Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

What is the blasphemy against the Holy Spirit?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,038.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Status
Not open for further replies.

siddhi koli

Matthew 12:31-32

King James Version

31 Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men.​

32 And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come.
https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew+12&version=KJV

Through our belief, we have to believe that God is Holy, and then we will be Holy.

But, if we think that Gods Holy Spirit can be unclean, that is when we blaspheme the Holy Spirit.

So instead of trying to find excuses, how we can blaspheme God/take His name in vain, we should look the other way, and make sure we do not find an excuse to be filthy and unclean with the Lord. ( like the Pharisees even blaspheming to accomplish their accusations)

Mark 3:30 Because they said, He hath an unclean spirit.

Romans 12:1 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.

1 Peter 1:14 As obedient children, not fashioning yourselves according to the former lusts in your ignorance:
15 But as he which hath called you is holy, so be ye holy in all manner of conversation;
16 Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy.
17 And if ye call on the Father, who without respect of persons judgeth according to every man's work, pass the time of your sojourning here in fear:
18 Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers;
19 But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot:

2 Peter 3:11 Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,
12 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?
13 Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.
14 Wherefore, beloved, seeing that ye look for such things, be diligent that ye may be found of him in peace, without spot, and blameless.

Matthew 12:31-32​

King James Version​

31 Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men.​

32 And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come.
If you speak against the holy spirit that is what it is. If you say that the work of the holy spirit is of the devil or even call the holy spirit the devil or say that the spirit of the anti Christ is the holy spirit. There is an action version of blasphemy of the holy ghost and that is if you murder a baby because that is a work of the holy ghost or killing a righteous person.

The spirit of the antichrist, does not confess Jesus Christ is come in the flesh, and it is all who are not of God, who cannot hear God, who is the Spirit of truth, and blasphemy is automatically, and in all things by the spirit of error.

1 John 4:3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

1 John 4:6 We are of God: he that knoweth God heareth us; he that is not of God heareth not us. Hereby know we the spirit of truth, and the spirit of error.

All sins are forgiven by the sacrifice of Jesus Christ for all of the world, but the spirit of error only blasphemes, and that spirit we see again here in Mark 3, is directly against the Spirit of Christ( the spirit of error is the real unclean spirit, and deceiver.)

Mark 3:28 Verily I say unto you, All sins shall be forgiven unto the sons of men, and blasphemies wherewith soever they shall blaspheme:
29 But he that shall blaspheme against the Holy Ghost hath never forgiveness, but is in danger of eternal damnation.
30 Because they said, He hath an unclean spirit.

Final impenitence, dying while refusing to repent and believe the gospel, rejection of salvation!
2 Tim 2:12

Mark 3 explained what it was. Because Jesus was accused of having a unclean spirit and he had the Holy Spirit of God, so its calling the Spirit of God unclean. It's calling God unclean. That would be classed as blasphemy according to Jesus. Calling Gods Spirit unclean is calling God crooked.
Yes, in other words the "slander" was directed towards the "Holy Spirit of God".

But he that shall blaspheme against the Holy Ghost....Because they said, He hath an unclean spirit.

So it's either calling Jesus unclean or calling the Spirit of God unclean.

Who is "he" in that sentence, Jesus, or the Spirit working through Jesus?. It must be the Spirit of God because it says blasphemy against Jesus can be forgiven.

I can only conclude its calling God unclean. I could be wrong but that's how I see it. The Spirit of God was working through Christ and people were calling it crooked, so they calling God crooked.

Last edited:
But he that shall blaspheme against the Holy Ghost....Because they said, He hath an unclean spirit.

So it's either calling Jesus unclean or calling the Spirit of God unclean.

Who is "he" in that sentence, Jesus, or the Spirit working through Jesus?. It must be the Spirit of God because it says blasphemy against Jesus can be forgiven.

I can only conclude its calling God unclean. I could be wrong but that's how I see it. The Spirit of God was working through Christ and people were calling it crooked, so they calling God crooked.
Luke 12:10
“And anyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man, it will be forgiven him; but to him who blasphemes against the Holy Spirit, it will not be forgiven.

The unpardonable sin is to call a work of the Holy Spirit the work of Satan. Nothing more and nothing less.
Agree 150%!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In the context of Mt 12.31-32, Jesus was performing sign miracles -- in & through the Holy Spirit -- so as to attest to His Messiahship and Sonship. He was not, at that time, preaching the Gospel or even foreshadowing it.

Each individual Jew that Jesus spoke to, at that moment in time, had personally witnessed the sign-miracles with all five of his or her senses. Based on this context, for someone to commit the unpardonable sin, he would have to blaspheme the Holy Spirit in the face of personally witnessed attesting miracles under just such circumstances.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Based on the Gospel, a believer's sins are not exactly forgiven or pardoned. Rather, they are atoned for and justified by the work of Jesus on the cross. On the cross, Jesus took on all our sins (2 Cor 5.21, Isa 53.5-6) and paid the death penalty for those sins (Rom 5.12, 6.16, 6.23), in our stead.

If one's sins were actually forgiven by God, the death penalty would not apply & those sins would need no atonement.

"....because they said he had an unclean Spirit".

The Spirit of God was working through the Son.

Some individuals called the Holy Spirit "beelzebul, and the prince of devils", so I guess that's blasphemy of the Spirit and the Spirit is offended.

"This Man does not cast out demons, except by Beelzebub the ruler of the demons.

Thats basically calling the Spirit of God evil and a devil.

Last edited:
God through Jesus is doing all these miracles like raising the dead, healing the sick, turning water into wine, walking on water, making the blind see, and God got called beezelbul and the devil.

"But do not think I will accuse you before the Father. Your accuser is Moses, on whom your hopes are set."

King James Version​

Ma'am, with all due respect; it is a simple matter and actually needs no explanation. It is written, Whosoever curseth his God shall bear his sin.

Blasphemy against the Holy Spirit

Jesus’ warning referred to willful and deliberate “blasphemy against the spirit.” There is no acquittal for this type of sin. “No, not in this system of things nor in that to come,” he added. (Matthew 12:31, 32) Those guilty of such sin will not be resurrected.

What is blasphemy against the spirit? It emanates from the heart, revealing a malicious attitude and intent. The purposeful intent to oppose God’s holy spirit intensifies the seriousness of this sin. To illustrate: In some parts of the world, the law distinguishes between murder in the first degree and murder in the second degree on the basis of intent and the way the murder was committed, and it limits capital punishment (death) to intentional or premeditated murder.

The apostle Paul was formerly a blasphemer but said: “I was shown mercy, because I was ignorant.” (1Timothy 1:13) To sin against the holy spirit is to oppose it willfully. It involves a wicked heart condition that reaches the point of no return.

Paul was evidently referring to this kind of sin when he wrote: “It is impossible as regards those who have once for all been enlightened, and who have tasted the heavenly free gift, and who have become partakers of holy spirit, and who have tasted the fine word of God and powers of the coming system of things, but who have fallen away, to revive them again to repentance.” (Hebrews 6:4-6) The apostle also said: “If we practice sin willfully after having received the accurate knowledge of the truth, there is no longer any sacrifice for sins left.”(Hebrews 10:26)

It was the conduct of some religious leaders in his day that prompted Jesus to warn against the unforgivable sin. But they did not heed his warning. In fact, they had him killed. Later they heard undeniable evidence that the holy spirit had done something miraculous. They were told that Jesus had been brought back from the dead! It was clear that Jesus was the Christ! Still, they acted wickedly against the holy spirit by paying the Roman soldiers to lie about Jesus’ resurrection.(Matthew 28:11-15)

Why should true Christians take the warning of the unforgivable sin to heart? Because although we have accurate knowledge of God and of the activity of his spirit, a wicked heart could develop. (Hebrews 3:12) We should be careful not to think that this could never happen to us. Consider Judas Iscariot. He was once a faithful follower of Jesus. He was chosen as one of the 12 apostles, so he must have had good qualities. But at some point he began to let wicked thoughts and desires grow, and they eventually overtook him. During the period of time he was an eyewitness of Jesus’ incredible miracles, he was stealing money. Then, for money, he knowingly betrayed the Son of God.

Some people who were once faithful Christians have purposely drawn away from God, perhaps because of bitterness, pride, or greed, and are now apostate fighters against God’s spirit. They willfully oppose what the spirit is clearly accomplishing. Have these individuals committed the unforgivable sin? YHWH God is the final Judge.(Romans 14:12)

Rather than judging others, we do well personally to guard against committing secret sins that can gradually harden our hearts. (Ephesians 4:30) And we take comfort in the fact that YHWH God will forgive us in a large way, even of serious sins that we have committed, if we are repentant. (Isaiah 1:18, 19)

Matthew chapter 12. Only Gods Elect can commit the unpardonable sin. All sins are forgivable, except to blasphemy against holy spirit. God has spirit of stupor on some people, so they won't understand. Read Roman's chapter 11, but the election have obtained it, and the rest were blinded. The mystery of God is hidden from some people.

King James Version​

Suicide. You can't repent AFTER you commit this sin.

Only Gods Elect can commit the unpardonable sin. When satan his here in his role as false messiah, near future. God will use both sons and daughters. Documentation, acts chapter 2. Some people have spirit of slumber and can't understand this. And other people are programmed by traditions of men, they were taught it since childhood. They can't see the truth if it was staring them in the face. First Corinthians chapter 2, the mystery of God is hidden from some people. Once again, some people have spirit of stupor, its sleeping sickness, for their protection. I documented this, and told the truth. I won't debate about this. I moved on to other green pastures.

The answer is really found in the parallel Mark scriptures in Mark 3:30. He was accused of being in league with the devil.

Mark 3:28-30

28Verily I say unto you, All sins shall be forgiven unto the sons of men, and blasphemies wherewith soever they shall blaspheme: 29But he that shall blaspheme against the Holy Ghost hath never forgiveness, but is in danger of eternal damnation: 30Because they said, He hath an unclean spirit.

King James Version​

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew+12&version

Hi! The holy spirit is something only.certain people have or will have .. if someone were to talk bad about the holy spirit they are damned forever...

To answer this question, you must determine what (or 'who') that holy spirit is!
(He didn't say those who blasphemed HIMSELF!)

1- Is the the Nameless 1/3 God of Churchianity, or
2- The power of God?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back