Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

When did the Church begin?

Do you believe the Church began on the day of Pentecost?

• Yes

Votes: 11 61.1%
  • No

Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 11.1%

• Total voters

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00
yes and until Christ told peter upon this rock i will build my church. this is first time Church word was used. Christ is the corner stone the foundation the Rock . when he said the gates of hell will not prevail .. nothing would stop His Church being built. - from acts chapter 2 we see the Church exploding in growth. the Church is the local assembly aka the Body of Christ .

the church is not perfect if it was we would have no need for Christ. :cross
As the church is the body of Christ, it sure is perfect. (1 Cor 12:27)

As the church is the body of Christ, it sure is perfect. (1 Cor 12:27)
Now ye are the body of Christ and members in particular. And God hath set some in the church, first apostles, secondarily prophets, thirdly teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, governments, diversities of tongues. (1Co 12:27-28 KJV)

"Paul reminds the Corinthians that they are the body of Christ. This cannot mean the Body of Christ in its totality. Neither can it mean a Body of Christ, since there is only one Body. It can only mean that they collectively form a microcosm or miniature of the Body of Christ. Individually each one is a member of that great cooperative society. As such he should fulfil his function without any feeling of pride, independence, envy, or worthlessness." (Believers Bible)
The gifts listed above are a little too much for me, but I do try to show others the Word of God. The least any of us can do is to try and live a life that is pleasing to God, without being hypocritical about it. So: -

Let us examine ourselves.
Examine yourselves to see whether you are living in the faith. Test yourselves. Do you not realize that Jesus Christ is in you?—unless, indeed, you fail to meet the test! (2Co 13:5 NRSV).

Last edited:
Just a little note for our edification.

US. Come round tonight and have dinner with us.

NT Church. Come round tonight and break bread with us

Firstly, they weren't even called Christians till Acts 11.
Secondly, it was the Jewish "church" before Jesus was resurrected, so technically wasn't the "church" I belong to.
Thirdly, until Jesus was killed, we could not be baptized into Him. (Rom 6:3-7)
Christianism the new name the father promised to name His bride in Isaiah 62.

Previously called her Israel as in all of israel are not born again Jews . Some unbelieving Jews were trusting thier dying flesh could profit towards salvation.

Abel the first member as the bride of Christ the churches first prophet sent as a apostle martyred .

Christian literally . . .residents of the city of Christ prepared as his bride. A more befitting name to name the bride of all the nations of the world.

Back