Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study What makes humans different from all the rest

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00
God knew what would happen and so He put animals here for us because He knew that we would fall and need them for food. Right?!
Wrong. He gave "every herb-bearing plant and fruit for food". Meat is not needed for food. It is only after humans became fallen and started shedding blood (ie: killing because the life is in the blood), that is when they began taking the life of others in order to satisfy their lusts. You shoot deer? That explains it. I love deer. I believe God does too and that is why He made them.

the deer or humans born.,which population does God given the command be fruitful and multiply ?

certaonly not any animal ,deer since we compete with their range ,yes ok Walt Disney killed many natural range area and not just him for deer in my stare,these would be found nearly to the Florida keys .

pray tell how you would cull humans or deer ?

Wrong. He gave "every herb-bearing plant and fruit for food". Meat is not needed for food. It is only after humans became fallen and started shedding blood (ie: killing because the life is in the blood), that is when they began taking the life of others in order to satisfy their lusts. You shoot deer? That explains it. I love deer. I believe God does too and that is why He made them.

Actually, after the flood, God changed things up a bit adding meat (animal flesh) to the menu along with green herbs.

So God blessed Noah and his sons, and said to them: “Be fruitful and multiply, and fill the earth. And the fear of you and the dread of you shall be on every beast of the earth, on every bird of the air, on all that move on the earth, and on all the fish of the sea. They are given into your hand. Every moving thing that lives shall be food for you. I have given you all things, even as the green herbs.
Genesis 9:1-3 NKJV

Also in Leviticus 11:1-47 NKJV God defines what specific animals were clean food for the Israelites. Also, throughout the Old Testament the Israelites performed many sacrifices with some of them used as food for both priests and others.

Then in Acts 10:9-15 NKJV Peter is instructed to "Kill and eat."

The next day, as they were on their journey and approaching the city, Peter went up on the housetop about the sixth hour to pray. And he became hungry and wanted something to eat, but while they were preparing it, he fell into a trance and saw the heavens opened and something like a great sheet descending, being let down by its four corners upon the earth. In it were all kinds of animals and reptiles and birds of the air. And there came a voice to him: “Rise, Peter; kill and eat.” But Peter said, “By no means, Lord; for I have never eaten anything that is common or unclean.” And the voice came to him again a second time, “What God has made clean, do not call common.”

Last edited:
Actually, after the flood, God changed things up a bit adding meat (animal flesh) to the menu along with green herbs.
That does nothing to support the premise in dispute, that "animals were put here for our food and convenience" (see post #55). Is there some other point you were trying to make?

the deer or humans born.,which population does God given the command be fruitful and multiply ?
That blessing was given to Adam and Eve in the image of God, before the curses on account of their sin. Remember also that God has subsequently shortened the lifespan of the human and at one time He would have destroyed all living flesh, if it weren't that Noah had found favour in His sight. You cannot say that the fallen human deserves the same blessings as the one who is without sin.
certaonly not any animal ,deer since we compete with their range
This makes no sense to me. What is the "range" of an animal or deer that you say we compete with? I don't see myself as competing with animals. They are companions and neighbours to me.

,yes ok Walt Disney killed many natural range area and not just him for deer in my stare,these would be found nearly to the Florida keys .

pray tell how you would cull humans or deer ?
Could you please check this for typing mistakes. I am not comfortable to guess what you are trying to say. I think "stare" means "state" and I don't know what you mean about culling humans or deer.

That blessing was given to Adam and Eve in the image of God, before the curses on account of their sin. Remember also that God has subsequently shortened the lifespan of the human and at one time He would have destroyed all living flesh, if it weren't that Noah had found favour in His sight. You cannot say that the fallen human deserves the same blessings as the one who is without sin.

This makes no sense to me. What is the "range" of an animal or deer that you say we compete with? I don't see myself as competing with animals. They are companions and neighbours to me.

Could you please check this for typing mistakes. I am not comfortable to guess what you are trying to say. I think "stare" means "state" and I don't know what you mean about culling humans or deer.
you have a house ,you use water ,power and sewage .in my,states history habitat for bears,the panther and deer were taken to create farms,groves ,homes .

Ok. I agree with that, it's a truthful fact to the best of my knowledge. Did you want to make a point with it?
the genes to do that didn't get created by us but were there .God created that ,now them God said go and subdue the earth and be fruitful and multi ply

trees to make houses ,do you expect one guy to cut a cypress tree ,hew it and not use oxen and tools to do that

tilling ,imply an ox pulling it .

If all us humans had to be vegetarians God would have known that...for us, it would have been a big missed-take. :lol

Besides, if we weren't supposed to ever eat any animals then I would think that something, anything, would be said about it in the Bible. There doesn't seem to be any. thou shalt not kill or eat animals in there at all. I found thou shall not murder but that is clearly talking about mankind.

So you love Deer. That's good, Brother. I love Deer too. What about fish though? Do you not love fish also? Or do you not eat fish?

John 21:5-6
5 Then Jesus said to them, “Children, have you any food?” They answered Him, “No.”
6 And He said to them, “Cast the net on the right side of the boat, and you will find some.” So they cast, and now they were not able to draw it in because of the multitude of fish.../

In a wacky sort of way here, If you love animals so don't eat them that you should also love them even more for their sacrifice of life so that men and their children can eat. Then the Deer moves up in the hierarchy of life. The Deer is eaten by man, so becomes man.

my state I know the project history of rail roads ,canals and planned cities ,these all caused animals to die off .we either hunted some ,others died for lack of food ,the deer didn't just die from desire they had limited ranges .

so we cull the herds to keep them from extinction as they will over graze ,man builds cities ,houses and farms these all compete with animal habitats ,these are why said who decides what to cull?

you have a house ,you use water ,power and sewage .in my,states history habitat for bears,the panther and deer were taken to create farms,groves ,homes .

And more land will continue to be needed for increasing populations because people go at it like rabbits and generally can not help it because when God said be fruitful and multiply, He was probably speaking to our very DNA, lol.

Som God was wrong when he told Peter to eat the food that was in the blanket because anything that he created was not to be considered unclean?

And more land will continue to be needed for increasing populations because people go at it like rabbits and generally can not help it because when God said be fruitful and multiply, He was probably speaking to our very DNA, lol.
I don't think that is the case as abortion wil make sure it will give a net increase to the population.

That does nothing to support the premise in dispute, that "animals were put here for our food and convenience" (see post #55). Is there some other point you were trying to make?

So are you saying that we caught God off guard when we fell and so letting us eat animals was an afterthought of His?

THIS COULD BE A REPEAT, IF SO, SORRY
Are moral vales an instinctive act or one taught

This thread was created to explore human’s moral values taught through fiction and nonfiction examples. It is the intent to express moral values that is the core of our moral values today.

The architectural form of theatre in Rome , theatrical practice and performance took place in Rome has been linked back even further to the 4th century B.C.E.,

1623431584736.png

Romans favored entertainment and performance over tragedy and drama, displaying a more modern form of theatre that is still used in contemporary times.
Theatre of ancient Rome - Wikipedia

William Shakespeare was an English playwright, poet, and actor, widely regarded as the greatest writer in the English language and the world's greatest dramatist. He is often called England's national poet

1623431608425.png
COMEDIES

All's Well That Ends Well (1602), As You Like It (1599), Comedy of Errors (1589), Love's Labour's Lost (1594), Winter's Tale (1610)

Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra was a Spanish writer widely regarded as the greatest writer in the Spanish language and one of the world's pre-eminent novelists. He is best known for his novel Don Quixote, a work often cited as both the first modern novel and one of the pinnacles of world literature. Wikipedia
1623431642095.png 1623431653201.png 1623431671737.png

The point I am trying to make is that humans are the only animals that that can create live scenes where actors play the part of good and bad individuals for the audience to see and judge. It is a learning experience.

Now we have movies and TV shows that do the same thing. When your child is watching a TV show, your child is learning moral values. Morality is the oldest known value that has been expressed throughout the history of humanity.

The only reason I am bringing this up is because I was doubting mankind’s future. I was beginning to believe the dark side was winning and the human race was heading towards self-destruction. Now after reviewing the history of the human race I can say we are not doomed, morality is the dominant human consciousness that prevails over all other motives for our existence on this planet. I am now sure that the aliens that planted our seed on this planet are looking at us with favor.

I believe the world is unfolding as it should; how about you?.

(:-

Along with Theater, in the modern era we have moral based comedies.

Friends is an American television sitcom
1623438386174.png1623438393903.png1623438403471.png1623438413154.png1623438420261.png1623438427358.png

Seinfeld (/ˈsaɪnfɛld/; SYNE-feld) is an American sitcom television series created by Larry David and Jerry Seinfeld

1623438442316.png
And we have live action western that also express moral values that our children watch every day.

Gunsmoke is an American radio and television Western drama series created by director Norman Macdonnell and writer John Meston.
1623438459483.png1623438467261.png1623438476864.png

I have asked this before, and no one cares to answer.

Do European countries have TV shows, movies that teach moral values like we do in the USA-?

Can anyone here find other moral values expressed in our daily lives?

The human does not have respect for the natural habitat of other species or for life in general. What does this do to further the idea you promote: that humans have a conscience?

I found thou shall not murder but that is clearly talking about mankind.
I think the one I presented already should be perfectly sufficient.
What about fish though? Do you not love fish also? Or do you not eat fish?
I do love fish too and yes I do not eat them.
so that men and their children can eat
That's not necessary. It is not necessary to kill animals for food. That's made clear by God's design and by observable fact.
The Deer is eaten by man, so becomes man.
That's craziness.

Back