Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Who created Satan?

I know what evil is Kidron.
What I'm asking is:
Where did it come from?
See?

How do I rebel against something if I'm all good? Oh, I'm NOT all good? I'm a little bad? Where did the bad come from if God is all good how does He create bad? OR where did the bad come from?

Go back far enough and you won't get an answer.
I've stopped looking.

Wondering
-
What you are asking me is......... "who created evil".
Answer: Lust.
God didnt create a situation that is defined by those who reject and rebel against His authority and righteousness.
They defined themselves and IT (as evil) when they made a free will choice to not abide by or in the Light.

Isaiah 14:12-15 Ezekiel 28:14,15 is prophetically directed to the king of Babylon and the king of Tyre, but also meant to include someone apart from humans as being referred to as an anointed cherub or son of the morning that has always been our adversary starting with his fall from God's favor,
Both passages speak only of the kings of Babylon and Tyre. To say that they are speaking of Satan is reading into those texts something that isn't there.

Please, tell me how our adversary can be called a "bringer of light". Why would the Holy Spirit speak through one of his prophets to call Satan a bringer of light?

I don't see the big deal. His name was "son of the dawn/morning" before he became the accuser (devil/Satan).
It is a big deal precisely because Satan's name was not Lucifer. There is no such being with the name Lucifer in Scripture. That is a misreading of the text based on the error of KJV to leave a Latin word untranslated.

And what is that interpretation?
And does it matter?
I say it doesn't.
The more we discuss it, all it does is gives us a fixation on the devil and we really don't need that.
I don't think you can find supporting verses in Scripture for that.
So what good does it do us to continue?
Is it somehow edifying the group?
Or is that too boring?
It's about accurately handling Scripture, or do you think that unimportant? Do you think it is important to make sure we don't make Scripture say more than it does or too little?

The KJV was given to our country years ago and since then there have been many translations because they determined it was hard to understand therefore these new translations makes it simpler to comprehend. Well that says one thing; if they didn't understand it in the first place then how close are they going to get changing the Bible. And apparently that is the culprit to why there is so much confusion today. Also not understanding the King James Version is saying they are not guided by The Holy Ghost because He is the one who helps us understand what we can't about the scriptures. So instead of saying the scriptures doesn't match what I think maybe one could say my thinking don't match the scriptures then ask The Holy Spirit for discernment and understanding. It really is not as hard as everybody is making it out to be. Slow down, breath, and ask the Bible questions. Besides The Holy Spirit wants anyone to ask the right questions.

_

The real reason you have "brand new versions" 14 times a year, is because its a guaranteed way to make MONEY off the suckers.
300 new versions that are ALL= "easier to read and understand", and people keep believing that is why someone is selling it to you.
The KJV has a "crown copyright"....this means that its free to copy and distribute at will.
What can possibly be more confused then a Minister reading from his bible (from the pulpit), and yours is missing the verse.
This is one of Satan's greatest strategies.

Last edited:
Isaiah 14:12
Day Star son of David - The Oxford Annotated Bible ((day star son of David has to be a mistake here as being a reference for Lucifer as Jesus identifies himself as the morning star a descendant of David in Rev 22:16 as all the other versions just say morning star or day star)

morning star son of the dawn - NIV

Lucifer son of the morning - NKJV

shinging star of the dawn - James Moffatt

Day star Son of Dawn - The Jerusalem Bible

Lucifer son of the morning - KJV
Right. So the KJV and a few other translations are wrong in using Lucifer as a proper name. Again, this supports what I have been saying.

Do you think it is important to make sure we don't make Scripture say more than it does or too little?
Sure it's important.
That's how we got tens of thousands of denominations and sects ans schisms and heresies.
But, when someone says, "Lucifer", you can bet they mean the devil.
And if you're confused, you can ask them if that's who they mean.
Or you can continue to make a big stink about nothing.

LOL, are you serious?
There's more corruption of Scripture on this forum than I've seen in my entire life.
Of course I'm serious. The amount of corruption of Scripture on these forums is utterly irrelevant to what I asked you. Do you or do you not think it is important to rightly handle Scripture? You previously said "it doesn't matter" in regards to how the passage in Isa. 14 is interpreted. This means you don't care if Scripture is corrupted on these forums, if people have a wrong interpretation. Would that be accurate?

Sure it's important.
That's how we got tens of thousands of denominations and sects ans schisms and heresies.
But, when someone says, "Lucifer", you can bet they mean the devil.
And if you're confused, you can ask them if that's who they mean.
Or you can continue to make a big stink about nothing.
So you think it important to make sure we don't make the Scriptures say too little or too much. On that we clearly agree. We also have people, including yourself if I am not mistaken, believing that part of Isa. 14 is speaking of Satan because a few translations say "Lucifer". But that is making Scripture say too much.

So, either I am making "a big stink about nothing" and saying too much is actually not important to you, or I am making a big stink about something because saying too much actually is important to you. Which is it?

-
What you are asking me is......... "who created evil".
Answer: Lust.
God didnt create a situation that is defined by those who reject and rebel against His authority and righteousness.
They defined themselves and IT (as evil) when they made a free will choice to not abide by or in the Light.
So where did lust come from?
God is perfect. He created lust?

Give it up Kidron...
There is no answer!

Wondering

So, either I am making "a big stink about nothing" and saying too much is actually not important to you, or I am making a big stink about something because saying too much actually is important to you. Which is it?
Neither.
You're making a big stink about nothing.

So where did lust come from?
God is perfect. He created lust?

Give it up Kidron...
There is no answer!

Wondering
-
It all stems from wrong thinking taking root as a desire.
Lucifer had a thought when in heaven....."what would it be like to be GOD, instead of JUST, an anointed cherub"... and this thought seed became a wrong desire root, = that became a lust, and at that second, "iniquity" (evil) was BIRTHED.
This is why Jesus says in John 8:44, that any that are not God's are: "children of the devil." and Satan's lusts they will DO. """""
What Satan did in the garden was adopt His children by offering them a temptation to choose, that created in them "iniquity" as soon as they did.
So, Satan "Father'd " this, he birthed it using a sinless situation to impregnate.
This is why mankind is "fallen", its because this is exactly the condition of Satan... He's "fallen".. (and so are his own).
Satan, according to Jesus The Christ, is the Father of the "fallen".

Last edited:
What you think is your "point" is of no consequence.

Yes I do.
Others have already posted good reasons to come to that conclusion.
You just seem to want to argue endlessly about something of very little consequence.
This gives me the real answer to my previous question. And, no, no one has posted any good reason to come to that conclusion. It's all been begging the question so far.

Of course I'm serious. The amount of corruption of Scripture on these forums is utterly irrelevant to what I asked you. Do you or do you not think it is important to rightly handle Scripture? You previously said "it doesn't matter" in regards to how the passage in Isa. 14 is interpreted. This means you don't care if Scripture is corrupted on these forums, if people have a wrong interpretation. Would that be accurate?
Accepting what God gives you.

I do know we have an adversary (whatever the name) that God has created and it is only Gods will as He purposes, even though we might not understand it. This adversary has to stay in Gods will to tempt us, but never kill us like that of Job, Job 1:6-12 and to entice us to be out of Gods will to follow our own like what this adversary tried to do with Jesus, Matthew 4:1-11. It's only when man is tempted to walk in self will that we see the greed and lust of their hearts even if they seem to be good people, but who knows what is hidden behind the door. This is why there have always been wars against those who are in Gods will that walk by faith and are even persecuted to death for their obedience to God. There are so many things we will never understand especially when scripture is silent, but just to trust God in all things as we no matter what stay faithful to Him.

Both passages speak only of the kings of Babylon and Tyre. To say that they are speaking of Satan is reading into those texts something that isn't there.

Please, tell me how our adversary can be called a "bringer of light". Why would the Holy Spirit speak through one of his prophets to call Satan a bringer of light?
I did show you the various version that either say morning star or day star for Isaiah 14:12. Was both these kings an anointed cherub, no, were both these kings the day star or morning star, no................process of elimination and you see the symbolism of Satan in these verses as only Satan can tempt us, but it is our choice to walk away from Gods will to follow self will which will be our downfall.

Back