Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Depending upon the Holy Spirit for all you do?

Read through the following study by Tenchi for more on this topic

https://christianforums.net/threads/without-the-holy-spirit-we-can-do-nothing.109419/

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

https://christianforums.net/forums/questions-and-answers/

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

"What do you want from God?" An issue of "belief".

JoJo said:
AAA, Christians are not a scientific experiment. Nor is God. Faith cannot be proven, although God's existence will be proven in His good time.

JoJo, science is just intellectual honesty. Plain and simple.

AAA said:
JoJo said:
AAA, Christians are not a scientific experiment. Nor is God. Faith cannot be proven, although God's existence will be proven in His good time.

JoJo, science is just intellectual honesty. Plain and simple.

Some science.....

NIGHTMARE said:
AAA said:
... science is just intellectual honesty. Plain and simple.

Some science.....

I think that all science is about intellectual honesty.

That's not to say that all scientists are intellectually honest, but the process is designed to identify when that is the case.

Care to expand on your statement? You beg the question: what science is and what science is not intellectually honest?

AAA said:
I was being a little sarcastic, but honestly, I wasn't trying to stir up trouble. I really am bothered by the notion that a powerful God who has presumably authored or inspired at least 2 infallible books couldn't just make this basic point clear.

Christians have killed other Christians over perceived incorrect interpretations of the triune nature of God.

So I'm not trying to stir up that particular debate. I'm just stating what seems to be a really obvious problem, but which other Christians don't seem the least bit bothered by.

I was once indwelt by the Holy Spirit (given your definition). Just as Orion's Christian faith was challenged by biblical confusion, so was mine.

Presumably, this is a place where these issues can be discussed. Really: I was not trying to stir up a debate heated debate about the triune nature of God specifically.
:D Just figured I would call you on it to see where you were coming from. It's quite alright.

justvisiting said:
I appreciate what you are saying in regards to God telling you something...and it's not necessarily audible. I have it happen all the time. Usually, some short term prophecy or word of knowledge. Something as simple as being told my cheque is not in the bank...and I say...no it must be...and I go...and it's not there. All Christians that are receptive to God, have stuff like that happen.
Also, JoJo

Non-Christians have this stuff happen all the time too. How honest is it to conclude that these events are the Holy Spirit communicating with you?

justvisiting said:
Do you ever feel the Holy Spirit as waves of goosebumps all over your body. Sometimes it happens...and I can't explain it. I just know God loves me...in spite of myself.

Everybody gets goosebumps!! How can you draw the conclusions that you do from these experiences??

justvisiting said:
An unsaved person can only look for every reason why God is not there.

I'm quite sure that according to your beliefs, I am "unsaved", but I am looking for reasons to show that God is there all the time. I've never discovered any.

justvisiting said:
A Christian looks for the reasons why God IS there.

That's my point: you're looking for God in all kinds of ordinary experienes that all people - believers in Christ, believers in Vishnu, non-believers, etc - have all the time, and you're concluding that these experiences validate your specific beliefs. I mean, what would you say to (or think about) the Burka clad Muslim who tells you that she gets goosebumps when Allah fills her with determination to follow his will?

justvisiting said:
We are either for...or against...we are not in between...with our approval of God.

It is precisely that type of thinking that easily explains why you draw the conclusions that you do. You wear your bias on your sleeve.

You are absolutely right. I do wear my bias on my sleeve. I make no apologies for it either.
I don't expect you to accept my pearls. You resist the Holy Spirit.
You never will come to the knowledge of the Holy Spirit with your present mindset.
God has shown you enough. If you refuse Him. That is your own fault. I don't need a degree in science to see that I exist...and that alone is miraculous.
You're arguments are your own. Definitely, not mine. I choose to love God.

justvisiting said:
You are absolutely right. I do wear my bias on my sleeve. I make no apologies for it either.
I don't expect you to accept my pearls. You resist the Holy Spirit.
You never will come to the knowledge of the Holy Spirit with your present mindset.
God has shown you enough. If you refuse Him. That is your own fault. I don't need a degree in science to see that I exist...and that alone is miraculous.
You're arguments are your own. Definitely, not mine. I choose to love God.

I can see that you are not interested in addressing the questions I have raised, and that we are not going to make any progress.

Best wishes.

Fascinating how AAA can make a very good argument, . . . and the response is the typical "don't cast your pearls before the swine". Their way of ending the argument "because they are right, of course". And it [the pearls before swine thing] is a bit insulting, if you ask me.

Back