Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

What do we believe about the Resurrection?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00
For me, my life was resurrected the moment I began to believe in Christ and except his gift of eternal life. I was no longer dead in my trespasses and sin.

Me too! Lady Terra you have the most perfectest understanding of them all here O I love it!
there should be a moon-walk icon haha

Perfect.
One addendum; though the English word "resurrection" isn't used in the KJV O.T. BUT, the word "Anastasia" that means "resurrection" is. Here is one such example, referring to the prophecy of the Lion of the Tribe of Judah, to be resurrected onto the Throne
(Gen 49:9) Judah is a lion's whelp: from the prey, my son, thou art gone up: he stooped down, he couched as a lion, and as an old lion; who shall rouse him up?

Anastasia (transliteration) is Greek.

You mean "translation". It isn't a "transliteration".
Anastasia = Resurrection literally in the LXX. Pleased to meet you Oz ! :)

No, I do not mean 'translation'. I happen to read and teach NT Greek.

The Greek αναστασια is transliterated into English with the Latin characters, anastasia, and means 'resurrection'. I urge you to learn the difference between translation and transliteration.

I'm pleased to meet you also JM.

Oz

I happen to read and teach Greek also. I know very well what a "transliteration" is. Here is an example;

A transliteration is something ADDED that was NOT in the original. (which certainly is not the case of the LXX word "rouse" in Genesis 49. Whoever told you that didn't know what they were talking about)

(1Jn 5:6) This is he that came by water and blood, even Jesus Christ; not by water only, but by water and blood. And it is the Spirit that beareth witness, because the Spirit is truth.
(1Jn 5:7) For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.
(1Jn 5:8) And there are three that bear witness in earth, the Spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one.

Notice verse 7
Now look at other versions;

ASV
(1Jn 5:6) This is he that came by water and blood, even Jesus Christ; not with the water only, but with the water and with the blood.
(1Jn 5:7) And it is the Spirit that beareth witness, because the Spirit is the truth.
(1Jn 5:8) For there are three who bear witness, the Spirit, and the water, and the blood: and the three agree in one.

RV
(1Jn 5:6) This is he that came by water and blood, even Jesus Christ; not with the water only, but with the water and with the blood.
(1Jn 5:7) And it is the Spirit that beareth witness, because the Spirit is the truth.
(1Jn 5:8) For there are three who bear witness, the Spirit, and the water, and the blood: and the three agree in one.

Notice how the KJV includes something the others don't? That's because the Textus Receptus included a FOOTNOTE by a translator, that can transcribed falsely into the text. It shouldn't have been.

That is called a "Transliteration".

Your claim for knowing Greek is greatly suspect...

And Latin was NEVER a part of the Septuagint. That is the dead giveaway. It was translated with incredible care by 70 (LXX) scribes directly from the old original Hebrew, straight into Greek.

(Edited, ToS 2.4, personal insult. Obadiah)

Last edited by a moderator:
I happen to read and teach Greek also. I know very well what a "transliteration" is. Here is an example;

A transliteration is something ADDED that was NOT in the original. (which certainly is not the case of the LXX word "rouse" in Genesis 49. Whoever told you that didn't know what they were talking about)

(1Jn 5:6) This is he that came by water and blood, even Jesus Christ; not by water only, but by water and blood. And it is the Spirit that beareth witness, because the Spirit is truth.
(1Jn 5:7) For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.
(1Jn 5:8) And there are three that bear witness in earth, the Spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one.

Notice verse 7
Now look at other versions;

ASV

RV

Notice how the KJV includes something the others don't? That's because the Textus Receptus included a FOOTNOTE by a translator, that can transcribed falsely into the text. It shouldn't have been.

That is called a "Transliteration".

Your claim for knowing Greek is greatly suspect...

And Latin was NEVER a part of the Septuagint. That is the dead giveaway. It was translated with incredible care by 70 (LXX) scribes directly from the old original Hebrew, straight into Greek.

(Edited, ToS 2.4, personal insult. Obadiah)

Here is a 'Greek Transliteration Table' from PennState University.

Yours is the inaccurate view of transliteration. My claim for knowing Greek and the meaning of transliteration is 100% accurate with that of PennState University's example.

Here is the meaning of 'transliterate' from Oxford dictionaries.

The English alphabet agrees with the modern Latin alphabet. See HERE. I do know what I'm talking about.:shock

Last edited by a moderator:
I have been in opposition to what you have been saying. You have stated that the resurrection has already happened, and that the trumpet doesn't announce the second coming of Jesus, only judgement.

I have shown (as has OzSpen) that neither of those things are true--the resurrection of both believers and unbelievers has yet to happen, and the trumpet announces the return of Jesus (and judgement). Those are the only things I have addressed.
:thumbsup:salute

The resurrection happens when Christ is "revealed" in us, in full. Christians, from the beginning, have lived under part and partial sights, while in the flesh.

Colossians 3:3
For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God.

2 Corinthians 4:7
But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not of us.

The "flesh" itself is not evil, but it is temporal. The flesh, in scriptural terms is equated sometimes to 'dust.' (see what Adam's body was formed of in Gen. 2:7). The "seed" promised to Abraham was also equated to 'dust.'

Genesis 13:16
And I will make thy seed as the dust of the earth: so that if a man can number the dust of the earth, then shall thy seed also be numbered.

Abraham even saw himself, truthfully, in this way before God:

Genesis 18:27
And Abraham answered and said, Behold now, I have taken upon me to speak unto the Lord, which am but dust and ashes:

So did Job, when his present "truthful" state was seen at the end of his unpleasant discourses in "living" in this reality resulted in truthful sights:

Job 42:6
Wherefore I abhor myself, and repent in dust and ashes.

Sometimes our present body is referred to 'earth' per 2 Cor. 4:7, above, and here for example:

Isaiah 26:19
Thy dead men shall live, together with my dead body shall they arise. Awake and sing, ye that dwell in dust: for thy dew is as the dew of herbs, and the earth shall cast out the dead.

Dust and earth, our present state of affairs, with Heavenly Treasure, The Spirit of Christ, therein. Yet not seen presently, IN FULL array. Most obviously in these various exercises of spiritual sights, one must traverse into the world of allegory/parable/similitude to find deeper understandings, none of which will be seen by any kinds of literal force insisting that "dust" and "earth" are only the ground we walk on and the result of dried physical earth resulting in dust. That isn't the case for spiritual understandings.

From establishment of the above, we can move on to see what the present conditions of said dust/earth are. The dust/earth is both subject and subjected to various matters. It is subject firstly, to DEATH. It is subject to intrusions of temptations, which are of the tempter, meaning that said DUST/EARTH also contains the tempter.

Genesis 3:14
And the Lord God said unto the serpent, Because thou hast done this, thou art cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field; upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life:

This is also the forecast foretold difficulties of Adam, here:

Genesis 3:
17 And unto Adam he said, Because thou hast hearkened unto the voice of thy wife, and hast eaten of the tree, of which I commanded thee, saying, Thou shalt not eat of it: cursed is the ground for thy sake; in sorrow shalt thou eat of it all the days of thy life;
18 Thorns also and thistles shall it bring forth to thee; and thou shalt eat the herb of the field;

Thorns and thistles, briars, for the uninitiated to allegories/parables and similitudes, are depictions of Satan and his messengers in the DUST, in the EARTH.

This ground, this earth, this dust is subject to dishonor, corruption, and weakness.

1 Cor. 15:
42 So also is the resurrection of the dead. It is sown in corruption; it is raised in incorruption:
43 It is sown in dishonour; it is raised in glory: it is sown in weakness; it is raised in power:
44 It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body.
45 And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.
46 Howbeit that was not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that which is spiritual.
47 The first man is of the earth, earthy; the second man is the Lord from heaven.
48 As is the earthy, such are they also that are earthy: and as is the heavenly, such are they also that are heavenly.
49 And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly.

When then will that happen? When all the things, earthly, PASS AWAY. Any believer who has transposed themselves via imaginations past present reality are in a religious fantasy land. As much as we like and prefer to think of ourselves otherwise, we DO have to come to grips with present reality if we are to live in truth and live truthfully.

We will all KNOW the resurrection, beyond ANY DOUBT, when corruption, weakness, dishonor, death and Satan and his messengers pass away.

God has not slated any of us who believe to abide here in the DUST. But it is this exact WEAKNESS that we are subject to, to KNOW that the Power to raise people from the DEAD of the DUST, are in Gods Hands and Power, ALONE.

Last edited:
What was it exactly that Paul sought? I like to see this as "the christian quest." But as with many of the things of God, the end game or goal is placed where we really don't want to go:

Philippians 3:10
9 And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:
10 That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death;
11 If by any means I might attain unto the resurrection of the dead.

Personally, I have been led by Paul's examinations of these matters directly into weakness, the causes, the realities of this present life. And yes, they are somewhat painful to engage in, but they are truthful, and spiritually sound/solid. I really would like, as Paul, to see the resurrection transpire, and believe that it can and will happen. But, WHAT is the path, the method? Is there a method to these matters? Or is it madness?

I believe there is an end game. But it's quite nasty and distasteful. Purposefully set by God in Christ, where we do not personally want to go or desire to go. Some, even my closest spiritual allies in Christ, believe it is only on the other side of Death Valley.

I do not believe that is the case. I believe there is a promise for THE END. And it is a Good Promise to engage in, regardless of whether we actually experience it in FULL or not in this present life.

Matthew 24:14
And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

IF we knew that the trail of the end, the trail to the RESURRECTION, is a trail of death, tears and tribulations, but this trail would bring THE END and the RESURRECTION, would you, personally, go there?

That is the challenge that is laid out.

Acts 14:22
Confirming the souls of the disciples, and exhorting them to continue in the faith, and that we must through much tribulation enter into the kingdom of God.

I'm hoping that this isn't relegated to the "end time" board, but is understood to pertain to THE RESURRECTION.

Only "the elect" will hear, see, and understand. The balance of the world will NOT see the Resurrection coming. It is in fact, INVISIBLE. It will BLIND SIDE the world of evil.

Luke 17:20
And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation:
21 Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

So, I will observe this. All you believers looking on the outside will see nothing. Thee end has been purposefully BLOCKED FROM EXTERNAL VIEWS, BY GOD HIMSELF. Nobody will see it coming in the "external senses." God in Christ will come as A THIEF. So, does the RESURRECTION transpire.

I'm NOT saying that believers won't be saved, but the path of the end, to the RESURRECTION, enmasse, is different, a much narrower trail. Believers who do not have this within them (I'll get to it below) will not be participating to the END, on or/in the earth anyway. They will be saved regardless however, so, not to fret too much. Viewing from the cloud of witnesses until these matters are complete will not be a bad place. All of our brothers and sisters IN CHRIST are in fact waiting for US to finish things up:

Hebrews 11:40
God having provided some better thing for us, that they without us should not be made perfect.

You see, the Assembly of His Body has been a LONG TIME in the making, with many, almost countless, parts and components of people who have already passed on from this present dust/earth.

No believer will see the final Resurrection that comes at the end, while believers are still on or in the earth, the dust, unless they are legal in this sense, the Spiritual Sense. So, the first STEP into the DOOR of INTERNAL HEAVEN, is here. All others will be locked out, for the time being, and they will see nothing, nor will they understand, really, anything of God in Christ in FULL, because they are ILLEGAL in the Spiritual senses, presently.

Romans 13:
8 Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law.
9 For this, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Thou shalt not covet; and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
10 Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.

In order to be fit for the harvest, one must be called to wear and bear Him, within, in the Spiritual LEGAL senses, as Paul detailed above. This is in fact where MOST stall out, and their LOVE has grown very old and quite cold. I would dare say that the majority have stalled at this point, as reflected in all of our inglorious DIVISIONS and DISPUTES, and we busy ourselves undertaking potential condemnation and potential hell. What vile activity this is. It is NOT Godly or Church LIKE activity.

BUT, since we have all participated, even in some small degrees, in this matter of LOVE, NONE of the believers in Christ will be lost. It is ONLY those who have an unburdened view of this will be rounded up, at the last, until the end, at the END of the saga's of this present wicked age.

I really try to keep Paul's GOAL set before my eyes, here, as this is also MY HOPE:

Philippians 3:10
9 And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:
10 That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death;
11 If by any means I might attain unto the resurrection of the dead.

Paul worked tirelessly towards the efforts of ADDING as many people as possible to THE HEAVENLY ASSEMBLY, and KNEW that his REWARD was in fact other people:

1 Thessalonians 2:
18 Wherefore we would have come unto you, even I Paul, once and again; but Satan hindered us.

19 For what is our hope, or joy, or crown of rejoicing? Are not even ye in the presence of our Lord Jesus Christ at his coming?
20 For ye are our glory and joy.

I consider myself, currently, a PRISONER of this HOPE, for ALL people. "Ye" cannot HOPE to save those you condemn to possible HELL in your heart. It simply is not possible. God is a Jealous God, and He will have ALL His Treasure! I know loving our neighbors is not a popular message in christian sectarianism, but IS IT THE RIGHT THING TO DO? That is perhaps a question we all should ponder? I am done pondering this part of Spiritual legalism.

For me, now, it's only a question of WHO WILL JOIN IN? And WHO is in fact an ENEMY of the Gospel? (yes, purposefully colored.)

There is no doubt in my mind, that God in Christ has PROMISED, an END. And that END IS, in fact, the RESURRECTION.

So, what exactly is THE PROBLEM?

Let's look at hindrance's. Jesus said this about Himself:

John 11:25
Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:

I might posture here, that CHRIST currently abides in THE DEAD, here on earth.

Proof?

Colossians 3:3
For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God.

Where then is the LIFE of Christ HIDDEN?

Why, that would be WITHIN you, already. The Resurrection, IF Christ is IN you, is already within you, but not realized YET in FULL.

This is why the RESURRECTION comes as a surprise party, like a THIEF. He is IN FACT already HIDDEN in your PACKAGE, and you, we, are already A PART of His Body. He WILL in fact STEAL you from DEATH, where He Is presently HIDDEN.

Many many years ago, as I pondered, as far as I could conceive, the matters of Perfection, and matters of The Eternal Discourses, I knew my place here was/is exceptionally FINITE by any comparison or comprehensions that I might apply from my current vantage point. I believe ALL of us have had similar ponderings. I looked in the mirror that day, and said to my"self" you are only looking at a wet pile of dust, that is on it's way to being that, dust, permanently. I think I saw my body of death, finally, accurately, that day. I was maybe in my early 30's. I have no further allusions about my "death" body, and this sight has only strengthened as I've aged, with experiences. Don't get me wrong, I respect Gods current "plantings," but what we currently see before our eyes is ALL temporal and passing away.

There is on the other hand, an INNER MAN that grows, day by day.

IF I were to select a favorite stretch of scripture, I think it would be the chapter of Ephesians 3, more precisely:

16 That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man;
17 That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love,
18 May be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height;
19 And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God.
20 Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us,
21 Unto him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without end. Amen.

If any have ever, even had, just the smallest TASTE of His Love, there is no turning back. Everything in the "world" will seem as nothing, by comparison.

It is here, on the DRY GROUND of ZION, that we HUNGER AND THIRST for HIM. A SINGLE RAIN DROP OF HEAVEN can sustain a person for their entire lives.

Now, comes the SHOWER, at the END, at the grand finale:

Many FEAR thee end of this age, and what it WILL bring. I do NOT. And let me show you WHY, from His Words:

Matthew 24:37
But as the days of Noah were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

Yes, there will be destruction. But it is a GOOD destruction, meant to be this way. I thank God for the sights of Isaiah, for it is in the Words of God expressed therein, that I have MY HOPE:

Isaiah 54
1 Sing, O barren, thou that didst not bear; break forth into singing, and cry aloud, thou that didst not travail with child: for more are the children of the desolate than the children of the married wife, saith the Lord.

2 Enlarge the place of thy tent, and let them stretch forth the curtains of thine habitations: spare not, lengthen thy cords, and strengthen thy stakes;

3 For thou shalt break forth on the right hand and on the left; and thy seed shall inherit the Gentiles, and make the desolate cities to be inhabited.

4 Fear not; for thou shalt not be ashamed: neither be thou confounded; for thou shalt not be put to shame: for thou shalt forget the shame of thy youth, and shalt not remember the reproach of thy widowhood any more.

5 For thy Maker is thine husband; the Lord of hosts is his name; and thy Redeemer the Holy One of Israel; The God of the whole earth shall he be called.

6 For the Lord hath called thee as a woman forsaken and grieved in spirit, and a wife of youth, when thou wast refused, saith thy God.
7 For a small moment have I forsaken thee; but with great mercies will I gather thee.

8 In a little wrath I hid my face from thee for a moment; but with everlasting kindness will I have mercy on thee, saith the Lord thy Redeemer.
9 For this is as the waters of Noah unto me: for as I have sworn that the waters of Noah should no more go over the earth; so have I sworn that I would not be wroth with thee, nor rebuke thee.

10 For the mountains shall depart, and the hills be removed; but my kindness shall not depart from thee, neither shall the covenant of my peace be removed, saith the Lord that hath mercy on thee.
11 O thou afflicted, tossed with tempest, and not comforted, behold, I will lay thy stones with fair colours, and lay thy foundations with sapphires.
12 And I will make thy windows of agates, and thy gates of carbuncles, and all thy borders of pleasant stones.

13 And all thy children shall be taught of the Lord; and great shall be the peace of thy children.

14 In righteousness shalt thou be established: thou shalt be far from oppression; for thou shalt not fear: and from terror; for it shall not come near thee.
15 Behold, they shall surely gather together, but not by me: whosoever shall gather together against thee shall fall for thy sake.

This is THE PROMISE of the GOSPEL!

Do you still FEAR the Waters of Noah? The things of those days? Look again!

When Jesus said it will be as the DAYS OF NOAH, this is what He was referring to.

I fully expect to be STANDING IN THE RAIN/REIGN!

ToS 2.6: "Please keep posts down to a respectable length"

Kindly adhere to this section of the Terms of Service. There is the reason our system has a character limit and why even real life debates have a time limit. Respect the character limits and condense your responses down to fit within that. Thank you.

Back