Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

When you pour soda in a glass & it goes flat

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
You wouldn’t know them. A couple of PhDs I personally have known for over 10 years and some medical doctors I know. It would be difficult to give you public figures because one has to be privy to their actual choices and the outcomes. That requires personal information. People don’t tell the public their struggles that result from their choices.
I misunderstood. I thought you were making a definitive statement about all atheists.

No, not my personal opinion, but that of knowing the intelligence of my husband and the weak areas of learning as well as many others that struggle with illiteracy as far as reading and writing very well, but yet articulate themselves quite well verbally.
If you can decide my educated understanding is my personal
opinion, I have even more reason to point out that your opinion on your husband is very personal. You ought to be more careful when dismissing other’s knowledge as personal opinion.
Test are only as good as the one that is doing the testing giving their own opinions, but not truly knowing the knowledge that one has over the course of time learning from experiences.
Obviously you’ve never taken intelligence tests. There is no personal evaluation involved any more than the written drivers test depends upon the person giving the test. They are completely objective and can be given in a room full of people taking them with one organizer. There is no personal evaluation.
I never went to school or read instructions on installing a garbage disposal, but I can take one out and install a new one. IMO. life teaches us the more important things we need to know and do.
There are skills that are not connected to intelligence. They are useful but independent of IQ.

If you can decide my educated understanding is my personal
opinion, I have even more reason to point out that your opinion on your husband is very personal. You ought to be more careful when dismissing other’s knowledge as personal opinion.

Obviously you’ve never taken intelligence tests. There is no personal evaluation involved any more than the written drivers test depends upon the person giving the test. They are completely objective and can be given in a room full of people taking them with one organizer. There is no personal evaluation.

There are skills that are not connected to intelligence. They are useful but independent of IQ.
With all due respect I will no longer discuss this with you as we see it all differently. You have a blessed day.

Riven

Are we derailing your thread?
Do you care?
No. I think thread derailment is only possible in the Q&A section. WIP be like...

seinfeld-festivus.gif

a strange world Dorothy.
Persons that have studied English in school here speak it better than some Americans.
I can say this...
I'm American.
Sad but true. Surely it’s easier to explain when anyone pointing out that grammar helps organize thoughts and is preferable to illiterate is criticized. Those who could consider improving their thinking/verbal skills are told they are just fine and not to worry about the “grammar police.” “Stay illiterate by all means!! Don’t improve your mind!!”

Sad but true. Surely it’s easier to explain when anyone pointing out that grammar helps organize thoughts and is preferable to illiterate is criticized. Those who could consider improving their thinking/verbal skills are told they are just fine and not to worry about the “grammar police.” “Stay illiterate by all means!! Don’t improve your mind!!”
Oh my gosh.
This is happening??

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back