Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

What does it means, man was made in the Image of God?

Well that is not absolute, what is immortal to us is not immortal to God, what is not subject to the first death may be subject to the second death.
The word immortal has a different meaning to God?
I wouldn’t think so.
It is appointed for all man once to die. For him to die a second death, he must be raised from the dead and judged unfaithful. Into the fire with him.

For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.
Unchecked Copy Box
Jhn 3:17
“For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved.
Unchecked Copy Box
Jhn 3:18
“He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
Unchecked Copy Box
Jhn 3:19
“And this is the condemnation, that the light has come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.
Unchecked Copy Box
Jhn 3:20
“For everyone practicing evil hates the light and does not come to the light, lest his deeds should be exposed.

Light has come into the world. But men love darkness rather than light.
Why? Because their deeds are evil. No one else’s but man’s. THEY practice evil because THEY hate light.

Get it?

Spirits are immortal in this world, can't be killed with any physical means, but not so in God's kingdom. Their fate was sealed long ago in Ps. 82:6-7. These are the same "sons of God" in Gen. 6:2 and Job 1:6, they are divine beings like God, and they are EVIL. They mustn't be conflated with us the adopted sons and daughters of God through Christ, you know. These are the minions who are with Satan, and they'll be cast into the Lake of Fire with Satan. Anybody who worships Satan is possessed by one of these spirits. Die "like" men indicates they were supposed to be immortal, but die they will in the end.

I said, “You are gods,
And all of you are children of the Most High.

But you shall die like men,
And fall like one of the princes.”
I’m sure the sons of God in Gen 6 and Ps 82 refer to mortal men.
God’s angels in heaven don’t die. That means they are immortal.
Both to God’s understanding and mine.

It’s not good to change the meaning of words because we don’t understand. It’s better to leave the meaning as is and go from there.

So, getting back to the image and likeness of God in which man was formed into when taken from the ground, it’s said that into his face was breathed the breath of life. And the man formed became a living soul.
And it is the man who was formed that returns to dust. For dust he was, and to dust he returns.

The God who formed man in His image says, “Let us make man in our image”

the “us”refers to God and angels.

The idea that angels took on the nature of man to have sex with women is not true.
In the resurrection, the man is to be as the angels who don’t marry.

Need to stay the course to know truth.

Unchecked Copy Box
Gen 3:8 - And they heard the sound of the LORD God walking in the garden in the cool of the day, and Adam and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the LORD God among the trees of the garden.

God is walking toward us. Let’s hide from His presence.

The word immortal has a different meaning to God?
I wouldn’t think so.
It is appointed for all man once to die. For him to die a second death, he must be raised from the dead and judged unfaithful. Into the fire with him.
Since spirits can die this second death, they are not immortal to God, but as a matter of fact they are immortal to us. They can be restrained, but can't be killed. What is impossible to man is possible to God, that's what I meant.
I’m sure the sons of God in Gen 6 and Ps 82 refer to mortal men.
God’s angels in heaven don’t die. That means they are immortal.
Both to God’s understanding and mine.
I'm sure they're not, those are divine beings, aka angels, hosts of heaven. They don't die - UNITL God cast them into the Lake of Fire to die. These rebels will be judged. There's no place for them in New Jerusalem. If there were mortals, why would they die "like" men? Why not just die as men? And how come are they able to stand face to face before God (Job 1:6), since no man can see God's face and live (Ex. 33:20)?

And the angels who did not keep their proper domain, but left their own abode, He has reserved in everlasting chains under darkness for the judgment of the great day. (Jude 1:6)

Since spirits can die this second death, they are not immortal to God, but as a matter of fact they are immortal to us. They can be restrained, but can't be killed. What is impossible to man is possible to God, that's what I meant.

I'm sure they're not, those are divine beings, aka angels, hosts of heaven. They don't die - UNITL God cast them into the Lake of Fire to die. These rebels will be judged. There's no place for them in New Jerusalem. If there were mortals, why would they die "like" men? Why not just die as men? And how come are they able to stand face to face before God (Job 1:6), since no man can see God's face and live (Ex. 33:20)?

And the angels who did not keep their proper domain, but left their own abode, He has reserved in everlasting chains under darkness for the judgment of the great day. (Jude 1:6)
“The angels that sinned”
Since sin results in death, and Jesus said God’s angels in heaven don’t die or marry, it means they are immortal.
The “angels” that sinned were messengers.
Translating the word as angels instead of messengers gives the wrong idea.
Context determines the meaning. And since they are said to have sinned and died, it means they were mortal men.

Back