Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

What is Election?

Thank you, Chopper for your reply.
Love you too, Brother. :)

Does that help to answer election? or are you just being nice, and not wanting to go further. I'd be happy to explain anything relating to election. I'm somewhat a knowledgeable person when it comes to Calvins theology. He is right on in some points and wrong on other's.

So which am I, a draftee into the kingdom (a part of the remnant), or an enlistee (everybody else who believes)?

What is the significance of the difference (remember, I'm a pragmatist.)?

It sounds like you're making a distinction between those who have no choice but to serve God, and those who do.

I understand about the time in which God sends a person into the world, knowing ahead of time that they will in fact respond to the gospel and, therefore, be one he knows will be available for that time to be a witness.

I even understand the concept of having 'no choice'--i.e. John the Baptist. Foreknowledge seems to be the key here, not so much choice.

The thing I don't see is a believer not automatically being considered a part of the remnant at any one time in history. By virtue of believing, you become a part of the remnant.

I understand about the time in which God sends a person into the world, knowing ahead of time that they will in fact respond to the gospel and, therefore, be one he knows will be available for that time to be a witness.

I even understand the concept of having 'no choice'--i.e. John the Baptist. Foreknowledge seems to be the key here, not so much choice.

I understand your logic, it's shared by a lot of people that don't go along with what I presented. That's OK, God knew who would respond to Salvation, but I don't believe that election is based on that. Your theory is based on man's choice not God's. I have a problem with that.

Does that help to answer election? or are you just being nice, and not wanting to go further. I'd be happy to explain anything relating to election. I'm somewhat a knowledgeable person when it comes to Calvins theology. He is right on in some points and wrong on other's.

No, I'm not just being nice. I was just looking for the scripture that showed you the two groups and you answered my question.
I do understand Calvin's theology and the TULIP.
What you are saying seems to incorporate traditional Calvinism and free will. Which I have only heard this theology expressed once before with no scriptural explanation as to where it came from.
So that is why I asked and you answered. :)

No, I'm not just being nice. I was just looking for the scripture that showed you the two groups and you answered my question.
I do understand Calvin's theology and the TULIP.
What you are saying seems to incorporate traditional Calvinism and free will. Which I have only heard this theology expressed once before with no scriptural explanation as to where it came from.
So that is why I asked and you answered. :)

Yea, kind of a mixture of Calvin and Arminian theology. Psst. don't tell anyone.:couch

So, did Jesus die on the cross for the whole world or just the remnant?

Hi Allen, Oh, Christ died for everyone! God loves every person born into this world and desires that they be saved. As a way to make that possible, He hand picked, if you will, the remnant to represent Him in every age. To present Salvation to each person so that they will have a choice in the matter. They can choose to be saved or reject God's wooing. Even nature itself is a witness to His greatness and beckens Salvation to the lost in remote regions of the world.

So which am I, a draftee into the kingdom (a part of the remnant), or an enlistee (everybody else who believes)?

What is the significance of the difference (remember, I'm a pragmatist.)?

It sounds like you're making a distinction between those who have no choice but to serve God, and those who do.

You, my beloved Brother are a child of the living God. To know the difference would either produce pride of depression. God dislikes both.....I love you too.

You made this statement.
5-point Calvinism.
Which of them to you reject?

In what way do you agree with Calvin and disagree with him?

Hi Allen. I'm sorry for the delay, I had made a post to you in answer to your question, but then realized that the system had logged me out! When I logged back in, I lost my complete post to you. I hope the Admin. can fix that, I'm getting real tired of the login problems....I will answer the question right away.

I'm a 5 point Arminian meaning I reject every point of Calvinism. My beliefs have come up frequently in these forums already.
  1. election (and condemnation on the day of judgment) was conditioned by the rational faith or nonfaith of man;
  2. the Atonement, while qualitatively adequate for all men, is efficacious only for the man of faith;
  3. unaided by the Holy Spirit, no person is able to respond to God’s will;
  4. grace is resistible; and
  5. believers are able to resist sin but are not beyond the possibility of falling from grace.
Straight from wikipedia.

You made this statement.
5-point Calvinism.
Which of them to you reject?

OK, here we go for the second time!
T total depravity - no one is capable of saving oneself....I agree.

U unconditional election - God's choosing of the saved isn't conditioned by anything in them....I agree.

L limited atonement - Christ's atonement is adequate to save all people but it is efficient for God's elect only....I reject.

I irrestible grace - the sovereignly given gift of faith cannot be rejected by the elect....I agree

P perseverance of the saints. - those who are regenerated and justified will persevere in the faith....I agree.

I'm a 5 point Arminian meaning I reject every point of Calvinism. My beliefs have come up frequently in these forums already.
  1. election (and condemnation on the day of judgment) was conditioned by the rational faith or nonfaith of man;
  2. the Atonement, while qualitatively adequate for all men, is efficacious only for the man of faith;
  3. unaided by the Holy Spirit, no person is able to respond to God’s will;
  4. grace is resistible; and
  5. believers are able to resist sin but are not beyond the possibility of falling from grace.
Straight from wikipedia.

That's perfectly all right, my Brother. What matters is, are you a child of God based on the good news of your sin's forgiven and your agreement with Jesus' death, burial, and resurrection, and your receiving Him as your Savior. That's what is important to me. I can see where you are coming from, I love you anyway!

That's perfectly all right, my Brother. What matters is, are you a child of God based on the good news of your sin's forgiven and your agreement with Jesus' death, burial, and resurrection, and your receiving Him as your Savior. That's what is important to me. I can see where you are coming from, I love you anyway!

:oops:sorry Tristan, You are my SISTER!

What? I'm not sister. I'm male Hahahaha

In all seriousness, I'm okay with people having all sorts of different beliefs. It is my job to love, not judge.

Back