Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

What foreign languages do you know/are you interested in?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Yeah I know. I wasn't correcting you. I just expanded your example by what Angel would have to say, as she was part of the Spanish portion of this thread.

Ah ha! Cool. What are you using to teach yourself? Online material, a certain book or series, videos, all the above?

cyberjosh:

So in your language learning efforts have you decided which language you want to concentrate on for now?

Blessings.

cyberjosh:

So in your language learning efforts have you decided which language you want to concentrate on for now?

Blessings.

It's definitely German right now. I've only mastered about 20% of it, but it's enough to become conversational. I've joined an online German-English language message board in order to exercise my German grammar more. German is the language that I stand the best chance of learning completely. The other languages were kind of an eclectic sampling from my various interests (as you can tell my Hebrew was as well - it's rather spotty but I can make educated guesses on occasion).

How about you? You seem to have rather broad interest in languages. Are you just intellectually and culturally interested in languages like me or have you had formal training in any languages or in linguistics even (some people major in linguistics as a field)?

Tschüss!
Josh

It's definitely German right now. I've only mastered about 20% of it, but it's enough to become conversational. I've joined an online German-English language message board in order to exercise my German grammar more. German is the language that I stand the best chance of learning completely. The other languages were kind of an eclectic sampling from my various interests (as you can tell my Hebrew was as well - it's rather spotty but I can make educated guesses on occasion).

How about you? You seem to have rather broad interest in languages. Are you just intellectually and culturally interested in languages like me or have you had formal training in any languages or in linguistics even (some people major in linguistics as a field)?

Tschüss!
Josh

Oh I work with Spanish and French; for me, I've dabbled in others for years, I guess.

A good way to learn a language is to read a familiar passage of Scripture in the language such as John chapter 1, where the language is clear and simple, and it's surprising how soon one can absorb the patterns and structures.

Another way is to find a gf - and wife, in due course - that speaks the language and let her teach you. Surprising how much incentive there is there!

Blessings.

Oh I work with Spanish and French; for me, I've dabbled in others for years, I guess.

A good way to learn a language is to read a familiar passage of Scripture in the language such as John chapter 1, where the language is clear and simple, and it's surprising how soon one can absorb the patterns and structures.

Another way is to find a gf - and wife, in due course - that speaks the language and let her teach you. Surprising how much incentive there is there!

Blessings.

LOL. I was just talking with a friend today about possibly dating someone who also spoke German. Sounds corny but it actually adds an intellectual dimension to a relationship in that case. :)

LOL. I was just talking with a friend today about possibly dating someone who also spoke German. Sounds corny but it actually adds an intellectual dimension to a relationship in that case. :)

Well, amidst all the gifts of perfume, earrings, stiletto heels and whatever else, don't forget the inward, spiritual and linguistic dimensions to a lady of your choice...! :)

Blessings.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back