Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

When was This Decided??

Mike

I took the family to Cedar Point this weekend. (It's an American amusement park.) When was the vote by all of the human race that EVERYONE, yes EVERYONE get either a neck and/or full back and/or full arm tattoo? When was it decided that we were all on board??

I'm not bashing tattoo's or those who have them. Personally, I would never get one, but we're all different. I get it. The point is that I go to a park like this... I must have missed the vote, or the email.

When did this happen? When I was growing in the 70's, some people had an arm tattoo. What is up with at least 90% of people from a random sample at Cedar Point have massive tattoos, many of which are not in places that can be hidden for a day-time job. :o

Last edited by a moderator:
*shrug* I don't understand the appeal either most of my friends want and have large numbers of them.

I personally am abit of an exception in that my body is 30% covered by scarring covers my upper arms the same, Stomach, hips thighs, Some of my neck and face and some on my chest too I cherish those spots of my skin that are smooth white and squishy free from scarring. and the idea of getting a tatoo is abit alien.

I mean I understand wanting artwork on your body, hell I somtimes go nuts with a perminant marker and draw crazy patterns all over myself. But you'd get bored of image surely playing around like that is why we have make up. O.o

nottattoo.jpg

Exsample of messing about with perminant marker. It hurts less gives you more creative control and you can change the pattern after a week or so. :)

*shrug* I don't understand the appeal either most of my friends want and have large numbers of them.

I personally am abit of an exception in that my body is 30% covered by scarring covers my upper arms the same, Stomach, hips thighs, Some of my neck and face and some on my chest too I cherish those spots of my skin that are smooth white and squishy free from scarring. and the idea of getting a tatoo is abit alien.

I mean I understand wanting artwork on your body, hell I somtimes go nuts with a perminant marker and draw crazy patterns all over myself. But you'd get bored of image surely playing around like that is why we have make up. O.o

nottattoo.jpg

Exsample of messing about with perminant marker. It hurts less gives you more creative control and you can change the pattern after a week or so. :)

At first glance I'd thought it was a giraffe's neck

Mike you are so out of touch! :lol

:toofunny

When this generation is in their 60-70 it will be ugly!

It was probably included in the same memo involving "gauged" ear piercings that make ones ear lobe rest on your shoulder.

I take my earrings out & cover my tattoos for work.

---
- New International Version unless noted otherwise

I gave up on CP back in the early 90's when I realized it was no longer a good place to take the kids. They over sold tickets, making it a waste of time to go there (you spent the vast majority of your day waiting in line).

I also noticed that the place attracted the most undesirable, selfish, rude and foul-mouthed young people I've ever encountered.

Haven't been there in close to 20 years.

it depends if one has money or not. and i know a 70 yr old who has kept herself and she looks 50. but that is a lot to do with genetics and surgery and healthy diet and exericise.

impressive to still have six pack at that age after two kids and years later.

I'm 27, so a lot of people in my generation and younger are into the whole tattoo thing. I don't get it. They're painful, they're hard to remove, and sometimes they don't even look that great (an acquaintance, for instance, got an infinity sign put on wrist; it came out lopsided. Whoops.).

An intresting point. Everyone here seems overtly hostile or dosen't get why someone would want a tatoo I'm in that camp personally but I am curious as to why some of you seem hostile to both tatoos and bodily modification.

Because while I personally would get bored of the things I'm not adverse to the principle of why pepole get it. somtimes change can be a good thing.

I'd say if I don't have the genetics to look good at that age but honestly I don't know. Everyone in my family bar me (cuz I'm a glitchy freak) Is overweight OR smokes 20 a day, Drinks excessively and tends to sunbath alot.

in my days of sinnin, ie lying, conning, i had an ear piercing on my left ear and i may have if i was still a sinner a tatoo. but then in 1996 or back , certainly not.

its not that they bother me just that as christians we shouldnt act the like the world.

I gave up on CP back in the early 90's when I realized it was no longer a good place to take the kids. They over sold tickets, making it a waste of time to go there (you spent the vast majority of your day waiting in line).

I also noticed that the place attracted the most undesirable, selfish, rude and foul-mouthed young people I've ever encountered.

Haven't been there in close to 20 years.

We pick our times carefully and get package deals that reduce the cost. For a roller-coaster lover, it's really the only place to go. In late August, the lines are way down with many school districts already in session, and it cools off a lot. :yes

Back to topic, I'm just shocked at the size and placement of these tats. Many people give no thought to the possibility that they might not want their bodies to be a billboard at some point in their lives. Some might not go to workplaces where it matters or find themselves in such social venues, but really... so many? :shrug

I must have missed the vote, or the email. :o
Sorry about that Mike. We voted last week. I was supposed to call you. My fault brother. They told me that since you weren't there I could vote for you. You voted YES!:lol I think I missed the vote for the ear gauges though. Maybe somebody voted yes for me??? I'd have definitely voted NO:grumpy

Westtexas

Last edited by a moderator:
Wait I thought Jesus has a tatoo?

:toofunny

Yeah - and that was the mark we wicked sinners gave Him when we crucified Him. Look into His palms and you'd see them. He has one In His side. He has another on the head!

We'd suffer similar tatoos these last days!

Revelation 19:16

King James Version (KJV)

<SUP id=en-KJV-31034 class=versenum>16</SUP>And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.

No I meant this one.

It's a sad trend because tattoos disqualify you from giving blood. :sad And we need more blood donors.
Only for 12 months.

I myself am disbarred from donationg blood because nobody wants dirty tranny blood dispite me never having had sex.

When I ask why I can't each place I asked came up with seperate reasons. Any excuse really.

Back