Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

What is the gay life style.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
jasoncran said:
since areo brought it up, i will comment on the dont ask dont tell,

how shall the military treat bisexual(males) and male homosexuals equal with lesbian and female bisexuals, i say this because of the fda blood ban.

the army is teamwork, we already separate barracks for woman and men, what now?
btw kissing in uniform is against the regs.

i have enforced that one before.
jason

Someone's sexual preference has no bearing on how well they can serve our country in uniform. That really is the bottom line.

destiny said:
Aero_Hudson said:
destiny said:
Why did you equate "appeasing sin" with love?

Here is why...

I find that many on these boards do not embrace loving certain neighbors. Instead, they advocate for treating them differently based on them being homosexuals. Some would not want them to serve in the military, not let them join in legal unions with other consenting adults, equate them with child molesters, etc. It's one thing to "hate" the sin and not the sinner or to have honest conversations on how we feel about their "sin". It is another to demand that they live less of a life as a result of that sin.

I have sensed this from you as well destiny based on your posts and most recently by the post I question. I think you find allowing homosexuals to live their lives as they choose that we are appeasing sin. If that were the case, then why do we not try to restrict how alcoholics, or adulterers, or liers, etc. live? Why is this sin so different that we choose to dictate how they should live their lives? Why are we letting sin divide us instead of finding ways to be united for the greater good?
I could also say you hate those who are for keeping the laws as they are. It cuts both ways and is often used as a ploy to gain control and divide; in truth it is far removed from the heart of the individuals purpose and motive.
You judge me unrighteously as unloving in order to say your way is the loving way.

In the end it is enough to know Gods word will judge us ALL as either justified or condemned. I love all who are bound in sin enough to want the former, I haven't forgotten where I came from or who delivered me, and had I been appeased I would have died in my sins.

What laws are we talking about? Man's laws or God's laws? Can you point out in God's laws where it states that sinners in general should not be able to live their lives? Is that biblical? I thought we are all sinners? I am a sinner but I am allowed to do the things that some question for homosexuals. Why is that?

I am not trying to control and divide. I am sincerely troubled by what I see and experience on this topic. I have experienced directly some literally wanting homosexuals to be locked up with child molesters and rapists. While others are a bit more subtle and would just settle for their rights to be taken away and force them to live differently from the rest of us ostricized by society. Make no mistake, I am not judging anyone. There is a difference in judging others and asking tough questions regarding how they see the world. Big difference there.

I think our conflict is how we define appeasement. I see it very differently than you. Appeasement is telling someone it is alright to sin without lovingly calling them out on it. Just because I choose to love my neighbors and embrace them regardless of their sin does not make me an appeaser. Was Jesus an appeaser when he stopped the prostitute from being stoned according to Jewish law? Am I an appeaser for questioning the don't ask don't tell policy as morally reprehensible? Would you be the one picking up the stones or the one lovingly telling someone to turn away from sin while still embracing them as a brother or sister?

I think we should start a new thread to discuss this. ;) But I'll just give my 2 sense.
jasoncran said:
since areo brought it up, i will comment on the dont ask dont tell,

how shall the military treat bisexual(males) and male homosexuals equal with lesbian and female bisexuals, i say this because of the fda blood ban.
Well, because of don't ask don't tell, ther are already gay/bi men and women in teh military. They just aren't open about it. I've met many online that came out after their service was up. Their is even a legion in the Casto for Gay veterans.

The second part about the blood Ban, HIV tests. A person has to pass a physical in order to inlist. The HIV test has advanced so much that we can now figure out within days whether someone is positive or not. Its an archaic law that has surved its purpose and no longer needs to be inforced. Especialy since African american Black Women have taken the lead in HIV cases. Yet their blodd is still accepted by the FDA.

the army is teamwork, we already separate barracks for woman and men, what now?
btw kissing in uniform is against the regs.
I don't see any point in sperating gay men/women from the rest of the military. They have all the same parts and funtions so its really useless. Also, disaplanery action to those caught haveing sex or any other activities.

i have enforced that one before.
jason
Ok

actually it does if aids may be involved, thus fda ban for life that i'm under. i cant give blood for the rest of my life nor my wife.

women and men in the same unit in combat has caused many divorces, just so you know, this is only rumor for now, the national guard has asked that ucmj action be taken for illicit sex.

should we pay with federal dollars a transgendered soldier sex change? Remember that all servicemembers when on title 10 active duty have free health care.

personal relationship between officers and enlisted are banned, and nco's must be the same rank and no nco mustn't date an enlisted soldier below the rank of e-4 corporal, some branches e-4 is an nco.

there are some exceptions, but i have heard that officers and enlisted marriages, one of the spouse has been kicked out.

much has changed since you been in. in practice , sometimes this has been violated ie adultery and or fornication.

general order 2 from centcom ,no soldiers may have sexual regulations unless the two are married.

it was enforced sporadically.

jason

Areo_Hudson...You are the one trying to drag me into a discussion on the "law" here, I have said enough on that crap. But, if you are saying I don't love Lance's soul then that is a complete lie based on total fabrication.

jasoncran said:
actually it does if aids may be involved, thus fda ban for life that i'm under. i cant give blood for the rest of my life nor my wife.

women and men in the same unit in combat has caused many divorces, just so you know, this is only rumor for now, the national guard has asked that ucmj action be taken for illicit sex.

should we pay with federal dollars a transgendered soldier sex change? Remember that all servicemembers when on title 10 active duty have free health care.

personal relationship between officers and enlisted are banned, and nco's must be the same rank and no nco mustn't date an enlisted soldier below the rank of e-4 corporal, some branches e-4 is an nco.

there are some exceptions, but i have heard that officers and enlisted marriages, one of the spouse has been kicked out.

much has changed since you been in. in practice , sometimes this has been violated ie adultery and or fornication.

general order 2 from centcom ,no soldiers may have sexual regulations unless the two are married.

it was enforced sporadically.

jason

You have thrown out quite a bit of speculation there. As Lance pointed out, there are already a ton of homosexuals serving in the military without any of these issues. Can you point to some evidence that support your concerns and issues?

destiny said:
Areo_Hudson...You are the one trying to drag me into a discussion on the "law" here, I have said enough on that crap. But, if you are saying I don't love Lance's soul then that is a complete lie based on total fabrication.

I'm not saying that at all. Here is what I take issue with...

- Stating I am an appeaser because I feel that homosexuals should not be discriminated against.
- Concerned how some view the Bible or "God's Law" to justify discrimination.

That's really the bottom line for me. I am in no way stating that you do not love Lance as your neighbor. However, I do question how you define / show that love. It really does concern me and not just with what I read with some of your posts. I have the same concerns with others on and off these boards.

lance, you arent in, so we now have two lovers that are in the same barracks and you tell them dont have sex, if the ban was lifted, this isnt a black white issue like you think, being a soldier in the front lines is a little different than the airforce or navy, each branch has unique issues. ie navy ban on woman submariners. army ban woman infantry.

i know that about the blood thing but should we lower the standard, yes there are gays in the military , i know of one, cant prove it.

you also forget chaplains, that would start a firestorm, if go there.

things in a short list able to punished by ucmj

suntans that affect the ability to work
repeated std infections
alcohol drinking when said not to drink by commander
lying to and nco or officer.
and many others
freedom of speech is also abridged

now back to topic

Aero_Hudson said:
destiny said:

- Stating I am an appeaser because I feel that homosexuals should not be discriminated against.

That's really the bottom line for me. I am in no way stating that you do not love Lance as your neighbor. However, I do question how you define / show that love. It really does concern me and not just with what I read with some of your posts. I have the same concerns with others on and off these boards.
I never called you an appeaser, you are the one who filled in that blank with yourself. LOL :chin

jasoncran said:
lance, you arent in, so we now have two lovers that are in the same barracks and you tell them dont have sex, if the ban was lifted, this isnt a black white issue like you think, being a soldier in the front lines is a little different than the airforce or navy, each branch has unique issues. ie navy ban on woman submariners. army ban woman infantry.

i know that about the blood thing but should we lower the standard, yes there are gays in the military , i know of one, cant prove it.

you also forget chaplains, that would start a firestorm, if go there.

things in a short list able to punished by ucmj

suntans that affect the ability to work
repeated std infections
alcohol drinking when said not to drink by commander
lying to and nco or officer.
and many others
freedom of speech is also abridged

now back to topic

Most developed nations allow open gay men and women to serve. They are not experiencing these issues.

destiny said:
Aero_Hudson said:
destiny said:

I never called you an appeaser, you are the one who filled in that blank with yourself. LOL :chin

I will just ask the question...in your mind, am I an appeaser?

personal expercience, commander officer slept with an enlisted officer, and was kicked out of battalion, a the while denying that he had a adulteriious relationship, both were married and divorced, and now are married.

he recieved a reprimand on his oer, the army covered it up rather than punish both of them, as news would found it out.

i'm a firm believer in that the military is for defending democracy not practicing it.

gay 1st lt made the mistake of commenting his lifestyle didnt affect his job, he had a bronze star, chaptered out. that was an active duty thing.

soldiers also wanted to sleep with this women and, they were jealous over the officers relationship.they
turned him in, and the soldier (female) recieved preferential treatment, even the haji on the base joked about that one. morale was crappy.

now then at a later time i was comment in the right thread.

jason

jasoncran said:
personal expercience, commander officer slept with an enlisted officer, and was kicked out of battalion, a the while denying that he had a adulteriious relationship, both were married and divorced, and now are married.

he recieved a reprimand on his oer, the army covered it up rather than punish both of them, as news would found it out.

i'm a firm believer in that the military is for defending democracy not practicing it.

gay 1st lt made the mistake of commenting his lifestyle didnt affect his job, he had a bronze star, chaptered out. that was an active duty thing.

soldiers also wanted to sleep with this women and, they were jealous over the officers relationship.they
turned him in, and the soldier (female) recieved preferential treatment, even the haji on the base joked about that one. morale was crappy.

now then at a later time i was comment in the right thread.

jason

Just curious how this supports the stance that Gays should not openly serve in the military?

i havent asked those countries yet, i have see war again i will.
because that could happen with a gay commander and gay supporbinate

jason

jasoncran said:
i havent asked those countries yet, i have see war again i will.
because that could happen with a gay commander and gay supporbinate

jason

Let me play devil's advocate. If that happens today are you saying it would happen more with homosexuals and if so, what is your proof. There are already gays in the military and this has not been an issue?

it has, a fellow soldier just back form basic told me about lesbians making out in basic training

yet soldiers male and female are banned from being in the same room unless with the drill sergeant present.but those lesbians werent banned as the army needed bodies and it convienlty follows regs

troops strength up ,more lbgt kicked out, numbers down kept in. i hate that but that's the way it is.

i started a new topic on this

Aero_Hudson said:
I will just ask the question...in your mind, am I an appeaser?
I personally have never heard you warn of the consequences of of sin on this forum, and there is a time to do that....and it won't make you a pharisee or any less of a friend if you do. We need to be a friend and also love them enough to tell them the whole truth. Like I said, I know what I was when Jesus found me and I am thankful for those who helped me along by being my friend and also telling me the truth of my condition apart from God.
As far as what you do away from this forum, I have no idea.

In loving others in their sin we must call them to repentance. If we Christians do not, who will? This is what Jesus said He was doing with sinners...calling them to repentance. Telling sinners that their sin is sin is not acting unlovingly toward them, it is actually acting very lovingly toward them. You must love the sinner more than you love yourself to do so. The Christian is here in this world as light and salt. Being light in a dark world filled with sin requires us to walk in the same love that Jesus did. He called sinners to repentance. Christians have a job to do in this world and it isn't to make sinners feel like they are alright in their sin. It is to preach the gospel and call sinners to repentance. Jesus did not stone the prostitue because He was getting ready to go to the cross for her and for all mankind. She could not be born again until He accomplished that work. He has done that, now we Christians are His ambassadors going about setting men and women free from their sin.

Eph 5:11 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them.
Eph 5:12 For it is a shame even to speak of those things which are done of them in secret.
Eph 5:13 But all things that are reproved are made manifest by the light: for whatsoever doth make manifest is light.
Eph 5:14 Wherefore he saith, Awake thou that sleepest, and arise from the dead, and Christ shall give thee light.

Clarke's commentary of verse 11 says it all for me:
reprove them - Bear a testimony against them; convince them that they are wrong; confute them in their vain reasons; reprove them for their vices, which are flagrant, while pretending to superior illumination. All these meanings has the Greek word ??????, which we generally render to convince or reprove.

P.S. FYI, I have a close family member who was delivered supernaturally by the power of God from being a transgender homosexual and her deliverance began with Christians telling her that her sin was sin and calling her to repentance. God did the rest. Once she wanted to be free of that spirit of homosexuality; Jesus, who is stronger than that strongman set her free completely and totally. Men's souls are eternal. These are eternal things, not to be toyed with or glossed over or made light of in any way. People's eternal destinies are at stake.

that person was transgender or homosexual? Did they complete the surgery or never had one or just was in the process.

i always to hear of saved transgendered as the lord is able.

jason

jasoncran said:
that person was transgender or homosexual? Did they complete the surgery or never had one or just was in the process.

i always to hear of saved transgendered as the lord is able.

jason

Both. She thought she was a male in a female body from a very young age (around 9). That spirit can be very deceptive and it targets a person as a child so it can convince them they are born that way. Jesus gloriouly and totally delivered her in an instant thru an experience similar to Paul's on the Demascus road. She saw a blinding light after she called upon God to deliver her. It doesn't happen that way for everyone that God delivers from that, but it did her. She is the one whose testimony got me saved. I was pretty much an agnostic until I saw what happened to her and then God had my attention. She witnessed to me with the word afterward and I got born again. So God had His plan, worked His plan and the rest, as they say, is history.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back