Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

what music are we listening to?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Not that I support his being gay (I didn't even know who Maurice Harris was until I saw this commercial during Fall a few years ago), but the song playing in the background caught my attention. It's called "Les Fleurs," i.e. "The flowers," and I loved seeing this commercial every time after whenever it came on, just because of the creativity.

The song obviously stuck with me, because every Fall when football season rolled around I would hear it in my head again. It's like it was just captured in time. So this year I decided to go find out who sang it. It's an old seventies song by Minnie Riperton, and I found out she was born close to my birthday, so maybe that explains why I'm drawn to it.

Just sharing. I figure that's what a thread like this is for.

Sometimes I grow tired of others thinking I'm the enemy when I'm simply trying to help. But I will fight till I die, regardless of it all.

Guess I'll post a little self-encouragement. Discovered this one today.

Don't let this cold world change you
Don't ever go astray, and don't you fail to keep on giving
Don't fail to show your strength
Like so many lives marching in time

Took my girlfriend to go see CATS at the city performing arts theatre and so now I am on a CATS musical kick.

My favorite part of course being the magical Mr. Mistoffelees.

Back