Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

What is the blasphemy against the Holy Spirit?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Status
Not open for further replies.

siddhi koli

Matthew 12:31-32

King James Version

31 Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men.​

32 And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come.
https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew+12&version=KJV

Agree with the post by andy pandy.

In the Matthew 12:22-32 passage, the Pharisees claimed Jesus cast out of the demon by the power of Beelzebub. In other words, they were accusing Jesus of being demon-empowered.

12:25-26 Jesus exposed their foolishness by saying if He was casting out Satan’s demons by the power of Satan, then Satan was working against himself and that would be absurd.

12:28 Jesus cast out demons by the power of the Holy Spirit and said to them, “if I cast out demons by the Spirit of God, then the kingdom of God has come upon you.” Here was undeniable proof that the kingdom of God had come upon them and was among them and they had not even realized He was there!

After that, the Pharisees opposed Jesus all they could and denied him at every opportunity. By attributing the power of the Holy Spirit to Beelzebub, they were blaspheming the Holy Spirit.

Jesus continued to say, “He who is not with Me is against Me” and it would be beneficial for people to consider the consequences of denying the deity of Jesus as the cults do because their sins will not be forgiven.

Matthew 12:31-32​

King James Version​

31 Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men.​

32 And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come.
https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew+12&version=KJV
I have no scripture 'per se' but rather of the whole Bible. My belief in the trinity causes me to believe the blasphemy of the Holy Ghost would be denying God exist to God's own face which would be the unforgiveable sin.

In the passage it was attributing the work of the Holy Spirit to be Devil. I wonder if attributing the works of the Devil to God counts.
Sure does when people who get "drunk in the spirit or slain in the spirit" by the likes of Rodney howard browne or Kenneth hagan are overcome by devils and they attribute this to the Holy Spirit which is even worst I believe.

One is attributing good works to the devil
While the other is attributing bad works to the Holy Spirit
One is replacing the Holy Spirit with the devil
While the other is replacing the devil with the Holy Spirit

And both are wrong because saying the Holy Spirit is the devil or the devil is the Holy Spirit what's the difference....

Sure does when people who get "drunk in the spirit or slain in the spirit" by the likes of Rodney howard browne or Kenneth hagan are overcome by devils and they attribute this to the Holy Spirit which is even worst I believe.

And both are wrong because saying the Holy Spirit is the devil or the devil is the Holy Spirit what's the difference....

Do you believe casting out devils is the work of the Holy Spirit or the work of the devil?

JLB

I agree. I’ve read a bit from those once in these movements but then out and the spiritual experiences they participated in did not result in more Christlike behaviour but less. I’d say that of those I peter know who are into it.

I agree. I’ve read a bit from those once in these movements but then out and the spiritual experiences they participated in did not result in more Christlike behaviour but less. I’d say that of those I peter know who are into it.
That is the Toronto blessing and is Satanic. The trouble is, it is gaining ground.
Their claim is like the Pharisees who attributed the works of Jesus to Satan, thereby blaspheming the Holy Spirit.

Last edited:
You cannot have a hardened opposition to something you have never heard. I assume you would believe (as I do) that these cannibals go to Hell when they die.

It does seem that way on the surface. But I bet that God has a way to reach those people in some form. If God can see that this tribe is so remote that they will never be contacted, then an Angelic visitation may be in order.

What about Native Americans? Who taught them the term, the Great Spirit? On a spiritual level, they could be right with God in their hearts. After all, the Lord is not willing that any should perish. So I think it would be more accurate to say, they might or might not go to hell!

It's true that God told mankind that, this is your mission, save souls for me, witness! But nothing says God can't visit people and evangelize them, and from what I hear, He's been busy!

It is written, people of all nations , kindreds and tribes will be there, right? So some will be saved somehow.

Again, posts in this forum should be directed toward answering the original poster's questions. If you feel the need to respond to other members, start a new discussion in the appropriate forum.

One of the Trinity isn't very forgiving, isn't He? heh
>>>Matt. 12:32 And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come. (kjv)

It looks like The Holy ghost greater than the Father and the son!!
I thought they are one.

That is the Toronto blessing and is Satanic. The trouble is, it is gaining ground.
Their claim is like the Pharisees who attributed the works of Jesus to Satan, thereby blaspheming the Holy Spirit.
Yes I’ve heard that. Don’t you dare evaluate us or you’ll be committing the unpardonable sin. Reminds me of the poster here who insists that if you don’t accept all the words he says, you are rejecting God. Made me realize why Jesus never used that manipulative practice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back