heaven without faith in Christ and his Gospel.

Back