Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

What is the work of the builder that will burn?

What do you think the work is that Paul says will be burned up?

• The first two churches built by the Three Little Pigs.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
The works being done are doctrine that pertains to us, the Body of Christ.. What doctrine is taught, how it is taught, handled, etc... Correct doctrine for us today can be found in Romans through Philemon. Doctrine taught out of other books of the bible as pertaining to us, will be burned up. The correct way to teach our doctrine is starting at Romans 1:1 and working your way through Philemon. All of the Bible is FOR us, but not all of the Bible is TO us.

2 Tim 2:15 - Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

The modern church, generally speaking, always thinks in terms of 'doctrine', not works. That's why it's hard for the church to see the truth about works related teachings in the Bible.

Nobody's going to get an award in heaven for the doctrines they believed to be true while in the earth. We are all going to be judged according to what we have done. That being true, let's all stop taking false comfort in what we are sure is our accurate doctrines that we think will win the praise and honor of our heavenly Father and start seeking the comfort and assurance of acting like Christ according to the fruit of the Spirit in this world.

10 Therefore, brethren, be all the more diligent to make certain about His calling and choosing you; for as long as you practice these things, you will never stumble; 11 for in this way the entrance into the eternal kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ will be abundantly supplied to you." (2 Peter 1:10-11 NASB emphasis mine)

Nobody's going to get an award in heaven for the doctrines they believed to be true while in the earth.

διδασκαλία
teaching, teachings, instruction, doctrines

1 Timothy 4:6 (LEB) By teaching these things [the doctrines of Christ] to the brothers, you will be a good servant of Christ Jesus, trained in the words of the faith and of the good teaching that you have followed faithfully.
BTW, 1 Timothy 1:9-10 includes the opposition to sound doctrines with quite a list of other offenses (sins):
1. lawless
2. rebellious,
3. ungodly
4. sinners,
5. unholy
6. totally worldly,
7. one who kills his father
8. one who kills his mother,
9. murderers,
10. sexually immoral people,
11. homosexuals,
12. kidnappers,
13. liars,
14. perjurers,
15. whatever else is opposed to sound teaching,
As for rewards, Paul tells Timothy:

1 Timothy 4:16 Fix your attention on yourself and on your teaching. Continue in them, for by doing this you will save both yourself and those who hear you.

2 Timothy 4:3-8 For there will be a time when they will not put up with sound teaching, but in accordance with their own desires, they will accumulate for themselves teachers, because they have an insatiable curiosity, and they will turn away from the hearing of the truth
[see John 10:28], but will turn to myths. But you, be self-controlled in all things, bear hardship patiently, do the work of an evangelist, fulfill your ministry. For I am already being poured out as a drink offering, and the time of my departure is imminent. I have fought the good fight, I have completed the race, I have kept the faith. Finally, the crown of righteousness is reserved for me, that the Lord, the righteous Judge, will award to me on that day, and not only to me, but also to all who have loved his appearing.

...[ Oh, ya. He also said this:]

2 Timothy 4:18 The Lord will rescue me from every evil deed, and will save me for his heavenly kingdom, to whom be the glory forever and ever. Amen.
"Save" = σώσει sōsei
save; keep
verb, future, active, indicative, third person, singular

Chessman said -

...[ Oh, ya. He also said this:]

2 Timothy 4:18 The Lord will rescue me from every evil deed, and will save me for his heavenly kingdom, to whom be the glory forever and ever. Amen. "Save" = σώσει sōsei
save; keep
verb, future, active, indicative, third person, singular

Paul could say this as he was confident in whom he served, and his lifestyle and commitment was a reflection of his faith in action.

This is not a blanket statement for all Christians.

JLB

The modern church, generally speaking, always thinks in terms of 'doctrine', not works. That's why it's hard for the church to see the truth about works related teachings in the Bible.

Nobody's going to get an award in heaven for the doctrines they believed to be true while in the earth. We are all going to be judged according to what we have done. That being true, let's all stop taking false comfort in what we are sure is our accurate doctrines that we think will win the praise and honor of our heavenly Father and start seeking the comfort and assurance of acting like Christ according to the fruit of the Spirit in this world.

10 Therefore, brethren, be all the more diligent to make certain about His calling and choosing you; for as long as you practice these things, you will never stumble; 11 for in this way the entrance into the eternal kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ will be abundantly supplied to you." (2 Peter 1:10-11 NASB emphasis mine)
Have you read 1 Corinthians 3? It is specifically talking about doctrine..Paul is the master builder who builds upon the foundation which is Jesus Christ. What is he building? He Teaches, preaches, etc...But what? Doctrine.....Romans - Philemon is what Paul taught.

2 Tim 2:15 - Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

What does this verse mean to you? Why does the workman need to study? So that he will be able to teach and preach the correct doctrine for this dispensation. Rightly divide the word of truth. There are 2 truths. 1 truth for Israel. 1 Truth for the body of Christ which consist mostly of gentiles. God doesn't leave it up to us to figure out this division. He has already showed us.

Rom 11:13 - For I speak to you Gentiles, inasmuch as I am the apostle of the Gentiles, I magnify mine office.
1 Cor 4:16 - wherefore I beseech you, be ye followers of me.
1 Cor 11:1 - Be ye followers of me, even as I also am of Christ.

It is Paul who is the apostle of the gentiles and we are to follow his teachings. It is his teachings that are specifically to us. We follow Paul as he teaches Jesus Christ according to the revelation of the mystery which was kept secret since the word began. It is through his teaching that will effectually work in a believer to think like God, act like God, and to labour with God in God's business. What is God's business for us? To labour with God in reconciling the heavenly places. What is Israels? To labour with God in reconciling the Earth to God. Two truths. Is real will follow Peter, John, James, Jude as they preach according to what God has spoke and made know through his holy prophets since the world began. 2 truths - 1 that was kept secret since the world began which is what Paul taught. 1 that Jesus Christ earthly ministry and the 12 apostles taught that was made know since the world began.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back