Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

When you pour soda in a glass & it goes flat

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
It’s an even sadder commentary on the world when the most ignorant who refuse to discipline their mind are applauded for being lazy.
My husband is illiterate in writing and spelling, but yet very intelligent in other more important matters so it's not always about being lazy.

My husband is illiterate in writing and spelling, but yet very intelligent in other more important matters so it's not always about being lazy.
Fil never west past ninth grade.made more money then most college grads because he was gifted to make money .

Built homes ,ran a bar and fought fires

Those illiterate in writing and spelling (with spell check that’s harder to defend) here have not demonstrated “very intelligent.” What they have to say does not support that they belong to that description.

Having said that, being uneducated (illiterate) is not connected to intelligence although harder to defend in most countries, although it’s already been said that the US no longer educates its population so I suspect we’ll see more of these kinds of people there.

Those illiterate in writing and spelling (with spell check that’s harder to defend) here have not demonstrated “very intelligent.” What they have to say does not support that they belong to that description.

Having said that, being uneducated (illiterate) is not connected to intelligence although harder to defend in most countries, although it’s already been said that the US no longer educates its population so I suspect we’ll see more of these kinds of people there.
This is just your opinion as when one understands the various intelligences within someone who has a hard time reading and writing they will see that many have more intelligence then those who are book learned that can not even find a job to support themselves even after graduating college. Life is the best lesson and learning comes by hands on experience.

This is just your opinion as when one understands the various intelligences within someone who has a hard time reading and writing they will see that many have more intelligence then those who are book learned that can not even find a job to support themselves even after graduating college. Life is the best lesson and learning comes by hands on experience.
As I said . My fil isn't the only one for sure .

That is definitely your very personal opinion as to the existence of “various intelligences” and those who are unable to articulate themselves verbally are more so than those who are very adept at doing so. For one, making money is no sign of intelligence. It’s not on any intelligence test I’ve ever been acquainted with. No one thinks one determines intelligence by annual income. And two, all intelligence tests are evaluated by verbal skills although that will become more difficult as Americans are no longer educated in primary school to read and write and think.

Yes some learn through experience although the foolish learn less and the mentally challenged also learn less.

But I will repeat the obvious that WISDOM is not in the least connected to intelligence. I know very bright people, on the upper level of IQ whose ability to understand challenging subjects is impressive, who are extremely foolish. These are atheists, every one. They say and do things that are extremely foolish and are surprised by the outcome. The outcome was a foreseeable conclusion to me but I have gained wisdom from obeying the Lord.

Wisdom comes by the fear of the Lord. John Bunyon has impressed many with his understanding of man and morals although not well educated.

I guess I think Christians ought not evaluate people as the world does nor be offended if the truth comes out that they aren’t gifted in some natural abilities. Our value doesn’t rest on our intelligence nor ability to sing nor dexterity although all three are useful. If we love the truth, we ought to love the truth about our lack as well as talents. Neither make us better people in particular.

Last edited:
You wouldn’t know them. A couple of PhDs I personally have known for over 10 years and some medical doctors I know. It would be difficult to give you public figures because one has to be privy to their actual choices and the outcomes. That requires personal information. People don’t tell the public their struggles that result from their choices.

I have met some uneducated,illerate saints .

Often black and over 70 .you have to know why that is .yet they were wise.

They survived as it was simpler then.no govt aid ,less need for education when it's nothing but farms

That is definitely your very personal opinion as to the existence of “various intelligences” and those who are unable to articulate themselves verbally are more so than those who are very adept at doing so. For one, making money is no sign of intelligence. It’s not on any intelligence test I’ve ever been acquainted with. No one thinks one determines intelligence by annual income. And two, all intelligence tests are evaluated by verbal skills although that will become more difficult as Americans are no longer educated in primary school to read and write and think.

Yes some learn through experience although the foolish learn less and the mentally challenged also learn less.

But I will repeat the obvious that WISDOM is not in the least connected to intelligence. I know very bright people, on the upper level of IQ whose ability to understand challenging subjects is impressive, who are extremely foolish. These are atheists, every one. They say and do things that are extremely foolish and are surprised by the outcome. The outcome was a foreseeable conclusion to me but I have gained wisdom from obeying the Lord.

Wisdom comes by the fear of the Lord. John Bunyon has impressed many with his understanding of man and morals although not well educated.

I guess I think Christians ought not evaluate people as the world does nor be offended if the truth comes out that they aren’t gifted in some natural abilities. Our value doesn’t rest on our intelligence nor ability to sing nor dexterity although all three are useful. If we love the truth, we ought to love the truth about our lack as well as talents. Neither make us better people in particular.
No, not my personal opinion, but that of knowing the intelligence of my husband and the weak areas of learning as well as many others that struggle with illiteracy as far as reading and writing very well, but yet articulate themselves quite well verbally. Test are only as good as the one that is doing the testing giving their own opinions, but not truly knowing the knowledge that one has over the course of time learning from experiences. I never went to school or read instructions on installing a garbage disposal, but I can take one out and install a new one. IMO. life teaches us the more important things we need to know and do.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back