Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

What is the general consensus on the rapture here?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
It's exactly like you said, Matthew 24:29-31 is about Jesus' return on the last day of this world, which is immediately after the tribulation He pointed to in verse 21. Those who have the hardest time with that simple Scripture are those who are taught to disregard it, those on a false Pre-trib Rapture theory from men.

But just in case you might not know, what Jesus taught there in Matthew 24:29-31 and Mark 13:24-27 directly parallels what Apostle Paul taught in 1 Thessalonians 4 about the event of Christ's coming and gathering of His Church. That is revealed by looking closely at the very last phrase of from where each group is gathered (per Matthew 24:31 and Mark 13:27). So Apostle Paul was pulling directly from Christ's teaching about the so-called rapture event.
When you take Mathew 24:29-31; Mark 13:24-27, 1 Corinthians 15:51-58 and 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18 these verses leave no doubt that Christ does return on the last day.

All these so called famous pretrib teachers try to us Rev 4:1 to prove that of a pretrib rapture of the Church, but neglect vs. 2 that John was only caught up in the Spirit when these visions were given to him and not literally taken up to heaven, John 3:13.

Rev 4:1 After this I looked, and, behold, a door was opened in heaven: and the first voice which I heard was as it were of a trumpet talking with me; which said, Come up hither, and I will shew thee things which must be hereafter.
Rev 4:2 And immediately I was in the spirit: and, behold, a throne was set in heaven, and one sat on the throne.

The Resurrection and Rapture take place at His coming.

For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord will by no means precede those who are asleep. 1 Thessalonians 4:15

JLB
Yes, definitely, as written.

Reactions: JLB
When you take Mathew 24:29-31; Mark 13:24-27, 1 Corinthians 15:51-58 and 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18 these verses leave no doubt that Christ does return on the last day.

All these so called famous pretrib teachers try to us Rev 4:1 to prove that of a pretrib rapture of the Church, but neglect vs. 2 that John was only caught up in the Spirit when these visions were given to him and not literally taken up to heaven, John 3:13.

Rev 4:1 After this I looked, and, behold, a door was opened in heaven: and the first voice which I heard was as it were of a trumpet talking with me; which said, Come up hither, and I will shew thee things which must be hereafter.
Rev 4:2 And immediately I was in the spirit: and, behold, a throne was set in heaven, and one sat on the throne.
That's right. I don't believe most of those pre-trib rapture preachers even read their Old Testament part of The Bible, otherwise they wouldn't missed what it means to be 'in The Spirit', a la Isaiah 6 and Ezekiel, etc.

I believe it could be any time, as all the signs are here in our very eyes. We see all the bible signs coming to pass. The world is getting worse. I would be surprised if Jesus didnt come back in 5 years.

Back