Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

What Happens When We Die?

When someone dies, they are buried in a grave, or cremated.
There might be a few other options.
My spirit which the Spirit of Christ dwells with forever, the new creation in Christ, will never die. The body dies. God makes us alive in the spirit just as Jesus was put to death in the flesh but made alive in the Spirit and alive He went and preached to the imprisoned spirits according to Peter's writings.

Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live, even though they die; 26and whoever lives by believing in me will never die. Do you believe this?

I just noticed the title and the op are two different things for this thread/subject.
And these two different things - or aspects - are revealed in the Scripture, regarding the meaning of life, death and resurrection:

And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living being. (Gen. 2:8)
when Jesus had cried out with a loud voice, He said, “Father, ‘into Your hands I commit My spirit!’ ” Having said this, He breathed His last. (Lk. 23:46)
It is sown a natural body, it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body. And so it is written, “The first man Adam became a living being.” The last Adam became a life-giving spirit. (1 Cor. 15:44-45)
Now after the three-and-a-half days the breath of life from God entered them, and they stood on their feet, and great fear fell on those who saw them. (Rev. 11:11)

As you can see, life is the activation of body by the spirit - the breath of life, as it becomes a "living being"; death is the deactivation of the "living being", as the spirit departs from the body; resurrection is the reactivation of the "living being", as spirit reenters. The spirit can die as well, but death of the body is one thing, death of the spirit is another, since you acknowledge that these are two different things, don't conflate them.

The scriptures foretell am Day of Resurrection. THAT should settle it!
Moses body died yet he appeared alive before the resurrection of the elect on the last day that Jesus spoke of.
God is the God of the living.

Just then there appeared before them Moses and Elijah, talking with Jesus.

My spirit which the Spirit of Christ dwells with forever, the new creation in Christ, will never die. The body dies. God makes us alive in the spirit just as Jesus was put to death in the flesh but made alive in the Spirit and alive He went and preached to the imprisoned spirits according to Peter's writings.

Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live, even though they die; 26and whoever lives by believing in me will never die. Do you believe this?
I believe and know it to be true.

Back