Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

whatever you desire to have

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
they don't tolerate the homeless or vagrants much on the beach. as recent as yesterday a black coworker was approached by the cops for being a suspect in break in. the knew he didn't do it, a couple called him in because he simply got smart with them as he told them in a sarcastic but loud manner. I have read this neighborhood four times and you don't know me? If that was me, they wouldn't have called me in. I have read that route more times that man.in fact I should him that route, even though they changed it.

I wonder if that is because most people do not grow up wealthy. So when they work hard for what they receive they have a harder time giving it up?
I think that most kids who grow up getting whatever they want can grow up to be fine people but it is truly the attitude of the parents that determines the attitude of the child.
I think some parents just give kids whatever they want to keep them out of their hair or they don't want to take the time to argue with them, it's just easier to give in. In this case children can get the wrong idea about getting material things. They come to see it as how one shows love, it becomes a comfort thing to them. Rather like a child who is always given edible treats when they are sad or as rewards for good behaviors. Food can become a way that they comfort themselves.
People who have been raised poor can become overly fastidious about their money. Penny pinchers even when it comes to themselves, they fear being unable to pay their bills, they make sure they always have plenty of money put away in case of famine.
Then there are those who kind of fly by the seat of their pants. When times are bountiful they are great at sharing and when times are lean they are happy to just get by.
I grew up in a wealthy family.I had everything I wanted.I was a spoiled brat.Then I married someone who was wealthy.I now have very,very little.In fact if you came inside my home you would think I was amish.I wear jeans and a t-shirt every single day.I don't spend money on clothes.I am a very practical person now.I am the queen of low maintenance.I think God for this.I am a better person.I am a happier person and I thank God for every single thing He Blesses me with.I appreciate the smallest item that I buy now.

I grew up in a wealthy family.I had everything I wanted.I was a spoiled brat.Then I married someone who was wealthy.I now have very,very little.In fact if you came inside my home you would think I was amish.I wear jeans and a t-shirt every single day.I don't spend money on clothes.I am a very practical person now.I am the queen of low maintenance.I think God for this.I am a better person.I am a happier person and I thank God for every single thing He Blesses me with.I appreciate the smallest item that I buy now.

Different people live different lives, they learn different things in different ways, at different times in their lives. :)

they don't tolerate the homeless or vagrants much on the beach. as recent as yesterday a black coworker was approached by the cops for being a suspect in break in. the knew he didn't do it, a couple called him in because he simply got smart with them as he told them in a sarcastic but loud manner. I have read this neighborhood four times and you don't know me? If that was me, they wouldn't have called me in. I have read that route more times that man.in fact I should him that route, even though they changed it.

That's funny! It reminds me of an incident which happened to me and my buddy. We had a technical class to attend one night at the gas company. We were running late, and had worked all day in a muddy ditch. We didn't stop off to change clothes because we were running late. We walked in to the gas co., (we looked terrible!) there was no one in the usual classroom so we walked up to the counter and asked where is the class? The lady went into the other room to inquire of a co-worker of hers and made the remark that there's a couple Bijou degenerates out there asking about a class so they can go in and eat...(they feed us at the classes, they call the homeless the bijou degenerates because there's a nice big bridge on Bijou St. where a lot of homeless sleep underneath it), and they thought we was some of them because of our appearance. it turned out that we had mixed up the days of the class and it was the next night. LOL.

I actually feel that I'm already there. I can't think of anything that I could buy that I would like to buy.

What I desire most can't be bought with money anyway.
sad_smiley_40.gif

What I desire most can't be bought with money anyway.
sad_smiley_40.gif

The Lord already paid that price for you. I see you healed.
You are clearly an overcomer. Not that the trials are over but what you have been through and are going through are for the healing of others.
Sometimes it's hard to see our trials as a blessing but they often are. What you can do to bless others because of your trials is something I could never do, I would have no understanding.
You are a gifted, precious one. :hug

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back