Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

What is the blasphemy against the Holy Spirit?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Status
Not open for further replies.

siddhi koli

Matthew 12:31-32

King James Version

31 Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men.​

32 And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come.
https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew+12&version=KJV

Should read
Or the work of satan attributed to the Holt Spirit
Except that is NOT what the scripture says or even implies. You are trying to turn something around with no scriptural support. And whether that is a true work of God or not should be debated in another thread.

IMO the Toronto and Pensacola crowds are missing 2 key elements in their claim that those who are critical are committing the Unpardonable sin:

1 - the Pharisees that were criticizing our Lord KNEW that He was working by the Holy Spirit. As the Pharisee Nicodemus said: "..no one can do these signs that You do unless God is with him.” John 3.2

2 - They had a REASON for falsely claiming HE was operating under demonic power: they wanted to keep people away from the Gospel.

Do you think either the Toronto and Pensacola crowds are doing that? I do not.

Last edited:
Except that is NOT what the scripture says or even implies.
The one in question is about Jesus thru the power of the Holy Spirit doing miracles by the power of satan... and these slain in the spirit people are not biblically backed and are overcome by devils.... they believe they are recieving the Holy Spirit and attributing the works of devils to the Holy Spirit.....

How is this different from what the pharisees did?

Do you think either the Toronto and Pensacola crowds are doing that? I do not............

Well they have scripture that tells them what the Holy Spirit does and does not do and since being ignorant of biblical truth can bring destruction... I say yes they are responsible....

siddhi koli I am sorry your important question has become a debate among the members and I do hope that you have found the answers you were looking for and are still with us.

There have been three warnings and now four about this not being a debate forum as we are to be answering the question of the OP. Questions and Answers are for those who have questions that we are to only give answers to that question. I would suggest those who have jumped in here midstream go back and read the OP. If these debates continue the one's who are debating will be banned from this thread. Please stay on topic of the OP

Except that is NOT what the scripture says or even implies. You are trying to turn something around with no scriptural support. And whether that is a true work of God or not should be debated in another thread.

IMO the Toronto and Pensacola crowds are missing 2 key elements in their claim that those who are critical are committing the Unpardonable sin:

1 - the Pharisees that were criticizing our Lord KNEW that He was working by the Holy Spirit. As the Pharisee Nicodemus said: "..no one can do these signs that You do unless God is with him.” John 3.2

2 - They had a REASON for falsely claiming HE was operating under demonic power: they wanted to keep people away from the Gospel.

Do you think either the Toronto and Pensacola crowds are doing that? I do not.
How would you know that people are not turned away from the Gospel by people barking like dogs in a service?

The Pharisees were jealous of Jesus. That is what the scripture says. The Toronto crowd are seeking spiritual thrills. Do their services that have them bark and moo and crawl around like dogs and scream (clips of the services actually sound like hell) honor God in the eyes of observers? Are all "things being done decently and in order?" And the fact that they accuse those who see the antics differently of blaspheming against the Holy Spirit tells of the level of understanding and obedience to the Word of God they actually practice.

How would you know that people are not turned away from the Gospel by people barking like dogs in a service?

The Pharisees were jealous of Jesus. That is what the scripture says. The Toronto crowd are seeking spiritual thrills. Do their services that have them bark and moo and crawl around like dogs and scream (clips of the services actually sound like hell) honor God in the eyes of observers? Are all "things being done decently and in order?" And the fact that they accuse those who see the antics differently of blaspheming against the Holy Spirit tells of the level of understanding and obedience to the Word of God they actually practice.
I am reminded of Luke 4:31-44 with special reference to verse 35. Jesus cast the demon out that threw the man to the floor, and to claim the satanic power within the man is the Holy Spirit is out-and-out blasphemy against the Holy Spirit.

Last edited:
I am reminded of Luke 4:31-44 with special reference to verse 35. Jesus cast the demon out that threw the man to the floor, and to claim the satanic power within the man is the Holy Spirit is out-and-out blasphemy.
Great scripture but who has the courage in that movement to tell them that what they are giving and doing is demonic?

I have also wondered about how do you feel about say a tribe of cannibals in the Amazon Jungle who go out and kill and eat those from other tribes, but have never heard the gospel. You know 5 or 6 hundred or more years ago before anybody ever reached them? I mean, where is their "conscious and hardened opposition to the truth" of the gospel?

You cannot have a hardened opposition to something you have never heard. I assume you would believe (as I do) that these cannibals go to Hell when they die.

Your definition of the blasphemy of the Holy Spirit seems to be a result of somebody living in a place (America) where the gospel is taken for granted. But I would bet there are more people in the last 2,000 years who have not heard the gospel than have heard it.

I just can't see what "conscious and hardened opposition to the truth" Australian Aborigines had who were living like stone age people before the gospel was brought to them maybe 200 or whatever years ago.
I thought about this many years ago.
The blasphemy of the Holy Spirit could have occurred at any time.

God put the Natural Law in men's hearts even before Moses and the 10 commandments.
(and be saved if followed).

So if a person in a tribe worshipped God, but then killed another human, AND THOUGHT IT WAS OK to do, I think this is blaspheming.
If one has the Holy Spirit, he must know internally that God cannot permit such an act.

Oh my gosh.
This too...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back