Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

What is "church"?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
G

gingercat

Many churchgoers believe that if you don't attend church building you are not Christian.

The leaders have to make sure that their congregation not to insult other believers in this manner.

We have many false doctrines and brethren. The Bible tells us to test the spirit. I always test the spirit when I have to discern what is right and wrong.

I decided not to attend organized church because I believe I am much useful for the Lord without attending it. The Lord is supporting my decision. How do I know it? My family and I have been powerful for the Lord for His purpose.

I have been supporting one of the organization that helps persecuted Christians. (Voice of the Martyers). I also have my own ministry of evangelizing. Every once in a while I go to Okinawa for evangelism. I also encourage young and new believer to be obedient to His teaching as much as I can besides evangelizing to non-believers.

Please don't accuse me of boasting: I am just boasting my Lord!!! Praise the Lord for His faithfulness for my family!!!

His followers are His church and not the buildings.

His grateful servant, hitomi wilde

Thank you imagican and Ed. I was beginning to think no one was paying attention to this thread. :angel:

It's not about going to some building and you are correct that a Church is not the building but the people. Nevertheless there are no lone sheep and we are told over and over and over again that we are to identify with the flock by coming together with them. Whether this is done in a building or in a park is somewhat immaterial. Sheep who separate from the flock are vulnerable to the evil one. They are easily decieved and decieve themselvs. :-? They cannot tell that they are decieved or have decieved themselves. That is very dangerous.

Thessalonian said:
It's not about going to some building and you are correct that a Church is not the building but the people. Nevertheless there are no lone sheep and we are told over and over and over again that we are to identify with the flock by coming together with them. Whether this is done in a building or in a park is somewhat immaterial. Sheep who separate from the flock are vulnerable to the evil one. They are easily decieved and decieve themselvs. :-? They cannot tell that they are decieved or have decieved themselves. That is very dangerous.

thess, Your denomination is one of those tradition worshipers.

I disagree with you becasue the Bible tells us to not to have anything to do with the fruitless deeds of darkness. I am against OSAS, Calvinism, Mary and pope worshipping, military and etc... I will not compromise anything less. I am not a loner. I have been supporting worthy ministry and I am with may fmily and I also have my own ministry. I count them good deal as my quality Church.

We have to wait on His judgement who is deceived or not. :angel:

Like I say. They don't even know they are decieving themselves (and others).

Mark.13
[21] And then if any one says to you, `Look, here is the Christ!' or `Look, there he is!' do not believe it.

My denoniation is not in reality a denomination but what everyone started denominating from if you will check history with an open mind.

No we do not worship tradition. We are not afraid of it however and neither was paul. 2 Thes 2:15 "Hold fast to the TRADITIONS you have recieved, whether BY WORD OF MOUTH or in writing from us.

Nope, don't worship the Pope or Mary but thanks for your concern for our spiritual well being.

Thessalonian said:
No we do not worship tradition. We are not afraid of it however and neither was paul. 2 Thes 2:15 "Hold fast to the TRADITIONS you have recieved, whether BY WORD OF MOUTH or in writing from us.

I believe you are talking about different kind of tradition. Different interpretation.

I will not go into the debate you have been through with the others. I agree with those of your opposers. You are closing your eyes to their evil side.

We just have to wait and see His judgement. :angel:

gingercat said:
No we do not worship tradition. We are not afraid of it however and neither was paul. 2 Thes 2:15 "Hold fast to the TRADITIONS you have recieved, whether BY WORD OF MOUTH or in writing from us

end of quote;

I believe you are talking about different kind of tradition. Different interpretation.

I will not go into the debate you have been through with the others. I agree with those of your opposers. You are closing your eyes to their evil side.

We just have to wait and see His judgement. :angel:

Duck! :o

Odd isn't it how my opposeser many times are your opposers. You band with them when it is convenient and attack them when it is not. I don't think he left it for us to wait and see for his judgement. I believe the truth is knowable. "you shall KNOW THE TRUTH and the truth shall set you free.". "Those who worship shall worship in spirit and truth". Yet on this board all we seem to have is a bunch of people throwing out opinions as absolute truth. That's why I love this verse so much.

Mark.13
[21] And then if any one says to you, `Look, here is the Christ!' or `Look, there he is!' do not believe it.

Blessings

Thessalonian said:
Duck! :o

Odd isn't it how my opposeser many times are your opposers. You band with them when it is convenient and attack them when it is not. I don't think he left it for us to wait and see for his judgement. I believe the truth is knowable. "you shall KNOW THE TRUTH and the truth shall set you free.". "Those who worship shall worship in spirit and truth". Yet on this board all we seem to have is a bunch of people throwing out opinions as absolute truth. That's why I love this verse so much.

Thess, I never band with them to attack Catholics. Because they are doing good job attacking you.

I haven't done even once joined in attacking you or any other band. Have you seen me doing it?

Have you noticed how I have been attacked by Protestants? I have visited many places. I have been banned many places. I will not take chance being banned attacking you. Why should I? Everyone else is doing super job on that.

I am telling this because I am not ganging up on you with anyone. You have to know that I am one of super minority, unlike Catholics and other Protestants.

Go take a look at Bible thread "faith and work balanced team" and how they are ganging up on me.
:wink:

I didn't say you were ganginup up on me with them. I said you were choosing to band with your enemies when it is convenient. Using them as some measure of truth against me. Yes, I've seen them gang up on you. They are doing a fine job of it. Seems we are someonewhat in the same boat in that regard. However they don't even agree with eachother and are all over the map on their own theology and will gang up on eachother when it suits their cause.

Blessings

Church is having fellowship with other believers, worshiping our Lord Jesus Christ. This might be in a 100 million dollar 10K seat building or in a house with 3 people studying the Word of God in a living room. Regardless of where you are, if you are being spiritually fed you are having "church".

Thank you for your support Shey :angel:

Tess, I don't know what is your point.

I am here to express my convictions.

I don't agree with the Catholics because so many evil is going on in the Catholics too which you don't seem to recognize.

I don't support evil deeds. There are so many things going wrong with the Catholics. I don't trust their understanding of Mary and Pope. I have heard many times how you percieve them. I dont agree with them.

Catholics say you don't believe in OSAS theology but your people are no different from non-believers either. They are not acting like they are following Jesus' teachings. We know by our fruit whether we are His people or not. Catholics are not showing the fruit in over all.

In case you are forgetting, I am not saying Protestants are better in good witnesses. That's why I don't join organized church. I will not waste my and my family's devotion for the Lord I don't think is godly church.

Tess, I don't know what is your point.

It's thess, thank you. I know you don't.

I am here to express my convictions.

Aren't we all.

I don't agree with the Catholics because so many evil is going on in the Catholics too which you don't seem to recognize.

You don't know me or what I do and don't recognize so perhaps you would do well to be a little less judgemental.
There happens to be around a billion of us so I do suppose you would see some evil and of course it is quite easy to ignore the good. Many did not see the good that Jesus himself did.

I don't support evil deeds. There are so many things going wrong with the Catholics.

Glad you don't support evil. Paul said "the good that I would do, I do not, while the EVIL that I would not do, I do". So I suspect you have ripped the pages of his writings out of your Bible as a protest against this wicked man.

I don't trust their understanding of Mary and Pope. I have heard many times how you percieve them. I dont agree with them.

Your perogative.

Catholics say you don't believe in OSAS theology but your people are no different from non-believers either.

All of us are like non-belivers? I'm amazed at how good you are at judging whole groups of people. Perhaps I should sell you a plank picker so you can see more clearly. I'm upgrading so I have a spare one. You talk as if your without sin. John says any man (women included I would assume) who says they are without sin is a liar.

They are not acting like they are following Jesus' teachings. We know by our fruit whether we are His people or not. Catholics are not showing the fruit in over all.

More hospitals and schools than any other group. More meals for the poor. You speak what you do not know out of prejudice.

In case you are forgetting, I am not saying Protestants are better in good witnesses.

Nope. Not forgetting. In fact your a protestant. :o

That's why I don't join organized church. I will not waste my and my family's devotion for the Lord I don't think is godly church.

I find your attitude toward others quite pharasitical. Sorry.

wow, thess, You sure certainly changed your tone of voice. amazing.

Well, now we know we are in very different place. We have to wait and see who is decieved when we meet Jesus.

Did you think I was supporting the Catholics because I don't join to attack you?

We cannot hide our christianity from our daily lives. I don't see much of Catholics' fruit of it. If you cannot see it you are in same level as them. Jesus' standard is very high Thess.

I don't know how much you are feeding the hungry and giving to charity. There are many other stuff we have to follow too.

We have a lot of difference. I don't worship Mary and Pope, I don't give support for military. My Sabbath is Saturday. I don't use the same kind of Bible as yours. They are huge differences.

Hey Thess, I'd like to say that your last post was very well articulated. Good Job!

gingermeow said:
We have a lot of difference. I don't worship Mary and Pope, I don't give support for military. My Sabbath is Saturday. I don't use the same kind of Bible as yours. They are huge differences.

Most of what seperates you from those differences is your lack of understanding and your lack of seeking in the right areas.

You see, we have two choices, we can turn and do God's will, or we can do our own will. It is much easier to bite and tear at what we don't understand, than it is to attempt to understand and have compassion for those who may be lost or those who are erring.

But out of all these differences that you point out, there is one common thread... indifference... We reap what we sow. Want peace (Christ) in your life? sow peace. If you see that your planted on rocky ground, seek fertile soil. If you happen to land in a brier patch, keep seeking, but MOVE. This is repentance... Don't stand around getting pokies.

Galatians 5:13-15 For, brethren, you have been called unto liberty; only use not liberty for an occasion to the flesh, but by love serve one another. For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; You shall love your neighbor as yourself. But if you bite and devour one another, take heed that you be not consumed one of another.

Galatians 5:16 This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and you shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh.

Please, open your NT and continue reading... BTW: See the word Spirit... connect the dots.

WARNING: Do not go into Montanus' state of 'super spiritualism'... The Spirit is in agreement of the Word of God, both the Living Word, and the Written Word.

gingercat said:
wow, thess, You sure certainly changed your tone of voice. amazing.

Well, now we know we are in very different place. We have to wait and see who is decieved when we meet Jesus.

Did you think I was supporting the Catholics because I don't join to attack you?

We cannot hide our christianity from our daily lives. I don't see much of Catholics' fruit of it. If you cannot see it you are in same level as them. Jesus' standard is very high Thess.

I don't know how much you are feeding the hungry and giving to charity. There are many other stuff we have to follow too.

Changed my tone of voice? You can tell the tone of my voice by what I type? No actually it hasn't changed at all. It rarely does on these boards because I am so used to all that goes on.

Never thought you were supporting Catholics. I knew your true colors would show. I don't worship Mary or the Pope either. God bless you dear.

StoveBolts said:
Most of what seperates you from those differences is your lack of understanding and your lack of seeking in the right areas.
Volt,

That is your opinion. What makes you think you are right area and I am not?

We have completely different understanding of the Bible and practices. We just have to agree to diagree.

good day volt. :angel:

I knew your true colors would show.

end of quote;

Come on, This comment is really uncalled for. I did not know you could go this low.

Do you have to treat your enemy with this kind of insult just because I don't join or agree with your kind of church?

I have watched churchgoers all around me over 30 years. I did not see many godly churchgoers including the Catholics. Are you expecting me to lie to the world to make you feel good? :roll: :roll: :roll:

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back