Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

When should a Christian own/not own a Lamborghini?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
This is probably the hardest thing to talk about. No one needs a $400,000 car, that is obvious.

But think....
Do we really NEED expensive clothing when others go without? Should we really spend tons of money on college when others can't afford to go?

Should we be taking vacations to other countries, or a month off to see the USA instead of working every day and helping others with the money?

Do we really need a laptop computer for every person in the home? Do our teens need a car to drive (past the school bus) to school when that money can feed the poor?

Some children struggle because they don't have the nice things others do at school, yet we spend money on attending sporting events, going out to the movies and concerts when we COULD give so that a poor child has more - is this moral?

ALL of what I have spoken of, is any of it any less offensive than buying a $400,000 car? Oh, sure, it's more ACCEPABLE - but everything I listed, all of it, we can live without. Many of us DO live without.

But it's easy to attack the wealthy, and it makes up feel superior, even "Christian" to do so. Fact is, we believe we have earned, or that we need all of these things I've listed - and we don't think the rich guy "needs" his car.

But we need these items no more than he needs that Lambo. PERIOD.
So, do you still feel superior?

I agree Pizzaguy.
America is rich!
The American dream is to work hard and have all the good things in life.
It is hardly Christian.
And yet the Christian tries to justify it.
For most Americans, it's takes most of a lifetime to figure it out.
And even longer to actually do it.

Would I like a new car? yes
Do I need a new car? no
But I think about it because that's the American way.

There are many battles going on inside of us.
Talking about them to one another helps us all deal with these things.
Hopefully, we will all come away from this with a more Christlike mindset.

No one needs a $400,000 car, that is obvious.
Despite the fact that most will disagree, no one needs A car. I have plenty of neighbors that can attest to that. If it wasn't cars we'd argue about owning prize purebred horses vs the barnyard mix and my response then would be nobody needs A horse when God gave us the ability to walk or crawl.

Some people feel the need for status symbols because of their social groups. I guess you could say "well, if you're a Christian, why are you in that social group?" but one can't always control that. So, very wealthy Christians (men, in particular) may feel pressured into buying things that would seem over-the-top to the rest of us. Actually, status symbols go with any social group. These clothes+this car+this house=respectable middle-class of some persuasion (for instance....).

Most Christians in Europe, with their high taxes, would never even get to consider a Lamborghini... :chin
And yet, when I went to Europe, I saw more luxury cars there than I had in my entire life.
@Nick : Point taken.... :)

The fact remains that so many European politicians have very primitive, expropriative and statist instincts, which often go together with radical secularism.

Blessings.

Sell that Lamborghini Mike, sell it!

Ahhh, Bummer............... Alright. I can get two cheap used Dodge Vipers!!!!!

Seriously, I don't have a Lambo, but I do have a picture of one and Thank God for it every day. Been believing my Father for one for about 10 years now, and I will get it.

Here is the thing, If you believe that any material goods on this planet are more important than other material goods because someone put a price on it, then your going to be in bondage from receiving from God. Daddy ain't Broke!!!!!

I walk by faith and I never realized just how poverty minded I had been. It makes me very sad to hear someone can't pay their rent and I just don't have it to give them. I want to be in a place where I can respond to any need.

Now don't get me wrong, we don't want to be someone's source but we don't want to stand around with empty pockets.

I use to be broke, stone broke. In fact the Poor called me broke. I use to dream of what it would be like to not be poor. I also got mad at the rich because they just wasted money on stupid stuff like cars and nice rings, and here I was wondering what my family was Going to eat. Really made me mad inside.

That was until I slowly got more word minded. I noticed Jesus was not broke, Always handing out money to the Poor, could have paid to feed the 5,000 if there was a place to buy that amount and get it there. Jesus had a very expensive Robe he wore, and to think of the anointing and power of God in the robe?

How's Jesus just have all that and yet not be concerned about mansions or other things?

It struck me. God was His source, if He needed tax money a fish would come by and cough it up. Always lots of money to just give away, had a product so expensive that someone just dumped on him, and in today's wages it would have been worth over 18,000 a full year wage at a low paying job. Did not phase Jesus a bit.

Judas was the one that wanted to sell it and give to the Poor.............. The spirit of covetousness.

So, I decided with the wife to tithe and give 10% of everything that came in. It was not much, but God first, bills later.

That is how God slowly brought us out, I stopped wanting the nice things. God is my source and if my faith can't get it, I don't need it.

years passed and I learned that price means nothing. No matter how much money you think you have, it's never enough. God has to be the source because He don't run out.

So things like Lamborghini's and such are just things. The price does not matter as we must be willing to give all, and receive all. When we get to our home in Heaven, we will see just how poor earth really was. Not only in material things but spiritual things.

So, pay that extra 10.00 a month to enjoy your favorite Animal show for your enjoyment or drive your Lamborghini around because you enjoy it? If God is your source, then price does not matter.

It's when you spend all day watching animals and have it take up your time God set aside for Him, that is when animals and Lamborghini's become a problem. Price has nothing to do with it.

The lust of other things enter in and choke the word................. Word must always be first!!!!

So people can say what they want. Mike will empty his bank account if God asks no matter what bill is due and I will give it. I will sell my car and what I have if the Lord asked me to do so.

God knows this about me, He brought me to that place.

Just recently a sister was having a Baby shower and my wife got invited. On her list of things she wanted the most expensive was a baby car seat for like about 200.00. My wife and I are not rich yet, but we never do without. All the women that came had far more money than we did, but none of them bought anything off that list that was over 50.00. Why? these are Christian women?

This lady is also poor who was having the baby and she was just wondering how to get the baby home. The Lord spoke to my wife though....... "Take the power bill money, and get her that car seat."

The wife came to me and asked and I knew right away what God said. I said fine, do it. So we got the car seat, and 6 days later got a shut off notice.

The day before they were suppose to come out and turn the power off, someone came into my wife's work out of nowhere, someone we have not talked to in months and handed my wife 200.00. She told my wife God sent her.

So allenwynne, the last thing I would ever do is put my mouth on someone that wants something nice or someone that has something people might be considered expensive. I will shout with them because I know who the source is, and I don't want to sow anything that would stop God from getting into my hands things that help me and used to help others.

Your blessed.

:)

Mike.

This lady is also poor who was having the baby and she was just wondering how to get the baby home. The Lord spoke to my wife though....... "Take the power bill money, and get her that car seat."

The wife came to me and asked and I knew right away what God said. I said fine, do it. So we got the car seat, and 6 days later got a shut off notice.

The day before they were suppose to come out and turn the power off, someone came into my wife's work out of nowhere, someone we have not talked to in months and handed my wife 200.00. She told my wife God sent her.

Brother Mike,

This testimony was about faith and how faith works.

This is how I have lived my life.

I want to point out to you the principles in this testimony of yours that represent true faith.

Some of what you talked about, are not necessarily about faith, but come from the faith movement.

Faith comes by hearing God.

Faith has the element of obedience, to be a "living" faith.

Also, concerning sowing: you reap what you sow.

You gave money for the seat, you received money for the light bill.

I have helped people with this many times.

Reminds me of a girl I was dating, who was believing God for a car.

She was very faithful at church, she was a single mom who tithed and worked in the nursery for two years.

She had been believing for a new vehicle.

So the Holy Spirit had me me ask her a question.

Have you ever given anyone a car?

She said No.

I said how can you expect to receive something you have not sown.

I said, what you have sown is money, and you have sown your time faithfully in this Church to be a blessing to these people.

If you will go to the Pastor, and ask him to allow you to stand up before the congregation and tell them your need and take up an offering for your vehicle.

Well you probably know what happened.

The Pastor allowed this woman to do just that, and was a little upset when the people gave much much more to her, that what he took up on Sunday morning.

She went and paid cash for her new Ford SUV , which at the time was 15,000.

The people loved her and knew of her sacrifice and faithfulness to that Church.

I am not saying that taking up an offering is the answer for everyone, but she was due a harvest there where she had sown faithfully in that "field".

You reap WHAT you sow.

You reap MORE than what you sow.

You reap in a different season that when you sow.

Remember if you still have faith for something then you haven't received the reality of what you are believing for.

The goal is not faith, the goal is receiving what God intends for you to have.

Your Blessed.

JLB

If you will go to the Pastor, and ask him to allow you to stand up before the congregation and tell them your need and take up an offering for your vehicle.

That is pretty awesome. Brother Keith took up an offering for someone on the praise and worship team to pay off their house. My wife ran down and emptied her bank account to get that seed. We took up 78,000 dollars. I am not sure what comes in for an offering on any given Sunday or Friday but that is a whopper chunk seed toward a house payment. We also took up normal offering first before that. However, I know Brother Keith would not have done that without the Lord dealing with him about it, so the Lord awarded those that obey and serve Him.

You gave money for the seat, you received money for the light bill.

Seed is always multiplied. We gave our bill money and obeyed God. I might drive a Lamborghini someday but it won't come between the Lord and I. I have shown the Lord time and time again that If He asks for it, He's got it, I don't even consider anything else, even food for my own family.

You can't have TWO number Ones in your life.

I don't think I reaped the power bill money because the money the Lord sent back was still the same power bill money we sowed. I just asked the wife what she was believing for since we have baby car seat seed. Best not be another Baby to put in one.

So the Holy Spirit had me me ask her a question.

Have you ever given anyone a car?

She said No.

If you don't plant it, you don't get a harvest. If you don't cast it upon the Water, then nothing comes back.

Each seed produces after it's own kind.

Amazing testimonies about our youth who are believing God for cars go and sow gas money, car payment money and God is faithful and they get that car. They have learned how to operate the Kingdom of God.

My son wanted a car and He sows 10% faithfully and was sowing into someone else car to help them pay for it.

He shows up to the Parking lot team at church one day and a new truck was waiting on him (New to him it was a 2002 Ford) They paid the insurance for a full year, put new tires on it, filled the gas tank, and got every little thing fixed that was needing fixed.

If you don't have seed, then you should stop asking God for it. God told us how it works. We don't sow used junk either, Junk or stuff we don't need anymore is for the trash. If I don't want it, why would I give it to someone else? Buy them a new one, because that is how I want people to treat me.

If it's cloths, make sure they are not faded, have stains or rips. I get embarrassed that believers sow their left over junk to God. No concept of who they are really giving to and who multiplies the seed sown. No concept at all.

Mike.

Short Answer........... You can't!!!

That is pretty awesome. Brother Keith took up an offering for someone on the praise and worship team to pay off their house. My wife ran down and emptied her bank account to get that seed. We took up 78,000 dollars. I am not sure what comes in for an offering on any given Sunday or Friday but that is a whopper chunk seed toward a house payment. We also took up normal offering first before that. However, I know Brother Keith would not have done that without the Lord dealing with him about it, so the Lord awarded those that obey and serve Him.

Seed is always multiplied. We gave our bill money and obeyed God. I might drive a Lamborghini someday but it won't come between the Lord and I. I have shown the Lord time and time again that If He asks for it, He's got it, I don't even consider anything else, even food for my own family.

You can't have TWO number Ones in your life.

I don't think I reaped the power bill money because the money the Lord sent back was still the same power bill money we sowed. I just asked the wife what she was believing for since we have baby car seat seed. Best not be another Baby to put in one.

If you don't plant it, you don't get a harvest. If you don't cast it upon the Water, then nothing comes back.

Each seed produces after it's own kind.

Amazing testimonies about our youth who are believing God for cars go and sow gas money, car payment money and God is faithful and they get that car. They have learned how to operate the Kingdom of God.

My son wanted a car and He sows 10% faithfully and was sowing into someone else car to help them pay for it.

He shows up to the Parking lot team at church one day and a new truck was waiting on him (New to him it was a 2002 Ford) They paid the insurance for a full year, put new tires on it, filled the gas tank, and got every little thing fixed that was needing fixed.

If you don't have seed, then you should stop asking God for it. God told us how it works. We don't sow used junk either, Junk or stuff we don't need anymore is for the trash. If I don't want it, why would I give it to someone else? Buy them a new one, because that is how I want people to treat me.

If it's cloths, make sure they are not faded, have stains or rips. I get embarrassed that believers sow their left over junk to God. No concept of who they are really giving to and who multiplies the seed sown. No concept at all.

Mike.

Short Answer........... You can't!!!

God is good Brother Mike.

You are Blessed.

Thank you Lord for brother Mikes new House!

JLB

You are Blessed.

Thank you Lord for brother Mikes new House!

All the Glory be to our good God. Wife read that, she really wants her new house and any chance she gets she sows to someone else's. I agree with you JLB, Thank you LOrd for the New house.

Mike.

"Seek Ye First" is a primary principle. However we should never ever put limitations on God goodness. His grace or unmerited favor can swing open doors of opportunities and place you at the right place at the right time for His blessings. Even if you lack the necessary qualifications.

When's it okay, or not okay for professing Christians to indulge the expensive luxuries of life like a Lamborghini sports car?

As long as it is the fruits of true labor, it should be fine! Of course, I don't accept preachers riding private jets. They did not "labor". I think for Christians work and labor are very different. My pastor put it very well. Work - What we go unto God. Labor - What we do unto world. Often preachers mix up that the luxury is something they get out of their labor. But they are just doing a work assigned to them by God.

How did Word of Faith "name it and claim it" stuff get into this thread?

If your going to ask God for a Lamborghini, then best to name the seed you sown toward it and believe that you receive one. If you believe big, then be prepared to stand big.

As long as it is the fruits of true labor, it should be fine! Of course, I don't accept preachers riding private jets. They did not "labor".

So working for the Lord, a Pastor would get paid so poorly that a jet would be out of the question. God is just broke like that.

Got it!!

Mike.

How do you differentiate between preachers taking money from people in the name of God and God truly blessing them

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

Christians to indulge the expensive luxuries of life

Hard question. What did uncle Jedd say when you asked him?

The question makes me ask if the idea of building a life here is appropriate as opposed to viewing this life as a pilgrimage and not engaging in activities that tie us to this world. This line of thinking can be far reaching as one would then have to ask questions about have mortgage debt, school loan debt, car loans, or anything related to usury in their lives. I guess the question that needs to be asked is to what extent should 'strangers and pilgrims' be collecting this world's 'stuff'.

I don't think a definite case could be made that being a true Christian means being dirt poor. If God calls you to that life? Listen and obey. But there is a use for the rich as well; they have more to contribute to good causes.
By American standards, I am still in the low class. At one time several years back we would have been considered below the poverty level. Yet we had much more, including creature comforts, than many in third world countries. Most Americans, even the poor ones, are filthy rich in comparison to much of the world.

The time to definitely let go of material possessions? When they hinder your journey.

I do think at the very least don't as a general rule buy things you don't need or won't really use. (There I go being captain obvious again.) That's something I need to keep repeating to myself whenever I indulge in window shopping.

How did Word of Faith "name it and claim it" stuff get into this thread?

If your going to ask God for a Lamborghini, then best to name the seed you sown toward it and believe that you receive one. If you believe big, then be prepared to stand big.

As long as it is the fruits of true labor, it should be fine! Of course, I don't accept preachers riding private jets. They did not "labor".

So working for the Lord, a Pastor would get paid so poorly that a jet would be out of the question. God is just broke like that.

Got it!!

Mike.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJ9oBCLwwL0

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back